[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Injustice took place in the Marvel universe, which characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: screen640x640.jpg (69 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
screen640x640.jpg
69 KB, 640x360
If Injustice took place in the Marvel universe, which characters can replace the original DC characters? Who's the marvel Superman? Who's the marvel batman?
>>
>>82406340
Tony is Superman, Steve is Batman.
>>
From a power set perspective, Thor/Sentry/Gladiator/Hyperion would be Superman and Batman would be Moon Knight or Daredevil. From a more thematic perspective, Batman would be Iron Man and Superman would be Cap
>>
>>82406340
Most importantly, who's marvel Joker and what can he do to make Ironman go crazy?
>>
>>82406390
Green Goblin and blow up the Johnny Walker distillery.
>>
>>82406390
Norman Osborn kills and rapes Pepper.
>>
>>82406385

of all the characters you listed, maybe only Thor is close to injustice Supes. But Iron Man is perfect to be the villain here, since he can also replace the superman infantry with its own robots, a bit like in Iron Man 2/3, i can't quite remember
>>
>>82406340
Sentry would fit as Supes fairly easily. He's only ever been one bad day from planet smashing.
>>
>>82406658

what's sentry backstory and why would he want to destroy the Earth?
>>
>>82406785
He's nuts.
>>
Killing in the Marvel U isn't as reviled as in DC.
It wouldn't be the first time Tony kills a villain.
>>
>>82406785
He's just some guy who accidentally received the power of a god. He wans to do good, and emulates the superman archetype, but being just some guy, he's flawed. The Sentry power manifests his nightmares into the Void, power uncontrolled. Maybe. There's as much evidence the void is a real being as Bobs delusion.
>>
>>82406385
>Batman would be Iron Man and Superman would be Cap
If we're talking Injustice, i think It'd be way around. Tony always ends up being a facist.
>>
>>82406827
Injustice wasn't the first time Superman had killed either. It's about the aftermath of the death, not the killing itself.
>>
Superman = Hyperion
Batman = Nighthawk
Wonder Woman = Power Princess
Zatanna = Arcanna
Green Arrow = Golden Archer
Hawkgirl = Skylark
Martian Manhunter = Skymax
Aquaman = Amphibian
The Flash = Whizzer
Elastic Man = Morph
Green Lantern = Dr. Spectrum
Hawkman = Blue Eagle

DUH
>>
>>82406340
>Rip the cast from Captain America Civil War >Hulk and Thor
>Wolverine and Deadpool
>Whoever is currently top billing in the comics r>A shit ton of Spider-Man rouge with maybe Red Skull and Loki thrown in for good measure.
>Emphasis on Inhumans
>More obscure comic book characters Marvel handpicks to shill in a mainstream game

I'm basing this off their roster in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
>>
>>82406915

Also he was a meth head before he became the Sentry
>>
File: lgf01a201308221000.jpg (133 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
lgf01a201308221000.jpg
133 KB, 1024x683
No one in Marvel, at least among the big name good guys, presents the same kind of "Oh, shit" feeling at the idea of them going evil like Superman

Hulk going evil is less "oh no, this great hero has turned his back on his ideals" and more "well that guy finally snapped". Already a thing in Days of Future past and arguably Old Man Logan.

Iron Man going evil has been done like 3 times before and he never gets very far

Cap going evil is borderline impossible short of mind control or something. Even if something terrible happened that made him turn his back on America, he'd probably just start beating up supervillains and spies for Europe or China.

An evil Thor doesn't care enough about Midgard to stick around, not when he could smack Silver Surfer off his board mid-flight and bang bang hot space whores if he went evil

Wolverine's pretty easy to deal with, so much so that Mark Millar had to give him a bunch of bullshit technology to make him really threatening in Enemy of the State

Spider-Man going evil might be scary but I think he's too awkward and uncharismatic to get the kind of popular support Superfascist had so he wouldn't be a threat on the same scale
>>
>>82407114
Could Dr Strange work?
>>
It's like you people have never heard of Squadron Supreme
>>
>>82407186
No one would be able to fight him effectively because no one is as good at magic as him

I mean, what does magic fascism even work like? Does he just send a bunch of Mindless Ones around to push everybody around?
>>
>>82407114
I think Cap going evil would have the same effect as Superman. The thing is, people can't stop Superman easily, whereas Cap can be stopped by anyone from Spider-Man to Thor.
I guess that's why in Injustice they had all the most powerful people on Superman's side, because otherwise it'd be like "Why isn't Captain Marvel just beating the fuck out of Sueprman?"
>>
>>82407207
Nobody can stand up to Supes either. That's really why the story works.

Reed Richards takes the Batman role, Doom is Lex. It could work.
>>
File: spidey spidey spidey.jpg (174 KB, 1123x892) Image search: [Google]
spidey spidey spidey.jpg
174 KB, 1123x892
>>82407114
>Spider-Man going evil might be scary but I think he's too awkward and uncharismatic to get the kind of popular support Superfascist had so he wouldn't be a threat on the same scale
Do you even Spidey?
>>
It couldn't.

Closest would be having one of the Superman expies try it, but that wouldn't have any of the same weight.

Thor has no reason to not just fuck off to another realm.

Reed? Then it's just The Maker.

Dial continuity way the hell back and have Crazy Genis try and go fascist?

Pym?
>>
>>82407114
There's Super-precog-assassin Spidey from that one-shot. He's smart enough and nearly impossible to kill.
>>
>>82407283
That's definitely scary, but to be Injustice Superman you need to be scary and influential, not just scary
>>
Captain America goes nuclear and gets most of the big powers on his side
>>
>>82407467
Dammit now I'm just salty about MGS5 again.

This will happen to me for the rest of my life, won't it?
>>
Why do people keep asking questions like this?
There is no Marvel Superman. That would run pretty contrary to the essence of Marvel.
They aren't fucking alternate universes with individual counterparts, they're separate companies.
Marvel would not create a character like Superman because it isn't their style. The Superman of Marvel is the Sentry or Hyperion but they're obviously totally fucking different.
>>
Pre civil war/Avengers Spiderman and Ironman.
Cap is on spidermans' side

Goblin rapes MJ and kills her mayday and aunt may in front of him.
After a massive manhunt he finds him, unmasks him on national television, which basically destroys oscorp then brutally beats him to death using every once of strenght he has.
He wears the bloody rags of the spiderman costume he had on when he killed his family and he murdered osborn in for months. Silently slipping in the darkness of the world.

He then stumbles upon scorpion venom, after moments he destroys him and he welcomes the symbiote back.
>>
Cap and Spidey are the only "paragon of virtue" characters Marvel really has, so the core conflict would have to be between those two. Cap is the only one who could believably build a power base capable of taking over the world, but it would still be an uphill battle.

I imagine some event occurring that drives Cap over the edge completely---maybe something akin to the Nomad arc but more personal and tragic---and convinces him that the Avengers are the only ones who can truly govern the world without falling to corruption. He could convince most of the X-men to fall in line by promising mutant equality in the new world order, Iron man is always down for fascism, and Namor, Doom, and the Punisher would probably respect his new methods. Spidey is initially tries to reason with his former idol, but when the Avengers start toppling governments and killing world leaders who defy them, he sees how far gone Cap really is. Spidey bands together the Fantastic Four and various street-level heroes to form the New Avengers, to resist the regime. Cue the "NAAARGH!"s.
>>
>>82406340
Batman = Cap
Sups = Tony
Flash = Spiderman
Wonder Woman = Captain Marvel
Cyborg = .....
Lex = Reed
Aqua man = Black panther
Shazam = Thor
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Doc Fate = Doc Strange
Nightwing = Bucky
Green lantern = Vision?
>>
>>82406998
So it's the original squadron supreme run
>>
>>82406340

The reverse is better. if Civil War took place in the DC universe who would be pro reg and who would rebel. I think Timm was right that Batman would be more likely to back the government if it really came down to it
>>
>>82406340
I don't get why so many of you seem to be putting Tony in the Supes role. What would possibly be surprising or unexpected about Tony going fascist and Cap wanting to stop him.

Wasn't that basically Civil War?

>>82408031
I think this anon's idea is best so far.
>>
>>82406340
>character loses someone important to him, kills the criminal, then imposes a planet-wide martial law
Sounds like something Tony Stark would do.
>>
>>82408738

It would be better to have Mr Fantastic go full fascist. I know we saw this in the ultimate universe but it's fucking terrifying
>>
File: Agents_of_Hate.gif (59 KB, 258x340) Image search: [Google]
Agents_of_Hate.gif
59 KB, 258x340
>>82408723
Depends. Is the superhero registration thing being handled with any degree of seriousness and gravity, or is it just a half cocked excuse for a fight written by a knucklehead like Mark Millar they point a gun at one of the biggest heroes heads and tell him to get in line or go to jail?
>>
>>82408723
Aquaman would be Namor, WW would beat mothers in front of their kids in name of registration.
>>
>>82408790

Aquaman isn't a cunt. Aquaman is more likely to be Thor telling Iron-Bat to fuck off and leave Atlantis out of this shit
>>
>>82408763
That would be cool. It would also work for the rest of the team and Foundation to slowly question his motives and potentially betray him. Imagine Reed desperately trying to keep control of Franklin for his own nefarious purposes.

Lex would be Doom.

Could Spidey be Batman - or maybe even the Torch, Invisible Woman or Thing?
>>
>>82407269
Cause he can't
Superman froze his mouth and burned his brains
>>
>>82406390
Loki impersonates several political figures and brings back Prohibition, worldwide.
>>
>>82407452
>>82407283
>>82407114
Spider-Man becomes Kingpin and outfits his thugs with Parker Tech, we do Shadowland right. Daredevil is Batman.
>>
>>82408723
For a DC Civil War

Captain America = Superman
Iron Man = Batman
Spiderman = Flash (Probably Wally over Barry though)
Hank Pym = Mr. Terrific
Mr. Fantastic = The Atom (Or Lex Luthor)
Hercules = Martian Manhunter
Namor and the Atlanteans = Wonder Woman and the Amazons
Aquaman = Thor/Clor
Dr. Strange = Alan Scott
Young Avengers = Teen Titans

I'm having trouble figuring out where the Green Lanterns would fit in.
>>
>>82409262
Do what Nova did and have a better event going on at the same time that nobody pays attention to
>>
>>82406986
In the Injustice universe, it WAS the first time Superman killed. Heck, Batman even condemns Superman for killing Parademons, something that heroes do constantly in the main timeline.
>>
>>82407269
Cap going evil could work if you focus on the aftermath of it, other heroes who looked up to Cap, and even the American people could start to waver in their optimism and hope and fall more into nihilism and selfishness, It would be like the entire country losing their cool grandpa, hell you could even have it mirror todays society full of greed and spite
>>
How come no ones ever made Wonder Woman evil?
>>
>>82407269
I think it could work if it were something like Injustice's scenario, where initially he doesn't really "turn evil" just becomes more proactive. The government overreacts, painting themselves negatively, and that eventually leads to him taking over the government itself. It's only afterwards that it becomes obvious that he's evil, but by then they can have plot devices like the super power pills to make Captain America also a physical threat even to higher tier heroes.
>>
>>82406340
>If Injustice took place in the Marvel universe
It's called Civil War.
>>
>>82411484
There was Flashpoint. Also, because she's already evil. In most of those scenarios where Superman turns evil, she's portrayed as pushing him towards that route too.
>>
No single character would have the impact of supes going evil, but I think a team could substitute.

case in point: the Ultimates. They're already aimed in that direction, and they're really powerful.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.