[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have heard alot of good things about this show, should i watch it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
I have heard alot of good things about this show, should i watch it?
>>
Its okay. /co/ only likes it for the loli.
>>
Don't become a starfag.
>>
File: ALOT2.png (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ALOT2.png
26 KB, 400x300
Don't expect alot of good things, he's not in the show.
>>
>>82385383
no, you shuld do something constructive like studying or going to school to and make something out of your self and finally to grow up. That will benefit you more in the long run.
>>
>>82385774
>dat projecting
>>
>>82385383
Yeah but the first few episodes are really bad so stick with it for a bit
>>
>>82385383
It's alright.
>>
File: sveg.jpg (158 KB, 1870x352) Image search: [Google]
sveg.jpg
158 KB, 1870x352
While having some issues with jokes timing and a handful of episodes that, while not being outright bad, feel "empty", it's a really good show. The first five episodes are a little bit more hit and miss, with the sixth one the plots improves, with some lore and world building here and there, culminating in an unexpectedly "serious" finale. Not the new Gravity Falls, but season 2 is probably going to have more of an overarching plot.

What this show really excels in is the characterization of the two protagonists. Whether you are going to fall in the trap of shipping or not, their relationship is one of the best ever seen in a cartoon. Pic related by an enlighted Anon sums up my thoughts on the matter.

Overall it's an above average show with its funny moments, awesome characters and a great potential for future seasons.
>>
>>82385383
I find it a good alternative to the PPG reboot.
>>
File: SYzNcxe.png (161 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
SYzNcxe.png
161 KB, 600x500
>>82385383
>should i watch it?

NOPE.
>>
>>82385419

/thread
>>
>>82385383

*sigh

sveg got BTFO again, didnt it?
>>
>>82385910
I like how you can tell you're a tripfag in /sveg/ just by the way you write
>>
Why are there so many namefags in that general?
>>
Sure. It's cute and fun and has a likeable lead couple.
>>
It's not shit; it's not a masterpiece.

Decide for yourself how good or bad that makes it.
>>
>>82385774
Don't listen to him OP, I'm starting law school in September and I watched the show (and it's a Canadian law so I should be employable after I'm done).
>>
>>82387251
This.

Are they all just writefags?

I want to join the threads again when the show comes back but I'm not really interested in all the fanfictions there and that's mostly all they talk about. But I guess that'll slow down when the show returns
>>
>>82387352
I dunno but the way they all casually greet each other like "HI WRITEFAG, GOOD MORNING, STAR CO IS STILL BES SHIP, YES?" is really off putting.
>>
It's alright. Nothing particularly special, but it has it's moments and nothing really outright bad. Disney is trying as hard as they can to push it as the big new thing since Gravity Falls left them.
>>
>>82387352
They are seriously fucking cancer and have effectively ruined any chance to talk about the actual show on this board.

They want their damn generals to continue when the second season begins and seem to look forward to new episodes more because they mean they'll have more to write about.
>>
>>82387415
Yeah. I'm surprised with how much content there is with the side-characters who we know nothing about.
>>
>>82387415

take it to fanfic .net or something

if they are what keeps getting the general deleted then they just need to tai sit somewhere else
>>
>>82387505

The general rarely gets deleted, and it's usually due to someone making the threads on Thursday or Mondays.

>>82385383

Yeah, it's only 13 episodes long, and gets into the swing of things around the middle, although I think a lot of people liked it right from the get go, so try to stick with it.
>>
Honestly, I think generals should just be banned on /co/. Let the subject be discussed in normal threads. I don't much care if it 'pollutes' the board, I can just hide/skip.
>>
>>82387754
They're kind of naturally occuring. Changing the name isn't going to help. I remember when the /gfg/ was banned some got through just by starting out with a more specific topic.
>>
>>82387754
I think making /cog/ would be a good idea, I mean it worked when they made a general board for /v/.
>>
>>82387754
All the generals are just moving to /trash/ anyway.

It's kind of dumb. /cog/ needs go be a thing.
>>
>>82387754
I liked the generals when the show was actually airing because it was fun to see the reactions to the episodes in real time, and I wouldn't mind that continuing.

But obsessing over background characters who have spoken literally 2 lines over the whole season is honestly ridiculous. Somehow it went from "oh, cool, these minor characters were given names by the creators" to "these characters are the BEST."

Probably happens because they have no real personalities and so *~anything~* can be done with them (anything being generic shipping scenarios).
>>
>>82387969
Is the level of obsession with background characters as bad as /mlp/ or slightly less pathetic?
>>
>>82388089
Slightly less because there aren't quite as many background characters, and they also seem to stick to the ones that have official names rather than constructing names AND personalities. In fact, they only became interested in one character after the creator mentioned her name.

It's still pretty pathetic that the major characters of the show are pretty much shafted in the threads, though.
>>
File: Image133.jpg (260 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Image133.jpg
260 KB, 1280x720
>>82385383
It's a pretty watchable show, you'll start to like it once you get past all the wacky humor.
>>
>>82387953
Star generals are still allowed here on weekends. It's so fucking bad, man. You can tell how much it pains them to wait a full work week before they can plague this board once again.
>>
>>82388397
Yeah i mean this thread was most likely made by a /sveg/ fag who just wanted to talk about the show again.
>>
janna best girl
>>
>>82387560
I don't know about that whole "gets into the swing of things around the middle" part. I like the show, but the plot really feels like an after thought and not really all that great for people seeking plot. It's a nice tack on but what I showed up for has been pretty consistently good from the start.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.