[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do You Help Her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_14321-images(5)2116898144.jpg (10 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14321-images(5)2116898144.jpg
10 KB, 192x263
She comes to you and says "Let's go back in time and stop The Bendis' parents from meeting."

Do you help her, /co?

Would this be morally ok because no one gets hurt?
>>
Without hesitation
>>
Absolutely.
>>
>>82458482
Wouldn't that erase her, too? Thus negating the attempt to erase Bendis? And thus negating her non-creation?
>>
>>82459536
fuck I'd do it just to watch the paradox devour itself over and over
>>
I like Ultimate Spider-Man enough to put up with the rest of Bendis' shit existing. No.
>>
>>82458482
Sign me up. I dont even care if I get stuck in the past forever, I'll be the sacrifice
>>
>>82458482
It's morally wrong, he might be one of the biggest hack in the modern comic book industry but he doesn't deserve being erased from existence for that fact alone.
>>
I like to think that the next time she showed up Cyclops just blew her head clean off before she could be a huge bitch. Probably had one of his sentinels bury her in a ditch somewhere.
>>
I'd need to see the timeline that results from this first.

Honestly I'd rather him get rubbed out somewhere after Daredevil.

Was he ever doing Daredevil concurrently with Avengers?
>>
>>82458482
Why bother? In five to ten years she's going to show up with an ominous warning from the future and die in someone's arms. That's how characters like her always end.
>>
>>82458482
This is thing about time travel.
There's no way this can work.
It'd just create an infinite loop.
If you stop Bendis from being born then you'd have no reason for going back in the past and stopping him from being born cause he never existed and you never had an incentive of time travelling to begin with.
But that in itself means that Bendis does get to be born, therefore you go back in time and the entire cicle repeats forever.
You get me?
No matter what, the past can't be changed.
>>
File: Chuckcrazytalk1455971560773.jpg (95 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
Chuckcrazytalk1455971560773.jpg
95 KB, 600x401
>>82458482
Have you not learned by now that every "Morally questionable" thing Xavier does is megawrong?
Almost by definition.
He gets away with everything that the girl telepaths are accused of doing.
If she had grabbed the Stepford Cuckoos to do this hit we would not be questioning the inherent evil of this action.
>>
>>82458482
I'd sit her down and explain that time-travel in the Marvel Universe works on a multiversal model, where even if you can change "your" timeline, an identical you, in a universe that's identical up to that point, exists elsewhere, and because of the infinitely branching nature of the universe at every possible decision, the multiverse in fact contains infinite shades of you. Not mathematically infinite; literally infinite.

>but infinite means everything

No, it means a number which is so large that it's impossible to quantify. The difference is that mathematical infinity seeks to quantify it to make certain equations work; literal infinity doesn't have to mean an endless Youscape stretching off forever.

So the morality of it is actually trivial - and I think you meant ethically, which is different, but also trivial - because literally nothing she can do is anything but a selfish act.

>>82459536
Try explaining that to Bishop and Cable, they've been pulling this same bullshit for 30 years. Neither of them seems to understand it, even though they've both explained it in explicit terms to other people before now. Bishop even demonstrated a very advanced understanding of it when he pursued Hope and Cable into the future.
>>
>>82458482
I'd say no, but we can go back in time to when she still had the pixie cut.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.