[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Batman didn't let Punisher kill the Joker.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14
File: batmanpunisher19.jpg (425 KB, 754x1200) Image search: [Google]
batmanpunisher19.jpg
425 KB, 754x1200
Reminder that Batman didn't let Punisher kill the Joker.

I get his no kill rule (I cannot kill because I won't stop), but why not let Castle do it?
>>
>>82443227
>but why not let Castle do it?

I know americans have a problem with this but: killing people is wrong. And a good guy stops all murder from happening.
>>
>>82443307

> killing people is wrong

Even when is the guy who escapes prison every week?

> And a good guy stops all murder from happening.

Which isn't working, since even with Batman best efforts the Joker keeps killing a lot of people.
>>
>>82443365
>Even when is the guy who escapes prison every week?
Yes.

If you argue that Barman should kill the joker is the same as saying Why superheroes dont kill the president of the united states.

Batman isnt a judge and jury, he stops evil, he doesnt punish it and has no right to enforce his judgement on others.

If anything not killing Hal Jordan is a biggest problem than Joker.
>>
>>82443227
He's trying to save the Punisher from that fate too. He knows that if the Punisher kills he won't be able to stop.
>>
>>82443459

But I am not arguing why the Batman doesn't kill the Joker: Batman justified this by saying if he does it he won't stop.

I am questioning why stop Castle from doing it. That would solve the problem of the Joker rampages... and the Batman has already let crooks die by their own devices. He isn't like Superman who has a 'save everyone' rule.
>>
>>82443227
He actually stabbed Jason in the neck to stop him killing the Joker, and once got him removed from death row because it was for a crime he didn't commit. He takes the no kill to ridiculous extremes.
>>
>>82443307
> killing people is wrong
> But it's okay if a bad guy does it
>>
File: 1462067111323.gif (2 MB, 200x172) Image search: [Google]
1462067111323.gif
2 MB, 200x172
>>82443728
>>
>>82443786

What the hell
>>
>>82443864
Two wrongs don't make a right.
>>
>>82443752
>He isn't like Superman who has a 'save everyone' rule.

What?
What are you talking about? if anything Batman is way harder on himself than superman.
>>
>>82443864
Who said that?
>>
>>82444007

Not him, but killing isn't wrong when it's to protect the lives of the innocent.

The fact is that you cannot restrain the Joker. But if you have an idea to stop him without death, please be my guest and say it.
>>
>>82443307
There's nothing inherently wrong with killing someone, it depends on who you're killing and why.
>>
>>82444195

Batman already let villains die when he could have saved them. Which I cannot remember Superman doing.
>>
>>82444223
>Not him, but killing isn't wrong when it's to protect the lives of the innocent.

And he can stop him without killing him, that'0s why a cop killing the joker in a raid is not a bad thing but batman killing is bad.

You are a dense fuck. Why doesnt superman kill luthor when luthor has killed mored people than Joker? Why do they let the president of the unites state live if he has killed more people than the joker? Why let Hal jordan and Barry allen live when they commited Genocide
>>
>>82444264
>Batman already let villains die when he could have saved them

He doesnt.

>>82444241

This is the kind of talk i expect from underage kids from country were the death penalty is still a thing.
>>
>>82444292
> And he can stop him without killing him, that'0s why a cop killing the joker in a raid is not a bad thing but batman killing is bad.

Which isn't the point of the thread, the point being that Batman STOPPED other people from eliminating him. While he could never STOP the Joker from killing others.
>>
>>82444355

> He doesn't.
> 5 sec google later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJCxgt7Qb6k
>>
>>82444355
I'm in my thirties and from a European country with no death penalty.

Explain why it would be wrong for me to shoot a home invader for example. Let's also say that I have a wife and children in the house.
>>
File: nice try azbats.jpg (472 KB, 650x999) Image search: [Google]
nice try azbats.jpg
472 KB, 650x999
Chuck Dixon, despite being a gay-hating capital punishment-supporting conservative, had a massive hard-on for Batman saving the Joker's life. It happened here and also
>Devil's Advocate
>Legends of the Dark Knight 145 (Bats brings him back to life with a Lazarus Pit)
>Last Laugh #6 (Bats performs mouth to mouth on him after Nightwing beats him to death; yeah it doesn't work that way, it still happened)
Guy loves his Joker, guy loves Batman saving his life.
>>
File: smile.gif (2 MB, 322x179) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
2 MB, 322x179
>>82443728
>>
>>82444410
>Explain why it would be wrong for me to shoot a home invader

There's nothing wrong with that, now, if you can lift a ton, know 127 martial arts, can deflect bullets with your arms, movers faster than the eye can see, and can avoid machinegun fire at point black. Yeah is wrong since you don't need to do that. If you think bruce wayne should open fire on anyone trying to steal jewels from his house you have a serious problem.
>>82444407
kek, retard
>>
>>82444500
That's because Chuck Dixon understands that writing the exact thing you would do in that situation because of your beliefs isn't always the best thing for the story.
>>
>>82444598
Then killing people isn't wrong in real life, but only in comics books where the hero doesn't have to kill anyone because he's so powerful?

Ok, so why should Batman not kill the Joker if he inevitably keeps escaping and killing people? By not killing the Joker even though he could, he might as well have kill the Joker's victims himself. He allows the Joker to kill them.
>>
>>82444705
I know you are a pretty sad autist, but you still fail to explain why superman doesnt kill barry allen or hal jordan or why batman doesnt kill obama
>>
>>82444758

> Obama

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>82444822
Omaba has a bigger kill count than most supervillians, why doesnt batman kill him?
>>
>>82443227
Because batman is in love with the joker
>>
>>82444758
I never said anything about those characters/people.

You seem to be avoiding my question.
>>
>>82443365
If batman killed the joker, the joker would just start coming back from the dead every week
Fans demand the joker
>>
>>82444855

Which 'murders' has Obama commited?
>>
>>82444883
Actually you are the one putting that question on the table.

Answer it. why doesnt superman kill Hal Jordan?
>>
File: 1396079953375.jpg (331 KB, 971x1512) Image search: [Google]
1396079953375.jpg
331 KB, 971x1512
>>
>>82444904

True, but that's a meta answer. It would however prove that the gods hates Gotham.
>>
>>82444934
Again, I never said anything about Hal Jordan.

You can't explain why the Batman shouldn't kill the Joker. We're done here.
>>
>>82444292
Batman regularly stops cops from killing Joker in a raid.
>>
>>82443786
>and once got him removed from death row because it was for a crime he didn't commit
Please tell me you are joking?
>>
File: batman is a fan of the police.png (2 MB, 786x1188) Image search: [Google]
batman is a fan of the police.png
2 MB, 786x1188
>>82445146
From Devil's Advocate, mentioned earlier.
>>
>>82444925
Not that anon. Taking into consideration the fact that drones only kill what is an acceptable target 1/7 of the time(when they manage toactually kill at least one person) that leaves 6/7 times a drone bombing killed innocent targets instead by accident of which there could be and generally are multiple dead as collateral damage.
Then dissecting the 1/7 that actually hit even further you notice that there's a tendency to label the person as not being collateral damage if they were an adult male or simply because from what they could tell the person was the right height.
GW bush is a better target for that though. Millions of people dead so that he and his freinds could make some profit. And if random non-American lives don't count then simply consider all the American soldiers dead because of wars that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
>>
>>82445217
And with that math you get at least 14,000. Just by not taking control of the country superman is inderectly killing that people die under the logic of OP.
>>
>>82443307
>tfw American and conflicted on the death penalty because on the one hand I have no problem with criminals being killed but on the other I don't like giving the government any power.

If only we could just let private citizens shoot people. Also conflicted about abortions because I think killing the babies of minorities and sluts is fine but I don't think women should have the right to chose. Like if only men chose if the babies were aborted or not it would be cool
>>
>>82444966
The fans/writers are the gods and we do hate gotham
>>
>>82445298
Don't lie. President Superman would be great and everyone would vote for him anyway.
>>
>>82445213
Batman is seriously messed up.
>>
Why are Batman and Green Arrow such anti gun faggots? There are literally killer gangs and super villians. Shouldn't people have the right to protect themselves?
>>
>>82445343
Superman can be elected president. Since he wasnt born in America
>>
>>82443227
Batmans slippery slope is bullshit anyways. Are we really supposed to believe he has so little self control that as soon as he kills the joker he won't be able to keep himself from killing every villain?
>>
File: Citizen of all nations.jpg (171 KB, 552x429) Image search: [Google]
Citizen of all nations.jpg
171 KB, 552x429
>>82445386
That depends on the continuity and neither was the first batch of presidents.
The constitution can be amended as well so it's not like that's not a solvable problem.
>>82445351
>Why does Batman hate guns when he saw his parents shot to death and bleeding out as a child?
>>
>>82445394
The question is, why shouldn't he? If he kills Joker, shouldn't he kill Two-Face? Or Zsasz? Penguin?
>>
>>82445394

If you kill the guy with a death count of 10,000 why dont you go for the guy with 9,000? Why would you let Lex live if he has killed more? why kill a psyco?? etc
>>
>>82445507
>The constitution can be amended

Not for an alien.
>>
>>82445581
In which case he time travels to 1776 and becomes a legal immigrant before traveling forward in time to abuse the loophole in that law.
>>
>>82444665
Exactly why I wouldn't trust seventy percent of /co/ to write a Batman story.
>>
>>82445394
>Batmans slippery slope is bullshit anyways. Are we really supposed to believe he has so little self control that as soon as he kills the joker he won't be able to keep himself from killing every villain?
In an alternate universe where he killed Joker after Joker killed Jason Todd, he went and killed every other supervillain in the world.
>>
There is nothing wrong with killing villains. Give the victims families closure. If you disagree you're a villain yourself.
>>
>>82443752
Because the Joker is a highly marketable character who thus can't be allowed to actually die, idiot. That's the only reason there has ever been, everything else is just trying to pull explanations out of your ass for editorial demands.
Even if Batman shot the Joker in the face, cut him into pieces, put the pieces in boxes and then had the boxes thrown into the fucking SUN he wouldn't stay dead you know. He'd just come right back, and it would revealed to have been a clone or a double or hypnosis or a scheme by another villain.

Batman literally CAN'T kill the Joker because his power is being a valuable intellectual property that is extremely recognizable as a villain in the Batman franchise.
>>
>>82443307
>I know americans have a problem with this but: killing people is wrong.

It might be wrong but it's less wrong than letting the Joker go around killing people in the triple digits.
>>
>>82443227
Because the Joker is a valuable IP and thus useful for increasing sales revenue in comic books.

No other reason.
>>
>>82443227
Ask the writer
>>
>>82443786
>He takes the no killing Joker to extremes
Supes was right, Batman loves his psycho boyfriend.
>>
>>82443227

>HE LITERALLY LET A MASS-MURDERING PSYCHOPATH WHO HAS KILLED MANY OF HIS LOVED ONES AND WILL KILL MANY MORE RUN FREE

why do people like this character
>>
>>82445507
You need 36 states. Come and take faggot
>>
>>82443227
because it's a fucking crossover event
If you think anything would happen in one of those comics you are retarded, or american
>>
>>82446413
Because he can beat up anybody even though he's still human, and he doesn't take any shit.
>>
File: images-1.png (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images-1.png
7 KB, 225x225
>>82443728
Anon....
>>
>>82444500
that's because Dixon hated Batman and wanted to promote Dick
that's why he turned Batman into the biggest asshole around
>>
>>82444500
>Bats brings him back to life with a Lazarus Pit
Why? Just why?
>>
>>82446933
You could try reading the comic
>>
>>82443307
Just let yourself get raped by refugees. It's wrong for HEROES to kill people because they have a lot of power. If, say, Alfred were to use his shotgun to defend himself from an intruder while Batman was away, I'm sure he would be okay with it.
>>
There's really no justification for it and I wish writers would avoid stupid shit like this because it doesn't make sense.

Joker doesn't get killed because writers want to use him in future storylines. That is all. Otherwise even another villain would have taken him out by now.
>>
>>82443365
make the prison not shit instead of killing anyone that tries to escape.
>>
I feel like that would be a job for the courts, but the DC universe either has
>The greatest defense attorneys ever
>The worst judges ever
I feel like killing a bunch of people, getting put into an asylum, then escaping and killing more is grounds for the death penalty, or at least x amount of consecutive life sentences without chance of release.
>>
I think Batman would be fine with Joker being killed by the law, but the Punisher is not the law
>>
>>82443227
he's not deadevil
>>
File: 1459918368315s.jpg (3 KB, 124x94) Image search: [Google]
1459918368315s.jpg
3 KB, 124x94
>>82443227
batman is secretly in love with the joker
>>
>>82445386
Depends on the origin. If it's the birthing matrix then he could. In other versions he is generally a foundling that counts as a citizen but I don't know if he could run.
>>
File: 1399220970841.jpg (44 KB, 576x448) Image search: [Google]
1399220970841.jpg
44 KB, 576x448
>>82443227
1. It would be harder to create new villains to replace the initial rogue gallery if Batman wasn't beholden to his no kill rule. Also some CCA fuckery.

2. Letting Punisher murder Joker is still Batman killing Joker by proxy for not intervening. It can also be abused in Bruce's favor as a loophole to weasel out of his sworn creed. Either way is retarded.

>"I won't kill the Joker, Punisher. If I kill, I won't stop."
>"Don't worry about it then. I'll do it for you."
>"Okay....btw there's this Zsaz guy..."
>>
>>82443227
This is pretty gross
In the time batman spends here fighting the punisher, joker probably kills four or five more people
>>
>>82447050
Gotham is in New Jersey which doesn't have the death penalty, but he would break out before they manged to kill him even if he was sentenced to death so either way it doesn't matter.
>>
File: Dredd.jpg (211 KB, 552x778) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg
211 KB, 552x778
>>82447066
>I think Batman would be fine with Joker being killed by the law, but the Punisher is not the law

Leave this creep to me, Batman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVFi6qkPHE
>>
>>82446835

That's not a good answer. If the author wanted he could put the Joker escaping for example.
>>
>>82445609
I know, right? Or at least, I would ask them to consider that if they were really going to write Batman as their self-insert, then he should not live in a cave under the house with a powerful computer, just a basement under the house with a ramshackle computer. And he shouldn't fight crimes, he should play Dark Souls.
>>
>>82447136
If any killer in real life had jokers quintuple digit body count, either the state he was in or the federal government would figure out a way to kill him
Of course in real life the joker wouldn't hit quintuple digits because he would be sent to jail, then he would stay in jail, and not escape ever from jail
>>
>>82447163
There's better ways to craft the story, but they probably wouldn't write that because it makes both heroes look incompetent in the end rather than just a morality clash.
>>
>>82444665
But batman saving the joker is a shitty story
>>
>>82446867
This makes sense and owns
>>
>>82447007
> make the prison not shit instead of killing anyone that tries to escape.

Which prison you believe could hold the Joker? Alcatraz? Guantanamo?
>>
>>82447195
And the DCU government itself has enough scifi shit that they should be able to handle it even if you only look at Gotham and pretend like they couldn't ship something in from elsewhere. It just doesn't make sense and dwelling on it from any real angle is a foolish endeavor. In the end, you turn off your brain and read the Joker stories or you don't.
>>
>>82447222
this
people can complain about Snyder all they want but him having Bruce keep the joker still while an entire cave collapsed on them was great and perfectly in character

leaving the city to the batfamily and going down killing the joker
>>
>>82446835

But that seems like the best place to do it, seeing as how it's an AU (unless it was one of those "the main universes have started colliding" things).
>>
>>82447336
>(unless it was one of those "the main universes have started colliding" things).

Did that happen outside of JLA/Avengers?
>>
File: UltimateComicsUltimates_16_.jpg (105 KB, 572x324) Image search: [Google]
UltimateComicsUltimates_16_.jpg
105 KB, 572x324
How would you feel if Ultimate Cap became president, Nuke became his vice, Frank became the Secretary of Defense and Moon Knight became Secretary of Health and Human Services
>>
>>82447136
Hence why I said "or at least consecutive life sentences". Also, they have that super villain super jail in Louisiana
>>
>>82447336
no because the mentality behind those crossovers is that at the end of the day is like nothing happened while still happening in the "main continuity"
>>
>>82447353

Yeah, in things like the Access mini and X-O Manowar/Iron Man.

I think there's more listed in the notes section here - http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/earthcrossoverall.htm
>>
>>82444500
>despite being a gay-hating
This needs to stop, he isn't homophobic.
https://youtu.be/BJIddjOHuCM
>>
>>82444665
Why would anyone bother themselves to save a serial killer like the joker?
>>
>>82448168
He loathes homosexuality in comics though, he wrote an article that was published in the Wall Street Journal about how the Comics Code Authority needs to come back so they could keep all this gay propaganda away from children. Despite being a pretty good writer, this got him blacklisted from the industry.
>>
>>82443786
>>82445213
Don't post shit out of context, faggot. All he did was find the real killer. Batman didn't even turn the guy in
>>
>>82448521
>keep all this gay propaganda away from children
I'm with him in this.
>>
>>82447071
>secretly
>>
File: CD.png (236 KB, 1300x1095) Image search: [Google]
CD.png
236 KB, 1300x1095
>>82448521

An Anon in a previous thread got through the paywall or whatever a copypasted it.
>>
File: z5u7OzB.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
z5u7OzB.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82443227
Why did Batman save the Joker, but not these ducks?
>>
>>82449312
And people say the Punisher's never misses and hits innocents.
>>
>>82449381
>Those ducks
>innocent
Next you'll tell me the sheep didn't have it coming either.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.