[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: team tony vs team steve.png (1 MB, 1922x696) Image search: [Google]
team tony vs team steve.png
1 MB, 1922x696
Did you think it was better than Winter Soldier, /co/? Where would you rank it in the MCU?
>>
Now that they've finished pandering to the poor and allowed all the troglodytes to see it, how hype are you now that us regular people are about to see it? How many get to see it early this week? I'm going on Tuesday to an Imax screening.
>>
>>82392718
Going to see it on a Friday morning with a friend.
We're both looking forward to it.
>>
>>82392695
It's seustrating to compare the two because while CW was better than TWS in a lot of ways it lacked it's predecessor's strong narrative thrust.
>>
>>82392695
For me Civil War is the best Marvel Movie from the MCU for now, second is Winter Soldier. Man i fucking love The Russos
>>
WHERE THE FUCK WAS VISION
>>
>>82392718
Seeing the Airport scene in Imax was amazing.

Especially that moment when the two sides clash.

>That Cap 2 + AoU theme appearing in the soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqbZZzyHhg
>>
>>82392980
Using his noclip powers to see through Wanda's clothes.
>>
>>82392962
I love them as well. But I wish we had some company man running Infinity War that actually kept up with the MCU who could incorporate the TV side.
>>
>>82392962
>For me Civil War is the best Marvel Movie from the MCU for now, second is Winter Soldier. Man i fucking love The Russos
Even though I believe Winter soldier has a more focused plot, I do have to give Civil War credit for keeping all the balls in the air and not dropping any of them. Civil War was a much HARDER film to make than Winter Soldier, but they managed to keep it together. That is an accomplishment in itself.
>>
>>82392981
The beggining reminds me of Cap 1, has a WWII-like tone.
>>
>>82392695
I kind of wish Scott and Clint got a little more screen time.
>>
File: 1430943195554.png (727 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1430943195554.png
727 KB, 1024x768
>>82392718
>salty amerifat
don't cry bro, here's a (You)
>>
Do you think Tony attempts to sleep at night crying while hugging the shield?
>>
>>82393183
How would you even hug the shield?
It's pretty big.
>>
How old is Black Panther in MCU suppose to be? The age he looks, the age the actor is, or something in the middle?
>>
>>82392695
I think neither was better or worse. They are both perfect fucking sequels to the previous one.

CW had a more difficult task and is a bit more chaotic, but it works in it's favour.

They managed to introduce 2 new heroes, show a perfectly balanced stand-off between friends without villanizing each other, culminate both Cap's and Iron Man's story, giving the Avengers their ESB.

All while addressing the problems of the former cape movies (MCU or otherwise), putting out a great fucking villain and dealing with the destruction, as well as give each of 14-15 characters a distinct voice, function and agency without resorting to established allegiances (even if they did align), and put out one of the best fight sequences in cape movies.

Say what you will about Civil War, with it's choppy CGI here and there and a loser feel than TWS, but what it managed to do was nothing short of a fucking miracle.
>>
>>82393195
>>82393183
Poor bastard cant even hold his father shield
>>
>>82393106
Scott was GOAT in this film. I wish we had a Hank cameo though.
>>
>Falcon
>Got beaten by an ant and a spider

I think he needs a new gimmick.
>>
>>82393197
I don't know how old the character is but I'm pretty sure his actor is 40 this year.
>>
>>82393178
>salty
??

I absolutely understand why they do it. Anyone who isn't normal can complain about things like this and then Marvel or Disney has to go to court with the SJWs for discrimination.

So no, I'm not salty. In order for default people to enjoy something these days, brown people and trannies need to see it first or else we won't get anything.
>>
>>82392987
I meant in the airport fight.
He shows up and there's this big OH SHIT CAP'S FUCKED moment and then he doesn't appear on screen again for like 5 fucking minutes.
And it's not like Wanda was keeping him in check because she WAS seen in those minutes smacking around other dudes.
>>
>>82393197
I got a late 20's early 30's vibe from him.

He's rash after the death of his father and acts a bit spoiled yet controlled, like a royal would. Pretty great.

>>82393261
He was above them all trying to decide what he could do that wouldn't kill anyone. He's awkward like that.
>>
>>82393106
You said this in the other thread before.

... and you are still right.

Still, I'm glad Clint got his moments.
>>
File: captc1.jpg (810 KB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
captc1.jpg
810 KB, 1280x1896
So... he was the villain, right?
>BUCKY WAS GUD BOY HE WUZ MINDCONTROLLED.
>DUDE I WILL TURN MY PARTNERS INTO CRIMINALS.
>TEH GOV AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME, I CAN FUCK UP ANY COUNTRY I WANT!
>>
File: wtfguy.jpg (108 KB, 646x1305) Image search: [Google]
wtfguy.jpg
108 KB, 646x1305
>>82393253
>brown people and trannies
You're not helping your case anon.
>>
Anyone else really hate when people just throw colorful balls/beams of "energy" at each other? E.g. Ultron's finger lasers, Wanda's red beams, Iron Man's "quick-shot" repulsors (not the concentrated beams). The effects are not consistent and they never feel like they have any force to their impacts. Especially when Captain America shrugs them all off with no issue at all (and then nearly dies to pistol bullets).

He's gotta SELL that shit.
>>
>>82393261
I'm guessing they didn't know what to do with him since he's too OP. We already saw him fight in the story (Against Clint).

I'm guessing they wanted to add emphasis to Spider-man, Ant-man and Black Panther
>>
>All Tony ever wanted and still wants is his daddy's love and approval
>Steve got all of that love and approval
>'You don't deserve that!'
>Discards it like it's nothing

;_;
>>
>>82393296
There were no villains, just good guys that are getting tired.
>>
File: Silent_War_#005_009.jpg (629 KB, 1280x2018) Image search: [Google]
Silent_War_#005_009.jpg
629 KB, 1280x2018
>>82393290
So he was Sentrying it then.
It all makes sense.
>>
>>82393328
He didn't discard it like it's nothing, he just felt horrible about him and probably thought he really didn't deserve it.
>>
File: zeMOE.jpg (59 KB, 1240x827) Image search: [Google]
zeMOE.jpg
59 KB, 1240x827
>>82392695
I'm not trying to start any company war bullshit, but does anyone else think that Zemo in this movie was a better Lex Luthor than the one in BvS?
>>
>>82393296
Commie.
>>
>>82393398
His keikaku was better.
>>
>>82392981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYxquf3cgk
This song marks the time where it all starts going downhill for the characters.

After this everyone starts pulling their punches a bit less and it becomes so much more personal and bleak.

I don't think they let the music shine through very well, but it was pretty perfectly composed.
>>
>>82393398
Zemo was a good Zemo. Not a good Lex.

Zemo is a better villain anyway
>>
>>82393398
Too sympathetic. Lex's an obnoxious ass. BvS got that much right.
>>
>>82393296
Tony has first-hand experience in how people trying to control powered beings are untrustworthy. Sokovia was pretty much his fault. His plans to alleviate his guilt always blow up in his face. Also:

>Hydra infiltrating SHIELD happened.
>Mind control is possible.
>World Council tried to nuke NY.
>Fake face tech is available.

Plus all the real world bureaucracy and politics that would prevent the Avengers from taking action where it's needed.

The accords were not the way to go. Steve defended his buddy, yeah, but he would've done that too for any hunted man he knew was innocent.
>>
>>82393371
From Tony's point of view I think Cap leaving the shield behind was even worse blow than if he'd refused. It just made him seem all the more low and petty for demanding it back.
>>
>>82393398
He didn't give me a Lex vibe, but then neither did Enygma.

Best MCU Lex was Yellowjacket, I'd say off the top of my head. Maybe because he's a bald science business man who just hates the hero's gut.

It's pointless to compare, though.
>>
>>82393435
B-BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE A PURPLE SOCK SO IT'S NOT REALLY ZEMO
>>
>only fights "Nazis" when they've already revolted against the Nazis and become hostile to everyone equally
>spends all of WS fighting evil Americans
>quick to accept murderous Russian-ish criminals as buddies
>revolts against American government and .
starts beating up police
>objects to Tony imprisoning dangerous foreign murderers
>beats up true American hero, Tony Stark
>never says anything patriotic
>stopped using true American handgun M1911 after first movie

Goddamn, why does Captain America hate America and refuse to just crush its enemies? Why is he fighting his countrymen all the time? So his movies can appeal to foreign markets?
>>
>>82392695
There is a Camrip but in spanish right? I would like to see it again
>>
>>82393398
Darren Cross was a better Lex
>>
Quick question then I'm outta this thread but how much previous MCU stuff does one need to watch before seeing this. I'm all caught up but my brother is being autistic and won't go see till he is.

Is TWS and AoU enough, I can't be fucked waiting weeks for him to watch the collective MCU?
>>
>>82392718
>the poor
>Europe
Anon I don't know how to put this, but there are more poor people in America than there are in Western Europe, almost guaranteed

>>82393296
Tony was definitely approaching villainy to me by the end of the film, but I guess the point of the film is that it's not clear who is in the wrong

Zemo was the villain and he was the best MCU villain so far
>>
Spider-Man's outfit was deliberately designed to be somewhat similar in tone to Captain America's to match the tone of the movie.

Does that mean he might get a new suit design for his own film? Every other hero gets a new suit for each film.
>>
>>82393526
Should be enough for him to understand.
>>
>>82393296
The only hero in this film was T'Challa. What he did in the end shows that unlike Tony or Steve, T'Challa was the better man and resolved Bucky and Zemo.
>>
>>82393470
>>82393506
Who's the best MCU black manta, though?

>>82393526
TWS and AOU are the ones to see. Cap 1 and the Iron Mans would also be cool, but not indispensible. Ant-Man too for utter enjoyment.

Interesting to think that outside of Cap and Iron Man, only Ant-Man has had his own movie so far, and it was the last one before this too.
>>
>>82393526
Iron Man 1.
Captain America TFA
Avengers
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Age of Ultron

You could reduce it to the last two, but he might not understand everything about them.
>>
>>82393543
It's likely to get some tweaks, I'd say. They'll surely remove the stripes
>>
>>82393502
...against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
>>
>>82393502
Cap represents ideals. U.S.A is far from defending ideals. It's all about control. He's naive in his patriotism.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQy_P18B0Fg

Was this the song that played when BP had the conversation with Zemo?
>>
>>82393502
Also, the 1911 holds 7 bullets mate, grow up. Any hi-powered revolver would be better. Only nostalgiafags care about them. If you must have them then use a double stacked copy at least.
>>
>>82392695
Where was Agent Hill during all of this? I thought she would've appeared for a little bit.
>>
>>82393609
Maria Hill and Fury are said to appear quite soon
>>
>>82393558
Excuse you, Based Scott was based. He's too good for this sinful Earth.
>>
>>82393531
>Anon I don't know how to put this, but there are more poor people in America than there are in Western Europe, almost guaranteed

American median household income: $54,000

France median household income: $32,000

Absolute poverty rate in France: 10%

Absolute poverty rate in USA: 8.7%

Unemployment in France: 11%

Unemployment in USA: 5.5%
>>
>>82392981
Did you see it in 3D?

I wish my imax theater was playing it in 2D like they did for BvS and TFA
>>
>>82393627
I don't think that would acount for expenses like health ensurance and social security and college fees and the like, though.

Cost of living in america is a bit high, man.
>>
>>82393246
And Paul Rudd is 47 but looks half that. What is their secret?
>>
>>82393627
Does that take into account illegals living off the grid making enough to get by day by day?
>>
File: celery man.gif (842 KB, 1000x1482) Image search: [Google]
celery man.gif
842 KB, 1000x1482
>>82393740
Celery, it's really healthy.
>>
So seeing as how Tony knows who Peter is and how he's kind of an Avenger now or something, will he at least give him some kinda parttime job? Something to help pay the bills and maybe fund his superheroing? Web fluid ain't cheap you know. That shit's like, what, twenty bucks a pop?
>>
>>82393740
Panther-gods and Ant-gods, respectively.
>>
>>82393433
I feel like the melodies weren't a good this time around. Previous movie had the right mix of melancholy and sinister electronics, while this one was more orchestral but too subdued.
>>
>>82392695
>Did you think it was better than Winter Soldier, /co/?
I thought it was better than the Winter Soldier. It managed to juggle all the Avengers and still make it feel like a Captain America movie. If the Russos, Markus and McFeely keep this up, then I believe Infinity War is going to be a sure success.

>Where would you rank it in the MCU?
Probably my favourite movie from the MCU so far, so I rank it at the top.
>>
>>82393790
yeah the one i posted was the only great one, the other were a bit meh. at least the ones i listened to.
>>
>>82393609
I'm surprised she didn't show up considering she got recruited by Tony at the end of The Winter Soldier and her role in the original comics.
>>
I just realised, that if Cap was able to infiltrate and free his colleagues from prison, that means the prison must SUCK and be useless to really keep supervillains in. At the very least, they might be able to keep the inmates contained, but their capacity to stop, say, a Hydra assault from the outside, must be pathetic.
>>
>>82393740
ANTS!
>>
>>82393740
Paul stopped aging in the late 90s I swear to god. He looks almost exactly the same as he did when he first appeared on Friends.
>>
>>82393783
I think he's gonna help fund Peter's schooling, which also means funding his superhero equipment.
>>
>>82393689

The cost of living in America is considerably lower than the cost of living in France. But that's adjusted for cost of living anyway.

Your average American only pays $5,000 in health insurance yearly (most is payed by your employer), and you have to pay for college in France too. You get a much better deal in the USA actually, which is why tertiary education attainment in the USA is 44% vs France's 32%.

Plus this also doesn't consider stuff like France's 20% sales tax.
>>
>>82393842
Considerating that Cap was in Wakanda at the end. I think he might have got a little help.
>>
to be honest i`m kinda disappointed Crossbones is dead.

I really like Grillo.
>>
>>82393842
I'm guessing T'Challa gave him a hand, maybe Sharon too.
>>
>>82393526
If he hasn't watched them at all, at least Iron Man 1, First Avenger, Avengers, Winter Soldier, AOU.

IM2+3 are arguable.

The character's conflicts are very much enhanced by the build up from previous movies. Tony's massive daddy issues, Steve's longing for the past, and their clashes in Avengers and AOU.

Also he won't know who Scott is if no Ant-Man.
>>
>>82393790
>>82393826

That's only problem I have with this movie, the OST was slightly weak.

The only identifiable themes were Winter Solder, Black Panther and Spidey.

The soundtrack really needed some motifs of the other characters like Iron Man and Ant-man. (No Cap 2 theme and no "grand" version of Ant-Man theme is a disappointment)
>>
>>82393587
Yes it is
>>
>>82393879
Yeah, they wasted him. I was genuinely disappointed when he died.
>>
File: ross.jpg (69 KB, 875x699) Image search: [Google]
ross.jpg
69 KB, 875x699
What would Cap have done even if the rest of the team agreed with him?

The US government was telling them to cooperate or effectively be declared enemies of the state.

No one elected the Avengers, so what would Cap have done even if everything with Bucky hadn't happened? Notice Cap doesn't even ONCE consider accepting government oversight and negotiating for rights like being able to refuse missions the team doesn't like, which would've probably happened if he'd just played ball.

All of this was for the team's benefit in the end, otherwise who's supposed to handle the legal side of things in situations of collateral damage? Who's held liable?

By all legal definitions, they WERE vigilantes because they were operating outside both federal and international law.

Seriously, how could ANYONE side with Cap on this? Even forgetting all the shit about Tony's parents, Cap is still 100% in the wrong.
>>
>>82393879
>i was late to the movie buying groceries
>i missed the first part
>>
>>82393624
>implying I'm not a Scott fan and that he wasn't the MVP in this film
Scott was a great guy. He was my favorite addition to this movie, but T'Challa was quite noble in the end by helping Bucky out and preventing Zemo from suicide.
>>
>>82393911
>Notice Cap doesn't even ONCE consider accepting government oversight and negotiating for rights like being able to refuse missions the team doesn't like
But he did.
>>
>>82393911
Cap had issues with the Accords, but the whole conflict was about Bucky.
>>
File: i'm okay.gif (983 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
i'm okay.gif
983 KB, 250x141
>>82393779
>Computer, do we have any, uh, new techniques?
>I have a beta technique I've been working on, would you like to see it?
>..alright
>Hey Scott, I'm Giant-Man, your latest technique. I can't wait to rip you in half.

Alternatively
>Is there anyway to generate a smiling Wanda?
>Not computing
>>
>>82393900
There were a few notes from the Ant-Man leitmotif right before he went giANTS but it was ambiguous enough that it might not even count.
>>
File: 1462134738669.jpg (38 KB, 655x370) Image search: [Google]
1462134738669.jpg
38 KB, 655x370
Did he just cuck Loki in the villain department?
>>
>>82393879
He will return as an skeleton.
>>
>>82393740
Paul Rudd is a literal vampire. You can't compare him to most people.
>>
>>82393900
Don't forget Crossbones. For his incredibly brief appearance, he had a very grimy villain pulse. Stood out for me immediately in the cinema.
>>
>>82392695
Just got back from watching it. Fucking loved it.
One of my favorite Marvel movies so far. Fun as hell, fight/action scenes take up the right amount of time and are all incredibly fun to watch.
"Quips" were not a problem this time, there was just the right amount of humor and it didn't feel forced at all ("language" hurr hurr).
Giant Man was fun, Black Panther was good (though we could have had cooler action scenes with him, I guess), and even Spider-Man was a nice take on the character. At first I wanted to be mad at Marisa Tomei as aunt May, but my dick won't really let me anymore.
>>
File: 1459884026692.jpg (4 KB, 162x164) Image search: [Google]
1459884026692.jpg
4 KB, 162x164
>>82393986
>Skull and Crossbones
>>
>>82393752

Median household wage for illegal immigrants was $36,000 in 2007, which would be $42,000 if adjusted for inflation now. Still higher than the average in France. Granted they probably have bigger households, but they are primarily manual laborers with poor education too (half don't have a high school education), so you'd expect them to be the bottom rung of society.

Plus illegals are only 3% of America's population anyway. They're not really statistically relevant in this kind of thing.
>>
File: 2015-11-09-18h15m59s305.png (950 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-09-18h15m59s305.png
950 KB, 1920x1040
>>82393988
Tell me, why does he wear the Stone Mask?
>>
>>82393900
Zemo had a pretty clear theme too IMO. I didn't really notice one for Black Panther, is there any songs on the OST that feature it clearly?
>>
>>82393968
Definitely.

Heck, I found his characterization legit Netflix-tier, but I'm a sucker for sob stories.
>>
>>82393968
Yes, i want him back
>>
>>82394049
Ancestral Call is the one I think of
It's quite nice if a bit weeaboo
>>
>>82393991
Aunts come in all shapes and sizes nowadays, anon.

All shapes and sizes.
>>
>>82393911
When Tony found out about Zemo's plot, he went against the Accords to meet up with Cap and Bucky to stop him. That shows right there that sometimes they need to act without getting permission first.
>>
>>82393526

Yeah, they're the only thing you need to watch to get the plot of CW.
>>
>>82393988
He's going to have to fake his death like his fellow vampire Prince in about a decade so he can reemerge in another century again. It'll start looking too suspicious otherwise.
>>
>>82393968
I want him and Frank to go to a bar and cry.
>>
>>82393968
Yeah, it's bizarre to think that a normal guy with nothing to lose is a more threatening villain than a God and an all knowing robot with countless clones
>>
>>82393911
I don't know, the government being infiltrated by rogue organizations twice in like a year and Thaddeus Ross, AKA "Creator of Abomination" being in charge tipped him over.
>>
File: 1444678345566.png (110 KB, 269x271) Image search: [Google]
1444678345566.png
110 KB, 269x271
>reviewers complain about the villain
>he was actually pretty damn great

I didn't see that comink.
>>
Anyone else feel like that should've made it a bigger deal the Vision was a thing?

They spent the movie going on about how Wanda is a threat to the public but seemingly ignored the fact that they were responsible for the creation of an omnipotent being which can realistically do whatever the fuck he wants if he felt compelled to. I felt maybe Ross should’ve at least pointed him out in that early scene when he was showing the chaos the Avengers were responsible for.
>>
>>82394140
Maybe because Wanda actually did bad shit and attacked the heroes before? Vision did nothing but help since he came around.
>>
>>82393911
Then they'd become enemies of the state. They're fighting for the people, not the governments.
>>
>>82394140
Wanda literally was a terrorist months before the movie. Vision is a socially awkward infant.
>>
>>82394092
Can you understand the plot by reading a synopsis if you didn't watch AoU?
>>
>>82394140
Vision sided with the accords and confined himself in the mansion to oversee Wanda.
>>
>>82394080
>Nowadays

I'm sorry, anon, but I have literally never met an aunt that was sixty years older than her nephew. Unless Peter's mom was adopted or something.
>>
Which side would other MCU heroes have taken.

We all know Banner would've been on Cap's team.
>>
>>82394131
>The Avengers greatest enemy was not a literal God on a ramapage to conquer a planet, nor a murderous, sentient robot out to anhhilate the Earth but an ordinary man out for some revenge.
>>
Does it bother anyone else that no one commented on Wanda making the Hulk go apeshit in the middle of a city? She probably killed a few dozen people.
>>
>>82394209
Tobey was like 50 when his movie came out, though.
>>
>>82394219
It's like poetry.
>>
>>82394215
>Banner
>not team Stark
Thor would go with Cap along with the Netflix heroes and the Guardians wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>82393988
Five years ago if I told you Paul Rudd was going to play Ant-Man and become beloved in the role would you have believed me?
>>
>>82394231
And she was the main reason Ultron even happened.
>>
>>82394140
>Anyone else feel like that should've made it a bigger deal the Vision was a thing?
Vison did his very best to be an obedient slave, or act like one at least.
>>
>>82394231
Did you miss the part where Stark puts her in a fancy prison because she tends to do dangerous shit? There was no need to mention anything specific, they already feared her enough.
>>
I wonder if Peter would have a hard time against his enemies now , guy has fought with the avengers and tony could probably make him a training room or some sort to help him more develop as a hero.
And from having a CRT computer to future tech? Damn peter is one lucky kid
>>
>>82394140
Vision is Stark's lapdog.
>>
>>82394293
He lost against Cap and was fooled by Falcon, he showed a lot of potential, but wasn't really overpowered.
>>
>>82394258
I think Banner would be on Team Steve just on principle on account of the fact that Ross is Tony's boss now. Just on fucking principle.

Incidentally, does anyone else find it kinda hilarious how Ross and Banner 3 still haven't met yet?
>>
>>82393911
Did you not watch the entire scene with Tony and Steve and the two pens in which he was warming up to the idea, provided some changes later on?
>>
>>82394258
>Banner
>being Ross's bitch
>>
>>82392695
At worst, it's equal with Winter Soldier.

It's definitely the best Avengers movie.
>>
>>82394293
>I wonder if Peter would have a hard time against his enemies now ,

Considering he basically lost every single fight he was in due to inexperience, he's still going to struggle.
>>
I honestly do wanna see the two of them interact. Banner 3's a lot more witty and sarcastic than past Banners so it'd be interesting to see him just piss Ross the fuck off.
>>
>>82394354
>>82394345
He knows better than anyone the consequences of having an uncontrolled monster unleashed in the wild He'd swallow his pride and be a good boy.
>>
>>82394374
He managed to take down Bucky and Falcon and was the primary factor in bringing down Giant Man.
>>
>>82394373
>It's definitely the best Avengers movie.
Not really hard to do. Avengers 1 was average and AoU a disappointment.
>>
>>82394354

>Banner
>fighting alongside psycho bitch who caused worst Hulk rampage ever
>>
>>82394392
>He knows better than anyone the consequences of having an uncontrolled monster unleashed in the wild He'd swallow his pride and be a good boy.
If that was what he believed he would have surrendered himself two Hulk films ago.
>>
>>82393911
>so what would Cap have done even if everything with Bucky hadn't happened?
He would just retire and that's that. In the MCU there would not be any conflict over the Accords, as the heroes would just retire.
>>
>>82394410
He ended up BTFO by fucking Falcon and if anything the Iron Men played a bigger part in taking down giANTS.
>>
>>82394392
Yeah but it's fucking Ross. Tony's an idiot for trusting that faggot.

Banner does not trust Ross. At all.
>>
>>82394427
Well, Ross wants Banner so he can make more Hulks, not to jail him. He could give 2 shits about the damage Hulk does.
>>
>>82394427
>>82394445
And then Age of Ultron happened and he left the earth out of guilt. If he stayed he'd sign in favour of the accords.

>>
>>82394209
It's possible my dad is 51 and some of his nephews are around 3 years old.
I'm 22 and i have an aunt who is 29.
And i had a friend who is older than her uncle, son everything is possible.
>>
>>82394444
Falcon suckerpunched him with a drone, but it's not like it did much. The only thing stopping him and going back in and taking them out was that he was distracted by Captain Fucking America.

And if you're gonna say that losing to Captain America somehow makes him shit then you're talking out of your ass.
>>
File: yous.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
yous.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>82393253
>>82392718
>>
>>82394392
No, he wouldn't. Banner would never subscribe to the notion the Avengers are dangerous.
>>
>>82394410
He still needs experience

I would like to see how he fares against his own villain in Homecoming
>>
>>82394517
It'd depend on the villain.

If the rumors are true and it really is Vulture then he has no fucking excuse for having a hard time. Vulture is a poor man's Falcon. Even if Vulture came first.
>>
>>82394492
>The only thing stopping him and going back in and taking them out was that he was distracted by Captain Fucking America
Are you implying Bucky isn't on par with Captain America? He would lose that fight.
>>
>>82394485
>And then Age of Ultron happened and he left the earth out of guilt. If he stayed he'd sign in favour of the accords.
He KNOWS that Ross would just end up making MORE Hulks out of reasearch his body, if he turn himself in. Ross has no problem creating monsters, he just want monsters he can control.
>>
>>82394550
He was handling Bucky pretty well during their fight. Bucky's a little too heavily reliant on that metal arm of his, so the fact that Peter can easily overpower it kind of complicates matters.
>>
>>82394510
Stark gave in out of guilt. Banner wouldn't be any different.

>>82394556
But we're not talking about allowing the government to experiment on him. Of course he wouldn't trust Ross, but he'd trust Tony and agree that the Avengers should be controlled.
>>
Matt would be on Cap's side. As a lawyer he understands what the accords are trying to do, but he himself operates because of the fact that the system often prevents good and willing people from saving lives or preventing crime.

Jones would probably tell them to fuck off. Alternatively, she would go Cap because she understands mind control and how wrong the power to lord over heroes can go in the wrong/mind-controlled hands.

Cage, funnily enough, might go with Stark. He keeps his nose clean and doesn't get involved unless there's a profit or good reason. He also knows how heroes can fuck up civilian's lives if not controlled.

Thor would be on Cap's side, he's a total bro for Steve, and wouldn't tolerate politicians presuming to tell him whether he can help people who need it or not. He also understands having a lost brother who everyone thinks is evil.

Banner might go Stark, because they're bros and he's really a pushover for him, however Ross being part of the deal might be a dealbreaker for him.

Mockingbird would be team Cap. She's once before chosen the wrong team because she thought it was her duty. After Hydra she wouldn't go against Cap.
>>
>>82394556
>"What happened with Ultron was horrible. To be honest, I shouldn't even be here right now. But I can guarantee you that if Ross gets his hands on me, it'll become a hundred times worse."
>>
>>82394585
You talk as if Bucky wasn't on par with Cap or Panther skill wise. The only reason why Spidey was overpowering them at the beginning was because they didn't knew jackshit about him, if they had kept battling Bucky would've beaten him.
>>
I loved how Parker was constantly ass kissing Tony during the fight

"MUH MR STARK"
>>
>>82394684
Well he's star-struck. I mean, he's practically Stark Lite only without the money, ego and galaxy of issues. So he's nothing like Stark, but he's a genius and a superhero so I guess that counts.
>>
>>82394684
He was a little kid by the time Iron Man appeared and he's supposed to be his childhood hero or something like that.
>>
>>82394684
The man is a personal hero of his, plus he's super rich. I'd kiss his ass as well.
>>
File: nice try anon.png (15 KB, 648x225) Image search: [Google]
nice try anon.png
15 KB, 648x225
>>82393627
>>
>>82392695
Quick question to anyone who knows.

Does Spidey change sides in the movies? or is he totally loyal to RDJ Stark?
>>
>>82394684
I've only seen the leaked airport scene but I think he wants to impress Tony so he'll give him a job when he graduates. Am I off base?
>>
>>82394660
I think Bucky was made a lot less lethal in this movie vs his full fighting capabilities to make him more sympathetic, that he was on the defensive and not really wanting to hurt people anymore was a huge part of what made him worth saving and prove that he was still a good man. He didn't have much of a will to live left, Sebastian Stan stated he'd probably killed himself if it weren't for Steve, and so you have a character that was only half-heartedly defending himself rather than willing to destroy everyone. They made it pretty clear he wasn't wanting to be a killing machine anymore, and that definitely reflects in his fights.
>>
>>82394660
The reason spidey was overpowering them is because he's retardedly strong and secret OP. He'd likely smack the shit out of anyone who isn't thor or hulk.
>>
>>82394781
Totally loyal to Stark. Just excited to be fighting with all of these cool superheroes.
>>
>>82394781
>Does Spidey change sides in the movies? or is he totally loyal to RDJ Stark?

He stays loyal to Stark.

The only person who actively changes sides is Widow.
>>
>>82394783
But you're forgetting he and Cap were on a mission to stop Zemo to release the other WS, something he was taking seriously. He still had a reason to win the fight.
>>
>>82394132
I'm surprised he doesn't mention the whole SHIELD debacle in the film
>>
>>82394832
Panther too, in a way. Widow mostly cuts ties to the whole conflict, Panther actively takes in Steve and Bucky to protect them.
>>
>>82394606
>But we're not talking about allowing the government to experiment on him. Of course he wouldn't trust Ross, but he'd trust Tony and agree that the Avengers should be controlled.
Tony is under the control of Ross now. That's what the Accords have done.
>>
>>82394816
>Captain America
Iron Man, Wanda, Vision, War Machine, ANTS and Bucky could beat inexperienced Spider-Man.
>>
>>82393953
The Accords are more sensible than what was presented in the comics, but even the MCU is a fucked-up place where the World Security Council was going to nuke NYC, the Vice-President of the US was in cahoots with AIM, SHIELD was infiltrated by HYDRA for decades. Can you really blame Steve for being wary?

Hell Senator Stern, the guy that wanted to have Tony handover his Iron Man tech to the government was a HYDRA operative for crying out loud! Tony should know the dangers of putting too much trust in a bureaucracy that can easily be corrupted.

And what if the UN wants to treat the Avengers as their own metahuman army like how Ultimate Marvel treated its heroes? Can they refuse an order if they deem it unethical?
>>
>>82394822
>>82394832
Worthless.
>>
>>82394869
Panther didn't take any sides though. He only allied with Stark during the airport battle to get his claws on Buck.
>>
>>82394711
>>82394734
>>82394756

Oh, I'm not saying it was a bad thing. I really liked how they gave him that extra dimension of wanting to impress Mr Stark.
>>
>>82394877
>implying Tony would let Ross or whoever experiment on Banner
>>
>>82394621
I wonder how Coulson and his team are reacting to Civil War?
>>
>>82393502
>America
>not its own worst enemy
>Cia not funding the coke trade for illegial wars
>not running wepons through mexico
>not funding the taliban
>not funding Serian rebels who became isas
>not installing the SHA as a foreign dictator
>not fighting for foreign powers in a independent country
>not accepting money from the Saudi's
>not the sole reason Isreal exists and is allowed to continue war crimes
>not the entire reason the middle east is destabalised

Do you even modern history?
>>
>>82394684
>I loved how Spider-Man becomes some B-list hero's lap dog

No fuck you.
>>
>>82394929
That's why I say in a way. He had his own side, and he aligned himself with Tony for that purpose, and then realized he was wrong and switched to help the person he was originally trying to kill.
>>
>>82394949
Oh yeah, it's funny how the same thing was going on in Cap's side with ANTS throwing everything out of the window to help Steve.
>>
>>82394964
>I wonder how Coulson and his team are reacting to Civil War?

It's a shame Coulsen died so we'll never find out
>>
>>82393398
Not every villain which uses their intelligence rather than strength is Lex Luthor.
>>
>>82394919
Nah it makes sense in universe. He's only something like 15. Tony Stark has been Iron Man for over 8 years + is a mechanical genius. He's probably been a fan of him ever since he could form sentences. Also Stark promises him money.
>>
>>82395027
You're right. He also needs to make someone drink his piss to be like him
>>
>>82394158
>Vision did nothing but help since he came around.
>Literally first thing he does after being born is attack Thor.
You wot, m8.
>>
>>82394959
He let Ross imprison his teammates and 'friends'. He obviously thought it was wrong, but he complied anyways.
>>
>>82395041
>Also Stark promises him money.
Loved how he was deeply concerned about the money after he offered him the scholarship.
>>
>>82394621
How was Ross going to deal with Thor and Banner if they were around for CW?
>>
>>82394972
>B-list hero
>Implying.
Ever since Iron Man 1, IM has become an A lister.
>>
>>82395092
Yes, the friends that were on Cap side and were declared criminals by the government. Natasha, Vision and Rhodey were safe, even Wanda was before she joined Cap's side.
>>
Is Everett Ross related to Thaddeus Ross in any way? Or is it just sheer coincidence that they've both got the same last name?
>>
>>82395110
The entire plot would've been deescalated very quickly.
>>
The only complaints I would have about the movie are the Spidey 'origin' scene where Tony recruits him is the most out of place feeling scene in the movie - it's not bad at all but it's stand alone and long enough that it definitely feels like something extra rather than an organic part of the movie.

Also the final scene at The Raft, after how miserable they made Wanda look every time they showed her I was disappointed they didn't show her (and Hawkeyes) reaction to Steve coming for them, just Falcon.

Otherwise it was easily Winter Soldier tier. I'm completely back on board for Avengers movies now they're in the Russos hands.
>>
>>82395041
I wonder how Pete feels about Tony not having a no kill code. Is this addressed at all?
>>
>>82395213
Also Thor vs Vision during the airport battle.
>>
>>82392695
Man, literally just saw it, and I am amazed by how well it worked.

Nothing felt forced. Nothing felt superfluous. Zemo's relatively small amount of screentime didn't stop him from being great. Every character had a part to play.

And dat brutal fucking fight at the end.

Definitely one of the best MCU films.
>>
>>82395248
>Implying Thor would fight his own kid.
>Implying Vision would fight Daddy 2.
>>
>>82393968
Yes. I want to see him completely repentant, drafted into the Thunderbolts and given some variety of super-soldier serum.

I then want to see him screw over his team massively, reveal that it was all just a ruse and escape to unleash another keikkaku on Cap
>>
>>82395134
The point here is that Tony didn't agree with locking them up, he knew it wasn't right, but he still backed down when Ross told him to. Do you seriously think Ross would 'just' imprison Banner?
>>
>>82394761
If you get to pick and choose the best European nations, how about we pick and choose the best US states to compare to them? And let's compare Luxembourg to the single richest American county to make it fair.
>>
>>82395279
I always saw Thor as the doctor rather than his parent.
>>
>>82395236
Not mentioned. But the battle was recruited for by Iron Man was supposed to be a 'no kill or seriously injure' deal.
>>
File: 1462093288099.jpg (279 KB, 1360x727) Image search: [Google]
1462093288099.jpg
279 KB, 1360x727
>>82393954
>smiling Wanda
Not even with CGI.
>>
>>82395236

Doesn't come up because the airport fight is strictly a no-kills situation, and Pete specifically is under orders from Tony to keep his distance if he can and concentrate on slowing down/tying up people.
>>
>>82395343
There should have been a Spiderman in there.
>>
>>82395281
THIS

I love the Thunderbolts and blown away how the Assemble cartoon is actually depicting them. I'd kill to see the whole team in live-action.
>>
>>82395288
They were wanted criminals. Tony wasn't in a good position to defend them after they broke the law. The accords only make the government decide when to use the Avengers, they don't give Ross or anyone else the right to experiment or jail superhumans just because, if Banner had signed the thing there wouldn't be any reason for him to be imprisoned.
>>
>>82395314
Doesn't really matter, you were suggesting that they were pandering to poorfags. Are any of those countries above America poor? They could be below America and still not be poor.

Just stop being butthurt that they aren't pandering to your shitty country for once
>>
>>82395403
>they don't give Ross or anyone else the right to experiment or jail superhumans just because
That doesn't give Tony any means to stop Ross once Ross has Hulk contained. No, Ross doesn't have the right, but he wouldn't care and Tony would not be able to object.
>>
>>82395314
>this butthurt because the movie opened up first in other countries
Nigger this has happened with pretty much all Marvel movies.
If you get butthurt after 8 years I don't know what to say.
>>
>>82395411
This is a Captain America movie faggot, it's our fucking movie. When Denmark starts making awesome movies that everyone in the world wants to see I won't complain if they pander to themselves and release there first.
>>
>>82395386
I think it's almost certainly going to happen, and likely sooner than we think. It all depends on Suicide Squad though. If Suicide Squad is actually a good film then I can see them not wanting to seem like copycats.

Part of me thinks that it's no coincidence that Zemo was our first decent villain since Loki.
>>
>>82395326
Thor was the one that gave the empty shell life. Vision is technically Tony, Bruce's, Thors, and Ultrons baby.
>>
>>82395517
>b-b-but it's our movie
Then complain to Marvel for doing this about every single one of their movies.
Spending hours and hours whining like a manchild about it on a thread on /co/ won't achieve a thing.
>>
>>82395499
If Ross fucking imprisons Banner just because of course Tony would have a say on the matter, hell jailing him without a good reason would be fucking illegal super human or not.
>>
>>82395517
America is only good for entertaining or dying for us.

Keep dancing, monkey.
>>
>>82394444
Speaking of Spidey what was that blue disk he threw at Bucky's head at the colum? I'm guessing it was Redwing but Redwing doesn't have a blue top or underside.
>>
>>82394919
For what it's worth, while he's completely loyal to Stark, his personal outlook is all Steve - Tony asks him why he's Spiderman and his answer is along the lines of "if there's something you can do, but you don't... that means what happens is your fault" which gives Tony pause.

Spiderman isn't an ideological core of the conflict like he was in the original story, he's Tony's Quicksilver. He brings him in purely for the airport fight, and immediately tags him out of the conflict afterwards when he sees that putting him in the fight got him hurt.
>>
>>82395521
T-Bolts is very different from Suicide Squad. They're more like the Dirty Dozen of supervillains and criminals.

T-Bolts are reformed bad guys who want to do good and they actually do a fine job.
>>
>>82395517
The movie was mostly made by Americans, you're right. And those Americans decided to let us watch it first of their own volition. Cry about it.

I loved the film, by the way. Having Cap and Bucky end up in hiding in Wakanda was a great ending to the film.
>>
Why didn't Zemo just kill himself as soon as he left the bunker?

Why did he wait?
>>
Why did Bucky job so hard all movie long? He's supposed to give Cap a run for his money even without weapons, and if Cap can fight Black Panther to a standstill then so should Bucky.
>>
>>82395635
gotta have pep talk.
>>
Can someone explain why Tonys suits seem to get brittler and brittler the further in the MCU ?

In the first avengers movie his mark 7 could tank hits from mjolnir, now in civil war it gets clobbered by Caps peak human fists
>>
>>82395598
>If Ross fucking imprisons Banner just because of course Tony would have a say on the matter, hell jailing him without a good reason would be fucking illegal super human or not.
As if Ross give a damn about it being illegal, and Tony would be able to DO NOTHING. There is no recourse here, this isn't the legal system we are talking about. We are talking about an underwater Guantanamo Bay. Ross is God in his domain and your lawyers are powerless.
>>
>>82395517
>be american
>get spoiled on Captain Fucking American movie by foreigners
>get shot
>>
>>82395635
To listen to his dead wife one more time, dude.

>>82395663
To prove he is not a murderer all the time.
>>
>>82395517
>every single MCU movie has released last on USA
>decides to start complaining 8 years later, after a bazillion movies
Leave.
>>
>>82395627
Yeah I know, I meant more that they might be concerned with what people think rather than what is actually the case.

But then again, with Civil War they did a similar thing and gave no fucks about it.
>a film about the two main heroes battling each pother because of the plot of a villain
>scheduled for release at a similar time to BvS
>hell, AFTER BvS so they can't even get in there first
>>
>>82395684
>Can someone explain why Tonys suits seem to get brittler and brittler the further in the MCU ?
He made it easier and easier to get INTO and out of the suit. Compared that to IM1 when it is a struggle to take the thing off.
>>
File: rdjlol.png (424 KB, 610x452) Image search: [Google]
rdjlol.png
424 KB, 610x452
>>82395517
>This mad
>>
>>82393211
Yeah, now that you mention it, this was a crazy ambitious movie. It actually makes the first Avengers look like child's play. Almost hard to believe people were ever wary of it.
>>
>>82395684
>>82395684
>could tank hits from mjolnir

Every hit he took from Mjolnir absolutely rekd him. Even Thor's forehead fucked him up.
>>
>>82395684
MCU Cap isn't peak human, he's straight up super human.

And he wasn't really busting the suit up by hand, he was just clobbering Tony into submission, and when Tony had the suits AI take over it fucked Steve's shit up.
>>
>>82395010
Get out Josh, you hack.
>>
>>82395687
You're just writing fanfiction now.

The issue was if Banner would sign or not. The accords only state when to deploy the avengers and nothing else, having that into consideration Banner, like Stark, would sign out of guilt if he hadn't ran away to Asgard in spite of Ross being involved.
>>
>>82395828
I actually wish Coulson is canon dead in the MCU because that would mean Agents of Shit aren't canon.
>>
>>82395868
Not that anon, but all debate about what characters who weren't there would do is fanfiction.
>>
>>82395868
>The issue was if Banner would sign or not.
Banner would not want to be under the command of Ross. This is the heart of the matter and you can't change that. If it was anyone else in charge, he would have considered it.
>>
>>82395914
Fanfiction inside fanfiction.
>>
http://ellentube.com/videos/0-kj5dmhmr/

>you will never dance with Evans and Lizzie
>>
>>82395936
After what happened in AoU he'd give in.
>>
>>82395978
>After what happened in AoU he'd give in.
Not to Ross, because he knows what Ross wants and it defeats the purpose of giving in if it makes the world a more dangerous place.
>>
>>82395828
Russo's don't take that shitty tv show into account.

Civil War like Ultron doesn't acknowledge Agents of SHIT in any way

It also ignores the 'SHIELD' from Ultron - it only references SHIELD being completely gone as established by Winter Soldier.
>>
>>82396013
That's why he'd be giving in to the accords and UN not to Ross.
>>
>>82395967
Dude's got some serious moves.

Lizzie can't compete. Also too pure to twerk.
>>
>>82396070
>That's why he'd be giving in to the accords and UN not to Ross.
That's not how it works. The UN let Ross run the outfit. The UN doesn't ever decide anything, that's not the UN's purpose. Under the Accords the US Secretary of Defence would be the one running things... And that person is Ross.
>>
File: marvel_s_endless_quipping_.jpg (157 KB, 1024x857) Image search: [Google]
marvel_s_endless_quipping_.jpg
157 KB, 1024x857
The quips worked in this. I don't know how, but the Russo's did it. They managed to make characters like Spideman, Ant-Man and Iron Man equally funny whenever they needed to be, without the humor being off or stale.
>>
>>82396094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xenc2KRvROA

He also scared Olsen pretty bad, kek.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.