[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will IRL superheroes with powers start showing up, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160429_231712.jpg (68 KB, 724x661) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160429_231712.jpg
68 KB, 724x661
When will IRL superheroes with powers start showing up, /co/?
>>
Never...
>>
>>82380841
Long after we're dead
>>
Fantasy =/= Reality
>>
Nobody who has the funds to create a project for human genetic engineering has the crazy to do it.
So your best bet is tech heroes.
But power armor is better used for loading cargo than combat use, and we already have forklifts, so that's never going to be a thing either.
>>
>>82380841
50+ years we might have a drone or something working for the police. Humans are too lazy to fight crime.
Hancock movie is a moderate example of what people with powers would do.
>>
>>82380841
>you will never live a double life of saving people in danger and fighting rogue powered people

Why
>>
File: 1406830762887.jpg (23 KB, 280x246) Image search: [Google]
1406830762887.jpg
23 KB, 280x246
>>82381550
Y-yeah, of course not.
>>
But seriously, if you suddenly had superpowers one day, what would you use them for?

I like to think I'd become a sort of hero-for-hire, because why just save people when you can get money for saving people?
>>
>>82381683
Depends on the power but I'd sooner use them for public work and build an image to exploit later down the line than fight crime or terrorists
>>
>>82381683
Depends on the power.

Superman-tier? Declare myself god-emperor of the world. Cut straight to the chase, no bullshit.

Same with the Flash actually.
>>
>>82380841
When someone builds a particle accelerator and blows it up
>>
If I get someone to close their eyes and relax while standing up, I can move them about without touching them.

Not exactly a super power but it's pretty neat.
>>
Legit superhuman here. I'm too busy shitposting to fight crime.
>>
>>82380841
I once met a guy with a robotic arm, it was controlled by electrodes attached to his spinal cord, and he said it was strong enough to crush an apple, plus it was updating all the time. Thing is the guy was a public speaker/advocate so he's pretty much got the lawful good morals of a superhero.
>>
>>82382576
Legit shitposter here. I'm too busy fighting crime to be on 4chan.
>>
File: 1460308602335.jpg (692 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1460308602335.jpg
692 KB, 2000x1087
>>82380841
>He doesn't know
>>
As soon as you learn to break the laws of physics.
>>
>>82381683
Never reveal it to the public because the government would experiment on me.
>>
The Hypercrisis is bigger than you guys think. Morrison is preparing an "eye-catching!" storyline where it turns out that DC characters are getting "dumped" into "our world" in order to "explore the metaphysical ramifications of what would happen if fiction and non-fiction collapsed together and how we as people would react to fundamental questions being asked about the nature of parallel dimensions, the creative nature of man, the absolute reality of our existence, and the inherent narcissism in assuming that one's world is the 'most meta world' and is not, in fact, just yet another figment of the imagination."

For this purpose, obviously, a fictional version of reality has been created, identical in every way to the real world until about 3 years ago in real time. I have some news. It might be bad news. It might be good news, either way: don't take it lightly. I'm not a DC comics insider or anything like that, I'm a plot device. This is not the real world. This is the copy of the world that Morrison's story is going to take place in. If you are reading this, the version of you that's reading this is, un/fortunately, the version of you that ended up on the fictional side of the split. You are the fictional copy of your real self, who soon enough will probably be bitching about this storyline and about how Morrison is a new-age retard on the real /co/.
>>
Current models of physics claim that the universe that we live in is so large that it contains multiple different versions of our own universe.

The number of different universes directly corresponds to the number of different variations that a single sub atomic particle can have at any given point within our universe. Although this doesn't represent an infinite conclusion, it represents a number is unfathomably huge that it might as well be infinite as far as we humans are concerned.

Due to the fact that each universe changes at such fundamentally small levels, it is reasonable to infer that there is a universe (and therefore, a near infinite number of other universes as well) which does not correspond with our concepts of physics.

Mathematically, there must be a universe where an Infinite Crisis has started, and it will eventually reach us.
>>
>>82384909

'no'
>>
>>82384909
There's also a universe where you're not a huge faggot.
>>
>>82381683
almost no matter what the power i would be a superhero of course i might have to commit some crimes to get the funding
>>
>>82382834
get him to fight crime anon, its your civic duty as an american
>>
I have the uncanny ability to attract mosquitoes
>>
File: antimon.jpg (242 KB, 659x1024) Image search: [Google]
antimon.jpg
242 KB, 659x1024
>>82384909
>what is entropy
>>
>>82380841
They already do, but there is one group of individuals with Superman like abilities and Batman like resources who ensure "accidents" happen to all those gifted individuals who happen to spring up. Check out something called the Trilateral commission.
>>
>>82383651
This
That's the first thing I think about when I imagine myself getting superpowers
>>
>>82385399
What IS entropy? I mean, what is it really? Just a convenient concept to predict the way things unfold in the universe? I mean, that's all fine and good until situations arise that the model you constructed no longer accurately predicts what will happen. So is there an actual "force" pulling things toward disorder, or is that just how it looks to us?
>>
>>82385509
its just when the last sun goes out. its called heat death. because its the death of heat.
http://multivax.com/last_question.html
>>
>>82380841
To be honest lets hope never.

Because someone getting powers in our society will not turn out well.
>>
>>82385585
If I got powers I'd do the only responsible thing: not use them ever

Anyone who disagrees with this course of action is proof that this world doesn't need super powers in its current state.
>>
>>82385650
>wanting to be transnormal
Fucking faggot.
>>
>>82384909
I'm Okay with being fictional. Can I get a writer who I can dictate shit to?
>>
>>82381683
Robbing a bank and living the good life. Maybe help with great catastrophes and such, but i wouldn`t try to be a hero
>>
There's at least that marathon runner who's legs never get tired. That's a super human mutation if you ask me. I don't have sauce, but I've seen a documentary or TV special on the dude.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.