[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to read some She-Hulk Where should I start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
I want to read some She-Hulk

Where should I start?
>>
byrne sensational she-hulk
dan slott she-hulk
>>
>>82379827
Sensational She-Hulk is spectacular. Byrne's issues in particular are 10/10. You can get them all here: >>82337796
>>
>>82380435
I loved Slott's She-Hulk and honestly didn't mind Big Time or Superior Spider-man so can someone please figure out why his writing is cancer now?
>>
What the fuck is with the latest she-hulk where she looks like Arya Stark?
>>
File: She-Hulk_TPB_6.jpg (26 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
She-Hulk_TPB_6.jpg
26 KB, 300x435
>>82379827
I honestly haven't read a BAD She Hulk. This was a pretty great run too, her F4 stuff is great. She is just such a great character that even bad writers can make her enjoyable.
>>
>>82380930
Unfortunately she's gonna die in Civil War II for no good reason. Even though she's leading a team book for the first time
>>
>>82381704
I will legit hurt someone, I love A-force and if an event fucks that I'm I'm going to be mad
>>
>>82381704
>for no good reason
Movie rights.
>>
File: 1285881429652.jpg (568 KB, 1280x1958) Image search: [Google]
1285881429652.jpg
568 KB, 1280x1958
>>82379827
Byrn'e She-Hulk
Slott's She-Hulk
I forget which Avengers run this is from but it's also good

the Secret Wars tie-in where she was a Thor
>>
>>82381704
she'll be back before you know it. Even the guy writing A-Force says he doesn't care because she'll be back so soon
>>
>>82379827
You can start at Jen's origin run, it's not bad, but not all that good either. Next you wanna start reading FF from 265 - 300, and than you just read her runs by Bryne and Slot.
>>
>>82381948
Really? Can I get a source?
>>
>>82381936
Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders
>>
Here's a question:
Why do casuals hate She-Hulk so much? Whether they read comics or not it always feel like people who don't read the character want to talk shit about her. I hate it
>>
>>82382992
I have not experienced any she hulk hate by casuals
>>
love she hulk. i just dont get the new thing with artists making her look like a man/just ugly though.
>>
>>82382992
there are people who hate she hulk? I have never heard of these people. I know lots of people who don't care about her, but no one that hates her
>>
>>82383244
Goyer talked some shit. Probably a good sign, though, since it's Goyer.
>>
>>82382992
the only people who hate she-hulk think she's the hulk's girlfriend
>>
>>82379827
Start with the Sensational She-Hulk #1 through about #8 I think. Byrne left after that, and while it's still enjoyable for a bit, it turns into utter filler garbage until he returns near the end. And leaves again.
>>
>>82382992
The only people who hate She-Hulk are people who think she's some ugly muscle bound green woman and people like >>82383335
>>
I don't dislike she-hulk but I got the first complete collection of Slott's run and thought it was just okay. Maybe it's because I don't like regular Hulk, maybe it's because I don't like tall or muscular girls. I'll give it a second read, maybe I'll like it more this time?
>>
>>82384664
Just read Sensational
>>
>>82383132
>>82383244
>>82383335
>>82383851

http://www.themarysue.com/david-goyer-calls-she-hulk-sex-fantasy/
http://observationdeck.kinja.com/apology-halfassed-from-craig-mazin-over-she-hulk-com-1580450599
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-5-most-ridiculously-sexist-superhero-names-in-comic-1724746197
>>
>>82384812
>Sexist names
Holy shit they're stupid as fuck. Do they not know about the copyright wars?
>>
>>82384812
>All that aside, some people felt that what I said was sexist. I used the word "slut," which they took to mean that I think She-Hulk is a slut.

>They think I slut-shamed She-Hulk.

>First off, my point wasn't that I think She-Hulk is a slut. I don't. I don't think anyone is a slut. I don't think there's anything shameful about female sexuality or the female body.

All this double speak SJW pandering. Author doesn't have an opinion to himself.

and that last article throwing She Hulk in with characters that showed up in one or two issues? Not to mention those are terrible example, /co/ could do a better list. What a shit article.
>>
>>82384812
But she is a a slut, her giving zero shits about who she bangs is part of the fun.
>>
>>82387132
True, it's one of the reasons she my favorite comic book female character.
>>
>>82387132
Who decided to add that to her character? She wasn't a slut for any of her early stuff.
>>
>>82379827

>>82380435
This is pretty much it. The new series they did a year or so ago was garbage, don't even bother with it.
>>
>>82387200
>The girl running around in a leotard
>Not a slut
>>
>>82381936
Who's the artist? Looks like Campbell.
>>
>>82387253
>every woman in fitness from the 70s to 2000 was a slut
I wish.
>>
>>82387253
She-Hulk needs the fluffy hair, why does Cho keep drawing her with sleek, flat hair.
>>
>>82387309
They were, and still are! They are keeping fit to be as fuckable as possible, and be able to do a bunch of kinky kama sutra stuff. Hell couples who exercise together fuck more.
>>
>>82380435

I just haven't enjoyed She-hulk in much outside of these.

I think as time went on the character got bogged down by a lot of responsibilities, which when I was younger, thought was a bit conflicting when I saw She-Hulk as an 'escape' for Jen Walters.

I still remember popping in and out of stories during Secret Invasion in which she had lost her lawyer license and became a grizzled bounty hunter. I just thought.. what happened to you?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.