[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma n/rumor-the-batman-unlik
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 11
File: header4.jpg (520 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
header4.jpg
520 KB, 1920x1080
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/rumor-the-batman-unlikely-to-adapt-under-the-red-hood-but-we-will-see-lots-a141168

>"It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie. According to my sources Affleck and Geoff Johns, who has been working with him on the film, want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns. They're going to have a big, sprawling Bat universe already in place."

Why hasn't he just killed them all since Snyderbat doesn't give a shit?
>>
>Source: Birth.Movies.Death
Kill yourself.
>>
Because it's not Snyderbat it's Affleckbat.
>>
i want dami and his bros in the movie .
But not a white Dami.
>>
>>82385322
I'm totally fine with them not doing Red Hood. I can do with less Batmurder.
>>
>>82385322
There will be a Godfather-esque sequence of Batman massacring all his villains
>>
>unlikely to adapt under the red hood

Thank god.
>>
I personally hope they do the Son of the Bat storyline.
>>
>>82385322
Because he gave up his no killing rule after these villains were locked up, or they went into hiding.
>>
They should use the Morrison villains. Professor Pyg is made for the dark world of the DC movies.
>>
>>82385530
But didn't he still kill after not-killing Superman?
>>
Arkham Asylum.
>>
File: tumblr_lx2ao7HgEZ1qzm3oio3_400.png (139 KB, 284x372) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lx2ao7HgEZ1qzm3oio3_400.png
139 KB, 284x372
>>82385515
I hope damian and his mom are not white in the movie.
irani child actor, arsalan ghasemi as damian
>>
so...Hush??
>>
>>82385598
Yes, but he decided not to kill again after Superman's funeral:
>Men are still good. We fight.We kill. We betray one another. But we can rebuild. We can do better.We will. We have to.
>>
>>82385620
He would be SO freaking perfect as Damian, okay. Look at him shooting that adorable death-glare (yes, it’s an adorable death-glare) at the camera in the middle-left picture. That IS Damian.
>>
>>82385581
cool..
>>
>>82385322
>It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie.
But I only want to see one at a time. I don't want them to blow their load all at once.
>>
>>82385581
I hope they use him and cast Dwight Schultz for the role
>>
Some sort of Arkham Asylum movie?
>>
>>82385738
HOL UP
>>
>cramming as many villains as possible

What is "this stupid approach ruined Batman & Robin, Spider Man 3, and The Amazing Spider Man 2"?

So yeah, obviously, lets do it again!
>>
>>82385708
Dwight Shultz did a great job voicing him in Arkham Knight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXUCu3EhReY
>>
>>82385775
I can be done though. Just have some of them be glorified cameos or have some minor villains serving a major one as disposable henchman.
>>
>>82385322
If this is true than it's definitely going to be based on Hush.
>>
>>82385809

For once I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, since its Affleck. He gets Batman.
>>
>>82385351
>>
>>82385738
Origins would make a great movie. The setup and twist is perfect.
>>
>>82385598
That's cause it was Superman's sacrifice that got him to stop being brutal.
>>
>>82385649
Will he randomly switch between killing and no killing throughout all the films?
>>
>>82385819
How can they do Hush? Tommy Elliot has the same name as Bruce's Dad.
>>
File: zsno.jpg (68 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
zsno.jpg
68 KB, 600x609
are you excited for fucking Hush
>>
Arkham breakouts are classic Batmans stories, that could be cool.
>>
Batman and son.
>>
>>82385899
Simply Epic.
>>
>>82385449
We can't always get what we want and all I want is Clark to have a semi-southern drawl and for Bruce and everyone in Gotham to have a jersey accent.

IS THAT SO WRONG!?
>>
You know what story has a lot of villains vs Batman

Knightfall
>>
>>82385953
That would be a big movie
>>
>>82385953
I don't think they'd use Bane again so quickly
>>
>>82385888
A raped scene, even hinted at, would be seen as triggering instead of traumatically powerful nowadays.
>>
>>82385322
>It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, because Ben wants out and Geoff wants to use everybody and nobody's sure the series will be profitable enough to go on even if Ben wanted to stay in the burning cabin that is his career for the next ten years

>Why hasn't he just killed them all since Snyderbat doesn't give a shit?
Because they're hoping to have a big hit with Suicide Franchise and never have to look back at JL. Only nerds care about it anyway.
>>
>>82385809
The Riddler could be doing riddles that lead Batman to several of his past foes.
>>
>>82385953
so does Hush
>>
Talia but not a white girl.
>>
>>82385888
Is this something Snyder said or something Donald Lawrence Flaherty said?

>>82385899
Only if they get the theme from Sanford and Son.

>>82385980
A raped scene... you're watching a movie and suddenly a Mexican drug cartel burst onto the set and start bazinga everybody...

Rape. My bees.
>>
>>82386025
So exactly like that Arkham game last year?

How original.

>>82386055
>french
>white

why do you think Hitler invaded
>>
>>82385775
Helped out BB and TDK though
>>
>>82385351
>>
File: image.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>82385322
>believing this
>implying it won't be boring lame Jason Todd (again)
UtH is the only Story Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck knows.
At most, they'll pull an Arkham Knight again.
>>
>>82387284
Isn't Ben Affleck a Batman fanboy though?
>>
>>82385809
>I can be done though
Only if the characters are already known to the public and thus don't need an introduction.

Let's be honest, such a story would work better in a mini-serie format or two 2h30 movies Ă  la Kill Bill.
>>
>>82387284
What the fuck are you talking about? You don't know Ben Affleck at all.
>>
File: literally.jpg (369 KB, 1089x773) Image search: [Google]
literally.jpg
369 KB, 1089x773
>>82385620
What's he been in?
>>
>>82385857
>After years of fighting crime, Batman came to the conclusion that criminals are beyond redemption and should be dealt with in the most efficient way possible, even if it means killing them.
>Some alien getting killed by another alien suddenly changes that.
It will be hard for them to backpedal without a good explanation. They could go with setting a better public example to not create more vigilantes or whatever, but I doubt they ever will even bother.
>>
>>82387284
Geoff Johns isn't writing anything, he's just a comic book encyclopedia for Affleck if he has any questions.
>>
>>82385620
Are you tryin to say that kid isnt white?
The guy is aryan as fuck.
>>
>>82385322
Remember kids, BVS was the first movie Batman ever killed in. Yup the first.
>>
>>82388325
>black hair.
>aryan
>>
>>82388062

Superman reminded Batman of Thomas and showed him through example that you can die as a hero without ever compromising. His death also changed the world perception of him.

That's what helped Batman change his ways.
>>
>>82388194
>Geoff Johns isn't writing anything, he's just a comic book encyclopedia for Affleck if he has any questions.

>johns
>knowing shit about batman
Johns knowledge of batman comes mostly form cartoons and movies. I have no doubts Affleck knows more about batman than Johns.
>>
>>82388368
Fins are not aryans are are blonde, fucking americans. You are confusing nordic with Aryan.
>>
>>82385322
God I hope thos is true. We don't need another Jason Todd/Red Hood story.
>>
>>82388434
>Johns knowledge of batman comes mostly form cartoons and movies.

Source: your ass.
>>
>>82388062
That isn't the reason he was offing crooks in BVS though. They made that much clear
>>
>>82388194
Why would a massive Batfag like Affleck need to ask questions about him?
>>
>>82385775
Just don't give every villain an origin story and it'll be fine.
>>
>>82388062
He thought everything was pointless if an alien like Superman could burn the whole place down, so he becomes obsessed with killing him, and so goons die as collateral damage when he tries to get the kryptonite that can kill Superman.
Then he realizes that Superman deep down was a just a person trying to save his mother, and realizes that saving people like his mother actually makes a difference, so he becomes hellbent on saving her even if he has to take more goons lives to do so.
The fight with Doomsday, where he barely gets to do anything compared to WW and Superman, makes him realize that he has to unite and help those like Superman instead of destroying them, because there are worse things out there, and to do that (to be a leader instead of an obsessed loner) he has to become a better person himself (wich is why he doesn't brand Lex and in SS he doesn't have the guns in the batmovile anymore).
>>
>Batman: In the Dark of the Night
>Basically an anthology movie with 3-4 cases, all happening the same night, with a common thread uniting them around a particular reveal and theme
>3 villains that will all require different sets of skill and showcase different character traits
>>
Combine UtRH with Damian coming into his life. Sets up a good reason for a lot of villains with Jason starting a war and Bruce has to deal with the return of two sons.
>>
>>82385322
Fuck it, that's not even a real Batfleck picture
>>
So badly most of the villains will be used as canon fodder in a giant fight sequence and as side characters with glorified cameos
>>
>>82388637

>He thought everything was pointless if an alien like Superman could burn the whole place down, so he becomes obsessed with killing him, and so goons die as collateral damage when he tries to get the kryptonite that can kill Superman.

You're wrong just about this part.

Batman hunted Superman because he thought that since he as a hero failed both his city and allies becoming the jaded person he is now that Superman would eventually fall too and then what? Who would stop an alien hellbent on ruling the world?
Since he was already going to kill Superman, then why stop there? Everything in he path towards his suicide by alien goal was fair play.

But you're right about everything else.
>>
Can't wait for this movie to underperform like BvS and see WB's terrified face when they realize that Batman's popularity is over
>>
File: how about five cross yo lip.png (519 KB, 502x391) Image search: [Google]
how about five cross yo lip.png
519 KB, 502x391
>>82388778
>Implying a giant escape from Arkham showcase would be bad
>>
>>82388702
Now that would be fucking cool. Something that hasn't been done in a cape film as of yet
>>
>>82388529

Johns was a reader of TT, LoSH, flash, the hawks GL, Superman, he was never into wonder woman, vertigo, batman or magic titles.

Hell he started reading wonder woman in 2014
>>
>>82388809
You'll be disappointed.
>>
>>82388850
He writes a fucking Batman story currently, he's read Batman.
>>
That's all I ever wanted from a Batman film. Even if the DCU collapses I won't mind as long as they nail this.
>>
>>82388910
Everyone here is going to say it's shit and use it against you
>>
How many Batman villains will this Batman kill in the movie?
>>
>>82388947
So? He still has a high knowledge of comic book lore, regardless of the character. He's not writing the movie, Affleck is. Johns is just there as his consigliere.
>>
>>82385978
they used goblin in both spiderman flicks, doubt bane would be any differnt, but i doubt they would want affleck in a wheelchair for the whole film so knightfall aint likely.
>>
>>82388975

None, hopefully, because he changed.
>>
>>82388910
>he's read Batman.
We all know that, he read Under the hood, johns isnt a batman guy, deal with it.
>>
>>82388978
>He still has a high knowledge of comic book lore, regardless of the character.

He didnt knew shit about the new gods or wonder woman until 2 years ago.
>>
>>82388975
none, now he just cripples people for life, causes massive concussions and brain damages and leaves people to die from internal bleeding and ruptured internal organs, and everybody is happy that good old no-kill rule Batman is back.
>>
>>82386033
>so does Hush

Hush was just Loeb plagiarizing himself; the Long Halloween and its sequels.
>>
>>82389101
ah, so buisness as usual
>>
>>82388975
He's just going to beat them to near death. He's just going to kill their henchmen.
>>
>every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie

That sounds like a cluttered mess of an idea.
>>
>>82389233
imagine Batman walking through Arkham and seeing a bunch of cameos.
>>
>>82385322
>It's going to be crammed with Bat villains
Why are they trying so hard to destroy DCEU?
>>
>>82389233
ok
>>
>>82385322
>Source: Devin Faraci
Was he ever right when it comes to DCEU?
>>
>>82388360
do i upvote this comment or downvote it ???
>>
>>82385649
He meant that he has to get better at killing, anon.
>>
If they are smart, they'll play out Bruce's killing and extreme brutality in BvS as something that only increases the compassion he has toward his foes.

Make clear that he had a code for most of his "career", but having a Robin die and everything in Metropolis happen in a short time brought him to his darkest side. Have him go back to his rules, and be determined to redeem himself, and use that as reinforcement for believing that people can change and be better.

That belief is fundamental for the character, I think. He's a man defined by his will and the choices he made when faced with tragedy. A man so determined in becoming something more has to believe that others can to, and that by stopping them he's helping them in some way too. Of course, BvS's Batman might have been too brutal for that to stick, even if he had reasons to be that way at that time.
>>
>>82388996
>they used goblin in both spiderman flicks

But that sucked
>>
>>82388809
I'm a capeshit retard like the rest of you yet deep down Batman is the only hero I care about. He's like the American flag.
>>
>>82389451
No, that's Superman.
>>
>>82386127
>Is this something Snyder said or something Donald Lawrence Flaherty said?

It's from the mouth of the Hack himself:

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/2

Read the whole thing. It's full of that kind of shit.
>>
>>82385322
It's sounds like a bad idea so it's probably true.
>>
>>82389451
>while Captain America and Superman exist
no
>>
>>82388702
I'd love to see one story where Batman does some actual detective work.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good fight, but we haven't really seen a movie Batman use his brain very much.

Maybe one story about pure ass-kicking awesomeness, one about pure detective work, and then one that combines those where Batman has to use Preptime and careful planning to take down a powerful enemy in an awesome action sequence.
>>
>>82389385
If they're smart they just won't bring it up because it was retarded.

You're right about the character. I think one reason BTAS Batman is so beloved as a depiction is that as dark and brooding as he could be, that Batman never lost hope or faith in people. He was always shown offering a hand to even his worst enemies and trying to help them change, time after time.
>>
>>82389415
>enormous critical and commercial successes
>sucked
>the BvS butthurt is strong
>>
>>82389415
hey rami goblin was good, but yeah amazing sucked
>>
>>82388975
I don't know he seemed to kill a lot in Burton films but people need to conviniently forget their existance in order to pretend that his first kills were in BVS.
>>
>>82389770
>muh company wars
Kill yourself
>>
>>82389385

If they're really smart they just throw in an allusion that Bruce was actually being controlled/influenced by Darkseid. That's why he was killing and having the dreams.

Something like:
>Batman: I felt it Alfred, the rage he induced, he controlled me into killing.. hes coming... hes Dark...
>Alfred: Sideliner, that's what I was... No more, we will redeem your name Bruce.
>>
>>82389947
The only people who bitch about company wars are assblasted BvS faggots, because they need some excuse to fall back on.

BvS is a failure as a movie, it has nothing to do with "company wars". The first two Raimi Spider-man movies were good movies, it has nothing to do with being Marvel or not.

Someone saying BvS is bad but the Spider-man movies were good isn't engaging in company wars, they're engaging in reality.

But keep holding onto that "company wars" comfort blanket.
>>
>>82390042
No one gives a shit about your company wars. The other anon didn't like the goblins, plain and simple. Put your faggotry away
>>
>>82385322
>want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns.
BvS didn't have enough shit crammed in it.
>>
>>82390042
He's not talking about the first two raimi movies, dummy, he's talking about how the fact that they re-used Gobby in Amazing Spider-Man 2 sucked.
>>
>>82388975

Probably less than Bale
>>
>>82390042
This is what corporate cock suckers really believe.
>>
>>82390170
Or Keaton.
>>
>>82385932
Yes
>>
People are still sperging over that tired ass story??
>>
>>82389354
He was right about Doomsday, but that's about it and pretty much everyone guessed that correctly.
>>
>>82385322
>Red Hood
please no, Red Hood is boring as hell

all the Bat-Villains tho?

hmmmm idk
>>
File: received_982158758558375.jpg (57 KB, 473x716) Image search: [Google]
received_982158758558375.jpg
57 KB, 473x716
>>82392552
>unlikely
Batfleck is saved
>>
>>82385856

Casting call for Arkham Origins The Movie. I start with:

Julia Batelaan as Barbara Gordon.
>>
File: 1395988292027.jpg (76 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1395988292027.jpg
76 KB, 300x300
>Source: Devin Faraci

Literally any other scoop about a funny book movie
>"Faraci"
>"clickbait"
>"greentext"

Any news regarding DCEU
>"IT MUST BE TRUE!"

This is the guy that said DD would suck, & liking JJ less than DD makes you a misogynist, & behind such hits as the "no joke rule" but yet this board & /tv/ eats it up & considers it gospel. Why?
>>
>>82390761

Considering they are over Killing Joke like it's the 3rd Testament, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

No matter how much people may love Red Hood as a character, Jason Todd's resurrection obliterated any importance and meaning of Death in the Family.
>>
File: 1316728376927.jpg (41 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1316728376927.jpg
41 KB, 472x645
>>82385322
Battfleck is literally going to make a 2 hour movie based on GM's Serious House on Serious Earth with Batman TAS' Trial episode.

Battfleck will be put to trial by the whole Rogue Gallery for his branding/killing shit from BvS even tho the whole bizarre parody of the trial will be completely disingenuous of his victims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnLA4Iw7FHA
>>
>>82389101
In comic books people are made of fucking steel unless the plot says otherwise.

It's a good thing that carries over to the games too or Arkhamverse Batman would have a fucking load of manslaughter charges on his ass.
>>
>>82389864

Not at all, to many people Keaton was known as Killer-Batman long before BvS.
>>
>>82387284
What?
>>
>>82385888
>>82385980
It literally is hinted at though. Those asian crims come up to Bruce at the start and do the "poor little white boy" thing and then he beats the shit out of them
>>
>>82388434
Johns and Morrison co developed their Bat and Green Lanern runs and bounced ideas of each other since 52.>>82389097
He didnt say that
>>
>>82389864
>>82393387
How many people did Burton's Batman kill again? I can really only remember Joker and the fat clown in Returns.
>>
>>82389502
christ

go watch The Death of Batman and tell me WB isn't remaking it
>>
>>82385322
>It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie.
You know, I read this, and I thought "Great, another disjointed, overstuffed movie with too man villains." But then I remembered that there have been some good plotlines in the comics that pit Batman against many of his foes, as he uses his detective skills to figure out what shadowy figure is behind all of them. And that's the key, really, not how many villains there are, but whether everything is part of a single cohesive story.
>>
>>82385322
but geoff johns sucks at writing batman

please, affleck, hire (scott) snyder or dini or even greg rucka
>>
Is it true that El mayimbe confirmed that the movie isn't going to be about red hood?
>>
>>82393563
What work in comics will not work movies.

It's actually a pretty bad idea.
>>
>>82385932
>Clark to have a semi-southern drawl

Kansas is in the mid-west and people there don't really have a drawl...
>>
>>82385871
Bwahahahaha
>>
>>82388325
Iranians used to be counted as Aryans by third reich.
>>
>>82385322
>Faraci
>The guy who started the rumor about wan leaving aquman, but now deny it
Why are we still taking this guy seriously?
>>
>>82393477

The Joker, the fat clown, the devil clown he sets on fire with the Batmobile, and technically Kilmer is still the same Batman, so Two-Face too.

Clooney's Batman actually doesn't kill. His rock hard nipples killed all hope for humanity though.
>>
>>82393948
Did Wan ever say anything about it?
>>
>>82393948
For some reason we don't take him seriously unless it's bad press regarding DC stuff. The mystery eludes me.
>>
>>82393950
>technically Kilmer is still the same Batman, so Two-Face too.
Which is funny because he literally has a big ol' conversation with Dick about how he had to stop killing because it was making him a monster and then does it again anyway.
>>
Posted in the other thread but I want to see an Over the Edge adaptation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbEHxvp6v0

Won't happen because of Feminists but a damned good story that humanizes Batman and those against him. It also includes lots of rogues like Scarecrow, Bane, Riddler, Harley, Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter. It includes nightwing too. Batman also fights the cops. For the movie they should twist it so that it was actually Carrie Kelley that was killed by Joker and that is when the story took place. It would also explain why Batman is so crazy now
>>
>>82389864
>but people need to conviniently forget their existance in order to pretend that his first kills were in BVS.

So it's just like the older Superman movies and Man of Steel?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_3esTM_JU

give us pyg
>>
>>82386670

Each of the Nolan movies only really has 2 members of the rouges gallery

>inb4 barsad is deathshot
>inb4 scarecrow cameos
>inb4 Talia being in TDKR for like 5 minutes at the end

BB has Raas and Scarecrow as a side character.TDK has Joker and Two-Face as a side character. TDKR has Bane and Catwoman as a side character. They aren't over villained.
>>
I'd be happy with two hours of Alfred throwing shade at Bruce.
>>
>>82394721

>throwing shade

You have to be at least 18 to post here, anon.
>>
>>82389101
>none, now he just cripples people for life, causes massive concussions and brain damages and leaves people to die from internal bleeding and ruptured internal organs, and everybody is happy that good old no-kill rule Batman is back.

just like muh comics Batman
>>
>>82393616
>wanting comic Synder on anything Batrelated after finally getting him off the book
Kill yourself
>>
>>82393342
Do want. Have flashbacks of Batman stoping them for your action scenes and the big escape at the end.

Could be amazing
>>
>>82389607
>Asskicking villain = Man-Bat
>Detective villain = Riddler
>Asskicking detective villain = Clayface
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.