[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War Book VS Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
So, now that a select few have seen Civil War before it releases in the states this week, does anyone have a SPOILER FREE recommendation whether it's better to read the book before going in? I've read it but my girlfriend is just getting into marvel and I don't know if it will improve or impede the experience.
>>
File: you move.jpg (127 KB, 1152x814) Image search: [Google]
you move.jpg
127 KB, 1152x814
>>82450669
why not see/read both?
the 2 stories are very different if that's what you're asking. There's 2 major aditional subplots that go past the Registration Act thing.

also, it's nice to get the references (there are a couple, both visual and script wise, like pic related), and it's an entertaing book overall
It's not a masterpiece, so you're not going to percieve the film as underwhelming either (it's actually better)
>>
>>82451290
btw it's a friendly spoiler pic, OP.
not from the movie, and you read the book so it's ok. just wanted to be playful about it
>>
>>82451290
Loved that they managed to work that speech into the movie.
>>
File: tumblr_njwa2kPQZb1u3ey7co1_500.jpg (103 KB, 480x538) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njwa2kPQZb1u3ey7co1_500.jpg
103 KB, 480x538
>>82451329
Thanks friendo
>>
>>82450669
this anon >>82451290
is right, the book and movie are much different. I think of it as two different takes on a similar concept. If I were you I'd do both and not sweat it.

The movie really is fantastic.
>>
>>82450669
Death of Captain America
>>
File: 1460894818892.gif (2 MB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1460894818892.gif
2 MB, 420x420
>>82452267
anytime
>>
>>82450669
It's interesting to see the many differences in how they handle the concept and the references to the original story if you're a comic fan but it's so different it really doesn't matter either way. Personally I feel the movie is a far more well executed version of the concept than the comic with the reasoning behind the events being far more solid and in-line with the MCU and it's versions of these characters.
>>
File: 1462039305542.gif (1 MB, 281x151) Image search: [Google]
1462039305542.gif
1 MB, 281x151
>>82452189
right????
and it didn't sound stupid!!
>>
>>82450669
Don't bother with the book, it's really bad, with Civil War 2 looking to be even worse. The movie executes the concept far better anyway, so I dont see any point in reading the comic outside of the Not Muh Civil War version.
>>
>>82450669
>does anyone have a SPOILER FREE recommendation whether it's better to read the book before going in?

They literally have nothing to do with each other

The movie uses the name and the base concept of superhero laws pushing superheros into conflict with each other. That's all.

The movie is also a hell of a lot better.
>>
File: Miriam Sharpe.jpg (27 KB, 730x307) Image search: [Google]
Miriam Sharpe.jpg
27 KB, 730x307
>>82450669
They blackfaced Miriam Sharpe.
>>
Well, the biggest difference will be that the book was fucking terrible, and the movie will be fine.
>>
>>82457400
Well.

Black lives matter.

Oh yeah: more black people died in this movie than in any previous MCU
>>
>>82453965
>can you move your seat up?
>no, you move
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.