[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best version of Spider-Man and why? >smarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Is this the best version of Spider-Man and why?

>smarter
>has an army of mercenaries
>spider-drones
>mech spider leg backpack
>doesn't let bad guys get away
>>
It's the only Spider-man I've ever read, so I'll say yes. I felt he killed, but without being edgy, and that midget girl was a qt.
>>
That's Ben Reilly.
>>
Agreed but I preferred his second costume
>>
It made me read spiderman and I loved it
>>
This story single-handedly got me reading comics again. It was a really good run.
>>
>Implying the best Spidey isn't Assassin Spidey
He was cool and edgy ages before Otto.
>>
Which series is this one?
>>82429629
>>
>>82430199
Superior Spider-Man (2015)
>>
>>82430421
Thank you, I just got marvel unlimited anything else I should read?
>>
>>82430463
Spiderverse doesn't have a lot of fans, but it ties into Superior Spider-man and you get to see tons of alternate spidermen, like hundreds. I thought it was awesome.
>>
>>82430463
Identity Disc
Scarlet Spider
Superior Ironman
Journey Into Mystery starring Lady Sif
Runaways
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Enjoy
>>
>>82429629
>Been outsmarted by a teenager his whole life
>That army betrayed him
>Those drones failed him
>That wasn't even subtle
>He killed Z-listers Slott thought he couldn't come up with any original plots with, plus, good marketing, people love manslaughter.
>>
>>82430555
Thank you I will
>>
>>82429995
He was my favorite too.I heard they killed him of in spider verse is that true?
>>
I wrote an ethics paper in college about how Spock was superior to Peter.
Was not that great, desu, but got a B anyway
>>
>>82429629
He was kinda cool for this version of a borderline fascist spidey, but Slott didn't really explore that concept enough

You would have thought you could do a bit more with spider-man having an army ready for him and drones as surveillance on everyone
>>
Haven't enjoyed Spider-man since Superior ended desu
>>
>>82429629
He was not, but his arc has some interesting situation because no one knew how much Ock would have fucked Peter life.

it was a fun parentheses and it made me think about how modern Spider Man stories are too predictable and repetitive. Killing him was a mistake. Ok with the body of another Peter would have to survive in another universe.

Still, when Peter is well written, I prefer him, but since there is Slott Itìs a bore. Despite "Sin past" is horrible and a crime against humanity, JMS time was a lot of better.
>>
File: 1443359689195.jpg (109 KB, 444x419) Image search: [Google]
1443359689195.jpg
109 KB, 444x419
>>82430555
>Identity Disc
>>
File: tumblr_ndo6zyLJI21rpwm80o1_250.jpg (85 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndo6zyLJI21rpwm80o1_250.jpg
85 KB, 184x184
I've always been a Spiderman fan but It's always been difficult getting comics for me.

I got two main "blocks" the original stuff from the 60s, in black and white, from the Excelsior Library, and then, all the stuff around Civil War (Straczynski's run, CW, Back in Black...)
I know OMD follows, and I want to get to the Superior Spiderman arc, My question is: is it too much and should I focus on some arcs prior to Superior Spid. or can I go from OMD and onward in not too much time?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-01-22-46-55.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-01-22-46-55.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>82437047
What? It was a great mini, focusing on villains with a Deadpool who wasn't written like shit
>>
>>82437054
read at the ends of earth or whatever that storyline is called, It deals with how an elderly ock puts around a plan to kill spidey, IMO the buildup to superior starts there
>>
>>82432616
Yep.
>>
More sinister than superior.
>>
>ITT: Casuals come and rejoice about the most casual of characters ever.
>>
File: 1461429288080.png (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461429288080.png
14 KB, 400x400
>>82438091
b8 harder m8
>>
>>82438012
Sinister spider-man was also great.
>>
>>82438091
Spock only appeared in the comics, so no casual has ever heard of him.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.