[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fables thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Fables122-Ruas-742x1024.jpg (214 KB, 742x1024) Image search: [Google]
Fables122-Ruas-742x1024.jpg
214 KB, 742x1024
Why does no one ever talk about fables here?
talk about your favorite fable, storyarch, whatever
>>
>>82466821
I liked the part with Bigs JUST BEAT THE FUCK OUTTA THAT PIG
>>
Eh for most people its kinda a mixed result.

If you read it from the start or enjoyed it as is you were a locked in fan.

However, if you saw the game by Telltale and expected more detective noire stuff, you would be disappointed if spy, shady politics or other such was a turn off, which for a select few is. Though they don't hate it.

And then there are those who see Bigby as a big Mary sue [which....isn't wrong? I mean all the characters ARE living embodiements of mary sues aren't they? From a legendary perspective.]

Jack of Fables seems to be the thing most people agree on as great.
>>
File: IMG_20160504_082235.jpg (136 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160504_082235.jpg
136 KB, 1024x576
Love Fables and the spin offs. I don't think I can pick a favorite arc but my least favorite Fables related work is probably the Werewolves of the Heartland or whatever it was called. Bill Willingham comes to Austin alot and Sturgess lives here so they do stuff at a local comic shop sometimes. When the last issue/trade came out they held a three day wake for Fables. Willingham and sturgess were there so was the VA for bigby. He wrote a little radio play style scene they performed and it was pretty fun. I have the script signed by everyone. Karen Berger was there too. Here's me with Willingham and bigby's VA
>>
As much as I love it, I will say the quality dips after the adversary stuff ends, but I think it finds its footing again towards the end of the Mister Dark stuff and the last arc I thought was really great. The way he used Boy Blue at the end was a nice touch. The end was great too. It was like a celebration of the strengths of the series as a whole.
>>
>>82466821
BECAUSE IT HAD A SHIT FUCKING ENDING, THEY MADE IT FOR FUCKING MONTHS TO GIVE THE BIGGEST COP OUT OF ALL TIME, FUCK FABLES AND THEIR BULLSHIT ENDING
>>
>>82467562
What did you want to happen?
>>
>>82467582
A fight between Red and Snow, all this build up for LOL NOPE, le happy ever after BS.
>>
shit was cash to, I think I've read almost all the other spin off shit, just not fairest and all of the jack shit.
>>
>>82467615
The fight would have never ended though at least that's what I figured. Who would you want to win? I liked the ending because it tied up loose ends but there's still room for more stories if he ever wanted to go back. Like how King Cole is the headmaster of a fucking magic school I could read more about that for sure.
>>
>>82466821

it's good but it can get DEPRESSING as fuck

the ending is ok I guess, when you realize Bigby and his whole family are demigods
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.