[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this will help with the book's sales this month?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: VisionreadingVision.jpg (67 KB, 597x695) Image search: [Google]
VisionreadingVision.jpg
67 KB, 597x695
Do you think this will help with the book's sales this month?
>>
>>82469974
Not really. At best, it'll get maybe a couple hundred tumblrites to buy a digital copy.
>>
>>82469974
No, it doesn't matter. King is at DC now so it's going to end at #12. I wouldn't want it to continue without him.

Marvel pushed it really hard, which I give them credit for, but sales were never there.

It will make a phenomenal trade and hopefully will be in print for many years to come.
>>
>>82469974
No. Retailers already made their orders.
>>
>>82469974
Has someone told Bettany that it's ending? Nice that he enjoys it though.
>>
>>82469974
Why does this do so poorly, by the way? It's not the quality, and while people always say "Nobody reads C-Listers", Vision had been in Ultron and whatnot. I'm a DC, but I'm consistently fascinated by how all the really well-written books don't seem to sell. This, Omega Men, Midnighter, et cetera.
>>
>>82470013
That they're even letting it get to 12 with how low its selling is admirable. Guess they figure with how good it is, they'll recoup the costs through trades down the line.
>>
>>82470348
>"Nobody reads C-Listers"

This is literally the reason. Despite being in movies, no one gives a shit. War Machine/Iron Patriot lasted all of 8(?) issues before getting canceled right after Iron Man 3 came out.
>>
>>82470426
>War Machine/Iron Patriot lasted all of 8(?) issues before getting canceled right after Iron Man 3 came out.
Nah man. It was originally going to be an ongoing, but the first issue sold so poorly that it was downgraded to a 5 issue mini before the first issue even came out. If memory serves, it launched at cancellation numbers.
>>
>>82470348

Because nobody goes on the view for actual good books.

The actual good books don't get the main stream coverage they deserve and you have to luck out on even your average fan picking them up.
>>
>>82470419
>That they're even letting it get to 12 with how low its selling is admirable

Probably because they were trying to gain favor with King after the whole Omega Men situation.
>>
>>82470426
>War Machine/Iron Patriot lasted all of 8(?) issues

It didn't even get that. It got downgraded to a four issue mini before the first issue even came out.
>>
>>82470500
>>82470468
So even worse than I remembered. I didn't think it was as bad as Morbius.
>>
>>82470529
Oh yeah. That first issue was the lowest selling of any Marvel NOW book.
>>
>>82470544
>Deathlok lasted to 10 issues
>War Machine/Iron Patriot only lasted 5
Damn son.
>>
>>82470419
They want to keep King's goodwill in hopes that one day he'll decide to return to Marvel. Plus they don't want serious backlash like the one DC got for Omega Men and it might do gangbusters in trade sales, movie characters tend to have good sales in trade I think.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.