[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://micechat.com/125382-disneyla nd-guardians-of-the-towe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18
File: 25333712523_3775c99f32_b.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
25333712523_3775c99f32_b.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
http://micechat.com/125382-disneyland-guardians-of-the-tower/

It's happening

>Elsewhere in DCA, a wild rumor got out earlier this spring about a plan to remake Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. We can tell you that the Guardians of the Galaxy rumor is true, and TDA’s executive suite was furious when the rumor leaked out from Glendale-based sources. The plan is for the original Twilight Zone backstory to be removed entirely, and replaced with an all new show based around the Collector character from the Guardians movie franchise. WDI had been testing and experimenting with the new show in the elevators for months and the Tower of Terror hourly CM’s were all aware of what WDI had been cooking up since this winter. But when the plan finally leaked online in April, the TDA executive suite hit the roof in anger.

>And what does an angry executive team do in this modern age when a juicy rumor, that just happens to be true, leaks online? They issue Talking Points, of course! TDA’s Cast Communications team was instructed to send out vague and pointless “Talking Points” to the CM’s that instructed them to not believe everything they see online until it is confirmed by the Disney Parks Blog. Except many hourly CM’s who work the Tower of Terror attraction and its gift shop had known about this evolving plan for months prior to its online leak, as Imagineers and TDA executives spent plenty of early mornings and late nights inside the ride building testing out the new show proposals in the elevators and tinkering around the pre-show hallways and queue.
>>
>The current plan for Tower of Terror is to close the attraction this fall and give the entire building a full interior and exterior refurbishment so that the new version of the ride can open next May, with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie premiere held at DCA the same week the new ride opens. Assuming this gets the green light by August, and a disastrous Shanghai opening summer is about the only thing that could derail it at this point, the CM’s will be treated to another round of approved Talking Points that will somehow explain that they can now believe what they read online about Guardians of the Galaxy taking over Tower of Terror. The hourly CM’s, of course, are already several steps ahead of TDA.

>This Tower of Terror proposal is part of a multi-year plan to get more Marvel into DCA, being pushed heavily by Bob Chapek. Since Chapek arrived a year ago as the new Parks Chairman, he’s been shocked to learn that after five years of owning Marvel there still isn’t a new Marvel ride in the California parks, and that the only thing TDA has done with Marvel is slap together some cheap meet n’ greets over the years. The plan now is to adjust the Marvel mega-coaster from its original spot in the Timon parking lot to fit into the northern end of Hollywood where Stage 17, Monsters Inc., and the unused Stage 12 buildings are. This would save Timon for future DCA expansion, and better use the under-utilized space on the opposite side of Hollywood Land.
>>
>>82441870
>That corner of Hollywood Land has always been an unloved and unfortunate looking space that has gone through a series of inexpensive and temporary overlays for dance parties and corporate events. Back in 2012 the plan was to remake that area as a Monsters Inc. themed Monstropolis area, with the inclusion of a family friendly Door Coaster that used the famous door scene from Monsters Inc. as its main show element. Height test balloons were even seen hovering over the land and TDA was nearly ready to give the project the green light before they got cold feet over the mild thrills planned for the coaster. It was at that time that WDI blue sky ideas were being cooked up for the newly acquired Marvel properties, and a much more thrilling and intense mega-coaster was pitched for DCA, to be placed behind Tower of Terror.

>The trend with WDI now is fully immersive lands or mini-lands dedicated to one specific IP, and the Marvel mega-coaster will bring along with it a Marvel mini-land based in old Hollywood. The Monsters Inc. dark ride would go to Yesterland, although the dark ride facility may be re-purposed yet again with a Marvel theme if WDI can engineer the coaster around that building using all of the existing backstage area and demolishing support buildings as well as Stage 17 and Stage 12 that now surround Monster Inc.

>MuppetVision has gone off to Yesterland, as TDA’s long term planning calendar keeps the new Sunset Showcase Theater as the location for most movie previews for years to come. Although Moana is slated to use the Bugs theater this fall for its preview, the Sunset Showcase will remain as DCA’s main flex theater. The Shanghai budget cuts have prevented TDA from spending the money to redo the queue and lobby from its Frozen theme, so for now audiences will enter through the exit doors only. By Fiscal 2017 the formal lobby of Sunset Showcase Theater should get a remodel to replace the Frozen theme.
>>
>>82441855
I don't like that decision.
>>
>>82442032
It's a very stupid decision. Bob Chapek was part of Consumer Products and apparently one of the guys behind the whole Disney Vault concept. He just doesn't get how fucking theme parks work.
>>
>>82442032
No one does except higher ups, but it's not exactly a terrible idea either. More Marvel makes sense, but we shouldn't gut other rides in favor of it.

It's the Universal Studios plan. Remember the ET ride? No? Just me?
>>
>>82442128
ET's still in Florida.
>>
But the Tower of Terror is a fucking classic

You have the fucking awesome effect where you feel like you're moving forward and then BAM you're about to drop HOLD ON FAGGOT HAHAHAHAHAH!

And you also got the creepy AWESOME door attendants who are TRAINED to smile and stare at you in a REALLY FUCKING SCARY manner

You're gonna take THAT and turn it into DUDE DANCE OFF BRO LMAO
>>
So long as Disneyworld still has the Tower of Terror I don't care

Get cucked Disneyland
>>
>>82441855
>Twilight Zone backstory
I thought the backstory was some 1800's explore cursed tiki thing.
>>
>>82442166
Not to mention no matter how much pig-grade lipstick they put on the building, it still makes no fucking sense for a sci-fi action franchise to be injected into an old Hollywood style hotel.

At least it's sounding like the WDW Tower being rethemed is more on the fence because the execs there don't want any more closures during the Studios construction and that they recognize the value the original Tower has. But on the other hand, that's why they're even going with Guardians because its the one Marvel franchise that can be used by Disney in Florida
>>
>>82442128
I remember Back to the Future...
>>
>>82442207
That's the Tokyo Disney Sea Tower. They came up with that story because the Japanese never knew about the Twilight Zone.
>>
>>82442282
Huh. So America's is different. Didn't know that. Is Rod Sterling there in videos?
>>
>>82442344
Yeah, mix of Rod Serling footage and a really good impersonator.

Story is about a group of actors that got trapped in the fifth dimension when lightning hit the elevator shafts of an old Hollywood hotel.
>>
>>82442400
That's weird. This one is a Teddy Roosevelt style world traveling explorer during his travels got a cursed tiki. When he returned to the hotel he owned the tiki cursed him and everyone that visits the hotel to die.
Why do the 5th dimension actors make the elevator drop?
>>
>>82442527
They were on the way to the top floor for a Halloween party. And being a Twilight Zone story, weird shit happens that causes the lightning strike of the elevators to send them into another dimension.

Tokyo's story is the only one that's different. All three of the other towers are Twilight Zone themed (Disney World, Disneyland and Paris)
>>
>>82442617
What other rides have difference across parks? This stuff is interesting.
>>
>>82441855
I hate articles like this.
What does DCA, TDA, WDI, and CM stand for?
>>
>>82442657
DCA= DIsney California Adventure
TDA= Team Disney Anaheim, DIsneyland Management. DIsney World Management is referred to as TDO
WDI= Walt Disney Imagineering
CM= Cast Member
>>
>>82442641
Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain is based on Bryce Canyon, the others are based more on Monument Valley with Paris's version being in the middle of the river instead of Tom Sawyer Island

Tokyo and Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion share a different look from Disneyland's that is more gothic. Paris has a grimdark western version called Phantom Manor
>>
>>82442136
Nope
>>
File: 1461980106233.png (142 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1461980106233.png
142 KB, 320x272
>>82442166
>Guardians of the Galaxy is DUDE DANCE OFF BRO LMAO
I'm getting real goddamn tired of this meme.
>>
>>82442947
Yup. Apparently it's sticking around even as its neighbors are to be turned into Nintendo Land because Spielberg demanded it

https://www.universalorlando.com/Rides/Universal-Studios-Florida/ET-Movie-Adventure.aspx
>>
File: 1447368673351.png (773 KB, 1087x673) Image search: [Google]
1447368673351.png
773 KB, 1087x673
>>82442256
Why did you have to remind me Back to the Future is gone?
>>
What happened to the Marvel Superhero island at the Islands of Adventure in Universal Orlando once Disney bought Marvel?

Spider-Man ride was GOAT back in like 2002
>>
I'd miss the Tower of Terror, but I'm fine with new rides too. Disneyland needs to be a balance of nostalgia and new.
>>
>>82443065
Universal keeps the rights to use Marvel in Florida and Japan for perpetuity. In fact, they're planning to build an Avengers ride at IOA in a few years
>>
>>82443089
Oh that's cool that they're still updating the place too. The Spidey ride was the only good attraction there besides Dr. Doom's FearFall, and it really hasn't aged well at all. I could be wrong but I remember the Hulk coaster being pretty generic.
>>
>>82441855
So this is only affecting the Disneyland location? The Tower of Terror in Disney World is going to be untouched? That's what I'm gathering from this.
>>
>>82442860
if you guys are really interested in this, listen to the phantom manor music on youtube. really great re-imagining of the haunted mansion stuff. getting goosebumps right now, i love analyzing differences in disney parks and why they happened.
>>
>>82442860
>Paris has a grimdark western version called Phantom Manor
That's pretty cool.
>>
>>82443139
Disneyland's a certainty, Disney World's a 50/50 chance. Personally, if Guardians does come to Florida, I'd rather they retheme Rock n Rollercoaster.
>>
File: 1461200618627.gif (256 KB, 600x631) Image search: [Google]
1461200618627.gif
256 KB, 600x631
>>82441855
Normally I would be mad, but the California Adventure version of Tower of Terror is vastly inferior to the Florida version, and I can say this because I've been on both.

Not much of value is being lost here. It's common knowledge that California Adventure had its Tower of Terror shoehorned in because the park was struggling badly before the renovations, and the half-assed-ness of it shows. It's barely more than 10 years old, it's not like it's a California Adventure classic.
>>
>>82442955
Well that's what happens when you let /tv/ take over your board.
>>
>>82443265
Even though it's the inferior one, it still sets a dangerous precedent that they're even thinking "Durr let's slap a random Marvel movie in there". Especially if the Marvel movie happens to be the only one they can use in Florida
>>
>>82443385
The precedent is hardly new though; they've done it twice at Epcot (Gran Fiesta Tour and Frozen Ever After), as well as Space Mountain (Star Wars) and Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Christmas), but those last two are temporary layovers at least.

I think it's all about the execution and the rides/properties in question.
>>
>>82442997
Huh could have sworn MIB ride replaced that. Must have been another ride.
>>
>>82443245
>retheme Rock n Rollercoaster

That would make the most sense at World. A superhero themed roller coaster makes more sense than a dropping ride.
>>
>>82443609
It's going to be Groot in the prison scene
>>
>>82443482
The former attractions were pretty minor league. The temporary overlays are just as you said, temporary and at least have the logic of being a funny-scary ride and a ride about space travel respectively.

But this is a permanent overlay of an iconic, seemingly untouchable, thrill ride E-Ticket that makes no goddamn sense on any level. Anything is possible now. They'll probably shoehorn Zootopia into Splash Mountain. Put Elsa and Olaf into the Matterhorn. Hell, not a thrill ride but someone was putting out bogus claims of the Muppets moving into the Hall of Presidents a few weeks ago, but I totally believed it could be a possibility with this Chapek chucklefuck in charge. Chaos reigns now.
>>
>>82443245
Rock n Rollercoaster being revamp into a Marvel ride would be great.
>>
File: 1360595046089.gif (119 KB, 432x412) Image search: [Google]
1360595046089.gif
119 KB, 432x412
>>82441855
>a plan to remake Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride
>>
>>82443731
Or putting Stitch in the Tiki Room.
>>
>>82443731
>They'll probably shoehorn Zootopia into Splash Mountain.
I've been dreading this since the day the movie came out.

>Olaf into the Matterhorn
This was a fear for a long time. Disney missed their chance by now. To add, Matterhown is Swiss, not Norwegian. It'd contradict Disney going "muh authenticity" with the research they did for the Summerhaus at Epcot, and the new Harold animatronics pretty much secure it as his domain.

>bogus claims of the Muppets moving into the Hall of Presidents
Was Muppets a typo for Donald Trump?
>>
>>82442997
>>82443535
I was there last about sixteen years ago and the MIB ride was there, as well as the E.T. one. However, I don't recall this "going to E.T.'s planet for a musical number" thing mentioned on the site being part of the ride.
>>
>>82443814
Actually is in the Japanese Tiki Room now, but they just tease him until he finally shows up for the ending.
>>
>>82443932
If Trump gets elected I would gladly take a Muppets show rather than dealing with that cheeto fake tan fuck every time I try to duck in there for a nap.
>>
>>82443932
>Was Muppets a typo for Donald Trump?

What better way to avoid having to build a Donald Trump robot?
>>
File: 1461209546824.jpg (37 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1461209546824.jpg
37 KB, 720x720
>>82443932
>>82443983
>>82443986
When you put it that way, I'll take the Muppets. Best to let Hall of Presidents die on an honorable note.

>in b4 Donald Trump intervenes and pumps money to have himself in the attraction and cockblock the Muppets
>>
>>82443535

MIB replaced sets from the Swamp Thing TV set, and the Train from BttF3
>>
>>82444342
The BTTF3 train got relocated to another part of the park didn't it?
>>
>>82443814

They tried that with Iago and Zazu, actually. No one went the show during that era, and It's since been reverted to the classic Tiki room.
>>
>>82443731
>They'll probably shoehorn Zootopia into Splash Mountain.
Or maybe they can get rid of that racist fox and rabbit cliche once and for all, and make the ride entirely Zootopia themed.
>>
>>82444535
And what does Zootopia have to do with the American West? Absolutely nothing.

Put it in Animal Kingdom.
>>
>>82444397
Actually what happened there was that the Iago animatronic was damaged beyond repair in an electrical fire a few years ago and they used that as an excuse to bring an abridged version of the original back
>>
>>82444630
Splash Mountain is in Critter Country at Disneyland, not Frontierland.
>>
What are your favorite theme park memories, /co/?

As previously stated, I last went to Universal Orlando about sixteen years ago, during the summer before middle school began. My family brought along my grandmother since she'd always wanted to go. About halfway through our first first day at the park, my grandmother wants to take "the boat tour of the park" for some photo opportunities and insists on sitting in the seat closest to the side of the boat. Imagine her surprise when the shark from Jaws burst out of the water about three feet from her. I'd never seen my grandmother move that fast before or since, climbing across people to get away from the shark, but that was how she found out we were on the Jaws ride.

>>82444342
>sets from the Swamp Thing TV set
That could've been cool.
>>
>>82444714
And Critter Country is a southern folksy area meant to compliment New Orleans Square right next door (or was until Pressler shoved Pooh into the Country Bear theater).

Zootopia still doesn't fit into an old America setting.
>>
File: 220px-BobIgerHWOFJune2013.jpg (12 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
220px-BobIgerHWOFJune2013.jpg
12 KB, 220x300
>>82444833
I know that, and you know that, but does he know that?
>>
File: bob-chapek.jpg (20 KB, 560x416) Image search: [Google]
bob-chapek.jpg
20 KB, 560x416
>>82444915
Probably not, I mean he hired this guy to replace Staggs as park head.
>>
>a plan to remake Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride
As much as i like GotG, that idea is fucking trash. Tower of Terror is based.
>>
This is so fucking retarded that I'm not surprised modern Disney went for it.

Why not fuck over one of the best themed rides of all time by adding a stupid overlay that is completely out of place?
>>
>>82442860
>Paris has a grimdark western version called Phantom Manor

Yeah, and it used to be narrated by Vincent Price. Then the Parisians complained that he was too American, so they replaced him with a generic audio.

The French don't like Vincent Price. Wotta buncha fuckers.
>>
>>82445499
The actor who dubbed Price in French releases of his movies actually.
>>
>>82445499
>The French don't like Vincent Price.

The French don't like ANYTHING American.

Probably why Euro Disneyland has been hemorrhaging money since it opened.
>>
>>82442282
Which surprises me why they bothered to do the Twilight Zone theme in Europe and even got a French narrator for Rod Serling because the show is just as unknown there.

>>82443224
The creators of Haunted Mansion felt differently. They think that all of the humor got completely misinterpreted.
>>
>>82445654
Euro has been hemorrhaging money because they completely fucked up the planning phase. It is the most popular park in Europe but that is still not enough to make it gain profit.
>>
>>82445781
It's more like Marc Davis believes that theme park rides are ill-suited for linear storytelling. And Phantom Manor tries telling a tragic tale of lost love pretty much in pantomime.
>>
>>82442641
>What other rides have difference across parks?

Mystic Manor in Shanghai Disney is totally different from Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor.

Since the Chinese have a cultural aversion to ghosts and spirits, it's instead about curses and shit that bring all the furniture to life.

It's neat, but so different it hardly qualifies as part of the Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor family.
>>
>>82445798
Yeah, Eisner had them build too many damn hotels even though it's a short commute from Paris to the actual park.
>>
File: 1462065359582.png (70 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1462065359582.png
70 KB, 288x288
>With all those Hollywood plans, only the Tower of Terror remake has a shot at opening before Star Wars Land opens in late 2018. The Marvel mega-coaster would slot in for 2020, just before the Fantasyland expansion pad comes to life with a Frozen E Ticket dark ride and some of the attraction concepts recently announced for Tokyo’s Fantasyland.
>Frozen E ticket dark ride
calling it now; either the fantasyland theater or toontown is kill
>>
>>82445828
Mystic Manor is Hong Kong, not Shanghai

Shanghai doesn't even have a Mansion equivalent. It does have a Pirates land that was originally pitched but never used for Hong Kong though
>>
>>82441855
Is that thing going to play OOGA CHAKA OOGA CHAKA a lot?
>>
File: BATBA489674.jpg (94 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
BATBA489674.jpg
94 KB, 900x450
>>82445850
Yup, that's the expansion slot. The other thing we might be getting is Tokyo's sweet Beauty and the Beast ride.
>>
>>82445859
>Mystic Manor is Hong Kong, not Shanghai

I get those two mixed up all the time, yeah.
>>
>>82445887
If that's what we're getting, then fuck Toontown
>>
>>82443265
Actually, tower of terror kind of is considered a classic for California adventure. It's the ride everybody first thinks of and really wants to ride
>>
File: stitchsgreatescape.jpg (106 KB, 700x391) Image search: [Google]
stitchsgreatescape.jpg
106 KB, 700x391
WHEN THE FUCK ARE THEY REBRANDING TH IS HOT PIECE OF GARBAGE?
>>
>>82445887

The Ratatoulli ride in Euro Disney looked cool from the sneak peaks of it.

Wouldn't mind gettin' that (but no one in the US gives a shit about ratatoulli).
>>
File: 1404440595748.png (151 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1404440595748.png
151 KB, 576x432
>>82445163
This honestly.
A public that doesn't know or give a shit about The Twilight Zone doesn't deserve a ride.

But maybe Universal studios will make another one?

Who am I kidding, no they won't
>>
If they got rid of Tower of Terror, Fantasyland Theater, and Toontown, I would completely forgive them if they brought back the Peoplemover

please...?
>>
>>82445981
There's actually a new Twilight Zone movie in the works and oddly, there was some article about Disney doing another Tower of Terror movie (the first being a TV movie from the 90s with Steve Gutenberg) a few months ago
>>
File: 1439681603620.png (199 KB, 681x411) Image search: [Google]
1439681603620.png
199 KB, 681x411
>>82446057
>Twilight Zone
>movie
>Not a TV Show
Dammit not everything need to be a fucking movie, it works best as TV show, Star Trek works best as TV show. Why is all this so hard to understand?

Knowing how Hollywood thinks, it probably won't even be an anthology

>Another Tower of Terror movie
Why? Nobody gave a shit about the movie. The ride is about The Twilight Zone, that is what the Tower of Terror is for better or worse, no oc dounut attempt at a movie is going to change that.
>>
>>82446256
Jews gonna jew. Simple as that.
>>
>>82446256
>works best as TV show,

1980s Twilight Zone was bad.
2000s Twilight Zone was REALLY bad.

Considering the last two attempts to revive it as a TV series failed, it's no wonder they're going the movie route again (keep in mind, the first Twilight Zone movie was only 50% good).
>>
As much as I love the shit out of GOTG, this re-theming makes absolutely ZERO sense.

I mean, ffs, why not reskin the Rockin' Roller Coaster? Even that would make more sense than a reskin of the Tower of Terror.
>>
>>82445989

I enjoyed that ride but everyone else that was with hated it
>>
I'm not good enough to write a Rob Sterling eulogy for it
>>
>>82446306

The thing is it's an anthology. Just get some directors with buzz who like the show to do shorts. If those V/H/S movies can exist
>>
>>82446306
>keep in mind, the first Twilight Zone movie was only 50% good

And let's not forget about how John Landis got Vic Morrow and two illegally-hired child actors killed during the production of that thing.
>>
>GotG ride
Oh hey, might be cool
>Replacing Tower of Terror
OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
>>
File: 1448302562457.jpg (11 KB, 176x171) Image search: [Google]
1448302562457.jpg
11 KB, 176x171
>>82446306
>Hiring shit writers and actors would make a bad series
Who knew huh?
Seriously the issue was never the medium or the format. The need to adapt decent stories and get writers who know how to properly represent the Twilight Zone style.

I sincerely doubt it's going to be an anthology like that last movie, since the last big budget anthology horror movie was Trick r Treat and that got shelved for half a year than regulated to the Direct to DVD bin.
>>
>Chris Pratt rides ToT to protest this decision

sounds like something he would actually do
>>
>>82446559
>I sincerely doubt it's going to be an anthology like that last movie,

Honestly, that's even worse.

I don't think anybody wants to see Time Enough At Last or Nightmare at 30,000 Feet stretched out to fill 2 fuckin hours.

The anthology format is dead in general, be it as TV or as film. People only want lore and continuity, now.
>>
>>82446716
>I think don't think anybody wants to see Time Enough At Last or Nightmare at 30,000 Feet stretched out to fill 2 fuckin hours.
That's not how movie anthologies work
>>
>>82446306
>keep in mind, the first Twilight Zone movie was only 50% good

That's still being generous. The Gremlin segment and the bookending sequences with Dan Aykroyd were GOAT, yeah, but the other 3 segments ranged from PURE UNFILTERED SHIT (Kick the Can) to Legitimate Tragedy (A Quality of Mercy) to Neat Visuals But Very Annoying (It's a Good Life).

Burgess Meredith as the narrator was a neat choice, though.
>>
>>82446716
>Honestly, that's even worse.

The Tales from the Crypt movie trilogy had feature-length one-shot stories that worked out... okay.

>Demon Knight was so fuckin awesome
>Bordello of Blood was bad but very entertaining and look at all dem titties
>That straight to video voodoo one was garbage, but it apparently was an unrelated movie that got the Crypt branding attached to it after the fact

Maybe Twilight Zone can go that route, though I personally still prefer anthology films with multiple stories per movie over movie anthologies that are just a series of one-shots (though I understand that the classic anthology film is dead on a general audience level).
>>
>>82445972
Frenchfag here, the Ratatoulli ride is cool but seem to be very unstable (I spent 2 day at Eurodisney in November 2014 and it was closed 90 % of the time)
>>
>>82442282
Once again, licensing issues kept them from using the Twilight Zone name overseas.
>>
Wow.

I'm old enough that I went to Disney when there was no tower of terror and since I haven't had kids I missed it now. Feels bad
>>
>>82445841
Fun fact: The original planned location for Euro Disney was Italy. Sunny climate, more friendly locals (Italians LOVE old school Disney), and a favorable deal with the tourism board.

Eisner changed it to France so he and his family would have a place to stay while shopping for designer clothes in Paris.
>>
>>82446256
Twilight Zone was more of a framing device for the ride's story then anything else. Hell, Tower of Terror actually started development as a Mel Brooks ride where you're trying to solve the mystery of strange killings on the set of a new horror-comedy he's directing.
>>
http://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/guardians-of-the-galaxy-rumors

tl;dl: It's probably not coming to DHS, because of worries about contract stuff due to Infinity War (Guardians in an Avengers movie means there part of the Avengers family, which is at Universal).

I'm really hoping Universal tries to convinces Warner Brothers to give them the DC/Loony Toons rights instead of Six Flags when the contract is up in 2025. That entire side of the park needs a lot of work, and it's not going to get it with the current IPs
>>
>>82449596
Warner shit is still at six flags?
>>
>>82450926
The contract ends sometime next decade.
>>
>>82450926
>>82450951
Warner owns Six Flags or at least has a major share in it, don't they?
>>
>>82450985
They sold them to Premier parks in the late 90s, I don't think they own any of it now
>>
File: Hatbox.jpg (447 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Hatbox.jpg
447 KB, 900x600
When the hell are they adding this fucker to the Magic Kingdom ride, dammit?
>>
>>82451100
Too busy adding stupid interactivity bonuses to the crappy CGI Hitchhikers like randomly conjuring tombstones with your names on it or holding up signs saying they're going to your state.
>>
>>82451233
You're hurting me anon.
>>
>>82451100
Rumor I heard last was he'll be there for Magic Kingdoms 50th anniversary
>>
>>82451100

in a few years
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.