[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MCU Captain America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: R9xgkBlrEn0.movieposter.jpg (31 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
R9xgkBlrEn0.movieposter.jpg
31 KB, 279x402
So now that the lid has closed on the Captain America trilogy, is there anything that /co/ wishes had been included or done differently?

Personally I wish we could have explored the whole 'man out of time' aspect of the character in greater detail. Maybe even give him a civilian identity (like in the old comics) to further emphasize this and give him space to adjust to the new time period he is in.

What about it /co/? Anything you wish the Captain America movies had done differently?
>>
What makes you think they aren't going to make a Captain America IV?
>>
Second half of Captain America should've expanded on the Howling Commandos and saved Bucky's death for the end instead of the long drawn out montage on the plane.
>>
>>82433287
Found a way to bring Red Skull back at the end of Winter Soldier or Age of Ultron, to let the final movie close out with Cap finally defeating his first villain. I get Weaving was basically done with the part so it couldn't be done, and Zemo is a fine pick to organize the Civil War, but I can wish I guess.
>>
>>82433453
>I get Weaving was basically done with the part so it couldn't be done
They could have easily replaced Weaving with a different actor.
>>
>>82433355
It'll probably be the Bucky/Falcon buddy film with Cap in tow.
>>
>>82433499
>They could have easily replaced Weaving

They could. Just as easily as they could've forced him to come back as he's obliged by contract. It seems they just didn't want to use the character. Which is a shame because Schmidt really seemed like the kind of character who would show up in more than one movie. Would've been nice if one of Hydra's big goals was trying to get him back since they were a seemingly a cult devoted to him.
>>
http://nerdist.com/anthony-mackie-and-sebastian-stan-get-silly-talking-civil-war/
holy shit give these two a movie together
>>
>>82433450
This is my one complaint about Cap1. Howling Commandos were limited to that movie only and I wish they built up the camaraderie between them all as soldiers before ripping it away. Bucky's death seemed too rushed too.
>>
>>82434974
I honestly would have been OK with TFA being all in WWII and a second movie with Cap coming to the present time but I guess they had to have him for Avengers.
>>
>>82435007
Supposedly the original draft of the film spent even less time in the 40s and had half of it in the modern era.
>>
>>82435007
Yeah it was obvious they were rushed to get him ready for the Avengers. It would have been better as two movies, and Cap3 could have been an Avengers movie instead. Oh well.
>>
>>82435160
I think the movie would've been fine as one if they restructured the third act some.
>>
I want a teamup with Deadpool
>>
1. Don't get rid of Red Skull

2. Drop Peggy Carter and make the first movie about Steve training a teenage sidekick Bucky. Teen sidekicks have yet to be done well in comic films and making Bucky a generic friend did a disservice to him. He just randomly falls halfway through the movie and then isn't brought up again. It's more powerful when Bucky sacrifices himself to save Cap/The US and Cap's got guilt over a kid doing this because he learned heroism from him.
>>
>>82433287

I would've liked more WW2.

I was actually fine with the Montage in TFA because it was a good way to rely to the udience how long his theater was and leave room for further exploration, but they never did the later.

I really wish they made more of that period.
>>
>>82433287
He died
>>
>>82435884
>Teen sidekicks have yet to be done well in comic films and making Bucky a generic friend did a disservice to him.

They did it so the same actor could play Winter Soldier. In the comics Bucky is a kid as Steve's sidekick but because he spent his WS days going in and out of cold sleep ages to about the same age as Steve in the modern day.

This wouldn't work in live action, so they had Bucky as his friend of the same age instead.
>>
>>82436012

Sure it'd work, just cast a different actor.
>>
>>82436012
it would work though, bucky got unfreezed a bunch of times to go kill people, he might have spent like 5 out of 70 years out and he could have aged from 15 to 20
>>
>>82435884
>Drop Peggy Carter
Fuck off.
>>
>>82433287
A better third act for The First Avenger. Like, take what the Russo brothers did for Cap action scenes in WS and CW and apply it there.
>>
>>82433287
I really wish we spent more time with the Howling Commandos
>>
File: literally kino.jpg (12 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
literally kino.jpg
12 KB, 500x300
Captain America: "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I can do those things, because I'm not a hero. I don't deserve this shield.

Iron Man: No, you can't! You're not!

Cap: I'm whatever the Accords needs me to be. Call it in.

Tony: They'll hunt you.

Cap: You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me, because it's what needs to happen. Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

Peter Parker: Cap? Cap! Why is he running, Mr. Stark?

Tony: Because we have to chase him.

Parker: He didn't do anything wrong.

Tony: Because, he's the hero the Avengers deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a proud patriot. A watchful protector. The First Avenger.
>>
I want Serpent Society.
>>
>>82435884
>Get rid of the only good MCU romance
>Kid Bucky instead of lifelong friends

Yeah, nah. I'll give anyone TFA should have been split but otherwise MCU Cap has been great.
>>
>>82433287
No, I wanted the serpent society. This was 1/3 Iron Man 4, 1/3 Avengers 3 and 1/3 Cap 3.

It also doesnt add anything to the overarching plot. They Are separated again like they were at the end of AoU.

I didnt like Zemo. They shitted on the comic book version, literally nothing like him at all. Its almost a new character that shares the name. It doesnt even have the fucking hood, but I guess its right when Marvel does it.
>>
>>82433287
>'man out of time'
For that we needed more WW2. The problem is that they had WW2 not even mention the Nazis and they really should of found a better balance with that. The montage of them destroying bases followed by Red Skull looking angry in his car was rather silly.
>>
The same thing I want in every Marvel film:
>A better villain.
>A better third act.
>>
>>82435884
I like them being brothers instead of mentor/sidekick. Besides, Bucky was aged in the comics as well, same as Nu52 Grayson. The age difference between him and Cap is about 4 years or something.
>>
>>82434974
>Howling Commandos were limited to that movie only
Nigga what?
https://youtu.be/tH_vVdpR6_8
>>
>>82433539
>Bucky, Sam and Steve in a beat up VW Beetle driving across America doing small-town heroics while on the run from the authorities

I would so watch that.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.