[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FCBD 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: fcbd1[1].png (90 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
fcbd1[1].png
90 KB, 630x420
What's everyone buying?
Dressing up as anything?

Also please rate my purchase list:
>New 52 Aquaman trade #5 and #6
>New 52 Vibe trade #1
>New 52 Captain Marvel trade #1
>Captain Marvel Monster Society of Evil trade
>>
Well, I was gonna take advantage of the deals but my friends want to go to those Funko Shops that coincidentally also participates in FCBD. I mean yeah they have comics, but it's not as huge as their stocks of those little vinyl paperweights. I guess they have some X-Men comics on sale too?

I'm probably gonna go to an actual LCS later on and pick up a good Flash or Superman trade. I'm also hoping to get Suicide Squad Vol 1 or Waid's Flash run.
>>
File: 1429065405080.jpg (269 KB, 489x493) Image search: [Google]
1429065405080.jpg
269 KB, 489x493
>>82427571
I usually go to Heroes Aren't Hard to Find, since they always get major artists and writers to come. Not super impressed with the guest list this year but still.
>TFW Francesco Francavilla came one year but I didn't have to time to wait in line
>He's never come back
>>
So can you actually get anything good that day or is it random promotional shit printed that nobody wants?
>>
Ironically nothing since I was at a comic con on the weekend and I spent way too goddamn much money as it is without getting baited further.
>>
File: 1442117688417.png (145 KB, 509x368) Image search: [Google]
1442117688417.png
145 KB, 509x368
>>82427690
>MFW I don't live in the US
>Best case scenario is Leinil Yu or some local artists I actually like come
>I'm not even that big a fan of Leinil Yu
>>
>>82427632
There are dedicated funko shops?

Jesus fuck I hate this Felicia Day-initiated "nerd" culture.
>>
>>82427761
Last year I got some Secret Wars issue #1 and some Simpsons comics. Not bad at all I'd say.
>>
>>82427796
Yeah, one of the novelty shops I went to as a kid slowly turned into a Funko Shop, there's like two Walls dedicated to those little shits.
>>
>>82427761
Depends on your definition of good
My lcs ran out of the free comics so they had 6 longboxes of old stock you could rifle through and take what4ever you wanted.
>>
>>82427976
well it sounds less dickish than Record Store Day at least
>>
File: Judge Dredd by Powell 01.jpg (70 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd by Powell 01.jpg
70 KB, 600x432
>tfw Eric Powell-drawn Judge Dredd on the 2000AD FCBD issue
Feels great creep.
>>
>>82428073
never heard of it
Whats the deal?
>>
File: dcshg.jpg (273 KB, 527x810) Image search: [Google]
dcshg.jpg
273 KB, 527x810
>>
>>82428276
What are Mulan and Belle doing there?
>>
I'll probably pass. Though I did pick up Vol 1 and 2 of All New Ghost Rider
>>
>>82427571
We usually have FCBD like 1 or 2 weeks after the USA, this year my LCS is doing it with another comic shop in a more public place and they are having like 3-5 artist going.
>>
>>82428298
None of them even look like Belle
>>
>>82428403
Oh really now?
>>
>>82428126
Basically a big promotional event for local record shops, a whole bunch of exclusive one-day pressings get simultaneously, there's usually a lot of big sales and in-store concerts and stuff like that tied in with it. It's generally pretty fun but the quality of the exclusives have gone to shit over the last couple of years and you get lots of asshole scalpers hoarding things to resell on ebay. Also fucks up release schedules too, only so many pressing plants exist anymore and RSD clogs up their distribution schedules.
>>
>>82428594
Sounds like too much hubbub for a mild amount of fun.
>>
How does free comic book day work.
Do I just walk into a comic shop, grab something then walk out?
>>
>>82429130
You show up and the shopkeepers have specific handouts or boxes you can take free comics from.
On top of that, most shops also sell everything in the store for 20% off or something.
>>
ROM is my only priority.
Simpsons/Bongo is usually a good bet.
The rest I'll decide when I get there.
>>
>>82429166
And they're comics printed specifically for FCBD, not just normal comics they chose.
>>
>>82427571
I think I have like 100 bucks in store credit at Legend comics so I'll probably just use all of that and buy anything else. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of the DnQ Peanuts stuff and whatever else catches the old eye.
>>
>Going to like 5 different comic shops that day
>Best friend and girlfriend are coming along
>Girlfriend is excited to get into comics
>Babymetal concert that night with best friend
Shit's gonna be cash
>>
Looking at the potential list, 2000 AD seems to be a good pick. It had a good collection last year. Aside from that, the Street Fighter comics and maybe Sonic? I'm sure there are also others.
>>
>>82428106
Will I be able to get this digitally or will I have to leave my house for this one?
>>
Gotta pick up Ms. Marvel's HC1, Deadpool HC4, and maybe a DC Absolute if available?
Everything's 25% off or more in my LCS
>>
>>82427886
Does anyone every buy funkos for themselves? Every one I own is a gift, and every one I bought is a gift for someone else. At some point my friend group agreed to quit buying them for each other
>>
>>82427571
>>New 52 Vibe trade #1
Good luck on swallowing that coloring.
Rest of list I dig.
>>
>>82427571
>Dressing up as anything?

Yeah, I actually bought a the rest of the stuff I needed for a Goon cosplay the other day, and got my hair cut accordingly
>>
>>82427571
new york fag here
my friend wanna go to kinokuniya for their freeshit and afterwards i need to go to midtown. At least to see if they got any old legion books on discount, and probably another variant cover of mtmte 50 if its on sale

pray for me case both are probably gonna be crowded as fuck
>>
I'm working on Saturday otherwise I'd go into London for the day but I might try and pop into my LCS and get the 2000AD special.
>>
Tempted by the 2000AD and Tick, everything else is a bit meh, dont feel like getting up early, waiting with those with bo problems and the usual scalpers to get them
>>82435326
>At Play Blackpool
>VIDEOGAMES centred
>Not a lot of stalls
>Two selling JUST Funkopops
>One selling his own art
>Also a "Its my own interpretation of Harley Quin" cosplayer and fat Flash, I can forgive the kid with his store bought costume

I was given one of those Funkopops as a present, a Back to the future one, "Its a rare one" its currently stuffed into a box of crap as thats what they are
>>
>>82435326
god I hope not, there are much better collectibles out there (Actual Toys). But I think some people do.
>>
>>82439459
Was at a con on the weekend and there were about a dozen booths exclusively selling g those fucking things, they were flying off the shelves too. I think something about them just slot perfectly into that lowest common denominator, I-just-watched-BvS-on-imax-and-own-an-ipad-so-nerdy-lol "geek" culture. They're easy to put on a shelf and take selflies with.

They seem to have pushed out a lot of the brony booths from a couple years ago though, and I'll take them over that crap.
>>
>>82435326
ive only gotten funkos of claptrap and an astrid one i got from a friend

honestly funkos are cute as long as the thing in question isn't humanoid the style works best for creatures/robots
>>
File: Judge Dredd by Powell.jpg (172 KB, 700x1089) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd by Powell.jpg
172 KB, 700x1089
>>82433041
I think you'll have to go git it.
>>
Going to make an event out of FCBD this year.

There's about 6 shops I'll be going to, so I'm still planning my route. Tony Moore will be at one of the shops and another always has a couple local creators.

Free stuff I want:
Love and Rockets
Rom

Stuff I'll buy:
first couple trades of Transmetropolitan
Love and Rockets trades

Maybe lunch at a local brewery taproom and Civil War that night.
>>
>>82427571
>people dress up for FCBD
... que?

Anyways, my LCS tends to have sales on backissues on FCBD, so I'm probably just going to spend some time digging through there to see if there's anything that I've been looking for that I might have missed in my previous dig throughs.

Been trying to complete my collections of Starbrand and Eric Masterson appearances.
>>
>buying
>free comic book day
>free

top kek OP
>>
>>82427571
Every day is free comic book day when you pirate
>>
>>82427571
Meh. I went last year and was annoyed at having to wade through smelly nerds and online reseller scum just to pick out the two or three issues of things I actually wanted. I haven't even seen any solicits this year, so I'm not excited for anything.
>>
Does anyone know what "d-coded comics" mean?
My local comic book store says paperbacks that are "d-coded" are 20-50% off.
Google says nothing.
>>
>>82427796
>>82435326
>>82427886
Man I pack atleast 60 of those little shits everyday at work, I'm certain people buy them for themselves just from the sheer number and randomness of some orders
>>
>>82442394
Used comics maybe? Like marvel has the free digital codes that can only be used once, honestly I have no clue
>>
>>82428276
I only like this because of the fact that at night Harley kills some of the students with Ivy's help. Maybe a little yuri rape too.
>>
>>82428431
You may be color blind
>>
>>82442680
I am, fuck this shitty world and you people and your functioning eyes
>>
>>82427571
>What's everyone buying?
Isn't everything suppose to be free that day?

I'll get a free Civil War Comic
>>
If you aren't buying Hellboy in Hell you are doing it wrong.
>>
My LCS restricts it to one comic, so I'm probably getting the Dark Horse one
>>
>>82443771
>My LCS restricts it to one comic
...really? I have never heard of this.
>>
>>82444338
Every shop is different.

Of the LCSs I went to last year, one let you have 2 comics, two let you have all you wanted but had a limited selection, and one let you take as many as you like, and gave away even more comics than what were officially available that day, like free comics left over from Halloween Comicfest and other stuff with workers walking around handing them to people.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.