[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AFFLECK'S BATMAN FILM RUMORED TO BE 'CRAMMED'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 24
File: 4297425-8726880495-jla67.jpg (432 KB, 1600x1230) Image search: [Google]
4297425-8726880495-jla67.jpg
432 KB, 1600x1230
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/05/03/afflecks-batman-film-rumored-to-be-crammed-with-villains

WB is gonna shove the entire rogues gallery into Affleck's Batman movie. How does this make you feel /co/?
>>
>>82441364
Is it set in the past or the present? If its the past he still has his no killing rule, but if its the present he might kill a bunch of them. Either way it will be fun.
>>
>>82441364
>The public anticipation for Suicide Squad seems high, Exec A
>You're right, Exec B. So what if we... take a whole lot of fan-favourite villains and put them into another movie?
>But Exec A, Suicide Squad 2 will take time, how can we do that?
>Simple, Exec B. We ruin the Batman.
>>
>>82441364
>'CRAMMED'

is this going to be the new anti-DC meme towards this movie?

''guys! Its going to be crammed as hell! this is going to be Spider-man 3 all over again, guys! I'm so depressed, marvel won once again! I'm not a /tv/ shitposter or anything!''
>>
Literally news from yesterday. You're the reverse of Flash.
>>
>>82441364

Given his live-action track record I wonder how many will be left alive by the end of the film.
>>
>>82441364
>the first Batman movie is actually a Man of Steel sequel
>the second Batman movie is actually a Suicide Squad sequel
Are all of the Batman movies in the DCCU going to be sequels to other peoples' movies?
>>
>>82441560
>Batman 3
>only surviving villain is Carpenter
>>
File: 1433000546159.jpg (44 KB, 637x706) Image search: [Google]
1433000546159.jpg
44 KB, 637x706
>>82441364
Crammed is a terrible word when talking about movie.
>>
>>82441554
EOBARD?!?!
>>
>>82441364
>Hey guys, remember when we crammed so many characters in BvS which ended up leaving it feel bloated and like it needed more time even though it simultaneously felt really long, which nearly everyone who didn't like it mentioned as one of their problems with it?
>Yeah.
>Lets do it again, except this time, lets do it with one of the few salvageable parts of BvS.
>WE CAN'T MISS!!!

I swear, the people running WB are either legitimately mentally retarded, or they are intentionally trying to sink this entire endeavor. Nothing they are doing makes sense from a storytelling perspective.
>>
The scene will be Batman rounding up all his rogue's gallery and then shooting them all execution style while they're all on their knees.
>>
>>82441577
Adding Batman seems like the only way to succeed.
>>
>>82441577

no, the first Batman movie is going to be a prequel, that was Batman V Superman
>>
>>82441599
>So many characters
Batman, Superman, Lois and Doomsday. Those are all the characters. Maybe you can count Martha too.

The rest, including Perry, Alfred, wtc were just cameos.
>>
>>82441634
Lex*
>>
>>82441529
This. I'm so sick of /co/'s hate-boner for DC and blatant Marvel bias. For once I'd like to have a DC thread without Marvel shills shitting it up. The only flaw that DC's ever had was making movies for patricians and true fans instead of braindead "general audiences" and casuals.
>>
>>82441485
>>82441618
>>82441560
>>82441616
>>82441599

/tvirgins/ shit posters confirmed for not reading a single Batman comic, even fucking OP's pic has Batman vs a ton of villians in one of the most acclaimed Batman's runs from the last 10 years...

''but I'm a fucking retarded asshole! I don't think that a movie with multiple villians could work! I'm a shitposter because I can't get my dick wet!''
>>
>>82441671
>patricians and true fans
I seriously don't think you're helping the conversation by trolling like that. DC Fans deserve better than the shit WB is shoveling them.
>>
>>82441671
I have nothing against marvel, I dislike their movies but I let the people enjoy them. I dont go and shit all other marvel threads.

But marvel people always shit on dc and Fox's patrician-men threads.

They raise their >muh comic book accuracy flags, yet they stay quiet when Marvel makes a Zemo or a Loki that little have to do anything with their comic book counterparts.
>>
Didn't Amazing Spiderman 2 have a bunch of villains, and wasn't it a clusterfuck?
>>
File: 1453943502164.gif (964 KB, 397x658) Image search: [Google]
1453943502164.gif
964 KB, 397x658
>>82441671
>implying what DC is doing is fan service
>>
I liked Affleck as Batman so I'm okay with them making more Batman films with him, but this is a terrible idea. Why the fuck is WB doing this? Shouldn't they realize they're fucking up?
>>
>>82441691
>in one of the most acclaimed Batman's runs from the last 10 years...
I hope you are not talking about The Court of my lost brother owl-man with the iron-man suit
>>
>>82441743
It was even more a clusterfuck than SM3
>>
>>82441671

its not even /co/ is just a bunch of /tv/ shit posters that don't have anything better to do.

Even when /co/ acts like the worst kind of retarded assholes, they know enough about Batman to realize that his best stories involve a ton of villians.

Dark Knight Returns.
Longest Halloween.
Arkham Asylum
Knightfall
>>
>>82441743
yeah. and so happened with Spiderman 3

but trust Affleck. he's an enormously talented writer and director
>>
>>82441760

yes and you have be literally retarded if you think that people didn't enojoyed that shit, it was brilliant!
>>
>>82441364
Why ign keep posting Faraci rumors?
>>
>>82441671
>DC's movies
>true fans
>Man of Murder and Batedge v Superedge
>true fans
>void of anything beyond surface-level symbolism and 2DEEP4U aren't-I-smart shit

Fuck off man. DC comics are great but that was utter tripe and you're just so devastated you've gone into fanboy-defence mode. I know that feeling, I've been there, you just gotta move on.
>>
>>82441616
Everyone but his waifu, the Joker.
>>
>>82441691
Wanna know why Geoff Johns writing TV is better than Geoff Johns writing movies? TV allows for serialized storytelling which is much closer to the pacing he excells at with comics. Movies requires much more efficient use of time. Johns tends to just resort to cramming in allusions to what will come next at the cost of telling the story he should be telling, and the final product ends up being poorly recieved. The best multivillain Bat arcs are the ones that usually run for 12 issues, and you can't do those justice with a movie. If they try to it will just come off as crammed full of characters not given their time to have themselves or their motivations established or explored.
>>
>>82441806
Trying to compare a comic to a movie is just dumb. You don't have all that continuity which makes seeing all these villains in the story work so well.
>>
>>82441840

''hurr, I'm a /tvtard/ that doesn't know shit about anything! lol, kino! Better Call Saul is boring because it doesn't have explosion guys! Lets play call of duty in our kino server!''

jump in front of a moving car please
>>
>>82441364
>Thinking WB would make a decision that wasn't fucking stupid
>>
>>82441806
They also know that these stories being played out over 2 hours in a movie is very diffferent to having them in a graphic novel format.

Now, I admit, Longest Halloween could work great as a movie, but if a movie is "crammed" full of villains then I'm imagining it being more like major players than bit parts and cameos to populate the world around Batman, and the former is a bad thing.
>>
>>82441671
I am dc fan and still think having too many villains in the first movie of Batman is terrible idea.
>>
>>82441863

Bullshit, one of my first comic book reads was Longest Halloween and I just had to be familiar with the characters to enjoy the comic.

You sound like a person that hasn't touched a comic book in your life
>>
>>82441869
Get fucked, BCS was great and the majority of FPS games are shit. You're really that hurt that people didn't like a bad movie? You're pathetic anon.
>>
>>82441732
>I have nothing against marvel, I dislike their movies but I let the people enjoy them. I dont go and shit all other marvel threads.
This. Remember how many shitposting threads there were after Thor: The Dark World came out? No? Me either
>>
File: rtruthsoldier.jpg (37 KB, 541x371) Image search: [Google]
rtruthsoldier.jpg
37 KB, 541x371
More villains is usually bad when it comes to movies, but depending on the story, Batman is probably one of the few who could pull it off. I don't really have any faith that DC will pull it off, but still.

>>82441743
>Didn't Amazing Spiderman 2 have a bunch of villains, and wasn't it a clusterfuck?

Are you retarded? It was such a clusterfuck it killed the franchise and Sony went running to Marvel.
>>
>>82441912

not knowing how to read a post in 2016
>>
>>82441922

Well I never watched it, and I didn't know if it was the major reason that the movie was bad, so this was all hearsay
>>
>>82441671
>This. I'm so sick of /co/'s hate-boner for DC and blatant Marvel bias

/co/ has been calling out marvel's mediocrity from the start while it kept shitting out bland movies

/co/ took a shit on AoU for a lot of stuff

The thing is Marvel plays it safe so there is not much too shit on it but there is also very little pay off with marvel over time. DC on the other hand takes bold aswell as retarded decisions which happen to piss off a lot of fans more vocally
>>
Kek.
You can see the robotic actions of the corporate WB/DC overmind
>Marvel is making money hand over fist
>We need to capitalize on it now before the well dries up
>How do we do that?
>We're iconic. If people see a character they recognize, they pay money to see it. Analystbot3000 confirmed it
>How many characters can we put in a movie?
>All of them

They're relying solely on character recognition to fill seats, and when it fails, they're thinking not that they should rethink their strategy but rather that they weren't doing it hard enough before
>>
>>82441938
Actually, I did read your post and responded to your character-attack rubbish by correcting you. I have no interest in being a /tv/poster, I simply know when a film is bad.

I can still enjoy bad films, mind you, I like Space Jam and The Proposal, but I won't go ahead and call them good films.
>>
File: 1441564923463.jpg (214 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
1441564923463.jpg
214 KB, 500x448
TWS had a lot of villains too and it turned out good.

>Batroc
>Winter Soldier
>Crossbones
>Zola
>Alexander Pierce
>HYDRA as an organization

Sure it could also turn into ASM2, but I wouldn't say the movie is guaranteed to be shit just because it has many villains. TWS is proof that you can do a lot of villains without it turning into a shitfest.
>>
>>82442019

again, you didn't understand the post if you think that I'm a tv poster, you fucking retard
>>
>>82442054
I guess it depends on what you mean by "crammed with villains". If it's done TWS style then sure they could pull it off, but they were mainly undeveloped minor components of a bigger scheme, essentially minions or cogs in a machine.

If by villains you mean characters who can stand up by themselves and have their own plans and motivations and stuff, then it'll be a clusterfuck due to being overstuffed.
>>
>>82442054

that movie didn't had a lot of villians, it had an evil organization with a lot of goons, is not the same, they all have the same goal and help each other.

and it wasn't good either, it was a dumb action film
>>
Everything is Batman! Add Batman to this! Put a Batman character here! Make another Batman sequel! Batman! Batman!

Geez WB, settle the fuck down.
>>
In terms of big, famous Batman stories filled with a lot of villains, there's The Long Halloween and Hush.

Considering Affleck's love for gritty crime stories Long Halloween makes more sense, all the organised crime shit in that story would get him rock-hard.
>>
>>82441364
If it isn't intended to be a trilogy thing, you could make an interesting Game of Death style movie where Batman has to fight his way through Arkham by taking down the villains. Problem is once it's done, you pretty much can't use those villains again since you've shown Bruce can take down all of them in one night.
>>
>>82441529
>>82441671
>Oh my god, OP quoted the article he linked to, /co/ has such a god damn bias against this giant corporate entity that I prefer over another giant corporate entity
>>
>>82442075
Since it seem you're actually the one who lacks reading comprehension I'll spell it out for you. I am fully aware that you were calling me a tvposter, and I was merely correcting you because your blatant stereotype was wrong on all accounts. I don't post on /tv/, I like BCS, I think Call of Duty is shit.

I also think that MoS and BvS were awful films and that CW was an okay film. 7/10, maybe 8/10 depending on my mood. Not amazing, not awful either. I happen to prefer DC when it comes to comics, and I enjoy both Batman and Superman individually in the comic settings, and found them to be poorly handled in the movies.

Aside from that, there were numerous technical and creative problems with the DCEU movies that have been enumerated upon enough times that there's no need to cover them again.
>>
File: kornheiser.jpg (22 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser.jpg
22 KB, 288x499
>>
>>82441364
BB and TDK were crammed with villains, but succeeded because 2000-2010 Nolan was on his god tier run. I'm similarly confident in Affleck's abilities, especially if the rumors of him having 100% creative control are true, so this is a good thing IMO.
>tfw excited for every DC movie that isn't JL
It hurts
>>
>>82441671
safe space
>>
>>82441671
>hate-boner
>not legitimate criticism and a warranted desire to not be fed shit from WB
>not people capable of liking or having opinions about different things

For once I'd like to have a thread discussing DC without faggots like you screaming "SHILLS" anytime someone doesn't praise the stuff they're throwing at us.
>>
>the best Batman stories across different mediums are "crammed" with villains

B-B-Buh /tv/ is telling me to shitpost!

It'll b-be another Spider-Man!
>>
>>82442248
>BB and TDK were crammed with villains

The fucking hell are you talking about?
>>
>>82442263

I'm not against the idea.

This is just another example of WB relying on its one golden goose (again), and cramming it full of familiar names and characters instead of making it legitimately good.

But it IS Affleck, so there's hope.
>>
>>82442248
Were they though? I'm honestly curious as to what point people consider movies to be "crammed".

BB had Ra's, Scarecrow and Falcone/Maroni (I don't remember which, it's been a while).

So primary, secondary and ancillary facilitator villain. I don't consider that crammed.

TDK was similar.

Joker primary, Two-Face secondary, various unimportant gangsters and crime bosses as ancillary facilitators.
>>
>>82442263
>different mediums
Exactly. DIFFERENT mediums. In so far as what works in ONE medium won't necessarily work in ANOTHER. What works for a comic or cartoon won't necessarily work for a movie.

Maybe it could work in a movie too, but historically, that hasn't been the case.
>>
File: 1462247091080.jpg (33 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1462247091080.jpg
33 KB, 396x385
>Shoving Bat's entire rogues gallery into the movie
For fuck's sake.

Somebody please hack WB's email and leak them.
>>
>One 10 minute scene of Batman fighting his way through Arkham and all of his rogues
>the rest of the movie is about Batman and Joker
Kill me
>>
I honestly hate discussing capeshit. I really fucking do.

A movie cant just be shitty. Because its capeshit, there is an even greater level of scrupulation and meme analysis.

Look at the Spider-Man films. Spider-Man 3 and ASM2 cant just be poorly written, poorly written to handle that many characters. No, full-stop, the writing is one thing and the amount of villains is its own black mark. As if ensemble films havent existed since the beginning of film.

In more recent times, look at the people counting the number of lines Superman has in BvS as if some metric for that exists, as if some objective standard for that exists, as if that had any bearing on quality.

Capeshit discussion is just one asinine idea after the other and I'm tired of it I tell yah'wat
>>
>Batman vs Batman: Dawn of Batmen
>>
>>82441863
This. What works in comics doesn't necessarily mean that is going to work in movie.
>>
File: 1409175412557.png (140 KB, 287x358) Image search: [Google]
1409175412557.png
140 KB, 287x358
>>82441671
I want to believe this is bait, I want to believe you aren't this delusional.
>>
>>82442299
TDK had
>Joker
>Harvey
>Scarecrow
>Maroni
>Lau
>Gambol
And handled them with ease. I'm not saying that Batfleck will be handled the exact same way, just that in a 2.5 hour movie I can easily see them going through a ton of villains, especially if like TDK their arcs are in service of the main villains.
>>
>Suicide Squad ends with Batman handcuffing Joker
>Batman movie starts with Batman delivering Joker in Arkham
>Just as keikaku Batsy
>Arkham in chaos
>Every villain is released
>>
>>82441364
Don't worry about it
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/ben-affleck-and-geoff-johns-rumored-to-have-complete-creative-control-over-a141111
>>
>>82442248
>BB and TDK were crammed with villains
What the heck? No, they weren't.
>>
>here, guys, here's that stuff you like! so it's good right? please tell me i'm good. please
For crying out loud.
>>
File: 1402944572393.jpg (29 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1402944572393.jpg
29 KB, 720x540
>mfw they're gonna put in Nightwing too, and Batgirl, and Batwoman, and Bat Wing, and Damien

Fuck me.
>>
>>82442468
I'm confident with Affleck, but holy shit did they really have to bring in Johns on the movie? Out of all Batman writers, they chose Johns?
>>
>>82442439
No it had Joker and Harvey, and then a bunch of literal background villains and cameos to facilitate the main plot.

It's like if the next Batman movie has a scene in Arkham where you get a hallway shot in which you can see cameos of Penguin, Riddler, Anarky, Amygdala, Hush, Catwoman, Clayface, Tweedledum & Tweedledee, Clock King, Condiment King, HARDAC, Zsasz, Flamingo and whatever.

That's not a movie crammed with villains. It's just background fluff and plot-advancing minor characters. If they're describing a movie as "crammed" I'm expecting some ASM2 level stuff.
>>
>>82442510
Isn't Johns the Chief Creative Officer of DC? In other words, he's Warner Bros' "DC guy." It could be a character or property that Johns has never written and he'd still be the person brought on.
>>
>>82442441
why doesn't he just nuke it from orbit?
>>
>>82441364
>Scarecrow going Jazz Hands
>Croc going all Hulk Hogan
>Freeze just patting a dude on the shoulder as he walks past
I love this
>>
>>82442499
Barbara Gordon is already in the R-rated cut of BvS, so it'd be surprising if they didn't bring her back for the solo movie.
>>
>>82442533
>If they're describing a movie as "crammed" I'm expecting some ASM2 level stuff.
Then you shouldn't?
>DC is reportedly looking to create the "definitive" Batman film, and to tell the "ultimate Batman story." Although most of the villains will likely be cameos, it certainly sound like they're looking to go big with the film.
>>
>>82442476

WB is the little brother overshadowed by his older, pretty, super popular sister...
>>
>>82442568
And he's fat.
>>
>>82442510
>>82442539
Johns is just there for them to say 'we a got a comic book guy so that means it's good and accurate'. His inclusion with the GL didn't do dick to help it in any way.
>>
>>82442553
Unless that makes it into theaters I doubt she'll have any further presence. Never heard or saw that actress.
>>
>>82441364
Depends on if the Hatter is in it, and portrayed properly.
>>
>>82442557
Oh well then I guess their idea of crammed and my idea of crammed is different. If it's just gonna be cameos at Arkham or something similar then eh whatever, that doesn't indicate anything for whether this direction means the film will be good or bad so there's zero to discuss because cameos are basically insignificant.
>>
>>82442553
Is she Barbra or Batgirl?

I swear if she's in a wheelchair
>>
>>82442583
>His inclusion with the GL didn't do dick to help it in any way.

Kek, he was the one that insisted in putting Parallax in the movie.
He is the CCO and anted to take the writter role since that's a lot of money.
>>
>>82442263
Unless they plan on making this movie 12 hours or longer, they can't do justice to the biggest stories.
Although I would gladly sit through a good 18 hours of No Man's Land with three or four intermissions.
>>
>>82442468
>a Batman that creates his own fiction
Batgod is REAL
>>
>>82441840
>>82441671
Face it, Zack Snyder is just an obnoxiously pretentious version of Michael Bay.
>>
>>82441364
>2 and a half hours of Bat-fleck taking down his rogue's gallery in Arkham or something

I don't see the problem with that.
>>
>>82441364
>WB is gonna shove the entire rogues gallery into Affleck's Batman movie
I want to say I'm suprised, but I'm honestly not.

I really think it's better to have the first movie be about UTRH because it's safe and most likely be received well by the GA.
>>
>>82442675
>too many cooks
depends on how they do it
>>
>>82442715

Hey, it takes a lot to make a stew.
>>
>>82442715
Name 3 times when too many cooks has worked out.
>>
File: f.jpg (7 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
7 KB, 257x196
>>82442732
Shut up Boco
>>
>>82442732
No, a stew is what you make when you have a lot that you can't make anything better with.
>>
>>82441905
You missed my point. You can't pace a Goddamn movie like a comic so there's no point in fucking comparing the two. This includes villains naturally.

What works in one medium may not necessarily work in another.
>>
>>82441364
>stuffed with villains
Are we getting a Hush movie that hints at Jason Todd's return?
>>
File: 1435853874304.png (59 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
1435853874304.png
59 KB, 415x423
>>82442631
>he was the one that insisted in putting Parallax in the movie
I'm not mad, just disappointed
>>
>>82442732
>stews are generally made out of a lot of whatever the fuck you have because none of it is substantial or tasty enough on its own
Making a stew is an apt description for the DCEU at the moment.

The only problem is that it's still possible to make a bad stew.
>>
>>82442768
So the metaphor fits
>>
>>82442814
Johns fucking loves Hal. He wanted to cover Hal beating the parallax thing because fuck the other lanterns, right?
>>
>>82441364
The source of that rumour is Faraci and dude can't even tell the sky is blue when anything is DC-related.

Start bitching if El Mayimbe reports it as well.
>>
They'll just be passing cameos while he's in Arkham or something.

Chill the fuck out.

Joker will more than likely be the primary villain and focus of the new trilogy.
>>
File: 131667042019-1.jpg (656 KB, 1280x1014) Image search: [Google]
131667042019-1.jpg
656 KB, 1280x1014
>>82442401
You mean just like in the comi-oh wait, you don't read those.
>>
>>82441732
>>82441916
Delusions or new, marvel has unrivaled shitposting or did PTSD make you forget the kino shit for the past year
>>
>>82442441
beautiful
>>
>>82442949
>Joker primary villain

For fucks sake. I really hope not.
>>
>>82443188
The trilogy is more or less going to be a retelling of a Death in the Family and Under the Red Hood
>>
>>82442988
>implying
While it's true that Batman's comics are able to focus on more than one villain, it's also true that WB is only aware of a single villain which will make them money. This is why Joker is literally everywhere. While I don't actually want this movie to be like this, I have been let down by WB time and again, so much that I've lost faith, but not hope.
>>
>>82443188

You know it'll happen.

Unless people end up hating Leto's Joker, I guess.
>>
>>82443520
With all the Fangirls screaming about how hot he is with his shirt off I highly doubt that will happen. Face it mang, we're stuck with Joker as the main antagonist again.
>>
>>82443583

Of course we are.

Thanks to Heath winning that Oscar, WB will NEVER let Joker go now.
>>
>>82441364
>this is somehow a bad thing
fuck off with your anti-DC smear campaign
>>
>>82441364

Who's between Clayface and Professor Pyg?

And who's between Two-Face and Riddler?
>>
File: 1316728376927.jpg (41 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1316728376927.jpg
41 KB, 472x645
Battfleck is literally going to make a 2 hour movie based on GM's Serious House on Serious Earth with Batman TAS' Trial episode.

Battfleck will be put to trial by the whole Rogue Gallery for his branding/killing shit from BvS even tho the whole bizarre parody of the trial will be completely disingenuous of his victims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnLA4Iw7FHA
>>
Lots of villains and affleck wants to show off why Batman's the "world's greatest detective". They're doing Hush aren't they?
>>
Batfleck seems ideal for an ASBR movie later on, complete with Yellow scene if Green Lanternhas already been introduced in a prebious film.
>>
>>82443845
Flamingo between Clayface and Pyg. Don't know the skull one
>>
>>82441364
Oh man I hope this will be Bane releasing all the inmates in an attempt to weaken Batman, but instead it just makes him angrier and he ends up breaking Bane's back as a reversal. I'm tired of Batman getting cucked in live action movies. Time for some payback.
>>
>>82444154
And here I thought Batman was just pretending to be retarded in BVS.
>>
>>82444996
Was cucking Superman not good enough eh, Anon?
>>
>>82442258
Yeah but you people aren't making any valid arguments nor are you using any valid criticism. You're not attempting to discuss anything. You're just shit posting. On a movie that has barely entered production.

Right now in Affleck we have the best Batman committed to live action, end of story. Not only this but Affleck is a talented director and a massive Batfag. I am hoping for either The Long Halloween or Serious House on Serious Earth
>>
>>82441364
Awesome. Drones here will hate it tho
>>
>>82441364
Good.
I've seen Batman done twice over now. The only appeal is seeing new villains get adapted. Same with Spidey.
>>
>>82445063
gib more
I am greed
>>
Like it's a bad idea to cast a lot of batman's villains at one time and then be stuck with that actor if you want continuity.
>>
>>82442644
This movie drops in 2018 right? That's a lot of prep time!
>>
>>82442644
"The world only makes sense if you force it to."

>he decided to take his own advice
>>
>>82445232
Damnit, the Batboner truly can never be quenched
>>
>>82445303
Hypercrisis is real.
>>
>>82441364
Just don't let it be another Joker centered villian movie. Joker has been overdone to death in the movies.
>>
>>82443766
>DC with lots of characters: it's cramming!
>Marvel: jam-packed with lots of characters! Another blockbuster!

>DC being serious: it's humorless and boring!
>Marvel being serious: so mature and deep

Why do they try to spin things to make DC look worse?
>>
>>82441364
Leave it up to /co/ to act like a petulant little child.
>>
File: 1385495390390.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1385495390390.gif
2 MB, 320x240
they need to make it from the villians perspective and make it a team up movie

and batman just fuckin dismantles their shit

and we need this scene
<
>>
>>82445660
Because Marvel has everyone sucking their cocks. So when DC makes something mediocre, everyone will bash it to please Marvel-senpai.
>>
>>82444114
>>82442786
>Ben Affleck's Batman: Hush

Who would you want as Thomas Elliot?

Who would you want as Ridddler?

Who would you want as Clayface?
>>
>>82445881
That's a great idea. Since they're also planning to show off Batman's detective side, it would also be really cool to see him deduce their plan word by word and having the villains go crazy with fear.
>>
File: 1460429866244.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460429866244.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>82445660
>>82445914
>What is proper pacing
>What are multiple movies to properly introduce and show off the characters
Or maybe, just maybe. Marvel knows how to make movies and market their product?
>>
Damn itll be crammed like Long Halloween, Serious House, Arkham Asylum/City/Everything, Hush, The Dark Knight, TDKR, etc.?

Why does WB/DC insist on ruining everything bros!!!

Even that word choice, "crammed" is trying to push a certain negative narrative

Devin Faraci is a faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3760x2864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3760x2864
>>82441364
Oh boy, I can't wait for all of Batman villains to him beat up (like the penguin) and for Alfred to save him because Batman is so useless that he needs everyone to she him (and teach him how to be a detective) . Maybe NOTJasonTodd and Grail can make appearances. *facepalm* Can Marvel just buy DC already?
>>
>>82446056
>what are buzzwords
wait
>Marvel knows how to make movies
never mind. Good bait, anon.
>>
File: 1432784313415.png (297 KB, 488x371) Image search: [Google]
1432784313415.png
297 KB, 488x371
>>82446825
>If I don't like it, it must be bait
>>
>>82445964
>Who would you want as Thomas Elliot?
Michael C Hall
>Who would you want as Ridddler?
Zachary Quinto
>Who would you want as Clayface?
No clue
>>
>>82446943
They certainly know how to make movies. Just as well as McDonald's knows how to make meals.
>>
>>82441364
FACT: any Batman movie with more than 2 villains is bad
>>
>>82446695
Is this pasta
>>
>>82447116
>hating the Adam West Batman movie
>>
>>82447116
>TDK
>bad
>>
>>82447133
It is Truth
>>
>>82447249
>TDK
>more than 2 villains
>>
>>82447380
Crane at the start
Joker in the middle
Two Face in the end
>>
>>82447380
>two-face
>Joker
>ScareCrow
>>
>>82447186
I don't hate it but it's not good
>>
>>82447380
>Maroni,Scarecrow,Joker, Two-Face
>>
>>82447393
>>82447396
>>82447404
>Scarecrow
>counting
>>
>>82441364
sounds like a huge mess which will make for a disappointing movie so par for teh course for WB
>>
>>82447421

So the Battfleck movie won't be "crowded" because we're accounting screen time now? Everyone knows the Rogue Gallery & Bats.
>>
File: kay.jpg (123 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
kay.jpg
123 KB, 2000x1125
>>82447092
Fuck you McDonalds is great
>>
I want baffleck breaking bones and crushing faces just like in that 5 minute scene in BvS. That was so cash
>inb4 muh stealth muh humanity muh no kill
Yeah nah, mad baffleck is god tier
>>
>>82447266
If you're basically retarded, i guess it would seem like the truth
>>
>>82447621
These are the same people who routinely pretend that BVS is the first live action Batman that killed people. They will change the narrative when it suits them to make an "argument" this is how fanboys work
>>
>>82447735
I don't mind all that i just want some fucking detective work in a Batman film. I don't think that is too much to ask.
>>
>>82447692
For a disposable quick fix, yeah. Like all those mediocre films in the MCU.
>>
>>82447873
Marvel movies are the epitome of mcdonald quick fix. The equivalent of a new toy that is immediately discarded when a newer toy is on the shelf.
>>
>>82447692
Backyard Burger is better
>>
>This thread
Do you people not retain any memories or something? How many times does DC need to do this to you?
>>
The defensiveness in this thread is off the fucking charts.
>>
>>82448156
Sounds like what will happen to Civil War in a few weeks.
>>
File: 1460856854347.png (263 KB, 444x418) Image search: [Google]
1460856854347.png
263 KB, 444x418
>>82441671
>Marvelfags are out to get us!!!
>>
>>82441364
>another DCEU rumor article

with the odds and bias completely against them i can't be beothered to believe any of this shit at least until the trailers drop
>>
>>82441364
>Sources at Birth.Movies.Death.
stopped reading there
>>
>>82441364
>It's another blog citing Faraci for DC news.
>>
>>82448544
>make fun of dc fans complaining about marvelfags shitting up their threads
>in a dc thread while posting marvel shit imagery
>>
Less is more.

The original X Men movies had cameos meant for the true fans of the book. The cameos never got mentioned in name.

I'd really enjoy to see a ton of Batman's rogues locked up or terrorizing Gotham, but the execs need to leave it at that.

Cameos.

When you try to fit too much into one movie, it becomes tedious to watch and 95% of the time it ends up horrible.

With that said, Suicide Squad looks amazing, but the movie is going to be playing off of the different personalities and not so much their backstories.
>>
>>82448544
>gwynpool
Know Marvel fiends have shit taste & all, but holy shit.
>>
>>82441364
Make it an Arkham Asylum horror movie
>>
>>82449294
Make it a Horror movie & The BTAS episode of The Trial, & it'll be a hit.
>>
>>82449294
>Horror movie.
We don't want to scare the kids now. Batman is a family symbol icon.
>>
>>82442613
Well we won't know until the R-rated cut comes out and her sub-plot gets added back in.
>>
>>82449280
>implying Gwenpool isn't great
Gwenpool is the patrician's waifu-bait comic.
>>
>>82449354
A lot of modern horror movies are rated PG-13 though, like Insidious and the Grudge.
>>
>>82441485
I dunno, it could work for like an Arkham City/Knightfall type scenario.
>>
>>82447116
FACT: There hasn't been much Batman movies to gauge this fact besides Batman & Robin.
>>
>Long Halloween can do it
>The Trial can do it
>Arkham Asylum can do it
>BEN AFFLECK CAN'T TOO CROWDED MEME REEEEE!
>>
I need Two-Face in a new movie
>>
>>82450111
These medias aren't limited to 3 hours without becoming tedious.
>>
>>82448423
Yeah i know right! The last Batman trilogy was a bomb and total disa..oh wait
>>
File: space-pepe.jpg (61 KB, 781x552) Image search: [Google]
space-pepe.jpg
61 KB, 781x552
>>82441364
Batman was my favourite thing of BvS, maybe the only what i realy liked it, but sadly that movie killed my hype about everything related to WB
>>
>>82450715
What are you talking a bout? A runtime for a comic book??? What about animated adaptions like The Dark Knight Returns or Killing Joke. Im really lost at what in a graphic novel cannot be easily translated to a film
>>
>>82450802
They just hit rock bottom, from now they can only go up.

Right?
>>
>>82441589
Now when it's porn.
>>
>>82441364
We Knightfall now?
>>
>>82450901
I prefer to wait for Suicide Squad, i have fear
>>
>>82450807
>A runtime for a comic book??? What about animated adaptions like The Dark Knight Returns
A 4 issue series that was the first to require being broken into two hour and 15 minute long movies.
>or Killing Joke.
a 48 page one shot story that is admittedly being supplemented with additional content for context to fill the entirety of the hour and 15 minute movie.
Regardless, are you really trying to tell me you think a 12 issue arc can be condensed well down into a worth a shit 2 and a half hour (if they are lucky) movie?
>>
>>82441977
>posts this
>posts a laughing Chris Evans pic right after

Fucking wew
>>
I wonder how many of them would just be c-listers so they don't have to spring for big budget actors.
>>
File: 1462211282766.jpg (56 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
1462211282766.jpg
56 KB, 600x395
>>82441364
>Sources at Birth.Movies.Death...
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.