[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Villains who did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: Skinner.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Skinner.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1024
ITT: Villains who did nothing wrong
>>
>>82389918
>villain

if you say so reed
>>
>>82389918

He wasn't really a villian but he sure was an asshole
>>
>>82391160
He actively antagonized the protagonists for selfish means. He's totally a villain, but he just ducks out half way through the movie
>>
>Shit chef despised by everyone who worked for him
>Continued to barely stop a famous restaurant from running into the ground by refusing to experiment or innovate
>Was planning a frozen ready meal line that would have absolutely destroyed whatever reputation the restaurant had left entirely for personal gain
>Tried to illegally keep Gusteau's rightful heir from inheriting his father's legacy
>He didn't even like food that much

The only thing he did right at all was trying to kill a rat in the kitchen for health and safety reasons,and reporting that to the health inspector.

What is it with Brad Bird villains and morons going out of their way to deliberately misinterpret the villains as right or justified when the films go out of their way to spell this out so plainly pre-school children can understand that they are bad guys?
>>
File: pirates-of-THE-caribbean-logo.jpg (325 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
pirates-of-THE-caribbean-logo.jpg
325 KB, 1440x900
>>82392847
They do it with a lot of villains.

Also these guys are totally villains but I was always confused as to why they were such dicks about it. Or why the heroes were so dumb.
Breaking the curse was a drop of blood, when it sounded as though they were going to drain the cursebreaker I get the direness but when it was just a prick of the finger what was the issue in trying to be civil?
Pirates I guess.
>>
File: Amon Bigtime.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Amon Bigtime.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
/thread
>>
>>82394000
The entire plot could have been avoided if Elizabeth had told the truth from the start.

I mean if they'd known she wasn't a Turner they might have let her go. They might not even have raped her, no point in raping anyone when you're a rotting zombie ghost who can't feel pleasure.
>>
File: butler2.gif (16 KB, 200x229) Image search: [Google]
butler2.gif
16 KB, 200x229
>Work tirelessly and loyally for the mistress for countless years
>She leaves her entire fortune to her fucking cat and no gratitude to the servant who made her life comfortable
>>
>>82394126
Not just cat, CATS. PLURAL. He was going to have to wait for every one of them to die before he even sniffed the money. Do you know how long cats can live? Cats can live for 20 years or more. Those fucking kittens were going to outlive HIM, he didn't look particularly young.
>>
>>82394126
>He thought he was entitled to something just because he was her Butler

Nigga should have walked out the moment he noticed she was a fan if cats. Cat people are denial and delusional in nature. It's entirely his fault.
>>
File: 1461886192317.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1461886192317.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>82394193
yeah man showing somebody who worked hard for you a bit of gratitude? lmao what a fucking joker I'll give everything to my caterpillars instead
>>
>>82394126
>>82394172
>Crazy old bitch leaves the money to her cats
>Implying he wasn't going to be appointed their caretaker and told how to spend the money as he saw fit on behalf of the FUCKING CATS THAT CAN'T SPEND MONEY

I'd be pissed if I was Edgar too but he still had a ticket on that gravy train. All he had to do was look after a bunch of cats and he'd still be rich. He'd be rich anyway if he wasn't so incompetent he was unable to drown a bunch of kittens.
>>
>>82394126
what was stopping him from getting the money and just spending a bit on the cats too? Who was going to take care of the cats?
>>
>>82394126
He was an idiot, all he had to do was take care of the fucking cats. The money is practically his, and who was gonna care enough to check on them, bitch had no family and friends even older than her. Spay the fuckin cats so they don't have more
>>
>>82392553

That's not villainous, though, just dickish. He didn't do anything technically evil like kill or destroy things.
>>
>>82396249
He attempted to destroy Linguini's chance to know who his father is.
But I think that's too extreme a definition of villain also there's tons of media where the heroes kill and destroy. Granted they're typically killing bad people.
>>
>>82396249
Attempting to stiff a pennyless guy with no family left of his rightful inheritance goes beyond dickish, but I'll agree it's not exactly villainous
>>
>>
>>82396577

Linguini didn't really seem concerned about his heritage, he just wanted a job.
>>
>>82397113
So that makes it okay to break the law?
>>
File: Cape feare 082 _1__0003-1.png (251 KB, 608x435) Image search: [Google]
Cape feare 082 _1__0003-1.png
251 KB, 608x435
>wanted to educate children with the arts and literature
>wanted to put his boss in jail because of the abuse he put him threw
>life is ruined by a drunk Lisa who reveals him and is hated by fellow villagers whom he helped with there grape harvest making it a great success

Need I go on?
>>
>>82397113
Seemed like a big deal when he learned who his dad was. Just because he wasn't crowing about it all the time doesn't mean he didn't care.
>>82397348
The only time he was okay was when he was unjustly imprisoned for his brother's crimes and that Italian thing but just because your boss is a dick doesn't give you the right to rob a nice Hindu shopkeep.
Every other time he's trying to murder innocents or rigging elections.
>>
File: 1461035370225.jpg (89 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1461035370225.jpg
89 KB, 333x500
>>82394063
>/threading your own post
>>
>>82397547

That was only really because he now had something to call his own and was the big cheese for once. Point is, he never seemed to care about finding out who his dad was that much given how it's swept aside.

>>82397243

Still doesn't make the head-chef a villain, just a dick. Complete difference.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.