[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the extents and limits of Beast Boy's powers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: e64.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
e64.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
What are the extents and limits of Beast Boy's powers?

Are there any types of animals that he can't transform into?

If he ever got a limb cut off, couldn't he theoretically transform into an animal that naturally grows its limbs back, like an octopus or a starfish?
>>
>>82401589
I think his powers are limitless as long as it is a creature that he can think of that doesn't have consciousness.

I think he would be able to do that, he once transformed into a fucking bacteria and multiplied himself.
>>
>>82401721
He transformed into some bullshit alien creature when they visited starfires planet.

Since they're in the DC universe, can he HYPOTHETICALLY transform into Doomsday? It's some bastard spawn of science and life.
>>
>>82401589
Can he transform into a single-cell organism?
>>
>>82401834
What if he can only turn into things that are born?
>>
>>82401842
There was an episode of the original TT where he and Gizmo entered Cyborg's body that way, with Gizmo having shrunk himself down and BB having turned into a bacteria as >>82401721 said.
>>
>>82401923
Yeah it is pretty weird.

So is Beast Boy just the nnonchalant God of Life or what?

What was his back story?
>>
what was up with that manbeast form he had?

was it a mix of a bunch of different animals?
>>
>>82401925
When he transforms into a bacteria, where does his brain go? Comic book logic?
>>
>>82401834
From the moment I saw that episode I always wondered why he never turned into a Tamaranean if his powers aren't limited to earth animals.

Hell, he could be like the villain from animorphs and just collect the most dangerous forms in the galaxy
>>
>>82402014
Animal Man should be in that position
>>
>>82402354
Beast Boy as the Ben 10 of the DC universe? (Don't mind Dial H)

He could travel to different planets, learning of new alien creatures to become
>>
>>82401589
In the comics he could just turn into mythical shit

Dragons and Unicorns (altho dragons and unicorns do exist in DC so I guess thats fair enough? ) He could also mix shit up, like give himself snake arms and just transform limbs, and give himself human vocal cords as animals to talk
>>
>>82402569
It started when an alien device did what it did
>>
>>82401589
He once because a Pheonix sucided into a guy and came back from the Ashes.

Whatever he can deem a animal a animal he can do it.
>>
>>82401589
Beast boy is actually a miniature horse, he just chooses to stay in human form most of the time so all the regular sized horses don't pick on him.
>>
Imagine if he had Animal Man's powers AND Vixen's necklace.
>>
>>82402588
So pretty much Beast Boy is god tier shapeshifter right?

Does he have solo comics? Shit son, I would've taken him over Cyborg I'm the JL.
>>
>>82402883
They already have Martian Manhunter who is a way better shapeshifter

Try doing recon missions as a green dog
>>
>>82403637
That was actually brought up in Teen Titans GO when BeastBoy was replaced by The Wonder Twins and one of them could transform into animals without turning green

I suppose lizards are the only animals BB can legitimately disguise himself as (even as certain green birds, his beak would still be green).
>>
>>82403819
Or something small enough that the color wouldn't be an issue
>>
What if his powers are limited only by his imagination?

Physicality would've also made sense if he couldn't transform into fucking dinosaurs.
>>
>>82402014

From Wikipedia:

>As a young child, Garfield lived with his scientist parents in Africa, who were developing "reverse evolution" to bring back extinct creatures. He received a certain amount of abuse from these parents, consequently becoming increasingly reclusive. Garfield contracted a rare illness called Sakutia, which is lethal to every species except the West African green monkey. To save his life, his father used an untested serum to change him into a West Africa green monkey for 24 hours, so that the virus could die out. The serum had the unintended effect of turning his skin, eyes, and hair green, and granting him the ability to metamorph into any animal of his choice

Jesus, DC really could pull any old bullshit for an origin story back in the day and people would still buy it.
>>
On a unrelated note, couldn't he technically change his gender if he wanted to?
>>
>>82405167
Well nobody would dream of taking comics seriously back then

Not just DC either. Electro was an electrician who got shocked by a powerline and decided to rob banks
>>
>>82401589
Could BB turn into a Kryptonian?
>>
>>82405169

Well, he can change into asexual organisms so...maybe?

That really opens up a can of worms when you think about it. Can he pick the gender of the animal he shapeshifts into? When he shapeshifts into, say, a specific breed of dog, does he necessarily have to always change into the exact same dog? Does he have an exact, predefined form for every existent species? And if not, doesn't that mean he would be able to shapeshift into other humans, considering "human" is really just another form on the list for him to pick from?

Beast Boy's powers fuck with my brain, hard. I should really go to bed.
>>
File: e12.jpg (102 KB, 676x720) Image search: [Google]
e12.jpg
102 KB, 676x720
>>82405167
Every single word of this is totally retarded and I love it.
>>
>>82402883
He's in Doom Patrol but don't read it
I liked his bit in the new Swamp Thing
>>
>>82405481
The reason I asked is because certain animals can change gender lol
>>
>>82405584
I liked that Animal Man's team in Rotworld were almost all old Vertigo characters.
>>
>>82405167
I liked Young Justice's martian blood transfusion explanation, though of course that raises the question of why everyone isn't doing it.
>>
>>82405167

It explains him turning into a monkey, but how anything else?
>>
>>82402354
why stop at tameraneans like why not turn in to a kryptonian or a fucking god if his powers really aren't limited
>>
>>82405732
He turned into The Monkey King once.
Honestly, I think his powers are broken as hell but he's not really creative enough to really go nuts with them.
>>
File: reptil-e1447819021655.jpg (128 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
reptil-e1447819021655.jpg
128 KB, 639x480
Reptil did this power better.
>>
Which animated Beast Boy do people prefer? I was rather partial to him in Justice League vs Teen Titans, as shoddy as that movie was otherwise.
>>
>>82405762
>but he's not really creative enough
ie, the writers aren't

>>82405793
I always though this character debuted in Super Hero Squad (which sucked). Only thing I know about him is that Pit from Kid Icarus got his start in the VA biz by playing him.
>>
>>82405167
>DC really could pull any old bullshit for an origin story back in the day and children would still buy it
ftfy
>>
>>82405762
i think there a comic where they explain Beast boy can turn in large groups of animal like a rampage of bull and they tell him that beast boy repress his true power and they said "the kingdom of nature see you as their king stop being ashamed and show your true power" or somwthing like that
>>
>>82405841
He can change his body parts into dinosaur body parts
Talon feet
T-rex teeth etc.
>>
>>82402354
He can't turn into species as or more intellegent than himself, they are too complex to control
>>
>>82405895
Did they ever say that from what i got his power have no real limits he's probably too simple and naive to understand his own power or he's repress himself because of fear.
>>
>>82402395
Which one? Doggy style?
>>
I only know about his comic version through swanmp thing, but because his powers were tied to "the red" I always asummed he needed to be on a place where the animals he turned in to were part of the nature there.

hence why he only turned in to the tameranian animal on its own planet, and the hell beast things in trigons realm in "tt vs jl".
>>
If Beast Boy turns into an animal that can change its sex could he use it to turn into a girl?
>>
>>82406314
Thread/
>>
>>82406886
Beast boy could turn into an amoeba
could he self reproduce and have his offspring turn back into beast boy?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.