[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Why is it so hated?
>>
>>82455464
It isn't. Not many people feel strongly about it either way.
>>
>>82455464
It's one of those movies that get better every time you watch it. Unfortunately most people have only seen it once.
>>
Like the ONLY thing it did wrong was relegate what should have been the coolest parts of the movie to a montage.

Other than that, it was solid.
>>
>>82455464
Get with the times grandpa. It's all about CW now.
>>
>>82455464

It isn't. It's the best phase-one film by far. Cap has pretty much been the highpoint of each wave of MCU films.
>>
Neckbeards who wanted a trilogy of Cap in gritty serious nazi killing WWII movies
>>
>>82455464
It's the best of the origin movies. At least for the most part. The first act and the ending are both the best of the MCU.

The only bit that falls flat is Bucky's 'death'.
>>
>>82455464
One of my favorites. I loved it.
>>
There are some people who were disappointed it wasn't Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers, guest starring Captain America.

Because having some eighteen year old kid trying to stuff his guts back into his stomach while screaming for his mother as Waffen SS steam roll through his buddies would have made for a great Marvel adventure.
>>
>>82455826
Second best and thats not including The Avengers
>>
If it had an extra 20 minutes, the movie could've been a lot more solid.
>>
>>82455826
Kind of quick to judge considering Civil War is the only phase three movie so far.

Unless you are just that certain Doctor Strange will be shit.
>>
>>82455464
it was alright but it was pretty clear that they were rushing it because they wanted to make the avengers
>>
>>82455761

This, that montage completely wrecked the movie's pacing and turned Hydra into a joke.
>>
>>82455761
This.
>>
>>82455464
First half is really REALLY strong but the last act is really rushed. They have so much fun making Steve into Cap and then when he's finally Captain America they just rush through his wartime adventures as quickly as possible to get to the Avengers. And the final action sequence is really flaccid.
>>
>>82455826
Iron Man says hi.
>>
>>82456012
I have hopes for Dr. Strange but i think it will be enjoyable in a different way, like Ant-Man, Thor or GotG. Ut will be cool but it won't be as big as Civil War.
>>
I liked it!
>>
File: yuck red skull.jpg (1 MB, 2416x2858) Image search: [Google]
yuck red skull.jpg
1 MB, 2416x2858
>>82455826
>better than iron man
nope
>>82455464
>>82455761
this. Red Skull doesnt do shit.
>>
>>82455464
The first two acts are very strong; the atmosphere is great, the development arc is well-done, and Chris Evans is pretty perfectly cast. Unfortunately, the third act has that Marvel movie problem where they dump all the cool development and just have the hero fight a big generic action scene for twenty minutes.
>>
I actually love this film. It had a tone and atmosphere I wished other MCU films had. Everything felt grand and larger than life. The only other MCU film that gave me that feeling was Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
File: PYMP PARTICULES SON.png (459 KB, 1221x702) Image search: [Google]
PYMP PARTICULES SON.png
459 KB, 1221x702
>>82458628
i liked ant-man vs yellow jacket.
>>
>>82456117
Hydra IS a joke.
>>
>>82456012
>Civil War is the only phase three movie so far.

No it isn't. Ant-Man started Phase 3.
>>
>>82458944
Ant-Man was phase two.

Source: My MCU phase two box set contains Ant-Man.
>>
File: Cap.png (1 MB, 1680x713) Image search: [Google]
Cap.png
1 MB, 1680x713
>>82455464
It's a well done movie
It's quite interesting for his "symbolic", given that it's happening at the time where comic books gained momentum with good old cap as the MC of the story.
Knowing that the character was actually made to promote war and give some moral support at the time. A nice colorful american propaganda tool to show kids, in a less terrifying way, the conflict that was happening in the world.

And so, these scenes where they use Steve to promote war bonds through live shows, posters, movies and even comic books, I found that so clever and well done.

First part, first half of it was great. And the rest was pretty good/solid.
>>
Action montage
>>
Very well made. Good direction, good acting, good editing. All that good stuff.
The problem is, while the story is pretty tight, it's not that interesting. It feels like something that just had to be made to get it out of the way.
>>
>>82455464
It's not, it's just that the third act kinda lets it down after a fucking stellar first and second act.

Still, it's one of my favorite superhero movies.

>>82455798
>being this butthurt
>>
File: TFA.jpg (90 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
TFA.jpg
90 KB, 1920x816
>action montage
>Cap starts doing stuff with ease which he never trained for. No explanation to his shield expertise
>Peggy didn't wear an itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini
>No fondue scene with Howard Stark and Peggy
>No Toretto calling Tommy Lee Jones out on never having his car
>Superman commits sudoku after killing Dr. Erskine, robbing us of a Cap vs Supes fight
>Cap doesn't immediately have to use the bathroom after waking up in the future
>>
>>82460700
>>Cap doesn't immediately have to use the bathroom after waking up in the future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YewcrxOQNvk
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.