[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would he be a good fit in Suicide Squad? What other villains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Mr._Freeze_-_New_52.jpg (206 KB, 1043x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Freeze_-_New_52.jpg
206 KB, 1043x1200
Would he be a good fit in Suicide Squad? What other villains would you like to see working for Amanda Waller?
>>
only if they use his pre-new 52 origin. It would also make the most sense.
>>
>>82419805

Wow, that's a pretty cool captain cold, i will print that image and ask Johns for his Autograph
>>
>>82419805
Back when Simone's Secret Six was still a thing (her first run, not the DCnU one), I thought he'd work in it. Like, he wouldn't give a fuck about what the job is, it'd all just be for the money so he can continue helping Nora.

Suicide Squad may be an even better fit, though.
>>
File: Wild_Dog_001.jpg (127 KB, 721x1024) Image search: [Google]
Wild_Dog_001.jpg
127 KB, 721x1024
Not a villain, but would be perfect in a similar role to Katana, Nighshade or Vixen.
>>
>>82419805
They should reunite Catman with Deadshot.
>>
>>82419805
He would be a good fit for limbo.
>>
>>82419805
Magpie and Killer Frost. Maybe Scorpiana
>>
>>82423644
I want Beware the Batman Magpie
>>
>>82423558
I'm loving the fact that I've been seeing Wild Dog around a lot more lately. Hometown pride.
>>
>>82424435
For a long time I thought that the Quad Cities were fictional, like Metropolis and Gotham.
>>
>>82424712
Technically, the way Wild Dog is written they are, since they call it Quad City, Iowa. Also, they do this weird thing of largely basing his theme and life off of Bettendorf, using Davenport for all of the backgrounds, and completely ignoring everything on the Illinois side.
>>
>>82424769
How is his life and theme based on Bettendorf? I'm not from America, so I don't know anything about this.
>>
Suicide Squad really could work with a focus on Steve Trevor directing it.
>>
>>82424909
In that, their high school mascot is the bulldogs, his daily life is upper middle class, which is Bettendorf, and the college he goes to is probably in Bettendorf. It's all just little things that people from other cities won't care at all about.
>>
>>82425006
Does he have any consistent qualities? I want to like him, but he's even worse than WW about being completely different under different writers
>>
>>82425010
Is he really upper middle class? He's an auto mechanic with major depression, so I don't know if he really makes that much money. He inherited a bunch of money from his dead girlfriend, but it's implied that he only uses it to buy stuff that makes him a better Wild Dog.
>>
>>82425135
Maybe Suicide Squad could help make him consistent.
>>
>>82425147
Eh, I might be stretching there. And anyway, Bettendorf is starting to move more towards average as all the rich whites move out to Pleasant Valley.
>>
>>82425204
I really wish DC used Wild Dog more. He has a lot of potential and I really want to see the Dog run wild on some Committee for Social Change scum.
>>
>>82425484
It's not super easy to create a believable long-running conflict, since gangs haven't been a major issue in the QC since Prohibition. Honestly, you'd be better off focusing on its position as a crossroads type city. It's got major commerce avenues running through it in multiple ways, and it has an absolutely massive truckstop. It also fits thematically since the towns were basically founded as a place to consistently cross the Mississippi, and the thing that the QC most often uses as a symbol is the bridge. I've thought too much about this.
>>
>>82425624
You can make it so Wild Dog is trying to fight a corrupt municipal government maybe? Then you can flesh out his character a by asking the question, "What would Wild Dog do if he came across a problem he couldn't shoot or shock glove his way out of?"

The answer, of course, is to shoot and shock glove it harder.
>>
>>82425757
There's a big push right now to merge the cities as much as legally possible, so that could be interesting as a power grab situation. Potentially ending the arc with Wild Dog being forced to accept that the merge is ultimately better for the cities, even as it opens up greater threats of corruption.
>>
File: maybe wild dog.png (402 KB, 342x531) Image search: [Google]
maybe wild dog.png
402 KB, 342x531
>>82425624
Also, this guy was in All-Star Western, after Hex came to the present. Is he supposed to be a parody of Wild Dog? Hex kills him about five apanels after this.
>>
>>82425879
Hard to know without more context of what he was doing in the story. Hockey Mask shooty bang bang guy isn't really that unique of a concept
>>
>>82425946
He came into a rally against breast cancer and started shooting up the joint. I just thought that he looked to similar for it to be a coincidence, but who knows maybe it's just hypercrisis.
>>
>>82426051
Could be. Sounds like a hick strawman type character? Wild Dog's not bad as a parody archetype there.
>>
>>82419805

Black Manta. Everyone in the squad would give him shit for being Aquaman's villain, but he'd manage to survive every mission. Also make Black Manta x Harley shipping a thing for shits and giggles.
>>
>>82426137
He was New Suicide Squad.
>>
>>82425135
Steve Trevor should be a reverse-gender Dejah Thoris meets James Bond with charisma and superheroes to boot. Throw in some Captain America qualities, and you're set.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.