[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BRAVO GOTHAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: HATTER.png (570 KB, 932x515) Image search: [Google]
HATTER.png
570 KB, 932x515
BRAVO GOTHAM
>>
normie here, can someone explain to me the lecture of that book when Strange was on the hallway
it feels like a part of some villain lore to me
>>
>>82431917
are you serious nigga?
>>
>>82431624
If I hate this show, does that also made me a hatter?
>>
>>82431624
Wait fucking what? Did they actually add Jervis to this show?
>>
File: t0dz1xzarxbfiujbpp1a.png (130 KB, 564x271) Image search: [Google]
t0dz1xzarxbfiujbpp1a.png
130 KB, 564x271
S1 was much much worse which made me drop it.

"Ivy!" when first introduced by her mom, when she could've just said Pamela. And comic book readers would pick up on that easter egg. Fuck didn't even need to say the name when they were in a house full of plants.

I heard Dick Grayson's parents made an appearance in later Gotham S1 or S2. Did they say something like i hope my child doesn't grow up to be a dick or something? Or their favorite bird is a robin?
>>
>>82433064
>Flash makes meme reference
>epic based cereal king!
>Gotham makes random harmless reference
>this is the worst thing ever
>>
>>82432967
Nah this was an episode about Azrael there were just a few Wonderland references in the episode hinting that Strange is gonna use his mind control tech to create Hatter and possibly the rest of the wonderland gang

>>82433064
First half of season 1 was executive mandated police pocedurals after that the show went crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hot9PEFf_Ho
>>
>>82433064
>"Ivy!" when first introduced by her mom, when she could've just said Pamela
I thought that on the show she was literally called Ivy Pepper or some bullshit.
>>
>>82433202
She is
>>
>>82433124
It's very on the nose, like each of these easter eggs (which are supposed to be subtle, right?) Changing Pamela to Ivy for no reason, having everyone call Selina 'Cat' and so on can't even be called easter eggs at this point.
>>
>>82431624
that's a real phrase

but yeah, considering later in the episode they bring out Alice they are probably doing Jervis soon
>>
>>82434238
Have you considered that maybe they weren't supposed to be easter eggs?
>>
>>82434270
That....is not a good thing, espically if it's the case with the OP.
>>
>>82433064
They are almost certainly planning something with Ivy considering everything else they've done. She's an orphaned street urchin right now and she's had run ins with doctors in the past; the show just hasn't gotten to it.

Cat is a street nickname. Her name is still Selina, and people still call her that.
>>
>>82434303
I'm saying that they were never intended to be clever references that only certain people would get. They were never trying to be as subtle as you think they were trying to be.
>>
>>82434303

When Bruce saw a bat fly into his house that inspired him to become Batman, did you think that was on the nose too?

People's inspirations come from places. Gotham is a show about the development of these characters. It's not a comic book knowledge trivia contest where you're expected to pick out tiny details.

It's a story. They will tell you what you are supposed to know.
>>
>>82433137
>Wonderland Gang

I didn't even think of that. A proto-Wonderland Gang would be pretty cool though. Especially with Strange being all obsessed with identities right now; Jervis is the perfect character to capitalize on all that.
>>
>>82434367
Then, by this logic, as a comic fan, I should not be watching this show because I already know the story being told? Are comic fans not part of the target audience?
>>
>>82434238
>It's very on the nose,

>She uses robot bees......She wears bug glasses.....The Bug Eyed Bandit!
>You want a gun that shoots gold... I'll name you.....Golden Glider!
>>
>>82434443
>because I already know the story being told?

But you don't. You know the endgame. That's completely different.

Every other iteration of Batman focuses on Gotham and his rouges in the context of HIM. His villains are created and die under his tenure. Gotham is about the residents of Gotham without Batman, and their relationship with the city and one another. It's about how those villains grew to be threats that match Batman, and how Gotham grew to be a place where Batman is needed.
>>
>>82434459
I did not say Flash wasn't just as on the nose, but a show that is held on such a higher pedestal, as far as network television goes, should be better than that, right?
>>
>season 1 of Gotham
>alfred says "Thomas told me to never take Bruce to a psychologist"
>season 2 of Gotham
>all about Hugo Strange's adventures in psychiatric malpractice

sasuga Gotham
>>
it's a shame that The Question is going to be on Arrow. A Question show done by the Gotham crew would be GOAT
>>
>>82431624
fucking lmao

>gotham
>good
ahahahahahahahaha XD
>>
>>82435555
but gotham is the best show on TV???
>>
>>82434459
At least Flash blatantly doesn't make any attempt at being clever about it. It's the difference between making a dumb joke and laughing because it's dumb and making the same joke but laughing cause you actually think it's good.

Like calling Selina 'Cat' is just so dumb. It's like when they literally changed Dick's name to Robin in TDKR just so people understand who they are referencing.
>>
>>82435658
but they didn't change her name.
>>
>>82433124
When the show takes itself more seriously, it's a lot more laughable.
>>
>>82432967
Azrael only had jumbled memories when he came back to life (cause ya know, bringing someone back doesnt exacly mean theyll be sane). Since his family was part of the order of st dumas he was quoting lines from a book nonstop so Strange decided to use that book as a template and make him think he really was Azrael. Before that they said he was as mad as a hatter. Since it worked so well on this guy he decided when he brings other people back he will have stories ready to program into each of them while saying "I love this book" and started quoting lines from Alice in Wonderland.
>>
>>82435699
>Gotham
>Taking itself seriously
>>
>>82435723
furthermore
>flash
>not taking itself seriously
>>
>>82435658
>It's like when they literally changed Dick's name to Robin in TDKR just so people understand who they are referencing.

It's been a few years and I am still mad.
>>
>>82435701
ah , the beginning of Strange's manipulating and creating insane supervillain
>>
>>82435701

The explanation for this was pretty good too. His psyche was basically trying to piece itself together but it chose the wrong part of his brain to use, choosing his religious teachings instead of his actual identity. Strange explains that the psyche needs some kind of persona to give itself some kind of functional template. When you get brought back from the dead you basically need some reason to go on, and somebody without a strong persona to hold you together you come completely unraveled.

Basically Jung applied to Capes.
>>
>>82435858
it's better than "time remnants"
>>
>>82434879

The best part is that Thomas actually knew Strange.
>>
>>82436944
yep. pretty sure it was intentional
>>
thomas hurt when
>>
could there be a possibility that Thomas Waynes body was acquisitioned by Strange and we could get a Thomas Wayne Batman?
>>
File: 1420073560587.png (488 KB, 322x387) Image search: [Google]
1420073560587.png
488 KB, 322x387
>>82431624

Holy shit, that's Huang from Law & Order: SVU

And looking it up, he also played Li Shang from Mulan

Holy fuck!
>>
>>82437039
I dunno about that. I guess it's possible?
>>
>>82437061
thats sulu man
>>
>>82437061
Huang put on a lot of weight compared to how I remember him.
>>
I just watched the episode, after the mediocre episode last week, this sure was an unexpected peak.
>>
File: 1461865390349.gif (1 MB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
1461865390349.gif
1 MB, 256x196
>>82437061
>Hugo Strange sung "Make a man out of you"
>>
I'm really glad the showrunners don't care about tumblr/facebook, this show has enough fangirls who want Jerome back, more Cat/Bruce moments and Azrael death and the showrunners don't give a fuck.
>>
>>82436944
>Strange probably expected him to get sent for an evaluation since "oh I was a good friend of your father"
>all the shit strange he mustve had planned for Bruce
>>
>>82431917

Alice in Wonderland? Mad Hatter?

Seriously, guy?
>>
>>82431983
>>82438728
yeah i should explain about that, also im not american so Alice in Wonderland its not a big part of everyone' childhood, to the rest of the world is not popular child's tale
>mad hater part
i said that i was a normie, i don't even read comics
>>
lel
>>
>>82439985
Are you UK? Alice was pretty big there too.
>>
>>82439985
>Alice in Wonderland
>american
Fucking Johnny Foreigners...

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/president-xi-slips-up-over-house-of-cards/
>‘A little while ago during his official visit to Britain I was invited to meet President Xi of China. In order to mark the occasion I decided to give him an original and now rather rare hardback copy of the book. He looked at it perplexed. ‘What,’ he said, ‘you have House of Cards in this country, too?’
>>
>>82435528
Please tell me you're lying
>>
This show is great and the Batman freaks need to get over themselves. If they want the Batman from the comic books then maybe they should read the comic book....cause he's right there in the comic. Or maybe realize how smart this show has been with the lore of Gotham. Sprinkling Azrael with some bits of Reaper is a great move by the show runners.
>>
>>82437678
Oh, they definitely do, but they don't let it phase them.

Remember when people joked about Jim being homeless, and then they made sure to mention that he had an apartment? Or when everyone complained about Barbara being the worst and then they made her 10/10?

They listen to valid complaints but don't pander. Otherwise we'd have Fish Mooney all the time.
>>
>>82444161
Nope. Arrow is going to Hub CitY and they're introducing a new character.

>>82444531
I don't understand how comics fans don't like it. Except for a slight bending here or there there's nothing that really conflicts with the comics as a whole in Gotham at all, just a story here or there like Year One or Killing Joke.

They get the mythos and themes better than any other cape show gets the their source material, so I don't understand the criticism at all.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.