[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard will Snyderfags rage when this run shits all over his?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 321x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 321x500
How hard will Snyderfags rage when this run shits all over his?
>>
Will the average New 52 Batman reader even be able to comprehend King's writing? What will sales on this be like?
>>
>>82420092
>How hard will Snyderfags rage when this run shits all over his?

This is a thought that went through your head? Sad! Just enjoy things you like, and ignore things you don't. Part of being an adult.
>>
unlikely since Snyder is still primed to have the highest selling Batman title
>>
>>82420165
Well it's Batman's main book so it's gonna sell no matter what at this point.
>>
>>82420165
It probably won't be 110k+ due to the double shipping, but I can't see it dropping past ~90k since it's still Batman. And 180k a month is still good.
>>
>>82420092
Are Snyderfags even a thing? Pretty sure it's just Batfags that don't really care who writes the character. I haven't noticed Snyder's other titles selling that well.
>>
Who are those two behind Gordon and Batsy?
>>
>>82420636

New characters, Gotham and Gotham Girl, I think.
>>
>>82420636
Supehero named Gotham and what I guess is his sidekick. They'll be introduced in Batman #1
>>
>>82420612
Yes. We've had several Snyder bashing threads where plebs basically just repeat "B-but Court of Owls was AMAZING!"
>>
>>82420671
It's just gotta be New 52 Superman and Supergirl... right?
>>
>>82420891
They'll be OC Donut Steels
>>
>>82420953
But they have the Superman Shield-shaped things their Gs go in.
>>
>>82420092

Can't wait for the Duke show...
>>
>>82420092
I can't wait for /co/ to turn on King like they did with Snyder.
>>
I can imagine the sales dropping a little bit, honestly.

Looking back, there was a LOT of effort put into making Batman the #1 biggest-seller that DC had, which pretty much all started with Morrison's run. Whether it was great or flawed or whatever, that whole "Bat epic" period ended with a Bat-title consistently being a huge seller for DC, solely due to a "must see! super epic!" word-of-mouth that had attached to it.

I think, in a lot of ways, Tom King saying Snyder's run is the "best" is pretty reasonable. Somehow, he was able to keep up the hype and interest and good faith in Batman, so that time after time, month after month, Batman was not just DC's most popular book, but among the top 5 best selling books among all companies.

On one hand, anyone would have led Batman to great sales at the start of the New52. Hell, even throughout that period, Batman was all but guaranteed to be DC's top seller. But to consistently be in the top 5, even after Justice League has trouble getting in the top 10, is goddamn impressive.

And, pound for pound, with his books usually being low-sellers, I think King is smart enough to realize that Snyder's feat wasn't handwrapped for him; it (probably) wasn't a fluke, either. FIVE (5) years of somehow maintaining blockbuster sales when every other DC title loses readers left-and-right is either a miracle or a sign of supernatural skill at entertaining a big audience.
>>
>>82420092
OP, Snyder fans like Snyder's Batman, so they will probably be disappointed that it's less like that. Though they'll have All-Star, I suppose.
I like King a lot, but I really wonder how he'll do on this and if he'll finally win over the masses.
>>
>>82420872
I like the idea behind the Court and I think they make great villains, but the story itself wasn't that good.
>>
>>82420891
Probably new characters inspired by Supes.
I'd probably be rolling my eyes at the idea in any other case, but it's King who created them and so far I've loved all of King's new characters.
>>
>>82421461
It really fizzled out, didn't it? "Oh look, they're all dead. Also, random bullshit about his maybe-brother that nobody will care to follow up on, because nobody likes this character."
>>
>>82420612
Superman Unchained is literally proof positive that he can make any shit character sell
>>
>>82420092

>Going from Capullo to Janin and Finch
>ANOTHER new Robin that nobody gives a shit about
>Heavily influenced by Snyder's run (which King considers the GOAT)

Yeah...can't wait.
>>
>>82420612
Yes?

That's why DC put King on Batman, so people will like him too.
>>
>>82421710
>which King considers the GOAT
Snyder's his friend, so it's kind of understandable. In his latest interview, he talks about Morrison and Millar's Year One as well.
>>
>>82420165
>even be able to comprehend King's writing?
I love King but it's not like his writing style is super enigmatic. He's not like Morrison who likes to put a bunch of metatextual layers that are really easy to miss.
>>
>>82421710
I think Damian will still be Robin. Duke will sidekick in another capacity. Which, yeah, is also weird, but we'll see.
>>
>>82421371
you can look on comicchron and sus out when DC seemed to hit Batman is profitable mindset
Somewhere around the 90s post death of superman
>>
The only thing that concerns me is Duke potentially being made a Robin.
>>
>>82423368
He's a sidekick, but he's not a Robin.
>>
File: BM2Cvr_col_450.jpg (185 KB, 766x1200) Image search: [Google]
BM2Cvr_col_450.jpg
185 KB, 766x1200
>>82420092
I actually really like Gotham's costume.
>>
>>82420612
>this meme again

Except before Snyder Batman sales weren't that spectacular
>>
>>82420385

>Reasonable opinions

It's not too late, you can still escape this hell hole
>>
>>82423564
Yeah, I was wondering. I love Grant Morrison's Batman, but did it sell? I have no idea? I thought the sales weren't doing so hot before New 52.
>>
if only the art was good
>>
>>82421789
Read online reviews for Grayson future's end.
>>
>>82420092
>How hard will Snyderfags rage when this run shits all over his?

They won't. Everyone loves Tom King. He's not "your guy." You're not taking a stand or drawing a line in the sand by enjoying the works of the the most promising young talent in the Big 2.
>>
>being excited for a run made to shit on Batman to prep up Grayson

I am sure /co/ will love it but don't get surprised if actual fans end up disliking it
>>
>>82423876
>taking the SeeKing bait

Your fear is more apt for Nightwing, which (judging by its blurbs) actually IS going to be like that. Batman is just Batman; King might "depower" Bruce a little bit, but he'll still be the master of the Bat-family.
>>
>>82423499
I thought that batman was blue again?
>>
>>82424036
my problem is more about behavior and character traits than power levels
>>
>>82424086
No, but his cape has a purple underside
>>
>>82424107
There's literally nothing indicating what you said will happen. King's excited to write Batman and so far he's done all the characters he's written justice.
>>
>>82424107
>not muh batman
>>
>>82423876
I'll be thankful if he remembers Dick exists once in a while, to be honest.
>>
>>82424182

I want more Nightwing/Superman team ups since Clark actually likes Grayson
>>
>>82423626
I think he turned a lot of people off the title with RIP, that arc got massive backlash
>>
>>82424107
Snyder already completely departed from Morrison's characterization then mindwiped the fucker, so who cares?
>>
>>82424316
I do, I wished the damage could be undone
>>
>>82424275
Streets of Gotham and Gotham City Sirens were running at the same time and telling better stories with the same "No Batman" premise, basically.
>>
>>82424275
Wow that's too bad. That's a top 5 Batman book for me. Though it probably benefits from reading it in one go.
>>
So this Gotham is Clark right?

I mean, he has the shield, black hair with a tiny tuft on the forehead and can fly
>>
File: 1457320890622.png (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457320890622.png
71 KB, 500x375
>>82424350
>Streets of Gotham
>better stories than RIP
>>
>>82420092
I seriously doubt that King intends to shit on what came before his run.
>>
Only people who care about Snyder and Snyderfags are autists on faggots bitching about him on /co/. Batman will always sell. Even if they put fucking Finch on the book
>>
>>82423626
>>82424275
I've recently looked at the comichrons for that period.

Batman actually had great sales throughout the RIP run. The sales kind of fell off afterwards, but that was because Batman and Robin replaced it.

And really, that ending gap -- between the end of Batman RIP and the start of the New52 -- is where the main Batman book had not-so-perfect sales (it was still among DC's top selling books, although it frequently wasn't in the overall top 10, while B&R was). And like all books in that period (early '09 to mid '11), it had falling sales.

People still followed Morrison throughout the Batman titles -- right until the Return of Bruce Wayne ended.
>>
>>82424415
The chances of Bruce not recognizing Clark from the get-go are pretty slim.
It's probably a meta that wants to be Gotham's Superman, hence the similarity.
>>
>>82424275
Joke's on them as that was the arc that got me back into comics. Loved how bizarre it was.
>>
>>82424729
I don't think we said he wouldn't be recognized.
>>
>>82421710
Honestly, I think Damian has enough star power now that readers would follow him if he took another mantle, so I wouldn't mind Duke as Robin* at all. There would be epic wank over it, of course, but people hated Damian too when he took over from Tim. That's always how it starts, it'd eventually be fine.
BUT AFTER THAT put a moratorium on adding to the Batfamily for a while, it's getting insane.

*Yes it could make Bruce look like a shit dad for a while, but it cannot possibly be worse than him ignoring Damian for Snyder's entire run.
>>
>>82424895
Me too. RIP and Batman and Robin.
>>
File: Gotham City.jpg (106 KB, 691x432) Image search: [Google]
Gotham City.jpg
106 KB, 691x432
>>82420661
are they gonna fuck Tim?
>>
>>82420385
>Just enjoy things you like, and ignore things you don't.Part of being an adult.
well thats a lie right there
>>
>>82421637

Uhh Superman Unchained is proof that Jim Lee and Superman sells dumbass
>>
>>82425348

No Damian has to be Robin. BLM Robin got to be a fake Robin, now he can be Lark.
>>
>>82425348
>Bruce look like a shit dad if ignoring Damian for Snyder's pets.
Damian is 10.

Your a crap dad, when will you act like Snyder's Batman.
>>
>>82425348
I've Never Hated Anything The Way I Hate Snyder's Bruce Wayne.Bruce should spend more time with his son and less time with his "UN of Harper and Duke".
>>
I enjoyed Snyder's run. I think Snyder can set up a great story and follow through until about the end where his resolutions always suck, I enjoy the ride and admire the wonderful scenery of Greg Capullos art. Seriously though you guys are fucking toxic to the community. The patronizing in the OP is ridiculous.
>>
>>82420092
>Snyderfags
"trolls"
>>
>>82430134
Why?
Damian and all the others betrayed and let Bruce down multiple times. Harper and Duke were always there for him and don't blame all their problems on him.
>>
>>82425348
Is Snyder's Batman the world's worst dad?

Bruce: ''The boy Duke needs a father.":''
fandom :
You're right... how's Damian by the way?''
Bruce: ...
>>
>>82430730

Snyderfags like you are cancer.
I Hope Harper and Duke die.
>>
>>82430733
Damian left to have his own adventures while his father was suffering from amnesia after being killed by a rock and coming back to life.
If anything he is a shit son.
>>
>>82430787
Snyder is mad Lol.- you sucks.If anything you sucks..I Hope Harper and Duke die.
>>
Batman finally beat Goku .... at bad parenting.
>>
Fandom: :Let me put it this way..don't be goku... Bruce:
:Yes...he's a terrible father
Bruce::....point me out to the nearest Toys R us
>>
>>82430787
"Piece of shit dad" left his sons check your facts Snyderfag .
>>
>>82430733
Batman's a dick.Go To Maury!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>82430730
Scott Snyder is such a douche I fucking HATE him.
>>
Batman ".. this boy needs his father" "that sounds like good advice, bruce.
while we're on the subject: how's damian? "...Batman screw you, "
>>
I cannot believe how hyped I am for this.
Imagine if Vision was Biweekly, and mainstream.
King's gonna fuck with us in the best way.
>>
>>82430863

I have nothing against Harper, she just needs better writing, but Duke is super boring. His parents subplot is so dull and has none of the tragedy the writing clearly wants it to have.
>>
>>82435916
They're both redundant. Nothing about them is unique enough that couldn't be shown in one of the existing Batfamily members.
>>
>>82424949
Clark knows how territorial Bruce is and there's no reason whatsoever for Kara to want to suddenly get stuck in Gotham, especially as Clark's sidekick, which she's never been. So no, these are new characters.
>>
>>82431043
How old are you again?
>>82421789
He doesn't write "puzzle stories" like Morrison, but he also doesn't spell shit out like Snyder or Lobdell. Even when he has narration boxes, he doesn't use them as a crutch. So, you're right that he's not too enigmatic, but I think you overestimate how much spoonfeeding casuals need.
>>
>>82438817
*underestimate
>>
>>82423499
It has a cool military uniform vibe to it.
>>
>>82425348
>I think Damian has enough star power now that readers would follow him if he took another mantle
Nah, he will probably end up in worse place than Tim once he stop being Robin.
>>
>>82435916
Duke by Snyder is Boring and redundant...but under Bermejo i enjoyed the character.

We Are Robin is a truly overlooked bat-book
>>
>>82435916
>she just needs better writing
Not really. BRE destroyed her the same way Morrison destroyed Talia. They both are beyond repair.
>>
>>82442215

Just stick to Damian, Son of Batman as a title, and he can use any codename he wants.
>>
>>82442215
I don't think so. It seems like Damian has more of a distinct niche than Tim - he's connected to the League of Assassins, he's constantly struggling against his upbringing, he's a former murderer looking for redemption.
Tim's thing, as I understand it, was being that gifted but "normal" teen who had parents and went to high school and bonded with other teen superheroes, but the reboot screwed him out of all these things. The whole "he's the detective"-thing never rang true for me because everyon in that family is a detective, including the pets.
>>
>>82421785
Link that shit. You fucking faggots keep saying King has said this stuff but never provide a source.
>>
>>82444463
http://www.newsarama.com/29070-getting-inside-the-head-of-dc-s-rebirth-batman-writer-tom-king.html
>Nrama: So you’re following the most well-received run of Batman in the modern era, how are you handling the pressure?
>King: Uh, poorly? [Laughs] I don’t know, we’ll see how long I hide under my desk. It’s more than that though, Scott’s a good friend of mine and it is like going to bat after Babe Ruth. What are you going to do? You have to remember that Scott came on after Grant Morrison did a five-year run, and some people rank as one of the best Batman runs of all time. So it’s these two guys who have been handling Batman, which can’t be said about a lot of characters. So what do you do? You go up to bat and you hit it out. It’s no more intimidating than writing my first issue of Dick Grayson. It should be, but I can’t think of it that way, otherwise it would crush me.
>I will tell you what intimidates me though: Frank Miller. When I think about how "Year One" was just four issues, that scares me. That was in Batman proper, too. When I think about that, that scares me. When you have the potential to create such a classic piece like that.
>>
>>82424036
>King might "depower" Bruce a little bit
From SNyder's Bruce? Now that's just ridiculous
>>
>>82444536
Thank you.
>>
>>82421790
Isn't Damien getting moved to the Teen Titans?
>>
>>82444663
Yes, but he'll keep his mantle. Though the prospect is not thrilling.
>>
>>82420092
It's going to be interesting to see whether it can maintain the #1 spot it's held for most of the past 5 years. No other single title has been so consistently high-selling.
>>
>>82444733
At least he'll have a separate book with Jon.
>>
>>82444536
>Year One is still one Amazon's top 30 and Zero Year is nowhere to be found in the top 100
Good to see that Miller remains the quintessential entry-level Batman writer while Snyder's legacy will be as a flash in the pan.
>>
>>82444919
Tim had a solo while he was on Teen Titans and look at him now
Being on TT is one step towards being relevant. Tim would know
>>
>>82445975

Do you mean irrelevant?
>>
>>82442920
>League of Assassins
They are irrelevant nowadays.
>he's constantly struggling against his upbringing and he's a former murderer looking for redemption.
Which is getting boring considering that he has been struggling and looking for redemption since he was introduced.
>>
>>82424729
He wouldn't if it's Dawn of Justice Bruce.
>>
>>82446320
It's not a reboot though. This happens after directly after Snyder's run.
>>
>>82446151
His current solo shows you can still tell absolutely fantastic stories with it, though.
But to be fair, Tim could probably be relevant again if someone cared to write him well.
>>
>>82446428
>absolutely fantastic stories
They are actually pretty mediocre.
>>
>>82446151
>They are irrelevant nowadays
They're only as irrelevant as the writers make them. You never know when someone will decide to bring them out again.
>>
>>82420872
for years.
>>
Vision shows that King is good at creating an unsettling atmosphere, so I hope he uses villains like Zsasz and Professor Pyg to their full potential.
>>
>>82449785
>it's a joker book
>>
>>82449785
I want to see how he writes Riddler

Also I want Riddler to be written well
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.