[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's fucking perfect. Finally, the best Peter and Spidey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: civil-war-spider-man-salute.jpg (12 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-spider-man-salute.jpg
12 KB, 620x349
He's fucking perfect.

Finally, the best Peter and Spidey yet.

Holland>>>>Garfield>>>>>>>>>>Maguire
>>
>>82443790
>Holland>>>>Garfield>>>>>>>>>>Maguire
yep, its /co/ntrarians season
>>
>>82443859
For Spidey he's right though, Garfield was a shitty Peter Parker, but a great Spiderman
>>
>>82443790
How was his voice? Was nerfed? Does he not feel like a Stark's Robin?

No spoilers, pleas
>>
File: ekooqoq,28.jpg (140 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
ekooqoq,28.jpg
140 KB, 500x373
>>82443790
Stop it with this spider baits, would you?
>>
>>82443859
I didn't like Tobey as Spidey or Peter at all, he was super whiny and was pretty lame. He was also the weakest Spidey on film yet.
>>
>>82443903
He sounds good, like a kid. Fits more than I actually expected. His whole demeanor works very well with the MCU. He really felt like the Spider-Man out of the comics to me.
>>
File: 1437793012032.jpg (17 KB, 206x229) Image search: [Google]
1437793012032.jpg
17 KB, 206x229
>>82443790
>Maguire worse than Garfield

Ill take nerdy Maguire Parker over hipster cool kid Garfield parker any day of the week.
>>
>>82443790
Truth.
He completely turned me around on the thought of seeing yet another fucking Spider-Man movie. That's Amazing.
>>
File: Spider-Man-romita.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-romita.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
I'm so happy they're doing a Romita style Spider-Man. This is the version I grew up with.
>>
>>82443886
>Sits on top of a giant truck carrying radioactive chemicals through a busy street and knocking police cars into the air so he can make bad jokes at the expense of the driver while dozens of lives are in danger and cops are literally being killed
>Good Spider-Man

It's like they knew Spider-Man had to make jokes, and that's about it.
>>
>>82445414
Are you 50?
>>
>>82443790
MCU Spiderman had the best origin story.
>>
>>82445451
His mask was better too, and the jokes thing is a pretty fucking big part to fuck up as bad as they did in the first films.
>>
I will never understand why people rate Maguire's Spider-Man so highly.

>Doesn't quip
>Shit voice
>Looks 30
>Plays Peter like an autist
>Like a nerd from the 60s as opposed to a realistic depiction of one
>Cries all the time like a little bitch
>Potato face and body
>Everything that happened in Spider-Man 3

What the fuck do you guys like so much about him
>>
>>82445484
Nah, just grew up reading old 70's spidey books that I could get from the LCS bargain bin for like 5 for a dollar.
>>
>>82445580
>Doc Ocks throws a sack of coins at him
>Webswings it back at Ock
>"Here's your change"

The quips were there, but weren't as prevalent because Raimi prefers physical comedy, of which there were tons.
>>
>>82443790
>Finally, the best Peter and Spidey yet.
This is a meaningless statement
>>
Reminder that Maguire posters are either shills or delusional and should be left to their own devices.
>>
>>82445621

>one quip across the three movies
>physical comedy, which has nothing to do with his actual portrayal of Spider-Man

I ask again -- why is he rated so highly? Is it nostalgia? Is it stockholm syndrome? What?
>>
>>82443790
Tobey felt like a good Peter
Garfield felt like a good spider-man

Holland seems to do both well, I hope they keep this up in the standalone film

I did find some of Holland's lines as spidey bit cringy though
>>
>>82443790
Fuck you.
Holland>> maguire>>>>>>>>>>>andrew garfield
>>
Was the bit where he pulls his mask off in the airport after BTFO'ing giANT-man CGI? It's really hard to tell if they actually made a physical spider-man suit for him
>>
>>82445580
>>Doesn't quip
did you watch any of the raimi movies
he does fucking constantly, the complaint people have is his delivery is shaky and awkward
>>
>>82445800
>"That's a cute outfit"

problematic tbqh
>>
>>82445800
>It's you who's out Gobby! Out of your MIND!
Does NOT count as a quip. His "retorts" were cringy and fell flat 100% of the time save for his Bonesaw fight.
>>
>>82445222

>nerdy

see: autistic
>>
He's good but Ant-Man stole the fucking show. Would love to see the two of them team up at some point.
>>
>>82445759
>I did find some of Holland's lines as spidey bit cringy though
Can't blame him much, he's an excited 15 year old nerd fighting against and alongside the world's top superheroes. If it were me I would've sperged out a lot worse and probably kill myself later.
>>
>>82445979
I was surprised too by the fact that Ant-Man was funnier than Spidey. I honestly didnĀ“t see that coming. Then again, the audience reaction to them was pretty similar; every time they said a joke it hit bullseye.
>>
>>82445222
Maguire doesn't do anything to demonstrate his intelligence besides POINT TWO THREE ELECTRON VOLTS. Garfield at least makes the webshooters.
>>
>>82445580
>Like a nerd from the 60s
YOU DON'T SAY
>>
>>82443903
He was not that nerfed some people complain about he been surprise by some attacks but aside from that he fight really well against the other even some friends use to thinks until this movie spiderman was weak
>>
>>82445484
>>82445414

No, but I grew up with Animated, and this is an almost perfect blend of the two.
>>
>>82443903
His voice is like that of a 15yo late bloomer.
Not exactly nerfed, more like seriously inexperienced and definitely suffering from ADD/ADHD.
Kind of a Robin to Tony, but he was fanboying over Cap too.
>>
>>82443790
So a CGI doll is better Spider-man than who?

Because we didnt see shit yet from this Spider-man other than jumping and punching the same exact way he did in the previous movies.
>>
>>82446574
Nah, he was just amazed at everything that was happening
>>
>>82446384

Keep it in your pants, oldfag. Classic Peter is completely at odds with any modern setting.
>>
>>82446583
Please go watch the movie before posting

>>82446598
Good point
>>
>>82445666
Because quips might enhance a good movie, but wont turn a bad movie into a good one. Raimi made good films. TASM is capeshit, homecoming will probably follow.

I just remembered another quip

Who made you that costume? Your aids-faggot boywhore? or something like that
>>
>>82446622
I did. 10 minutes of sm is just a cgi doll jumping around.

The other 2 minutes on his house almost rehashing McGuire acting.
>>
>>82446299
Well Paul Rudd is a considerably more experienced comedic actor
>>
>>82443924
>he was super whiny and was pretty lame
Peter is supposed to be a NEEERRRRD
>He was also the weakest Spidey on film yet.
MUH POWER LEVELS
God, you comic book fags are the worst.
>>
Final viral bullshit videos before the movie comes out for amerifags
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgGY_snj-I
minor movie spoilers in this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Wou74TE7A
>>
>>82446384
Peter didn't act anything like Tobey in the comics.
>>
>>82446496
> some friends use to thinks until this movie spiderman was weak

Did they not watch Spiderman 2 or something?
>>
File: 1.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>we will never have a Todd McFarlane/PS1 story Spiderman film that doesn't take itself too seriously
>>
>>82443886
What I liked about Garfield's Peter was that he became more confident in ASM2. Compare his body language from the ASM high school scenes to his graduation scene. Just wished we could have got more Peter Parker screentime outside of the parents and Harry plots. He's in college but we didn't get to see any of his college life. The fault here lies in the writing, I'm sure Garfield could have pulled off a great adult Peter if he had the chance.

Tobey on the other hand just portrayed an awkard Peter for three movies, the writing was just better (in the first two). I loved the Parker Luck scenarios in SM2 but I got annoyed that cocky and confident Spider-Man in SM3 was considered a negative trait by the narrative and some characters. Spider-Man should have been like that all along, minus his douchebag attitude towards MJ in that film.

I think it's too soon to say Holland is the best after <15 minutes of screen time, but I'm sure he's going to nail it in his solo.
>>
>>82443903
Sounds like a teenager, energetic, drops some funnies, etc he was pretty great on both parts as far as I'm concerned.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.