[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What non-superhero comics are you following? Not trying to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 4936671-01.jpg (470 KB, 832x1280) Image search: [Google]
4936671-01.jpg
470 KB, 832x1280
What non-superhero comics are you following? Not trying to start a 'shitting on capes'-kinnda thread, just curious about what other options are out there right now...
For example, I really enjoy Sheriff of Babylon.
>>
>>82382791
Probably the best, not-Ennis written war comic since The 'Nam. It is also Vertigo's last hope.
>>
>>82382882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSwS4OO51w

Has anyone the power to make it a storytime ?
>pretty please
>>
File: Boot camp.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Boot camp.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>82382882
Relevant.
>>
I'm trying to follow Magekiller and Wytches but it's not working out. Because I never notice when new issues are released and I honestly don't even know if Wytches in on hiatus or not.
>>
>>82382791
I'm following/buying Sheriff, Chew, Southern Bastards, and The Walking Dead.
And I'm reading Y: The Last Man, Sandman, and Shadows West.
>>
>>82382791
Love Sheriff, probably the best book out there.
I also read Unfollow, The Beauty and James Bond.
>>
>>82383717
>James Bond
Isn't that Warren Ellis?
>>
>>82383741
Yep. I was surprised by how much I enjoy it. Really has a Fleming feel to it.
>>
File: The Fix 001-025-026.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
The Fix 001-025-026.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1476
The Fix is gonna be Spencer's masterpiece
>>
>>82383798
I'll have to check it out, because I loved Fleming's novels.
>>
>>82382791
I read too much stuff to list, so I'll just go with the more recently published current titles I'm reading:

The Sheriff of Babylon
Lazarus
Wayward
The Spire
Invisible Republic
Low
Paper Girls
Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses
Velvet
The Fade Out
Dark Corridor
Harrow County
Cluster
Groo: Friends & Foes
The Violent
The Fix
No Mercy
Kaijumax
House of Penance

Also a bunch of manga (Planetes, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Saturn Apartments, My Love Story!!, Tokyo ESP, A Bride's Story, Dark Horse's reprints of Satoshi Kon works previously unavailable in English, etc.)

There's just a lot of great stuff out there beyond the usual superhero stuff, and that's even before you start looking into OGNs and documentary/journalism/historical nonfiction-style works (books like Letter from Sarajevo, for example).
>>
>>82383445
Wytches is coming back in June or July I believe. It's taking the customary "hiatus after the first arc" that nearly all Image books do. That said, Jock and Snyder are working together on All-Star Batman so don't be surprised if it gets pushed back further.
>>
I literally just started reading comics a few months ago, and I'm pretty much only reading IPs I'm familiar with from tv/film/books.

The Dark Tower
Rick and Morty
Bill and Ted
Back to the Future
Quantum Leap
Judge Dredd
Deadpool is the only cape-related
Bob's Burgers

I've downloaded and plan to read:

TMNT
Aliens
Terminator
The Maxx
Evil Dead
Fight Club 2
Ghosbusters
Howard the Duck
Indiana Jones
>>
People in this thread have covered most of the stuff I'm reading, I'd just like to add Deadly Class to the pile. God-tier action sequences in that one.
>>
I'm not "following" much non-cape stuff. There's a crapton of great non-cape stuff in collected trades, back issues, etc. etc. so that's where most of my focus is. The rest of my attention (like, 5-10% of it, if you were going to put a number on it) goes to brand new capeshit.
>>
File: HouseofPenance_3.jpg (161 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
HouseofPenance_3.jpg
161 KB, 640x984
Afterlife with Archie
Aloha, Hawaiian Dick
Archie
The Black Hood
Black Magick
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
The Fix
House of Penance
James Bond
Sheriff of Babylon
Wytches

The Archie book is kinda hit or miss, mostly miss. Considering dropping it. The horror stuff is so good though. Black Hood I have to read in trade because I can't follow it otherwise.

House of Penance, the Fix, and Aloha Hawaiian Dick are all only one issue in but all really promising starts if anyone's looking to pick up something new.
>>
>>82383399
That's exactly how I imagine myself in boot camp. It's a good thing they abolished mandatory army service in my country.
>>
>>82383988
You should try to branch out a bit more, there's a lot of good things mentioned in this thread.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.