[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endtown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 114
File: 450px-Endtown18x24.jpg (27 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
450px-Endtown18x24.jpg
27 KB, 450x600
If I don't like it by 3 years in should I just give up? I know I'm not even half way. I just got to Marx.

Also general endtown discussion thread I guess, I know /co/ seems to love it even if I don't
>>
>>82431200
You don't have to like anything.

If you think you do, you're stoopid.
>>
>>82431200

Nah, Marx is a bad as it gets.

It really hits the fan after that though.
>>
>>82431200
It continuously gets better after Marx, specifically when they get to Endtown and he buggers off.

But like >>82431870 , nothing says you have to like it. I know that many people love ice cream and chocolate yet I hate both of those things.
>>
>>82431200
If it's not for you, it's not for you. I'd consider reading past the Marx bits, though, he can put a real damper on a person's enthusiasm for the comic.
>>
>>82433184

I wonder what the rats did before the war. Were they always pieces of shit?
>>
>>82431200

NO, it gets better + the dittos <3
>>
>>82431200
It somehow manages to get better and better, but if you didn't like it at least a bit by now, it's simply not for you. And that is fine.
>>
>>82435521
Lawyers and civil servants.
>>
>>82435826

I wonder if people mutate based on their personalities.

Doc was a bear before he mutated into one.
Linda mutated into a koala because she's fucking stupid.
Holly mutated into a mouse because she's neurotic, small-brained, and will die in 2-3 years.
>>
>>82435866
Doc's a badger, still a suitably grumpy animal.

*Walt* is a bear, which kind of fits with his generally laid-back nature (complete with a hidden side capable of having a good roar at people).
>>
>>82435964

And Walt was probably a bear before the war if you know what I mean.
>>
>>82431200
Post Marx is when it really picks up steam! Keep reading it!
>>
>>82436018
You shouldn't force those things, anon. It's ok not to like some things as much as others.

I mean, I bet you liked the comic before Marx even appeared. He did not. There is little chance he will.
>>
>>82435521
People in the GoComics comments keep saying that Aaron has remarked that the rats were never human to begin with, though I haven't seen where he did that.
>>
>>82435521
From the looks of the update, former police officers. Given the state of the world when they mutated it makes sense that they're that fun brand of cops who aren't any good at deescalating situations.
>>
>>82435866
Wonder what YOU would mutate into, anon?
>>
File: Max_Goof_Glasses.jpg (26 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Max_Goof_Glasses.jpg
26 KB, 600x399
Go to http://endtown.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

click "Random"

This is your new Endtown waifu/husbando. Better get used to them.
>>
File: sadness.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
Welp, I'm caught up with the comic. Pic fucking related.

I'm really digging the worldbuilding. Admittedly, a lot is similar to Fallout but it has enough unique rules and conventions to set it apart. I loved how goddamn terrifying schism syndrome actually is compared to how it was described. Given all the stuff Jim knew about Wally's history, I'm under the impression it's a lot more existentially terrifying then we think.
>>
>>82439262
>click "Random"
>get Roxie

Aw, but I hated that cunt.
>>
File: 141687480574.png (17 KB, 155x171) Image search: [Google]
141687480574.png
17 KB, 155x171
>>82431200
>Not exclusively reading the important bits via the wiki links and panhandling
>>
>>82439262
>Dottie

I can get behind this
>>
>>82431200
>If I don't like it by 3 years in should I just give up?

Probably. The comic maintains the same tone from there on. Marx isn't the best, but as with anything /co/ has a fairly irrational way of seeing things. He's part of the comic, and the comic is an angsty post-apocalypse comic about animal people being sad. If that's not your thing, that's just not your thing. I'm still surprised I like it myself, actually. I don't think I've ever read a comic where people cry so damn much as in Endtown. I mean, prequel sells itself as "making a cat cry", but it has nothing on Endtown.

I think /co/ just enjoys animal people being miserable.
>>
>>82431200
>If I don't like it by 3 years in should I just give up?

if you don't like it, don't read it

if you don't read it, don't post threads about it
>>
File: image.gif (4 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4 MB, 640x360
>>82439262
>get flask
>mfw I am now Marx
>>
>>82439262
I'm confused

I get Heavy Weapons Guy in a Topsider suit?
>>
>>82439485
Well, at least your waifu did nothing wrong.
>>
File: poifect.jpg (11 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
poifect.jpg
11 KB, 250x236
>>82439262
>Kirbee
>>
>>82439305
Jim's case was "special". You don't usually get possessed by an eldritch horror.
>>
>>82439610
You think Schizm Syndrome is going to come to Endtown bigtime?
>>
>>82439648
I would be very surprised if it didn't. It's been what, two months since we've last seen it and it was already falling to shit when Holly and Wally left.
>>
>>82439648
It happened in the beginning immediately post-war because mutated people simply couldn't accept their new animal side. For the most part, Endtown citizens have had 6 or more years to get used to being whatever they are. So the chances of people cracking up now are not too high, but Gustine was cracking so maybe it has something to do with how comfortable they are living in Endtown.

Maybe everyone really is just lying to themselves, and they are all just one bad day from going feral.
>>
>>82439262

>Dk's robot oc

he's cool and all, but i dont feel like humping a bunch of metal parts...
>>
>>82439481

don't be dick, it's an honest question...
>>
>>82439724
My point is akin to this Anon's: >>82439713

Endtown is slowly drifting back to a pre-war state. As Albert said, a lot of people in Endtown want to pretend the war never happened. The city (village?) is filled with people who suffer from some serious PTSD, some of whom have never come to terms with their animal nature. And now they're throwing old-school politics in there to manage it all?

As you say, I don't think there's a point where you're "safe" from Schizm Syndrome.
>>
>>82431200
Man, I'm glad I started reading this. I thought this was just some furry webcomic, but no. It's post-apocalyptic.

It has the tone of something like Metro 2033 and the realism of Adventure Time. It's everything I wanted AT's post-apocalypse episodes to be and so much more.

Thanks /co/!
>>
>>82439840
My guess is that it has something to do with the true nature of Amesworth Radiation. We know quite a bit about the specific way it effects organic matter but we know nothing about its discovery or its source. It'll probably shed some light on why it turns conscious people into abominations and why schism syndrome gives people the ability to see into the past.

I'm kind of hoping Marx isn't the key to the answer but it's pretty obvious he is.
>>
>>82439918
I can deal a lot better with Marx than most /co/mrades, it seems. I'm a big Star Trek fan, and Star Trek is filled to the brim with characters like Marx. Seemingly all-powerful, mysterious aliens who operate on a level that's completely different from the rest of the universe, and whose internal motivations we can only guess at, no matter how clear they seem. Q is one of them, and he seems to enjoy messing with humanity out of sheer interest, but also to teach people lessons. Almost as if to guide their development. But another just wanted to live on a planet with his human wife, never using his powers. Especially not to kill. Then an alien race attacked, and he killed them. He killed them all. The Organians, on the other hand, enforced a peace between the Feds and the Klingons that led to the two being steadfast allies in TNG and DS9.

And having seen the various captains deal with these guys, I have a frame of reference for Marx. To me, he seems a lot like the Q, or Trelane. Mostly harmless. But only mostly. Like a fey creature from old folklore who has managed to grow a little empathy.
>>
>>82439262
I can live with this.
I just hope she survives.
>>
>>82439875
I said this last thread, but it never looked furry to me. At least, not in the sense that most furry webcomics look. What kept me away was the newspaper comic look. I tend not to like comics with that look, and any attempt at serious storytelling tends to fall flat.

And the first few pages confirmed my suspicions. I wouldn't have kept reading if I hadn't noticed that Aaron actually drew Gustine as a proper fat woman. That little detail told me he takes things seriously. I'm glad I kept reading, too. He's really tight with his storytelling, and the art sells it well. There are parts that I like less, but after those first few pages there hasn't been a time where I DIDN'T want to know what was on the next page.

I'm used to webcomics spending a lot of time on nothing. Even the best ones do it. But Endtown is really efficient with its storytelling. That's what I like the most about it.
>>
>>82440086
I don't hate Marx or anything. It's just that having him be the key to the secret of Amesworth Radiation would be way too convenient for my tastes. I'm fine with him being the source of exposition involving the reincarnation lifestream, though.

I actually appreciate that the story has been using him sparingly because he's the type of character who could easily overstay their welcome. I dig that he's obviously an homage to Q but that type of character works better in small doses.
>>
>>82440200
It has only a couple, subtle conventions you see in furry comics (Holly and Wally, a couple who are opposite species with cute, rhyming names is a good example) but its nothing major at all. Plus, the species politics actually make sense within the context of the world. It only got a bit heavy-handed during the Milk Three trial and even then it was more about the nature of how the community deals with mutations.
>>
>>82440262
>I dig that he's obviously an homage to Q but that type of character works better in small doses.

As Voyager has keenly proven.

It's fitting that my favorite Q episode is Tapestry, where Picard relives his past. Seems very appropriate for Endtown.

I think Marx is about to show up again. We've got another skyship, another ditto flashback. I'm excited to see what's going to happen after this flashback. That's what I like about Endtown's flashback sequences. They're relevant to the current day, just like in Tapestry. I think it's a rather clever device, really.
>>
>>82440348
What got me reading was a post on /trash/ explaining that the mutation mattered a lot in the storytelling. I had heard of it thanks to /co/, and looked at a few pages, but rejected it for reasons specified. I knew they were critters because of some mutation thing, but I thought it was just a background element.

Well, Albert and Gustine's arc deals heavily with this, so I was surprised 4chan was right for once. Then there was the transformation scene of those topsiders. That's where I knew for certain this wasn't going to be just a regular webcomic.
>>
>>82440355
>I think it's a rather clever device, really.

Agreed. Plus, the fact that they're facilitated by dittos really gives it that extra punch of the already harsh environment kicking the one having the flashback while they're down.
>>
>>82439918
I'm pretty sure amesworth =/= the mutagen. The general theory around here is that "I" and the mutagen are one and the same.
>>
>>82440138

of course she will!

also carefull with posting pics like that, janitors have a hate boner for endtown stuff... clean stuff will get you banned here.
>>
>>82440513
Now that you mention it I remember reading about them being different on the wiki. Radiation turns you to dust, the virus mutates. It always seemed like they were somehow linked, though.
>>
>>82440618
The link is that both are marks of the apocalypse, and neither exists in real life. So our minds are quick to say that they must be related.
>>
>>82440618
I think the only link is indirect. The theory we've been rolling on around here says that "I" feeds on misery, fear and suffering, so it gorged itself in that final "Oh shit!" moment right before the world got amesworth'd and is now well-fed enough to be omnipresent.

Additionally, Jim's... episode... may point to some kind of critical mass having recently been reached.
>>
>>82440657
Also people naturally link "mutation" and "radiation".
>>
>>82440695
Yeah, I was definitely under that impression. Like I said before, the way the characters described schism syndrome made you think "oh, they just go full animal and start wrecking things." What happened to Jim was otherworldly. It really makes me want to see what's happening in Endtown right now.
>>
File: Niiiiiice.gif (560 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Niiiiiice.gif
560 KB, 480x270
>>82439262

>Dottie

>>82439537
Patrician husbando
>>
>>82440355
I'm a trek fan myself, but I can't stand Marx. I'm personally hoping for a reappearance of a surviving Sparkplug, now using the same torture the dittos inflicted on him on other people...
>>
>>82440772
Well yeah, Aaron's said usually they just turn into yowling homicidal maniacs.

I'm actually dreading going back to Endtown, both on the meta level because going back promises an end to Wally and Holly's story, which is pretty much the comic for me, and on an in-story level because I have a horrible suspicion there's going to be human detention camps of some kind involved.
>>
>>82440878
Human detention camps if we're lucky. Political and social issues don't hold a candle to the nightmare fuel of schism syndrome.

Also, going back to Endtown really reminds me of Trouble on the Homefront from Fallout 3.
>>
File: Untitled.png (122 KB, 602x595) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
122 KB, 602x595
>>
>>82440988
Have you seen the theory that all that's been happening to Holly (especially having all her scar tissue ripped away at once by the dittos) is gonna drive her so far around the bend that she becomes "I's" prime choice for a main host and avatar? Aaron implied that Jim was somehow non-optimal/not ideal.
>>
>>82440988
Schism isn't really that big of a deal. Jim was an exceptional case rather than the norm. The entire population of Endtown aren't going to suffer complete mental collapse at the drop of a hat.
>>
File: star vs.png (522 KB, 677x501) Image search: [Google]
star vs.png
522 KB, 677x501
AL was part of the council right? he was talking to them with his ham radio. But if Marx rigged them, and it turns out they were never even in their cells, why would he have been included in the first place? also, was the council real, or completely made up apart from al?
>>
>>82441175
Keep in mind that I started the comic yesterday and just caught up today so I'm still getting on board with a lot of the theories and speculation. It does sound like an interesting development given how emotionally and psychologically damaged she's become.

>>82441195
I never meant that it would just suddenly happen. I'd imagine it would be like the mutation outbreak before the war. Truth about what's going on being obscured by rumors and paranoia being fed by the corrupt. It'd be a slow boil before shit finally hits the fan. History repeating itself and all that.
>>
>>82441300
It gets better, there's a side theory that says it wants to use her to birth the first of those red things from Wally's dream-vision, perhaps using her and Wally's child, if the theory that she's currently pregnant is also true.
>>
>>82441280
He needed Albert to be there in order for someone to get the word out. It was a double gambit. Allgood thought he was packing the council, and wanted the trial to happen. But that's what Jackrabbit and his retro-looking stoat friend intended, banking on Allgood's complete lack of support among the community.

Marx seems to be playing some sort of long con with this. He needed representative democracy to return to Endtown, for some reason. Maybe to get Wally and Holly out, maybe for something else entirely.
>>
>>82441280
I doubt all 5 members were changed at the same time, so they were still in the process of cycling out the real people when the whole cake thing hit (which they couldn't control the timing of). 4 was enough for them to still go ahead, so they did.
>>
>>82441386
Not him, but it's weird how there's so much speculation about this comic. I'll believe it when I see it. Let's get out of the flashback, first. I can't make any sort of judgement call until I know what happened to Holly, and why we're looking at this flashback.
>>
File: Hmmm.gif (284 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.gif
284 KB, 900x900
>>82441493
Oh, there's speculation about that too.

>Holly gets caught by NDDC
>Tortured and experimented on
>Rescued by Chase
>Years later...

People around here just love guessing games.
>>
>>82441564
I have a massive weakness for speculation and rumor mills so this comic is right up my alley.
>>
>>82441640
Don't get mugged for surface goods.
>>
>>82441300
>I never meant that it would just suddenly happen. I'd imagine it would be like the mutation outbreak before the war. Truth about what's going on being obscured by rumors and paranoia being fed by the corrupt. It'd be a slow boil before shit finally hits the fan. History repeating itself and all that.
I don't get what that has to do with schism though. It's a breakdown related to specific personal circumstance, it's not something people can spread.
>>
>>82441564
I think this speculation based on that panel is false. Previously, Holly objected to a topsider dome being nuked by Flask. Who was also tortured and experimented on.

You have to remember her state of mind. Those heaps of dust they're standing in used to be people not too long ago. What happened in Endtown, and travelling across the surface really did a number on Holly. It doesn't have to be a deepseated trauma. She's had a very recent one.
>>
>>82441789
>Previously, Holly objected to a topsider dome being nuked by Flask. Who was also tortured and experimented on.

Wasn't that after she dismissed them as "just Topsiders" in conversation with Wally and then had a bit of a moment upon hearing herself say that, though?
>>
File: 1461952727328.gif (144 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
1461952727328.gif
144 KB, 600x595
>>82441789
>>82441846
Yeah, here it is, was posted in a previous thread.
>>
>>82441769
You're totally right but it's still something that could breed paranoia in the community that could be easily exploited. I'm not saying that it's going to be a beat for beat recreation of World War 3 but I would expect some parallels in terms of how it affects Endtown, especially considering their switch to old world government.
>>
>>82441846
>>82441882
Fair enough, but that was also while Flask was about to blow the entire thing up. She's not just dismissing them as only being topsiders, but as Wally sacrificing himself (and possibly all of them) to save them. Which I think is an important nuance. When they were down on the surface, she seemed to be completely onboard with stopping Flask.

I'd say this is just more of a sign that Holly's morality is flexible, while Wally's is rigid, which jibes with what I said earlier. Holly's reaction here is quite natural. Would YOU want someone you love to sacrifice themselves to save people who would happily condemn you to a fate worse than death, even if they knew what you did?

That's just the strength of Endtown, though. The way I see it, neither Wally, nor Holly, nor Flask were wrong. They just had different ways of seeing things. And with that in the back of my mind, I don't think Holly being hostile to topsiders needs to point to a traumatic experience being experimented on. The experiences we've already seen are perfectly in line with her behaviour.
>>
>>82442083
Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree then. I do think her reaction to herself saying that points to a two-layer personality: the older Holly with deep behavioural biases, and her "Angel of Endtown" persona, who tries to be even-handed and helpful to everyone simply because "[she's] Holly Hollister!".

It'll be interesting to see if she does get captured (or if you take her "nobody's ever captured me" stuff literally, go with them willingly - she's previously displayed inordinate faith in both Apex and the Neitherland government, if I'm remembering right, so she might numbly accept if they tell her they can help her). She might also just suddenly appear in Chase's back seat - she's small, fast and very quiet when she wants to be. It depends on how quickly she can recover some small amount of equilibrium.
>>
>>82431200
If the Sparkplug arc didn't hook you, then the comic probably isn't for you. Also Marx is the worst thing about the comic.
>>
>>82439262
>I got Holly

Booooooooooooooooooo!
I knew the odds were in would get her or Kirbee, since 80% of the fan art is of them both.

I wanted best girl Maude.......Linda is fine too
>>
>>82439262
Kirbee.
I can deal with this
>>
>>82442083
>I'd say this is just more of a sign that Holly's morality is flexible, while Wally's is rigid
I wouldn't say that, Wally saw as wrong kill all that topsiders but he hadn't a problem letting all the lizards die. That's one thing i really like about Endtown: many characters can act in a hypocritical way but then you think What you would do in a situation like that?
>>
>>82442044
Except it's apparently common knowledge at this point. Gustine, Chase, Wally, Holly and all the lizards were already aware of it. The only person who wasn't when the subject was raised was Sarah, but she'd only been a mutant for a day.

And even with them knowing it, the risk of it didn't even come up once with Linda, even though they knew she was relatively freshly mutated with plenty of reason to hate herself, especially with never seeing her child again. Or after the trauma of the trial.

Don't get me wrong, being a mutant is a hotbed for mental health issues, but it doesn't all revolve around schism.
>>
>Linda passes her aptitude test so well she's cleared to work in any field - presumably including very technical work like architecture, hydroponics, lab work, or physical work like construction, security, or excavation.
>Takes all this limitless potential and makes her work at a cafe

Good job mouse
>>
File: fthryh56u5u5tut.png (107 KB, 503x508) Image search: [Google]
fthryh56u5u5tut.png
107 KB, 503x508
>>82442484
>I wanted best girl Maude.......Linda is fine too

>implying dottie is not best girl
>>
>>82442752
>implying it wasn't all part of Marx plan
>>
File: endtown-2012-11-09.gif (281 KB, 900x893) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2012-11-09.gif
281 KB, 900x893
>>82442752
Linda couldn't make up her mind on what she considered herself, let alone what she wanted to do in the community

Holly helped by providing some forceful direction.
>>
>>82442484
You don't want Holly? I'll take her. She needs love.

Unlike Kirbee, the emotions she feels are genuine and heartfelt, since they have a basis in a personality that is built upon hardship traits instead of a single "airhead" personality archetype..
>>
>>82442917
>Unlike Kirbee, the emotions she feels are genuine and heartfelt, since they have a basis in a personality that is built upon hardship traits instead of a single "airhead" personality archetype..

this, anyone who thinks kirbee is capable of displaying emotion must be fucking brain dead, just like kirbee...
>>
>>82442656
>but he hadn't a problem letting all the lizards die.

What do you mean? It's not that Wally didn't feel it, just that there was nothing in his power to stop it.
>>
>>82442083
Wally accidentally killed someone and vowed to never kill again.

Holly is prepared to kill to protect the people she cares about. Even though this attitude backfired spectacularly in her past, she didn't really learn from it like Wally did from his mistake. Now that it's all been dredged up again, perhaps she might.
>>
File: endtown-2014-01-20.gif (298 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2014-01-20.gif
298 KB, 900x900
>>82443027
>Holly is prepared to kill

She TRIED to be prepared to kill

it is simply not in her nature and never will be. Even after everything she held on to is gone, she is still not a killer.

Wally will kill again. He may or may not have a choice, but he WILL kill again.
>>
>>82443187
I swear Holly's teeth have been growing longer out in the Great Waste.

Girl needs to find herself a piece of wood to gnaw on before bad things happen, dentally.
>>
>>82443242
It'd be a nice detail

wonder if it's intentional
>>
>>82443027
Now this bring a new problem to the picture: is a post-apocalyptic world, here survives the stronger not the nicest. You wanted or not kill is a option and if you want to get to the next day you will have to do what you will have to do
>>
>>82443020
There were enough dittos to cover all of them. He didn't have to leave them all to die.

He was prepared to risk his own life to save topsiders from Flask indiscriminately killing them, but then here he does nothing. This time when it personally affected him, suddenly he wasn't so bothered by his conscience.
>>
File: endtown-2011-03-03.gif (39 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2011-03-03.gif
39 KB, 600x595
>>82443288
This.

Wally has to live with this.
>>
>>82443268
I'm certainly wondering myself.

On the one hand Aaron doesn't seem to be too concerned with keeping the anthros too biologically close to their sources (they're more like cartoon characters, even in-universe), but on the other hand people have said Aaron confirmed things like shortened lifespans based on species, species-accurate reproductive equipment and so on, and I'm pretty sure he's also friends with the guy who draws Doc Rat, so he might know about the tooth-thing.
>>
>>82443308
If he had covered all of them, they would probably have all tried to murder him, Holly and Chick per Sarah's direction.
>>
>>82443392
Now you're just generalizing like Flask did with the topsiders
>>
File: endtown-2012-03-09.gif (114 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2012-03-09.gif
114 KB, 600x595
>>82443389
He knows (through no shortage of helpful fans) that mice prefer peanut butter to cheese, but yeah he basically said it follows and I quote "stupid cartoon logic"

Headcanon is that what the person mutating subconsciously expects of the animal they are patterned after directly reflects on them.

Look at this panel for example. Koalas can get very, very angry indeed, they are only mellow because eucalyptus is fucking toxic and makes them high as shit. But Linda doesn't know that.
>>
File: end.end110307.gif (43 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
end.end110307.gif
43 KB, 600x590
>>82443358
Allie's reaction was the most brutal way anyone could show the fault in his personal philosophy. She literally threw the consequences of his choice in his face.
>>
>>82443450
But was she wrong?
>>
File: endtown-2015-06-22.gif (272 KB, 900x920) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2015-06-22.gif
272 KB, 900x920
>>82443450

they were going to murder him for beating phil, what do you think they would do to him after buying into sarah's lies??
>>
>>82443358
This page is a proof that Wally is just fooling himself at believe he can just wander the waste without use violence. He wanted to escape from that only to found a world where that is necessary to survive
>>
>>82443506
So it may be down to whether or not *Holly* knew about the tooth-thing.
>>
Hey, is booru anon here?
>>
>>82443506
>Headcanon is that what the person mutating subconsciously expects of the animal they are patterned after directly reflects on them.

How does that allow for babies mutating in the womb, though? They don't know anything about the animals they're turning into... or anything else for that matter...
>>
>>82443646

which one
>>
>>82443678
It's just a headcanon, anon

there is obviously a deciding factor outside the victims mind that we don't know about yet.

You are right, it'd be hard to pinpoint a persons personality traits and pattern an appropriate species after them while they are still a fetus.
>>
>>82443678
This bring me a question: Does newborn mutants know what kind of animals they are? Hell, does they even know what a animal is?
>>
>>82443722
The one in charge of layout, with the ability to swapping out the counter characters
>>
>>82443777

oh, well no idea where he is...
>>
>>82443754
Well, there is the matter of reincarnation, and as has been remarked, the fact that Flask retained her anthro nature past rebirth suggests that it's an element of the soul that seems to "stick", not genetics - perhaps something to do with the morphic field.

What I'm saying is, maybe in the Endtown universe fetuses do have a base personality for the mutagen to draw a new shape from, if eveyone's taken at least one spin on the cosmic merry-go-round already.

It would also suggest that there are going to be some very confused parents in neighbouring realities.
>>
>>82443392
Only if they could actually see him. Since he was in control, he could just as easily keep his group hidden from the lizards as well as the drones. Or return enough dittos to let them go their own way; they weren't going to stick around to try and hunt them down with the drones overhead.

There were plenty of ways to resolve it. Point is, he didn't even try.
>>
File: endtown-2015-03-16.gif (312 KB, 900x919) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2015-03-16.gif
312 KB, 900x919
>>82443923
Can't blame him. Those lizards were assholes
>>
>>82443308

...because that group of lizards had announced they were going to kill them?

Different from those topsiders colonies, who had even children?
>>
>>82443288
And that's why Sarah did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82443308

is this argument again...
>>
>>82444088
What about the ones that didn't want to see the fight like Kirbee?
>>
>>82444274

kirbee was the only one, and she made it
>>
>>82444110
The lizard colony had children too, who they were unlikely to leave behind.

But they all had to die because Wally didn't like the people at the front of the group?
>>
>>82444320

the babies were fucking dead to begin with, jimgod killed them all... stop strawmanning.
>>
>>82444318
You never ask how they manage to get out of the colony? Everyone who was in the fight died
>>
>>82444274
Kirbee was the ONLY one

except for the one lizard they had watching the eggs. But she was only own there because she HAD to watch the eggs.

It's easy to see why Holly disliked Kirbee so much after that. She personally found the egg eating very wrong. Wally was OK with it tho...
>>
>>82444354
That was only the infants. That's not all the children.
>>
>>82444320
The situations were wildly different. Flask was going to kill the Topsiders in the most brutal way possible all for revenge. Wally let the lizards get killed because the only alternative was for everyone who he cared about getting killed. Comparing Wally's actions to Flask just doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>82443915
>It would also suggest that there are going to be some very confused parents in neighbouring realities.

Don't forget that "someone's stealing shoes", though.

Which says to me that mutant souls are being yoinked by I for some purpose.

Which in turn says to me that maybe, some time in the next nine years, we're going to see every anthro who ever died in Endtown (without being "chauffeured" to another reality) trapped inside I and begging the current arc protagonist for release.
>>
>>82444443
>Wally was OK with it tho...
He was? I don't remember him giving a opinion about that
>>
>>82444466
Topsiders do awful, awful things. Every mutant suffers daily because of Topsiders. They admit it themselves they are bad, bad people.
>>
>>82444504

he did, he mentioned how many colonies did it to survive.
>>
File: endtown-2014-05-06.gif (294 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2014-05-06.gif
294 KB, 900x900
>>82444504

here
>>
>>82444431
>You never ask how they manage to get out of the colony?

all those who already bought into sarah's bullshit, in their eyes wally started the fire... they were going to rip him a new asshole.
>>
Gonna send Aaron an e-mail to ask about some stuff.

Anyone want to hit me with some questions I can send along the way?
>>
>>82444573
>Not exactly...

I think that this was before Aaron changed his mind about the lizards engaging in cannibalistic orgies, one of which was supposed to involve Sarah eating Jim
>>
>>82444530
Moral ambiguity is the name of the game and you don't seem to understand the rules. Just because a society or culture does despicable things doesn't mean that there aren't individuals within it who are guilty of the same atrocities.

Plus, that's not even the main point I was trying to get across. It can't be denied that, regardless of the nature of Topsiders are, Flask's actions were inherently selfish and had nothing to do with the well-being of Endtown. I'm not saying she was necessarily wrong. I'm just saying that her reasoning is vastly different than Wally's.
>>
>>82444539
>>82444573
Wally has repeated several times that he did all kind of things in the waste, is possible that he in fact ate other mutants?
>>
>>82444443
>Kirbee was the ONLY one
Kirbee proves that sympathetic lizards did still exist in the colony. Which is more than can be said for the topsiders, none of whom have been remotely sympathetic unless they mutate. Yet Wally still knew indiscriminate retribution against the topsiders would be wrong.
>>
>>82444637
I wonder who was going to go into God Mode, then?

Maybe Holly really IS the real target and she's merely gotten a reprieve...
>>
>>82444628
There was one thing I was curious about. Marx's ship used dittos as a user interface; does this mean all dittos are extra-terrestrial in origin (which escaped and bred), or was the ship just harvesting and domesticating them like everybody else does?
>>
>>82444628
Has the weather of the world changed drastically? I ask this because i have never see a rain in the wasteland ( obviously since is a desert) but we also know that there's something more beyond all the dust, and i have the doubt if the virus affects plants so there's a possibility that new environments have been created?
>>
>>82444637
They did have other food (like the stuff they had looted which later made it into the sacks), but they weren't going to waste it on a bunch of outsiders.
>>
File: aaron.jpg (9 KB, 195x274) Image search: [Google]
aaron.jpg
9 KB, 195x274
Wew lad, I'm not liking this Marx thing one bit.
>>
>>82445586

no one does, don't worry though... it will get alot fucking better past him...
>>
>>82445736
Glad to hear that. I hope to see another one of these threads in a week or so.
>>
>>82442917
Kirbee has a crush on Wally because he has been nice to her. And the guy saved her life. Not really hard to see why she has developed feelings for the guy.
>>
>>82444354
I still think Sarah killed the babies and started the fire.
>>
>>82445898

she will probably jump on the next guy she sees in endtown.
>>
>>82444628
How does Al handle a big gal like Gustine?
>>
>>82445956

well, jim said he did it, so idk.
>>
>>82445980

fisting.
>>
>>82445965
Could happen. I see her feeling for Wally to be like a schoolgirl crush.
>>
>>82445898
Well yeah

anything you feed is going to follow you so long as the food holds out

Notice how Kirbee is always talking about food
>>
>>82444719
>sympathetic lizards

sympathetic lizard

she was the only empathetic person among thousands.
>>
>>82444774
>Wally must literally LOVE "I" out of Holly
>>
>>82446030
>schoolgirl crush.

i don't expect anything more from a mentally handicapped lizard.
>>
>>82446095
You have no proof of that.
>>
>>82444530

That doesn't justify it. It would be like executing Nazi Germany children.
>>
File: endtown-2014-12-29.gif (304 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2014-12-29.gif
304 KB, 900x900
>>82446204
Find one then
>>
>>82446272
Kirbee, done.
>>
File: furry_fascists.png (189 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
furry_fascists.png
189 KB, 450x450
>>
>>82446378

think kirbee being handicapped is the reason she's sympathetic towards outsiders?
>>
>>82446435
> handicapped

Not him, but... pardon?
>>
>>82446217

Sometimes you just need to spank them. They're all just big kids anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__9z32eo_RE
>>
>>82446217
shit... it's a good thing they never bombed Berlin then
>>
>>82446697

When the allies bombed Germany they focused on strategic bombing not killing civilians.
>>
File: Berlin-bomb-damage.jpg (193 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
Berlin-bomb-damage.jpg
193 KB, 800x577
>>82446737
They sure did
>>
File: nigga what.png (231 KB, 508x458) Image search: [Google]
nigga what.png
231 KB, 508x458
>>82446737
>>
>>82446737
Oh wow

all those strategic, guided bombs huh?
>>
>>82446827
>>82446911

The number of germans civilian killed by air raids is low when compared with the total of deaths experienced by Germany.

And the objective of those bombardments was to cripple the enemy ability of fighting by destroying industrial centers, not to murder civilians. If killing was the main objective then the number would be much, much higher.
>>
>>82447029

> guided

Bombing wasn't very accurate in WW2. This is why carpet bombing of industrial centers was a doctrine.
>>
>>82445872
>In a week

Threads pop up every time a new update occurs, and that's averaging about 3 threads a week.
>>
>this ww2 talk

can anyone draw Jim as a Nazi officer and wally as a ranger?
>>
>>82444628
Maybe you should ask if Sarah's group did contain any innocents, since this isn't the first time this has come up.
>>
>>82447109
Adding on to this, can someone draw Kirbee as Rosie the Riveter and Sally as pic related?
>>
>>82447528

yes YES! this is better than what i requested.
>>
>>82447358

Shit, sorry anon. Already sent an e-mail out. Did ask whether the Lizard King killed his wife. She seemed to be one of the few sane ones out there.
>>
>>82443646
Who made the booru?
Yea I'm here
>>
>>82447620

booru guy, can you fix the layout?
>>
>>82447528

Hasn't KC already done that? I'm a bit busy here preparing my speech in defence of democracy that will happen tomorrow.
>>
>>82447705
>democracy that will happen tomorrow.

wut?
>>
>>82447705
>Hasn't KC already done that?

i think akunim did, long time ago.
>>
>>82447679
I would but I need to learn more coding, and for some reason it won't revert back to the basic format to its layout. So sooner or later I'll make it better, I did first learn on the spot while making the booru :)
>>
>>82447620
>>82447818

Got something for you soon.
>>
>>82447836
No prob. will be ready for it
>>
>>82447609
One to save for next time then.

I expect it'll probably come up in the comic anyway, since Sarah got away (and some of Aaron's previous comments hinted others might have too).
>>
>>82447768

Part of getting a PhD is a philosophy class where one should do a speech on a subject and a discussion should occur. Due to a political climate in my country I chose to do it about democracy and rule of law(and how it derives from natural law).

It's kinda funny given what a critique of a Athenian-derivative style democracy Endtown has (Since representatives are chosen at random not voted in or selected for their merit.). Or politics in general.
>>
>>82442758
>iseenip.png
>>
>>82447705
>>82447810
Yep, akunim has:

http://booru.org/the-collection/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=18511

The nazi poster with Sarah would still be cool, though.
>>
File: Wally.gif (310 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Wally.gif
310 KB, 2253x3517
>>82447871
OK.

Unos
>>
File: Holly.gif (187 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Holly.gif
187 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448755

Dos
>>
File: Petey.gif (155 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Petey.gif
155 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448771

Trois
>>
File: Dottie.gif (232 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Dottie.gif
232 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448785

>>
>>82448159

oh, i see... well good luck to you sir!
>>
File: Kirbee.gif (390 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Kirbee.gif
390 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448811

пять
>>
File: Al.gif (366 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Al.gif
366 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448843

>>
File: Linda.gif (266 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Linda.gif
266 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448867

sette
>>
File: Gustine.gif (435 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Gustine.gif
435 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448880

sette + uno
>>
File: Flask.gif (209 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Flask.gif
209 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448905

German for no
>>
got a hit in trash

>>>/trash/2646050

my dick is diamonds right now.
>>
File: Marx.gif (204 KB, 2253x3517) Image search: [Google]
Marx.gif
204 KB, 2253x3517
>>82448916

and Marx.

You might need to resize these, but they are all the same dimensions
>>
>>82448811
>>82448843
>>82448880

The cutest!
>>
>>82448755
>>82448771
>>82448785
>>82448811
>>82448843
>>82448867
>>82448880
>>82448905
>>82448916
>>82448951
Ok gonna prep up these bad boys

Thanks DK for all that effort
>>
>>82449156
No prob. Been sitting on this one for a long time.
>>
File: Bateman Happy.png (308 KB, 620x419) Image search: [Google]
Bateman Happy.png
308 KB, 620x419
>>82448922

This pleases me.
>>
anyone know an easy way to resize and compress gif files in photoshop? these counter files are humorously large
>>
>>82450917
hang on a titch...
>>
>>82450917

I use Irfanview for all my resize needs. I worry about transparency though...
>>
>>82450941
same, thats why i worried about these files because all together need to be lower than 100k in file size
>>
File: kirbee condom.png (262 KB, 421x458) Image search: [Google]
kirbee condom.png
262 KB, 421x458
>>82450973

i can try to resize them myself, but i'm kinda busy atm... if no none has by the time i come back ill do it myself.
>>
>>82451323
in the meantime ill work on it. kind of want to practice my shop-fu anyways so i guess itll just be a race on who does it first
>>
>>82450973
got it down to 288k. Is 100k seriously the limit?
>>
File: image.png (114 KB, 496x793) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114 KB, 496x793
>>82439262
I dunno who but I'm on board.
>>
File: boo.png (4 KB, 379x86) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
4 KB, 379x86
>>82451436
yea i got it down to the same size and tried to upload and got an error for being to big and the control system glitched on me and had a stroke

100k or less is the only option
>>
>>82439918

Maybe we'll get lucky and Marx will literally have to be jammed in a hole and turned by his feet.
>>
File: end140425.gif (325 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
end140425.gif
325 KB, 900x900
>>82440348
>species politics actually make sense within the context of the world.

Well, being appropriate for the setting and making actual sense are different things. Unity is the final form of Jackrabbit's propaganda.
>>
>>82451467
She's actually a background character from the 2nd panel of this: http://www.gocomics.com/endtown/2013/05/01
>>
>>82441195

Actually in some chapters they refer to the first few years of the colony where lots of people did indeed suffer mental collapse at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>82451536

the max size is 100k, what are the max height and width?
>>
the stock ones are 66x150, i can get bigger ones without going over the size limit.
>>
>>82452127
it doesnt matter as long theyre all the same ratio. reason being that they have to be put in a zip folder under 100
>>
>>82452188

ok, so that's 100k max per file? or all together?
>>
>>82452219
all together im afraid
>>
>>82452245

yikes... let me see what i can do.
>>
>>82452245

i honestly don't think it's going to work... the limit is way too fucking low
>>
>>82443519

Allie's philosophy was flawed as well. She kept trying to rationalize violence and death as being worth something in the long run only to become a slosh and dying in a riot.

I think the thing the comic doesn't validate either things except that death sucks.
>>
>>82452468
unless they get pixelated

that might sounds cool
>>
>>82441460
Why does Marx care about any of this at all, was this all because he happened to stumble upon a world with cartoon animal people and he thought it was kinda neat?
>>
>>82443543
>Piotr

He knew the truth. He didn't say it and now we'll never know.
>>
>>82452631

sarah pushed him into the laser beams, he deserved to get fucked.
>>
>>82444443

The blonde one, Patti. I though they said she didn't like the boxing thing either.
>>
>>82452699
I wonder if we will ever see Sarah again.
>>
>>82452631

Piotr knew about the atrocities committed but never spoke out. That's why he died in the end.
>>
>>82452245
>101k

SO CLOSE
>>
File: 1426138237431.jpg (4 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1426138237431.jpg
4 KB, 125x124
>>82452853
>>
>>82446010

Jim said that they were dead and with him. Jimgod was surprising obtuse about everything.
>>
File: Wally1.gif (10 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Wally1.gif
10 KB, 300x468
>>82452909
>>82452245

91.1 bitchhhhh

it looks pretty bad tho
>>
File: Holly1.gif (6 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Holly1.gif
6 KB, 300x468
>>82452972
>>
File: Petey1.gif (5 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Petey1.gif
5 KB, 300x468
>>82452987
>>
File: Dottie1.gif (8 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Dottie1.gif
8 KB, 300x468
>>82453007
>>
File: Kirbee1.gif (12 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Kirbee1.gif
12 KB, 300x468
>>82453025
>>
File: Al1.gif (11 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Al1.gif
11 KB, 300x468
>>82453053
>>
File: Linda1.gif (9 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Linda1.gif
9 KB, 300x468
>>82453070
>>
File: Gustine1.gif (14 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Gustine1.gif
14 KB, 300x468
>>82453088
>>
File: Flask1.gif (7 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Flask1.gif
7 KB, 300x468
>>82453125
>>
>>82453135
i think the transperency and the size is to much
>>
File: Marx1.gif (9 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Marx1.gif
9 KB, 300x468
>>82453154
I encourage anyone else who feels like trying to do so.
>>
>>82453186

Yeah deleted it. Irfan fucks with the transparency too much.
>>
how's this?
>>
>>82453236
Too small bud
>>
File: sd.gif (6 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
sd.gif
6 KB, 300x468
forgot file LEL
>>
>>82453261
MUCH better

she's got specks of white orbiting her tho
>>
>>82453309

let me convert the rest then
>>
>>82453261
ok thats pretty fucking good
>>
>>82447528
>Rosie the riveter.

Dear god they look like the same woman!
>>
>>82453340
What's the secret you used?
>>
>>82439262
I got some punk hyena chick

Good thing I have a dom fetish
>>
>>82451815
Man fuck Unity. Going back and re-reading that whole arc and not being distracted by "i am god" makes me really hate these assholes. Or maybe it's just the bad taste that Sarah left, I don't know.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 114

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.