[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>She wont even be blue in the posters Fox-men thread. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: hunger-men.jpg (205 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
hunger-men.jpg
205 KB, 640x800
>She wont even be blue in the posters

Fox-men thread. What are your hopes and fears for X-men: Apocalypse?
>>
>>82409543
>hope
Storm dies.
>fear
Storm lives.
>>
>>82409552
Everybody knows she lives and joins the X-Men.
>>
>>82409606
MY FEARS ARE MANIFESTING!
Yeah, I know.
>>
>>82409543
>She wont even be blue in the posters

Well see THAT I can sort of understand. But (possibly) having most of the movie not feature her being blue is pure bullshit.
>>
>>82409552
>wanting the Shipp to sail
Completely disgusting.
>>
>>82409543
JLaw needs to go, Mystique works best as a villain/neutral, stop trying to make her a hero

Apocalypse looks like shit

storm looks good

I hope Sophie Turner won't be a potatoface, her face varies so much, even in GoT, sometimes she's hot, sometimes she's a typical brit
>>
I fear that Olivia Munn's career may somehow survive this.
>>
>>82411730
she'll be out of business once gravity catches up with her tits
>>
My only hope is TSwift cameoing as Dazzler. I've lost all faith after DOFP
>>
>>82411849

She's WHAT?!?!?!?
>>
>>82409543
>trying to make Cyke look taller than Jean on the poster when they picked a manlet to play him
kek

If they're not going to have Mystique blue in the movie, might aswell not falsely advertize her in the posters.

>hope
Slim goes to the pants store when they're all at the mall and buys himself jeans. He seems to like them very much.

>fears
That the movie succeeds and they keep making those shitty movies without putting more effort in them.
About 80% of what's in them belongs in the trash.

Also Assbender looks stoned.
>>
How much money did they actually put into this?

Did they save their receipt from Hot Topic?
>>
>>82409543
>hopes
That Fox stops making live action X-Films. 6 movies and we have one good 2 minute scene.
>fears
Fox just floods the market with X-shit.
>>
I hope Lawrence finally fucking quits these movies. I hope Apocalypse is cooler than looks in the trailers. I hope they get the guy who did costumes on Deadpool to do the next X-men movie. I hope they recast Jean in the next movie. My fear is that this movie will bomb so hard they won't make any more X-men movies for a while outside spin-offs like Deadpool and fucking Gambit for whatever reason they're making that.
>>
> muh mutant and proud
> i'm an a-list actress now i don't have to sit in a chair and get blue all day
jlaw is the cancer, her contract is up after this one, i hope fox listens to tim miller over at the deadpool office, who seems like he just "gets it" and would be willing to do anything with feige
>>
File: 1388195170194.jpg (220 KB, 1024x1447) Image search: [Google]
1388195170194.jpg
220 KB, 1024x1447
I think Jubilee is dead. She is nowhere to be seen in posters or promos.
>>
> Have movie rights to the most popular and successful franchise in the Marvel Stable
> Have success virtually handed to you on a silver platter
> Still fuck it up this bad.

This is what happens when you let demographic farming relics of convention apply half-hearted sensibilities to something they have little if any love for and see only as a formula that they're terrified of taking seriously.

It is 2016!!!! We have movies like Avengers & Captain America Civil War! Batman vs Superman with Wonderwoman in it for christ sake and FOX still has their characters in black leather and athletic wear mesh. It's not even tacticool, it's just there.
>>
>>82409543
You're an idiot if you're going to watch this after everything they've done
>>
File: JSCLogg.jpg (224 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
JSCLogg.jpg
224 KB, 500x451
>>82412907
She is, so years later Jubilee II can join the school and be just as ignored.
>>
I know Fassbender wanted out after the last movie I doubt he'll stay for another one.
>>
>>82409543
I don't really know what people are shitting on this, aside from Jlaw it looks good.
>>
>>82413202
X-Men belong with Marvel. I want Spidey and Logan to interact!
>>
>>82409552
We already know she lives. Fox already put out a shot showing what the X-men roster looks like at the very end of the movie. From that we know:
>Jubilee dies
>Storm joins the X-men
>>
>>82412908
>FOX still has their characters in black leather and athletic wear mesh.

It's amazing they did so well in First Class and then completely abandoned those suits for this garbage.
>>
>>82409543
The only issue I have with X men right now is JL and this is her last movie so I dont care. The rest will be patrician tier like every other X movie Singer made.

I guess my only fear is that it makes too little money that it gets overshadowed by redditpool and future movies go hard on quips, simple plots and forgettable villains (now that I think about it, Deapool is almost a MCU movie with blood and bad words).

My other big fear is that it makes too much money so it becomes stale, non risky and boring...like marvel movies.

I think the sweet spot is 750m.
>>
>>82414746
>much costumes
>>
>>82409543
>fears
This movie being Wolverine and some unimportant X-Men part 30723485276

hopes
More Cyclops.
>>
>>82414959
Cyclops and Jean are the stars for the new instalments.

Wolverine only has a cameo in this movie.
>>
File: 1460884603721.jpg (219 KB, 1273x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460884603721.jpg
219 KB, 1273x1024
>>82409543
What's with the shitty costumes? Even Shitcalypse looks better compared to those
>>
>>82409543
I was hopeful until I saw the trailer and it just looked like Hunger Games- X edition.

Call me when they get rid of Katness.
>>
>hopes
JLaw (I hesitate to even call her Mystique) dies horribly
Apocalypse has some depth and menace
Cosmic shit is set up and established for later films
Plenty of character moments, McAvoy and Fassbender get scenes together
Conflict and material in general is treated seriously
Munn's dialogue and acting is kept to a minimum

>fears
JLaw doesn't die
Singer half asses it and limps along because he can
>>
File: XMJ.jpg (81 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
XMJ.jpg
81 KB, 600x400
>>
File: come on.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>82409543
Calling it now, like all Singer movies the trailers are shit and its going to end up being one of if not the best capeshit release this year.

This literally happened with DoFP two years ago, /co/.

You'd think after all this Snydershit lately, you'd guys learn to not get so caught up in the idea of "hype"
>>
File: 1459389415201.jpg (318 KB, 2016x3000) Image search: [Google]
1459389415201.jpg
318 KB, 2016x3000
>>82415447
>Mercy dies in BvS
>Jubilee dies in Apocalypse
It's always the cutest waifus.
>>
>>82414746
It's because First Class wasn't made by Singer

>>82414952
It's not just "muh red and blue", some DoFP's designs were simply weird. What the fuck was up with Magneto, especially? Why did they give up red for that pink-salmon? Why was the helmet suddenly made of stone? Why was the upper body armoured but the pants were just pants? As if a professional bullets-deflecter like him needs armour anyway
>>
>>82414163
We don't know at all that Jubilee is dying, pretty sure that just started from some guy here claiming he'd seen the movie.

Yes her lack of promo stuff and the fact she's not in the final picture is not a good sign but Singer has a habit of giving characters glorified cameos. It's possible she's just a friend and fellow student and does literally jack-shit apart from hang out with them during a scene.
>>
>>82415502
>Implying Mercy won't be rebuilt into Hope
>>
I know that nobody needs JLaw, but do they even need JLaw? "Blue shapeshifter" can't be too difficult of a role to replace. Especially since she's supposed to be in blue all the time.
>>
>>82415467
Superman Returns
>>
>>82409543
I have no hopes for this movie. I fear it will get great reviews that it won't deserve just like dofp.
>>
>>82412853
>My fear is that this movie will bomb so hard they won't make any more X-men movies for a while outside spin-offs like Deadpool
This is my hope.
>>
>>82413230
>X-Men belong with Marvel.
No.
>>
>>82415981
DoFP got great reviews because the stuff with the old cast pulled all the right strings, i can't see Apocalypse pulling off anything similar unless Isaacs' performance is THAT good
>>
>>82416079
You're right, I'd hate to see the X-Men handled competently with semi-true-to-comic costumes in an ever expanding cinematic universe full of other heroes. Who needs X-Men with block buster special effects or CGI when you can have this Big Lots bargain bin tier treatment.
>>
>>82409543
>Hope
Havoc lives
>Fear
Havoc dies
>>
Reminder that literally every Singer X-men movie has received overwhelmingly positive reviews and can be considered a success.

Don’t get why people suddenly want/expect this to fail; they fucked up twice in a row with The Last Stand and Origins and still kept the rights. That being said this does look the weakest so far because it seems to focus on JLaw and the subpar teen cast.
>>
>>82412781
>one good 2 minute scene.
Intro from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, with Logan and Sabertooth going through wars?
>>
>>82409543
>I literally creamed my pants seeing the after credits scene of DOFP
>everything from this fucking Age of Apocalypse movie looks like total shit

Feels bad, man
>>
>>82409552
The end of DoFP makes it pretty clear that the main characters from the original trilogy all live.
>>
>>82416272
People are worried, because DoFP shat on everything that was in First Class, and was not related to already established characters from X-Men 1 & 2. Return of black leather, when First Class had good costumes is also bad thing.
>>
>>82416293
That's the one, that's how you tell an origin story without any wasted fucking time.
>>
I'm still pissed at /co/ for hyping me up for DoFP. Quicksilver and Blink were the only good things in that movie.
>>
>>82415608
Singer directed several "First Class" scenes.
>>
>>82415007
Looks like Mass Effect armor.
>>
>>82420920
Source? I can only find that he co-wrote the initial script before Vaughn came in and made it his own
And even if he did, that wouldn't make him the director, things still ultimately weren't his decisions. He apparenly was butthurt about his lack of control on FC enough to (temporarily) un-cripple Charles in DoFP, after all
>>
>>82409690
Rebecca Romijn-Stamos was a fucking model and didn't have issues not showing off, what makes this punk bitch think she's any better?

Mystique is blue and proud in the original movies, but NOOOO I have to have identity issues so I can go without makeup 90% of the movie, even though it was a plot point to say Beast shouldn't have to hide his appearance because it's what's inside that matters.
>>
>>82421444
They also hid Beast's appearance by making him a blue furry Hulk.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.