[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>$4.8 million What happened, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ratchet_and_clank_ver2_xxlg.jpg (655 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
ratchet_and_clank_ver2_xxlg.jpg
655 KB, 1382x2048
>$4.8 million

What happened, /co/?
>>
>>82415980
It's a video game movie.
>>
The advertisements barely featured the title characters.
>>
>>82415980

Ratchet and Clank made $4.8 million in the box office during its opening weekend.
>>
>>82415980
Sonyggers absolutely #btfo forever
>>
>>82415980

>Ratchet and Clank

The film caters to such a niche audience its laughable
>>
>>82415980
The fucking director happened
>>
The marketing was almost nonexistent.

I still enjoyed the movie, however.
>>
>>82415980

It looks like a parody of a generic CGI kiddie flick.
>>
Just glanced at my theater's listings on the weekend and R+C was given one midday screening a day. Zootopia still has more screenings a day than this shit
>>
>>82416427
Tell that to Marvel after GotG almost made $800 million. They could have made it worked if the film wasn't ass and if the marketing didn't boil down to "HEY GUYS THIS IS BASED OFF A VIDEO GAME ISN'T THAT NEAT HUH".
>>
>>82415980
The original writer left over creative differences, and the new one they hired wanted something like Norm of the North.

Lack of marketing probably didn't help either.
>>
>>82416947

Once Avengers happened MCU movies have become mainstream
>>
>>82416055
What advertisments?
>>
File: image.png (332 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
image.png
332 KB, 411x411
>>82415980
>director was more interested in making some Norm of the North garbage
>bad marketing
>humor was nothing like the games, the writing in general was neutered for kids
>Ratchet and Clank's friendship was glossed over
>no character development
>Paul Giamatti phoning it in as Drek
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.