[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Marvel will actually kill off Whor once Thor: Ragnarok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: cancer incarnated.jpg (441 KB, 800x1213) Image search: [Google]
cancer incarnated.jpg
441 KB, 800x1213
Do you think Marvel will actually kill off Whor once Thor: Ragnarok comes out or will they just magically remove her cancer and allow her to continue being an obsolete supporting character?
>>
They'll just have 2 Thors like they have 2 Caps. They set it up in Secret Wars. Ultimate Thor's hammer is in the 616 presently.

Can't let movie syngery interfere with virtue signaling.
>>
>>82449344
>>82449411
Marvel will introduce a new Whor in the comics and films simultaneously. probably a black Whor.
>>
Aaron's been building up to a heroic sacrifice for Jane. I'm worried the "Seeing the future" stuff in Civil War 2 will effect that but otherwise I think she's dying.

Hell kill her off in Ragnarok event and get a little movie synergy there

Odinson is still around somewhere
>>
>>82449344
They've already established in the comic itself that she's going to die by having King Thor reference the fact multiple times.

Whether or not it happens to coincide with Ragnarok will probably depend on how her sales are around then.

Either way, Thor Odinson is all but confirmed to be getting Ultimate Mjolnir, so we'll probably have two Thors running around before she inevitably dies.
>>
>>82449344
They'll just launch a Thor Thor book like they have two Captain Americas and two Spider-mans.
Then if her sales drop after he gets his book, then they might make her not Thor anymore.
>>
>>82449486
>two Captain Americas and two Spider-mans
There's actually three Captain Americas and three Spider-mans.
>>
>>82449507
are you counting Spider-Womans? who's the third Cap?
>>
>>82449521
Captain America 2099 and Spider-man 2099. Both of them are stuck in present 616, and both are still going by Captain America and Spider-man.
>>
>>82449535
As has always been the case, no one cares about 2099
>>
You know when this all started I was really hoping for a separate run of "Unworthy Thor". Thought it would be a cool idea for a run.

Instead he was literally forgotten about for months.

He had a good run during Axis though
>>
>>82449602
We haven't really gone that long without him if you don't count Secret Wars.

He kept getting featured in comics up until Secret Wars, including his death being one of the best moments in Hickvengers.

Then we had one arc of Mighty Thor without him, and now the current arc is a flashback to viking Thor. After that we're getting the Civil War II tie-in arc. I bet we'll be getting Thor Odinson back with Ultimate Mjolnir by the end of the year.
>>
File: OP_is_a_faggot.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
OP_is_a_faggot.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
>>82449344

Folks who typed out "Whor" and think "Yeah man, that'll stick it to those SJWers at Marvel!" are so pathetic. I don't even like the comic myself, but way to discredit whatever legit criticisms you might have with the comic right off the bat.
>>
What ever happened to Thunderstrike? They should bring that guy back
>>
>>82449507
>>82449535
In that case there's also two Spider-womans and a third one who doesn't call herself Spider woman
>>
>>82450230
>What ever happened to Thunderstrike?
Original died. A few years ago, they had his son become the new Thunderstrike, but he was quickly shunted off to limbo.
>>
>>82450175
Pretty much. I was really disappointed by the combination of uncompelling plot and strawman misogyny that cancelled out any positive message that might have come across, as well as the obvious fact that they turned the position of an actual Norse god into a heritable role like some costume.

Why do so many writers seem to think that having a female lead alone is enough to create a good story, and more importantly, why do tumblr feminists buy into it?
>>
>>82450175
Do you have a more succinct way to distinguish her from Thor?
>>
>>82450175
Wow with this much triggering I thought I was on tumblr for a second
>>
>>82450486
Jane
>>
>>82450765
doesn't have the same pizzazz

take it home, write up a new draft, and we'll reconvene in the morning
>>
>>82449411
>Ultimate Thor's hammer is in the 616 presently.
But Ultimate Thor's hammer wasn't magical any more
>>
>>82449411
>virtue signaling
Still selling 20k better than Aaron's manthor, m8
>>
>>82451168
Batteworld's Utlimate Mjolnir is magical in nature.
>>
>>82451199
>Batteworld's Utlimate
Thing's sure did get very complicated. This isn't even the same Battleworld's Ultimate featured in Ultimate End
>>
>>82449884
Avengers Thor with the hammer of unworthiness was pretty based
>>
>>82451168
God Doom gave it a worthiness enchantment. Now it basically functions the same as any other mjolnir, although presumably is powered by Beyonder-juice instead of Odin-force.
>>
>>82451358
Since it runs on Beyonder fuel is it more powerful than OG Mjolnir? also the actual look Thor is sporting makes me think Ultimate Mjolnir suits his appearence more over the original... althought I always loved how the Axehammer looks
>>
>>82451891
>Since it runs on Beyonder fuel is it more powerful than OG Mjolnir?
Unlikely since Doom wouldn't have wanted his police force to be TOO powerful incase they decided to rebel against him.

And yeah, giving him Ultimate Mjolnir means he gets to keep the axe-wielding look of Unworthy Thor while still having a mjolnir.
>>
>>82451188
You mean thor. Because that's his name. Because thor isn't a title. IT'S A NAME.
>>
>>82452029
well it's a woman's name now too then, and she sells better than the fella
>>
>>82452029
Yes, and while Jane uses Mjolnir, she adopts the name Thor.
>>
>>82452029
Tell that to Aaron
>>
>>82450765
We didn't know she was Jane for months.
>>
>>82452029
OMG!!! I've never heard of a gal that has a guy's name B4!

TE GENDER BOUNDARIES !!? What aboot the gender boundaries?!?

(LOL)
>>
>>82450765
Jhor would have been cool, but they decided to draw out a shitty mystery so Whor stuck
>>
>>82452989
>We didn't know she was Jane for months
>>
>>82450765
JANE?
>>
>>82450486
Ther, just like Thorse and Throg.
>>
>>82453231
But Anon, how does that express fear and hatred of women?
>>
>>82453231
That's a terrible name
It's lacing the 'or' bit which is pretty important as it's most distinct than "Th"
Granted, 'the' is an exceedingly common word and probably tips the scales all on its' own, but there ya go
>>
>>82450486
Thordis.
>>
>>82453718
How many "What If" stories has Marvel gone through with already?
>>
File: APR150715.jpg (27 KB, 387x600) Image search: [Google]
APR150715.jpg
27 KB, 387x600
>>82453662
Like with Thorog? ... Oh, waitaminute...
>>
>>82450175
Whor is easier to type out than nuThor or feThor or femThor
I honestly don't really read enough comics to care about feminism ruining the industry, but I had some strong opinions about why Jane was thor, mostly the terrible writing (like how she's killing herself on purpose instead of just getting a magic cure and how she's beating up Odin instead of solving problems)
I called her that because it was easier to refer to her that way
I doubt calling her Whor in the heman woman hater's club that is /co/ means much to the SJWs
>>
>>82453757
To be honest, this female Thor is turning out better than the What If did. I'll accept her suddenly being able to beat the ridiculously powerful Odin more easily than I will her sudden;y wanting to marry an old man who she not only just met, but is also the father of the man she was infatuated with.
>>
>>82449411
This, everyone seems to have forgotten that at the end of the Battleworld: Thors tie in, we watch Ultimate Thor toss his hammer just before reality imploded and Battleworld blew up. Then, as the new universe gets built we see his hammer punch into that reality and smash into Old Asguard. Someone is going to pick it up and become the Ultimate Thor, probably 616 Thor.
>>
>>82451223
Ultimate End is to be ignored, seriously. Bendis name on that should have been your first sign.
>>
I personally find it to be a question of equivalence in worthiness:
Once he returns and takes back the hammer that he is AS worthy of weilding from WHOR...
MAN-WHOR will once again engage in those brutal struggles against The Wrecker and the Wrecker's enchanted tool...
And then submit to his father Odin's loving discipline as the returned MAN-WHOR of Assguard...
As MAN-WHOR he will return to Midguard and rejoin with the men of the Avengers...
And of course, MAN-WHOR will be tricked into doing things he shouldn't be doing by his mischievous brother Loki (who isn't related by blood so it's not really a taboo)...
And the best part is that you'll never have to read any stories about any icky girls ever again. Right?
>>
>>82454437
You don't need to hyphenate.
>>
>>82450765
me tarzan
>>
>>82454437
>you'll never have to read any stories about any icky girls ever again
when will people stop pretending people who actually read the comic care about this
there are several problems with the setup and the character that aren't just "she's a girl now"
>>
as someone who gives zero fucks about thor, at least whor is a qt
>>
>>82454673
kind of hard to tell since she never takes off her stupid helmet
>>
>>82450175
I agree, but it's better than Thot. At least Whor has a basis in an actual word, instead of some lame forced rap lingo.
>>
>>82454657
And /co/'s had to endlessly hear them all...
but only one at a time because that goalpost just keeps moving.
What is it this time? She CAN'T be as strong as MAN-WHOR, because magic doesn't work like that? She's nothing AT ALL like who she was dismissively written away as decades ago: a perpetual hostage? By virtue of an undisclosed reason it's SO obvious to all people everywhere that she's unworthy? The writing isn't as GOOD as the churned-out masturbatory punchfest issues of the past? NOBODY likes mysteries and unanswered questions in their comics?
>>
>>82456932
YEAH! Take it WHOR! TAKE IT! TAKE IT TUMBLR WHOR! I NEED THIS! mommy, why didn't you love me? WHORE!! WHOR!! WHO!
>>
>>82457581
it was a shitty mystery that is now solved in the most eye-rolling of ways and yes, poorly written compared to the churned-out masturbatory punchfest issues of the past
>>
File: What2.png (251 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
What2.png
251 KB, 512x512
>>82457671
What?
>>
>>82454216
Or the fact that the last time Thor Odinson was shown in the comic, he's quite literally standing right in front of Ultimate Mjolnir?
>>
>>82456860
But anon, the helmet is what makes her a qt.
>>
>>82458187
she's a conehead with the helmet on
>>
>>82451188
No, its numbers have been dropping steadily and continue to do so.
>>
>>82457581

you sound like a buttblasted sjw that is angry nobody likes your genderbent fantasy.

and that is literally it. Nobody is going around attacking female characters that started as female if you notice. So don't be angry of fans that want what they want because it is different from what you want. Understand that. Character purity will always be a thing. Agendas are agendas and trying to defend them makes you partner to something many others despise.
>>
>>82457581
there are plenty of characters that started as men but passed the title to women that are both well-written and well-liked

JaneThor is just a poorly-written attention grab
>>
>>82450175
What the fuck is a folk
>>
>>82458434
I am. Carol is a terrible character and Monica should have stayed as the Ms/Captain Marvel Icon. The black chick was better as were the lesbian and muslim.

You know instead of replacing straight white males we should just replace all the straight white females.
>>
>>82459064
are you 12
>>
I'm going to make the pessimistic prediction being that Ragnarok will kill Thor and replace him with Whor like they're likely to do with Steve being replaced by Sam.
>>
>>82459180
>Steve being replaced by Sam
it's going to be BuckyCap

and even if Thor dies in Ragnarok, he'll just come back for Infinity War, and on top of that, Natalie Portman is done with the MCU so no Jane to be Thor
>>
They'll just magic or super science away the cancer. Then the internet will be outraged by Marvel making light of women's real world struggles with cancer.
>>
>>82460154
they're already outraged about that because Jane turned down the magic cancer cure already, and is now actively making the cancer worse because "lol I'm having fun"
>>
File: 1461117001161.jpg (734 KB, 1022x609) Image search: [Google]
1461117001161.jpg
734 KB, 1022x609
>>82449344
>Whor
>>
>>82460154
>>82460177
Are you seriously saying ON A "WHOR" THREAD that it's Marvel who hates on women here and the chans who have been taking a MORAL stance on behalf of women with cancer?
BY CLAIMING CANCER'S HER CHOICE.
>>
>>82460318
Well she had the choice to cure her cancer completely well before she picked up the hammer

but she didn't and now she's making it worse because turning into to Thor clears out the chemo

so yes, cancer is 100% her choice at this point
>>
>>82460387
She chose chemotherapy instead of hocus-pokus.
That's NOT "choosing to have cancer."

My dad died of lung cancer, during his last year alive there were people who told him to his face that he chose to die of cancer because he had smoked before getting sick.
They all thought they were on the moral highground too.
That shit happens all the time and not just with lung cancer.
You need to know what kind of people you're choosing to be like here. Because it's IRL too.
>>
>>82460761
she is actively erasing any benefit the chemo provides when she turns into Thor, as the transformation eradicates all outside toxins

she is fully aware of this but continues to do it

you would know this if you actually READ THE COMICS
>>
>>82460804
And that doesn't mean that she's not taking chemotherapy in the first place.
It kinda can't possibly by basic reasoning.

But hey, you're changing the argument again, the claim was that BEFORE she was taking up the hammer she had DECIDED to have cancer. THAT was the argument.
REMEMBER????
I'll read the comics, you start reading what you posted.
>>
File: NOW YOU HAVE FUCKED UP.jpg (10 KB, 170x276) Image search: [Google]
NOW YOU HAVE FUCKED UP.jpg
10 KB, 170x276
>>82461083
>admits you haven't read the comics
>continues trying to argue
>>
>>82459180
In a weird way, I'd almost prefer this than her inevitable death and multiple scenes of people she had no interaction with grieving over her.
>>
>>82461145
Didn't actually admit to NOT reading the comics, only said to read the comics in the future.
It's a common logical fallacy to believe such a statement is either/or, when no such thing had been stated.

AND speaking of bad logic: "continues to try to argue" didn't happen as of >>82461145 .
(that post was responded to directly and there was nothing else posted to be the subject of "continues to try to argue")
So that's kinda purely delusional on your part. ...and also irrelevant to the facts in dispute.
Seriously, read what you're about to post before you hit that button. You wouldn't look so idiotic if you did.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.