[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys it's me Craig McCracken and I'll be doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: CT5M9P3i.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CT5M9P3i.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
Hey guys it's me Craig McCracken and I'll be doing a Q and A for the next hour hour, so ask me any question you want
>>
How do we know its really you, Craig?
>>
>>82414524
Why do you expect us to believe you?
See look I just claimed to be you with my name.
>>
File: the-powerpuff-girls.jpg (193 KB, 780x425) Image search: [Google]
the-powerpuff-girls.jpg
193 KB, 780x425
Why didn't you protect them?
>>
Do famous people still masturbate?
>>
>>82414524
Why do you look so tired all the time? If I get into animation will I also be tired all the time?
>>
>>82414524
One of the few people I would like to ask questions. Fuck you op, for even giving me a glimmer of hope.
>>
Will the series finale of WOY air this year?
>>
>>82414524
Get out, impostor
>>
your wife knows how to use a tripcode why don't you
>>
>>82414524
Your new pitch is for a serialized show. Is there a significant difference between creating a series bible for a serialized show and creating a bible for your previous work?
>>
Post something about purple potatoes on your twitter to prove this is really you.
>>
>>82414524
How's my hair?
>>
>>82414524
Which shows that you did not create or take part in creating have you enjoyed watching the most?
>>
>>82414524
Pics with a time stamp or I don't believe you.
>>
Craig, how come you didn't come back to save your show, but I'm clearly returning to finish mine?
>>
timestamp or gtfo
>>
>>82414743
Also how come you never write. Never call. I miss you. We haven't spoken in years.
>>
File: ppgz_tv0077.jpg (79 KB, 1010x758) Image search: [Google]
ppgz_tv0077.jpg
79 KB, 1010x758
what is your opinion of this?
>>
File: 1445883929038.jpg (352 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
1445883929038.jpg
352 KB, 720x900
>>82414524
Do you ever get tired of people asking you about Powerpuff Girls, like that guy who keeps bothering you about Z, despite you having zero involvement in its production, or the people who keep trying to get you to talk about the reboot when you've repeatedly said you don't work on it?

Do you ever got bothered that people will spend time hating the new Powerpuff Girls, saying it's an affront to your legacy, but won't even watch any of your other shows, like Wander Over Yonder?

Are you annoyed that people keep trying to fuck your wife?
>>
>>82414597
CN owns the Powerpuff Girls so they can do anything they want to them, when the reboot was staring they asked me if I could come back, but my contract with Disney prevented me from doing so.
>>
>>82414789
I have no idea what this is but it's already an improvement over the reboot
Which is saying something when the design of the girls is the only thing that hasent changed its just so horrible that I don't consider it possible this could be any worse
>>
>>82414619
I'm not necessarily tired but yes working on a show does get tiresome since you have to go in everyday working and approving various stages of work.
>>
>>82414825
God damit /co/ enough with this every redhead is Lauren Faust shit
>>
>>82414656
Possibly, were finishing up our last few episodes which should be delivered to Disney in 4/5 weeks
>>
>>82414743
All this talk of you and Craig's shows being revived, and I just want mine that got revived to fucking die already.
>>
>>82414703
I think the difference will be that you have to put more effort into what happened in the end and tying up loose knots on the way
>>
>>82414789
he was okay with it

>Well how proprietary are you about the characters? About the Powerpuff Girls, or the characters of Foster's Home...?

>I'm not sure- how do you mean?

>I mean, if someone were to go to you: "we're gonna do a Foster's feature film - you can either be involved or not be involved"...

>I would want to be involved... I wouldn't want someone to take it and reinterpret it, like if there was gonna be a film, or a TV show or movie, I would definitely wanna be involved in it, just because it's, well, it's MY thing, it's not just this global idea, I'd wanna do it, somehow. I'd just be afraid of it getting misinterpreted... it's very personal to me. Erm, they did do that PPGZ show, in Japan, and one of the things I stressed about that was like "don't try to recreate my show - don't pretend like you're continuing the western version of Powerpuff" and one thing I liked about it was, it was SO different, that it was obviously a new interpretation of this concept, and no one would confuse the two shows, so that in a way, I was okay with, because it was so astronomically different, it was just another thing. When that first came to me I was like "well, Batman's been reinterpreted a million different ways", you can appreciate The Dark Knight and Adam West at the same time, y'know they're two different things, but there's a place for both of them.

>But as far as direct continuation of what exists now...?

>Yeah, I would wanna be involved in it, yeah. If it's gonna connect somehow, and just be ongoing, I would definitely wanna be a part of it.
>>
>>82414789
It's cute
>>
File: 44390355_p0.jpg (215 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
44390355_p0.jpg
215 KB, 520x800
>>82414622
But anon, what if it actually is?
>>82414853
Not every. Just at least one.
>>
File: Bubbles1.12.png (638 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Bubbles1.12.png
638 KB, 3000x2000
I love bubbles
>>
Have any of you considered ditching your stupid cartoons and moving on to live action?
>>
I killed my baby.
>>
>>82415022
It worked out great for me!

By the way, any of you anons have any teenage sisters that want an acting career?
>>
>>82415033
and your career
>>
>>82414908
Found another one 1/2

NRAMA: One last thing. There’s this show in Japan called Damashita! Power Puff Girls Z. What is your involvement in that?

CM: That got pitched to me a few years ago. What happened is in Japan they wouldn’t air our version of Powerpuff Girls on their network television because it wasn’t produced in an Asian country. At the same time, the Girls were airing on satellite TV over there and it was a hit. So a lot of the broadcasters were coming to us saying this could be a real profit center for us, but for us to get it on TV Tokyo or any other network, we would have to produce it here. So we would like to produce an anime version of the Puffs. What do you think about that?

So I thought, well, Batman has been reinterpreted about a million times, and they are all viable versions of Batman. As long as they stayed true to the heart and soul of the show, I would be fine with it. So a lot of studios came up with their own versions and pitched them to us. So I met with them, and with Damishita I only had to make a few basic notes. From there, I really didn’t have that much else to do with the construction of it.
>>
File: 1460099207287.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460099207287.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>82415104
NRAMA: This is all interesting, being you did a lot of the real animation of Powerpuff Girls in Rough Draft Korea. Last I checked, that was part of Asia.

CM: Yes. What I actually was saying is it actually had to have some sort of Japanese connection. That’s the only way you can air a cartoon on a network in Japan. That’s the way it was presented to me.

Also, they wanted to age it up a little bit. Over that I told them that it still had to be a kids show. It could not be adult. It could not be sexual. Also, the first time they presented it to me, Professor Utonium wasn’t in it, and I told them that wasn’t going to happen. They had to have a father. They had to put that character in it. You can’t have the Girls without the Professor.

That’s an important point of the show. The Girls have tons of power, but they still have a parental authority. So they kind of put the Professor in it. I’ve seen some of the episodes and I have to admit it’s kind of surreal looking at it. It’s like it’s something I’m incredibly familiar with, but at the same time I just don’t have an idea of what’s going to happen next.

NRAMA: And it’s not available in the States in any way, right?

CM: No. It hasn’t. I understand there are plans for it. It’s already aired in Japan and there are DVDs out. In fact, I just got a three-DVD boxed set. They really are on top of it that way. It seems there is a real diehard anime fan base who have embraced it.

So I would love for it ultimately to be shown here. I don’t know if there are any plans for that yet.
>>
>>82415010
Then cool, but it would be worse to give him what he wants.
>>
>>82415022
I don't like live action waifus.
>>
>>82414853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ex0kZCE9V0

>Explorin Lauren
You can't tell me Craig did this on accident.
>>
>>82415148
We all know you would explore Lauren, Dan.
>>
>>82414524
Why are you impersonating me?
>>
>>82415175
Why are YOU impersonating ME?
>>
File: ppzg07010627.gif (181 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ppzg07010627.gif
181 KB, 640x480
>>82415120
>It could not be sexual
WHOOPS
>>
>>82415242
Well, Craig was probably the only one enforcing that rule and he also said that he only watched a few episodes.

BUT, outside of that one time Fuzzy slapped Miss Bellum's ass, Sedusa's ridculous cleavage and total lust for her boyfriend, there wasn't much sexual in the show. They did a good job of following Craig's rules.
>>
>>82414524

Have you actually done anything in the last five years?
>>
>>82415471
Wander Over Yonder
>>
File: Love_is_in_the_air.jpg (64 KB, 653x470) Image search: [Google]
Love_is_in_the_air.jpg
64 KB, 653x470
>>82415376
Well, almost.....
>>
I know this is a lie but in the small, incredibly unlikely possibility that it isn't:

What's your next show about? I've been curious ever since it was announced that it would be a serialized work as opposed to a episodic one. Even a hint about the plot or characters would be nice, don't need to spill it all.

And for the hell of it, Jhonen Vasquez is getting a Disney show as well. Have you ever met him? What are your thoughts on him and his work?
>>
File: 21ChcOY.jpg (68 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
21ChcOY.jpg
68 KB, 1136x640
>>82415514
Oh yeah, the original was full of sex jokes. Remember how the Rowdyruff Boys were defeated? Remeber professor Dick Hardly?
Remember the villain named Sedusa?

I'm pretty sure Craig gave them that rule to avoid panty shots, locker room scenes, hot springs, and general slice of life female tropes that anime is infamous for.
>>
>>82414524
i like this thread
>>
>>82415148
WE'RE WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST

Somehow I get the feeling Craig has a low opinion of Dora the Explorer.
>>
>>82415675
Don't you have another 20 seasons of simpsons to work on?
>>
>>82415715
>implying Groening actually works on that as much as just smacks the 'approved' stamp on everything that comes on his desk
>>
File: Ezio Finds Your Bullshit Silly.jpg (26 KB, 418x282) Image search: [Google]
Ezio Finds Your Bullshit Silly.jpg
26 KB, 418x282
>>82414594
>>
I resent you for marrying for crush
>>
>>82415514
is that the bald gay guy from mission hill
>>
>>82415609
Do Japanese people really go to hot springs all the time, or is that just a meme they use to confuse foreigners, like Americans watching football?
>>
Can you tell us something we don't already know?
>>
>>82414830
Power Puff Girls Z
>>
>>82414524
How phat is Sylvia's ass?
>>
Who are your favorite r34 artists, and what technical types would you give to r34 artists that they're always getting wrong?
>>
>>82415591
His pilot was not picked up and I can't talk about it yet
>>
Hey guys it's me Brian Michael Benis and I'll be doing a Q and A for the next hour hour too, I decided to join this thread since it was already up. Just ask me and my good pal Craig McCracken anything you want.
>>
Have you seen my car keys?
>>
File: LaCienegaZoey.png (306 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
LaCienegaZoey.png
306 KB, 3000x2000
Remember to watch Anytown guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7IQw_vWr7c
>>
>>82416273
You've been putting them in your vagina since it's only good for being a pocket now.
>>
>>82415120
>it actually had to have some sort of Japanese connection. That’s the only way you can air a cartoon on a network in Japan
Then how do they watch western cartoons?
>>
>>82416234
Brian Michael Bendis?
>>
I am a H A C K
>>
>>82414524
Do you really have Neanderthal genes?
>>
So is this thread a joke or something? I highly doubt this is the real Craig
>>
Hello, Palmiotti here. You may know me from books such as Johan Hex, Power-Girl and Harley Quinn. I wanted you all to know that you are all invited to a sweet swinger party that is taking place in Brooklyn, see you there!
>>
>>82416640
Joke thread, I doubt Craig even browses anymore.
>>
>>82416771
You didn't even give the address or time. How do you expect to see any of us there?
>>
>>82416897
>anymore
No self-respecting cartoonist would ever browse this board. I may, but that's only because I lack self-respect.
>>
Why don't your shows have more lgbtqi+ representation? You're a huge faggot so I expect more from you
>>
>>82416910
Oh yea, right. Sorry I got carried away!. The date is June 14th. Taking place in Brooklyn. Se you all there!
>>
>>82415591
>I've been curious ever since it was announced that it would be a serialized work as opposed to a episodic one.
That was announced? Got any sauce? I'd love for it to be true, because Wander Over Yonder Season 2 was great.

>>82416204
>His pilot was not picked up
Now I really don't want to believe you're Craig.
>>
>>82416954
>implying Rebecca would ever use the full acronym
She's clearly LGB-only.

Also,
https://twitter.com/CrackMcCraigen/
There's no mention of a Q&A. You goyim have been rused again.
>>
>>82417036
Do you actually think anyone believes this is real?
>>
>>82414524

How's the wife and kid?
>>
>no trip code
>no way to prove identity
Yeah, I can't see this working.
>>
Why didn't you want me Daddy?
>>
>>82417062
Who the fuck are you?
>>
How do you like your eggs?
>>
>>82416955
Still no specific time or address m8
>>
>>82417071
Get out of here, Manta.
>>
>>82417232
The specific time and address are still being defined. But I'll let you know soon as I know, in the meantime keep buying DC comics and the new imprint Aftershock comics
>>
>>82417159
Never heard of him
>>
Craig, all of your shows don't have enough diapers in them. Fix that shit, now.
>>
>>82416940
Well, plenty have.
>>
>>82416001
It seems to be the equivalent of going to a sauna in the west. You basically go there to just relax and shit.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.