[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is pretty interesting looks like it's going to be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: SWSOR_Cv0_ds.jpg (735 KB, 1500x2307) Image search: [Google]
SWSOR_Cv0_ds.jpg
735 KB, 1500x2307
This is pretty interesting looks like it's going to be a mix of high fantasy and politics.
that man in the trenchcoat was constantine right I assume as such considering he summoned her in justice league dark but I have been mistaking a lot of blonds for the man lately been reading to much hellblazer
>>
>>82433821
At first I thought it was a little odd that they have a backup story when they could have taken the time to introduce the world instead but looking at the cover of issue one it seems there continuing that tale in this book
>>
I just finished issue one why did this only get 8 issues and a 0 issue did people just have shit taste or did it turn to shit.
>>
>>82434089
>people just have shit taste
I thought that was a given

I never read the New 52 volume, but all the 80's stuff is fantastic.
>>
>>82434136
Wait there was pre new 52 stuff what was it called
>>
>>82434157
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
>>
>>82434266
I will check it out thanks

Considering this only got a short run I will finish reading the new 52 stuff first
>>
>>82434416
Hm seems it's not on comiXology a pirating I will go I guess
>>
I get the feeling this is set during the early days of the new 52 universe certainly not the 5 year skip of everything else only way to explain her not having seen any magic on earth.
>>
>>82434569
Which even then is odd a consistent theme of DC magic has always been that it's easy for magic users to find other magic users.
>>
>>82433821
Well considering the name of the next issue yes it was him
I wish the other girl had made it though the portal to
>>
>>82433865
Ah onto a difrent backup with issue 4
>>
>>82434484
For a moment there I thought I had found it on Google play but that was some star trek thing
So yeah a pirating I go a task I'm unskilled at but eh shouldent be to hard
>>
>>82434588
Yeah looking at some other events the times involved and whatnot there no fucking way she never found any magic in 17 years on earth
>>
Ah constantine your such a fucking dickhead
Come to think of it is the new 52 constantine stuff any good I kind of liked justice league dark but constantine in a team context is a little difrent

Eh I will finish the volumes of the original hellblazer I haven't read yet first
>>
Welp at least it dident end on a cliffhanger.
They knew that was the last one so they wraped it up well while still giving a plot point for a possible return.

Was it always meant to be just that stuff or was it just not selling.
>>
File: 1429493068389.jpg (945 KB, 1280x1992) Image search: [Google]
1429493068389.jpg
945 KB, 1280x1992
Fuck Yeah Amethyst bump
>>
>>82436118
Wasn't she purposefully isolated by her mother?
>>
>>82438686
I meant her mother never found any magic on earth
>>
>>82438744
I'm operating on the theory that constantine was delibritly hiding magic from her
>>
>>82434089
It's mediocre as all hell and wasn't what people were expecting after the DC Nation shorts gave a false impression of the series.
>>
>>82434089
A lot of the really good stuff that isn't just more of the same ends up selling like dogshit. People just want their Batman and their Superman, they don't give a shit about quality or originality. Same reason the whole SJW fad is already starting to die out. You do something that's different, for better or worse, it's going to end up not selling.
>>
>>82435927
The Beowulf backup is continued with one final story in issue 19
>>
>>82441158
DC was so stupid about DC Nation.
>>
>>82433821
She looks like she was pulled out of Guild Wars 2
>>
Amethyst was so based in Future's End. Still, though, I wish they'd fully reimagined the character as a Rayearth-style fantasy magical girl, like the DC Nation shorts. More audience appeal there, and the shorts were delightful.
>>
File: justin7.jpg (43 KB, 250x303) Image search: [Google]
justin7.jpg
43 KB, 250x303
>>82433821
...is it 2011 again?

I was organizing my floppies last night and realized I have this entire run. I think I read one issue and enjoyed it enough to keep reading. I decided to hunt down the rest, then I heard it was getting cancelled. I figured I'd buy them all and read them in one sitting, but I never got around to it. Maybe I should set aside some time this weekend.

Sucks, I usually love sword and sorcery stuff. I'd kill for a Shining Knight ongoing, or even just a mini series. I suppose he's a little generic as a character, but I fucking love knights and man-out-of-time stories, so whatever.
>>
>>82438370
That horse does not seem into this.
>>
>>82442017
The visual design was pretty much the only good part of GW2, so that's not bad.
>>
>>82433821
>a mix of high fantasy and politics
No change, then.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.