[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
amazing spiderman #12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 26
finally out of the zodiac edition
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>it's a Peter meets Miles episode
Nice
>>
>>
>>
You poor son of a bitch, no book deserves a Regent run.
C'mon, Slott, he was the worst part of Renew Your Vows- ooooh, I get it now.
>>
>>
>>82471372
Out of the Zodiac furnace and into Bendis' frying pan.

Prepare for a painful read.
>>
>>
>>
>>82471424
>Nice
Its not at all.

Is Peter just going to spend the entire issue talking about how amazing Miles is? Like he does when Bendis writes him in his own book?
>>
>>82471412
>Again
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>82471582
I'm embarrassed this was published by a major comic book company owned by the leading entertainment conglomerate.

God, Slott is a SHITTY writer.
>>
>>
>>
Why does the universe hate Peter?
>>
>>
>>82471650
The real question is why does Marvel hate Pete by letting Shitt write him for so long?
>>
>>82471421
At least Slott is adressing how weird it is that Tony doesn't remember MJ and Peter living at the Tower, fucking Bendis
>>
>>82471650
blame franklin and reed for that
>>
>>82471421
I- what?
>>
>>
>>82471698
Tony had his memories wiped during Dark Reign. They used a back-up of his memories but it was severely out-dated.

The obvious reason for that was so they could make it so he didn't remember Civil War onwards and reset him in time for the Avengers back to his less fascist days.

But still, it does give a proper justification for him not remembering them.
>>
>>82471615
yes, make act Peter as a jelous teenager....serious, this writing is embarassing.
>>
>>82471698
Tony wiped his memory after Civil War, plus he's a Franklin Richards reconstruction (as is MJ) while Peter is the original thanks to being a lifeboat survivor. How can Tony remember something he doesn't know?
>>
>>82471615
bahahahahha
>>
>>82471421
Ah, so the excuse for why Bendis' Tony didn't remember civil war Spidy stuff is he's retarded. Perfect.
>>
>>82471689
Poor guy needs a hug or something.
Or bettwer writers.

>>82471710
Is that the Regent guy?
Is Spidey gonna have to smack a bitch... again?
>>
>>82471773
>this writing is embarassing.

It's Slott. Are you just now realizing this?
>>
>>82471538
>>82471553
This is kind of pathetic
>>
>>82471516
But Peter's last appearance in Miles' book was him showing up to say "Man, you're actually really bad at this, huh? Kinda regretting letting you use the Spider-man name now."
>>
>>82471601
>spidey gets outshined in a team-up because of a lame one liner
Slott's 'Spider-man is a loser' schtick has gone too far.
>>
>>82471803
>Is Spidey gonna have to smack a bitch... again?

Except he didn't smack the Regent. He told a corny dad joke because, Slott.

I just want the pain to go away. Tell me someday Slott will keel over from a massive coronary failure, /co/.
>>
>>82471615
>HeoOrMenace: I don't understand why his chest spider glows. Lame
kek
>>
hopefully with feige getting back with spidey disney will have them dump slott and get a real writer on their books now
>>
>>82471553

BLACKED

I'm so sorry
>>
>>82471842
Didn't Regent have his kid in a choke hold?
Where was silent "put down my kid or I'll feed you yout own teeth" Peter?
>>
>>82471710
Darkseid?
>>
>>82471562
That was pretty funny.
>>
>>82471562
>He got me to say "Duck Season" and "Fire"

Fucking goddamnit I chuckled. That's pretty good.

Is ASM worth picking up? I'm veeeerry unclear if Slott is a good writer or not from posters
>>
>>82471935
beat me to it
>>
>>82471953
I like him. A lot of Anons hate that he creates new characters and makes them a big deal. Its a fine read and run.
>>
>>82471642
So his family died in Under Siege? I don't recall any civilians dying or being put in danger in that one
>>
>>82471394
What the fuck even was the point of Pete dating the Asian chick? Was it just so that her being the mole would add more drama? I barely remember him even interacting with her.
>>
>>82471953
He can be ok, but really fucking dumb at times.
>>
>>82471953
I'm not a big Slott fan. I thought Big Time and the beginning of Superior were good but it seems like he's just out of ideas. The story seems pretty bland now. I feel like he uses the "Parker Luck" thing way too much. Like yeah, Pete has bad things happen to him, but Slott just makes Pete's life a stream of stupid disasters.
>>
>>82472049
That and Slott indulging in more of his yellow fever.
>>
>>82472049
Because according to the status quo, Peter is not allowed to be in any kind of serious relationship or achieve any kind of momentay happiness.
I think there were maybe four or five panles with them standing side-by side.
>>
>>82471615
>Talks up his desire to be responsible with the company
>Immediately tries to throw unnecessary money at a woman just to spite Stark

Slott, do you actually have Alzheimer's?
>>
>>82471953
From an objective craft of writing POV:

Slott is shit.

His hamfisted dialogue is on display in this issue, and it's actually much better than normal. Usually Slott's dialogue is forced and unnatural soundiing, and would be rejected by Rocky and Bullwinkle as being too on-the-nose and cartoon-like.

His characterization is shit. He thinks a character arc is something Noah built for animals. Traumatic events happen to his characters and they bounce back immediately like the rubber action figures they resemble. Calling them two-dimensional is an insult to the second dimension.

His story structure is shit. Slott's stories are: set up, Spider-Man loses, Spider-Man loses, Spider-Man loses, Spider-Man suddenly wins through no action of his own. Slott relies on deus ex machina and contrived convenience. THREE of his storylines (SpOck at Horizon Labs, Spider-Verse, Zodiac) rely on a portal suddenly appearing just when the hero/villain needs it to appear.

His original characters are shit. Mary/Gary Stu is a phrase thrown out all too often when someone doesn't like an OC, but in Slott's case, it's warranted. His Cindy Moon ticked nearly every box on the Mary Sue litmus test.

Reading Slott actively causes you to lose several grade levels of reading literacy. Save yourself.
>>
>>82471421
Is Tony just fucking with them?
>>
>>82472601
Tony just doesn't want to admit that he's missing like 2 years worth of memory after Dark Reign
>>
>>82471828
You meant when Miles 1v1 Blackheart with a one shot? After that Peter Cale back and commented on how awesome the Miles costume is.
>>
>>82471553
>what kind of a grown man calls dibs?
>>
>>82471771
>But still, it does give a proper justification for him not remembering them.

No writer will ever bring this up, though.
>>
>>82471778
>How can Tony remember something he doesn't know?

Franklin, Reed and Owen Reese brought "Prime Earth" back to the state it was at just before Secret Wars, with the same history leading up to that point and everything. They made minor changes after that point (i.e. Parker Industries randomly being successful, after Ghost fucked the company in the final issue of ASM's previous volume).
>>
>>82471538
Am I supposed to find two veteran superheroes arguing over who gets to fight the guy that's currently terrorising civilians funny?
>>
>>82471828
You need to re-read that issue. Peter was practically drooling on Miles.
>>
>>82471953
>Is ASM worth picking up?
Not even remotely. If you want to read Spider-Man stuff, go back and read pre-One More Day stuff. When the comic was good.
>>
>>82471991
>>82472054
>casuals detected
>>
>>82471615
>:-D

Yeah this is Slott
>>
>>82473011
According the nearly unreadable issue of ASM before this, Scorpio is the reason why Parker Industries was successful.

Tony's mind was wiped. That's why he doesn't remember. Get over trying to make this a Bendis mistake.
>>
Thanks for doing us all a favour and sparing us from spending money on this. They should rename it The Amazing Spider-Manchild for as long as Slott's writing it.
>>
>>82472428
This is an extremely accurate description and breakdown of Slott's work. I agree with every point.
>>
>>82473011
>They made minor changes after that point
NO THEY DIDN'T
Literally everything is exactly the same except for Miles Morales and a few additions. Nothing has actually been changed, this isn't an Infinite Crisis-style reality punch. Ghost blowing up the company was brought up this very issue, and Scorpio discussed it last issue.
>>
>>82471890
If you were, you wouldn't have done it at all.
>>
File: YwyCWFj.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
YwyCWFj.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82473144
>Scorpio is the reason why Parker Industries was successful.

It literally was not. In ASM #10, Scorpio flat out says he has no clue as to how Parker Industries magically became successful.
>>
File: 2D68iUQ.jpg (4 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
2D68iUQ.jpg
4 MB, 3975x3056
>>82473274
They literally did. Its even confirmed here: >>82473328

And in the most recent handbook entry (pic related).
>>
>>82473328
Bet it was LivingOck's doing.
>>
>>82473328
Actually anon, he flat-out states that he's an investor.

He has no idea why Parker Industries became sucessful, but that it doesn't matter to him.
He was there to invest, using the money from his investments he funded his little club.
>>
>>82473328
>Scorpio flat out says he has no clue as to how Parker Industries magically became successful.
That just proves that there is no retcon. It's obviously a mystery being set up.
>>
>>82473434
Show me where that was actually said or shown.

Hint: You can't.
>>
>>82473459
>he flat-out states that he's an investor.
Yes. He became an investor AFTER Parker Industries' magical success, numbnuts.
>>
>>82473469
Stop tipping your hand, Slott. We know it's you.

There's a reason why I said, "Bet." As in, it's speculation. I know, speculation is a big word. Ask someone near you to help you sound it out.
>>
>>82472112
>I feel like he uses the "Parker Luck" thing way too much.

He's not the only one who had this problem. I got this same impression during BND.

I think too many writers keep handling it in an unsubtle manner and it comes off forced.
>>
>>82473459
I'm not sure if you know how to actually read, but its spelled out pretty directly that he has no fucking clue how Parker Industries became successful here: >>82473328
>>
>>82471631
>>82471642
>>82471658

Guess things didn't go so well over in Power Man & Iron Fist.
>>
>>82473529
>I think too many writers keep handling it in an unsubtle manner and it comes off forced.

But only Shitt has practically made it into a fetish. Not to mention, he uses it wrong. Parker Luck is when Peter's life as Spider-Man interferes with his life as Peter. It's not "dumb shit happens to me because I'm a dumb shit," the way Shitt writes.
>>
>>82473553
all this back and forth proves is that slott is a crap hack who didn't make it clear
>>
>>82471421
it's not cornrows, for fudge sake
>>
>>82473718
You can't really expect Slott to know literally anything about the characters he writes, anon. Be reasonable.
>>
>>82473591
>But only Shitt has practically made it into a fetish.

I don't know about that, Zdarsky does that in Howard the Duck, too. But on the other hand that's Howard's book.

>Not to mention, he uses it wrong. Parker Luck is when Peter's life as Spider-Man interferes with his life as Peter. It's not "dumb shit happens to me because I'm a dumb shit," the way Shitt writes.

That's still also the impression I got from some storyarcs in BND, too. But you're right that Slott goes overboard with it.
>>
>>82473718
>cornrows

Like Slott has ever met a black person
>>
>>82471615
>exelSenior

most subtle cameo ever?
>>
>>82473031
Fuck, you guys are all fucking salty every issue
>>
>>82471421
>cornrows
>>
>>82475259
Because it's shit.
>>
>>82475259
Slott, is that you?
>>
>>82475311
he already tipped his hand by getting salty over the mention of LivingOck. He used the same phrases he uses on Twitter. Either that, or it's someone doing a great impersonation of him.
>>
>>82475453
>He used the same phrases he uses on Twitter.
Wat.
>>
>>82471456
>Kids
Wait they only had one.
>>
>>82475943
Last time they were shown together they were having dinner with Normie and Harry's other son. Stanley or something.
>>
>>82471562
Ok I laughed
>>
>>82471601
God is this the new Tony Stark? Because I hate him, seriously, doesn't even sound like MCU Tony either.
>>
>>82473498
Well, no, he used Gemini's future sight to find out that Parker Industries was going to become magically succesful, so he invested heavily right before that happened to reap the benefits.
>>
>>82476034
Slott has done a wonderful job capturing the tone Bendis is using at least.
>>
>>82473529
>I got this same impression during BND.
Who do you think wrote like a third of the BND books?
>>
>>82473434
Yeah, I'm guessing he hacked the stock market so PI spiked when everyone else went downhill.
>>
>>82471698
I'd blame Quesada/Mephisto, since otherwise Tony should have figured out Peter's identity after OMD in like 5 minutes.
>>
>>82471601
Wow. Just wow, tony went to far
>>
>>82471525
You tell 'em, Ghost.
>>
>>82476175
Yep. Like he was probably responsible for hacking and reprogramming London’s CCTV system with nanotech and then made Sajani look guilty.

Peter's gonna look like an incompetent moron asshole when this is discovered, isn't he. Thanks Slott.
>>
I was kind of hoping that once the zodiac nonsense was done we'd get some decent spider-man stories again, but JESUS this was weird and boring.

Why were there so many callbacks to old books in this issue?
>>
>>82471953
No he isnt. When peter is more entertaining and interesting is every other series except his main series, you know there is a problem.
>>
>>82471953
>Is ASM worth picking up? I'm veeeerry unclear if Slott is a good writer or not from posters

It was good for a while. Big Time through Spider Island and Ends of the Earth were good runs. Slott's run has become more "by the numbers" than anything else. It's just flat, shallow, and exactly what you would expect it to be.

It's like later years Claremont X-Men. It's not absolutely awful. You just finish the issue and say "Yeah, that was a Dan Slott-written Spider-Man book."
>>
>>82475259
Hey you think this place is upset about Slott, you should've seen the comics forum on SA.
>>
>>82471953
He has decent ideas that he is terrible at executing. Spock and Silk were much better written by other writers.
>>
>>82471689
Because for some reason that cannot be explained, the comic is selling.
>>
wait, whats the deal with this spiderman's suit? is it like a metal symbiote like stark has?
>>
>>82471456
Aguie... Is that regent?
>>
>>82477016
because salt sells
>>
File: Spidey loves popcorn.jpg (346 KB, 900x2220) Image search: [Google]
Spidey loves popcorn.jpg
346 KB, 900x2220
>>82472428
Thank you for putting this into words.

Man I miss the JMS run.
>>
>>82477456
I blame Mephisto. Obviously Peter wasn't the only one who made a soulless deal with the devil. It's the only reasonable explanation.
>>
>>82476175
That's such a retarded plot device that I would absolutely believe Slott would do that.
>>
>>82471439
>Makes fun of Peter's tux
>It's identical to Harry's

fucking Slott
>>
>>82471642
So this isn't the Renew Your Vows Regent, but a 616 Regent as Cap has his A on his forehead instead of star in RYV, and there's a Thor while RYV didn't have Thor because they were in the Thor Corps.
>>
>>82471495
ugh. tony and mary jane interacting is really unsettling. spidercuck
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.