[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
show me your alignments for your fav /co/-related thing made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: king of the hill alignment.png (762 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
king of the hill alignment.png
762 KB, 1024x819
show me your alignments for your fav /co/-related thing

made this last night and admittedly probably not the best, especially for LN but I can try to explain my reasoning
>>
>>82447024
Gotta add relevant quotes under each of the alignments. What's the most Lawfully good thing Hank ever said in the series?
>>
Someone explain the alignments. Everyone feeds me different shit every time I ask.
>>
>>82447102
yeah I know, I got lazy, but I did find this one for Hank

“With the joys of responsibility comes the burden of obligation.”

My reasoning for Hank is he clearly has a set of standards that he very rarely detracts from. Normally this would put him in LN, but his underlying motives seem to be for altruism and goodness (his own definition of goodness of course). What comes to mind is that episode where he helped bring propane to the freezing people of Arlen when a sudden snow hit them, even after Buck had treated him with disrespect and put an inexperienced jackass in charge. He was close to quitting, but when he heard calls from the people he decided to come back and help.
>>
>>82447132
Instead of explaining each individually, it's more helpful to just describe the four terms.

Lawful people basically follows the laws and norms of society, usually the ones the individual was raised in.
Chaotic people follow their whims, laws and societal norms be damned.

Good people act in the interest of others, often placing them before the needs of others. This can range from a sweet grandmother to a superhero, it's pretty broad.
Evil people do not think or do not care how their actions impact others, they only care about their desires/goal. Again, can range from a corrupt official all the way up to despotic tyrant.

Then you've got neutral which doesn't really mean much on it's own but tends towards the middle of whatever spectrum it's applied to.
Neutral good people just do what's good given the situation, true neutral is hard to describe and can range from complete opportunist to penniless aesthetic, and neutral evil just does whatever it takes to get what they want.
>>
>>82447132

http://tvtropes.org/ has a pretty good explanation for each alignment, but here's a shortish version

Lawful implies obedience to some for of tenet, either being the actual law of the land or some personal code of honor

Neutral is a balance between Lawful and Chaos. They don't strictly adhere to a code, nor do they outright deny it. They do what they need to do.

Chaotic is associated with freedom or insanity depending on the morality of the person. They don't like living by the rule for whatever reason.

Good to Evil can be a little tricky depending on what universe you're working in but generally Good is related to altruism, kindness, etc. Neutral people can be charitable, but they tend to focus on their circle of friends and family. Evil people focus on themselves, usually defined by selfishness and cruelty.
>>
>>82447024
Luanne isn't particularly good. Bobby spends the vast majority of his episodes trying to help someone and is a better choice for neutral good. Bill would too.

John Redcorn's actions are entirely self-motivated. He's not a good person not really envisions himself to be.

Peggy is not lawful neutral. She doesn't give a damn about rules and regulations or norms of society. If anything, Hank would perfectly in that category maybe even better than lawful good because he loves living by the rules more than anything. Principal Moss is probably lawful neutral as well as far as his capacity of his position.

Boomhauer is probably a better choice for true neutral.

Dale is an excellent chaotic neutral.

Ted Wassonasong would probably be a better lawful evil for doing things like building a McMansion.

Buck Strickland is good for neutral evil.

Honestly Peggy is a better choice for chaotic evil when she pulls shit like ruining thanksgiving by stealing the turkey and abandoning her family because her son is a better cook than she is.
>>
>>82447560

You're probably right about Bobby and Principal Moss. The thing with Peggy is I've been rewatching a lot of KOTH with my SO because they've never seen it before and Peggy most of the time is being reasonable and normal. Even though I KNOW she can be a crazy cunt, it feels like in earlier seasons those are the rarer moments and not the norm.
>>
>>82447560
oh, and as for John Redcorn, I guess I figured the episode where he breaks it off with Nancy because he sees Dale as a good yet naive man was enough to put him in CG. He seems to not want to outright hurt people, he loved Nancy and genuinely cared about her and Joseph, but he gave her up eventually. Idk, no one else really fit CG anyway
>>
>>82447024

Hank and Redcorn are about to fight. Who wins?
>>
>>82447686
He didn't break it off with her. She broke it off with him. Nancy fell back in love with Dale and refused to give into Redcorn even if she did lose her hair from her stress.
>>
>>82447024
>john redcorn
>chaotic good
>good

I can agree with everything else but this....this....
>>
>>82447757

in the episode where she gets back together with Dale, she almost goes back to him at the end. Even Dale asks if Redcorn will go back to "healing his wife," but John says no because he thinks Dale is a good man.
>>
>>82447719

I don't think it's any question, Redcorn is clearly in better shape than Hank and could beat him down pretty quickly.
>>
File: NO SKINNY REDCORNS.png (100 KB, 338x386) Image search: [Google]
NO SKINNY REDCORNS.png
100 KB, 338x386
>>82447719
>>82447888
animators gotcha covered
>>
>>82448017
So Hank wins. If Redcorn says that charcoal is better than propane or suggests that Hank use anything butane he is going to get his ass kicked.
>>
>>82448017
>Hank Hill confirmed Hulk
I always knew it, I'm just glad Judge agrees.
>>
>>82448017

are there more of these somewhere?
>>
File: alignment american dad.png (583 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
alignment american dad.png
583 KB, 1024x819
>>82447024

Won't find quotes because I literally have things to do and a life.
>>
File: NO HIGH FIVES.png (75 KB, 257x384) Image search: [Google]
NO HIGH FIVES.png
75 KB, 257x384
>>82448203
http://imgur.com/a/PiJLk

animator's guide made around the middle of the series.

some of the things pointed out weren't really consistently followed before or after it was made, but the level of detail/realism the show has is kind of surprising and easy to take for granted
>>
>>82448334

yeah, their dedication to realism is pretty clear and really fascinating
>>
File: ohmisterhill.png (239 KB, 825x619) Image search: [Google]
ohmisterhill.png
239 KB, 825x619
would you /co/?
>>
>>82448222
those are all awful and wrong
>>
Divorce peggy, have luanne bear you many fine sons.

The problem was never hank's narrow urethra, it was peggy's poison womb.
>>
>>82448222
Stan? Lawful? You must be joking.
>>
>>82449566
>>82448884

The alignment system is rigid, ineffective and reduces personalities to easily digestible autism points.
>>
>>82447313
you probably meant ascetic, but nice write-up
>>
>>82447102
"Mowing the lawn is a privilege, not a punishment"
>>
>>82447024
The only two quotes that really hit me when I opened this image were "Okay" for Bobby and "I KILLED FIDDY MEN!" for Cotton.
>>
>>82448395
Damn, do you know where I can find the rest of these easily? I remember when they were dumped months back.
>>
>>82447024
>Cotton
>Chaotic Evil

Cotton is Chaotic good or Neutral. He's a crazy bastard, but does it for what he believes is the good of a nation he sacrificed for only to watch decline into a bunch of sissies.
>>
>>82447637
Yes, Peggy's character definitely became worse over time. I don't know if she was fully Flanderized, but she certainly became more of the butt of jokes in later season. In the first three seasons, she was more calm and somewhat logical in her approach.
>>
>>82451645
shit, just saw the earlier post: >>82448334

thanks anon
>>
File: Being evil is wordy.png (2 MB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
Being evil is wordy.png
2 MB, 2250x1800
Well that took a million years, thank God for wikiquote.
>>
>>82447132
>good=selfless and willing to sacrifice personal accomplishment for the good of others
>evil=selfish, putting yourself and those close to you above all else
>lawful-follows a code of laws or traditions of some sort
>chaotic-opposes a code of laws or traditions above following his/her own. Prefers personal choice and freedom above all else
>>
File: Being evil is wordy 2.0.png (2 MB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
Being evil is wordy 2.0.png
2 MB, 2250x1800
>>82454534
here's the v2.0 nobody asked for or wanted
>>
>>82451690

I don't really buy that he does it for "good," I think that's more his excuse to justify whatever crazy thing he feels like doing.
>>
>>82454534
>>82456172

>Schroeder Chaotic Evil

kek'd, but why?
>>
>>82447024
>chaotic good
He lies, cheats and adulterates with ill intent.
>lawful neutral
turkey
>true neutral
Why are friends fighting?
>lawful evil
They're gonna put it on our tanks!
>neutral evil
You all may have read the story of the Prodigal Son, but fellow Christians, I have lived it. I have strayed far and long from the path of the righteous. I have sinned, I have lied, I have fornicated on stolen antique furniture, but I will tell you this: the good Lord sets the most beautiful table for the son who has eaten from the most dumpsters.
>no bill
True neutral.
>>
>>82447024
LG Quote:When I grow up, I want to sell propane and propane accessories, if my grades are good enough!
NG Quote: I don't want to hurt anyone... I just want them to do the dishes.
CG Quote: (Asked if his people celebrates Thanksgiving)We did. Once.
LN Quote: Oh, honey, you are not trash just 'cause you grew up in a trailer and your mama's in prison.
TN Quote: Okay.
CN Quote: You don't know who I am, but I know where you live and you better cut it out if you know what's good for you. Oh, and Hank, we changed that tee-off time to 3:00.
LE Quote: Minh, come quick! It's finally happening! Bobby Hillbilly marrying hillbilly cousin. You owe me five dollars. In your face!
NE Quote: I like to hump, I like to eat, and I don't like to drive.
CE Quote: Bobby, I'm proud of what you did at school today....So I'm buyin' you a hooker! Go ahead pick yourself out a live one.
>>
>>82456268
It's only a matter of time until he plays Ode to Joy on the skulls of dead kids.
>>
>>82457092

these are good, thanks anon
>>
>>82456268
He's reclusive and self centered and gets incredibly angry if someone doesn't give beethoven or piano playing the respect he thinks they deserve.

I could put Snoopy there but he shows compasson too often, I don't think Shroeder's ever shown compassion to anyone or anything.
>>
>>82448334
>that little dog hank
>that bobbeh snek
>>
File: alignment.1347944945677.jpg (639 KB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
alignment.1347944945677.jpg
639 KB, 1280x1968
>>82447132
Then why ask instead of googling it?
>>
>>82451426
Damnit I did.
Why can't autocorrect fix all of my woes?
Thanks for the props, I stole all my knowledge from various D&D editions.
>>
>>82449566
Stan is literally a lawman.
>>
>>82447854
>in the episode where she gets back together with Dale, she almost goes back to him at the end. Even Dale asks if Redcorn will go back to "healing his wife," but John says no because he thinks Dale is a good man.

In that episode, Redcorn also shows that he's not as secure as he seems. He's hot, sure, but he's a grown man living in a trailer. He gets lots of tail, but that's mostly because women are into his whole exotic new age tribesman shtick. Boning them was basically his only validation, and even then, Nancy would treat him like secret- albiet an open one.

Dale helped him reclaim some of his ancestral homeland, treated him with genuine kindness, and returned to John Redcorn some measure of self respect.

Dale gave John what Nancy never could.
>>
>>82448222

I'd say that Roger is Chaotic Evil and Principal Lewis is Chaotic Neutral. Roger is actively malicious/psychopathic, while Principal Lewis can be an asshole is more just crazy in general.
>>
>>82458299
And how many laws does he break on a regular basis?
>>
>>82458460

are you saying Dale is a more sensitive lover than Nancy
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.