[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jason's death wasn't Bruce fault, .. Jason, disobeying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: toddbalcony3.jpg (593 KB, 870x1328) Image search: [Google]
toddbalcony3.jpg
593 KB, 870x1328
Jason's death wasn't Bruce fault, ..
Jason, disobeying direct orders from Batman, goes to a warehouse where he believes Joker is, and where his mother is, believing her to be in danger. His mother leaves the warehouse unharmed and approaches Jason. He talks to her, going to offer her help against the Joker, as Robin. His mother has Jason come with her inside the warehouse, telling him Joker is no longer inside. He follows her, but it turns out his mother had lied to him, and delivers him into the hands of the Joker. This is where the famous beating with the crowbar scene happens then, and then the building blows up (obviously without Joker inside), in fact as his last act he throws himself in front of the bomb hoping to shield his mother (after she had just betrayed him). And Batman fails to reach Jason in time to save him.

Over the years this has been said to be Jason's own fault by writers and editors, because Jason disobeyed Batman. Dennis O'Neil has even said that Jason "in a way, got what he was asking for."

So what do you all think? Was Jason's death his own fault?
>>
File: 1790011-crowbar.jpg (7 KB, 391x325) Image search: [Google]
1790011-crowbar.jpg
7 KB, 391x325
>>82461779
I blame the crowbar, Look how guilty it is.
>>
>>82461779
It's the fault of the DC management,they wanted Todd dead and made him unlikeable so that fans would too.DIAF is a gimmick story,anyone who's read it knows that.
>>
>>82461779
In universe the only person to blame is the Jason. He did it. Its his fault.
>>
Naa Its not his fault... almost every Robin has went against Batman's orders and almost died in the process, Todd is just the unlucky one.
>>
>>82461779
Jason Todd is blamed for his own demise .
>>
>>82461917
>almost every Robin has went against Batman's orders and almost died in the process

and that is always their fault
>>
Batman was foolish to have a child sidekick. He got lucky with Dick.
Jason was never fit to be Robin, Bruce was in the wrong for bringing him on.
>>
It's the callers' fault.
>>
Are we gonna have this thread or some variation on it every day now?
>>
>>82462574
The only right answer.
>>
it's joker's fault
>>
>>82461779
What the fuck is with these Jason Todd threads lately?
>>
>>82461779
It wasn't his fault, he was just a kid who wanted to save his mom and anyone would have done (even batman himself) the same thing if they were in his place.

The joker is the one who should be blamed and Batman share some of the blame because he was his guardian and should have known better and not leave Jason alone.
>>
You know, besides the gimmicky nature of the plot itself, DITF is one of my favorite Joker stories- he's got enough of a mix of Bronze Age crazy Joker with the still recent post-TKJ edgy Joker so as to be fun as shit to see go around murdering everyone without it getting tiresome (The subplot of Joker specifically needing cash was also fun, and I specially liked the idea of someone so down shit creek she ends up owing the Joker a favor- that should be explored more, sounds like a lot of interesting stories could come from that) . The reveal of him as Ambassador of Iran still cracks me up everytime I read it, it's so stupid yet written completely serious- like Joker's the only one to realize just how stupid the whole situation is and he's loving every minute of it.
>>
>>82464868
Yeah this, it's obviously the Joker's fault. Yes, Jason didn't listen to Bruce but that doesn't mean he somehow deserved to get beaten and blown up. It was incredibly shitty of DC to push that.
Only way you can get around it is if you literally treat the Joker as a natural disaster like an avalanche or something. And even then it wouldn't be Jason's fault.
>>
Jason's death, like Barbara's paralysis, is fucking irrelevant now.
>>
>>82467681
>Jason's death
>irrelevant
No, it's not. It will always play an important part of the Batman mythology.
>>
>>82461779
God damn Aparo was the bomb.
>>
>>82461779
It's Joker's fault for killing.

It's his mom's fault for betraying him.

It's his fault for disobeying Batman's orders.

And it's Batman's fault for giving him the skills and putting him in a position that allowed him to do all that shit in the first place.

Basically, plenty of fault to throw around in-universe.

Most of it is on his mom and the Joker though.

Out of the universe, the callers.
>>
>>82467462
So, treat the Joker how Batman treats him?
>>
>>82461889
What about the Joker?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.