[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Adventure Time losing steam and ratings, what do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: not up to date.jpg (229 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
not up to date.jpg
229 KB, 1600x900
With Adventure Time losing steam and ratings, what do you think is CN's current flagship show?
>>
>>82378477

TTG! in ratings, but SU in fanbases.
>>
>>82378477
But Gumball in enjoyment.
>>
>>82378492
I dont think they care about anything else but the ratings.
>>
>>82378896
If that's the case, they aren't going to last long with TTG as their flagship show. That show doesn't seem like it'll have the lasting/impact power as Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, Adventure Time, Spongebob, original PPG, Phineas & Ferb, etc.
>>
the Age of CN is over
>>
>>82378492
>>82378915

TTG isn't actually pulling ratings that much higher than CN's other shows when they air new episodes, and is sometimes a bit behind other shows in ratings during reruns.

>>82378896

SU's actually the only show that's been known to surpass TTG during a premier night, unless you count series premiers like the PPG reboot's, but that show's ratings have dropped like a rock since then.
>>
File: CN Now.jpg (199 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
CN Now.jpg
199 KB, 1600x900
>>
>rs will always be runner up
>>
I feel like there must be bad writers for both Adventure Time and Regular Show. Some episodes feel like old times and are actually creative ideas but sometimes it seems like they just shit out an episode that we've seen a million times before. Occasionally a new episode of Regular Show will be really cool like Benson's Suit, but then they give us Gary's Synthesizer and it's like haven't we seen this same basic concept over and over from you? Adventure Time is just getting to deep and weird for me. I understand Finn is a teenager so he is obviously supposed to be more hormonal but he's a straight up pussy now. Doesn't feel like the wacky adventures from the early seasons. I guess with cartoons it's always going to feel like it's getting old after awhile.
>>
Pure airtime and attention, it's Go, not even a question.

SU has a lot of flaws, and they don't play it really barely at all during the week, BUT it has a large following online, AND I've noticed it has a buttload of merchandise. Like, a ton. As much as Adventure Time has/had.

So it's a bit of a conundrum, because we've heard how much CN supposedly cares about that, and yet so few shows have had any significant merch over the years.
>>
>>82380332

I find it pretty strange just how hard they push TTG. I get that it's cheap to produce, but as you pointed out there's not any more merchandise than the other series, and it doesn't get dramatically better ratings either. They have a ton of other shows they could air that get roughly the same ratings, so why push TTG so hard?
>>
>>82379857
>Days of Future cancelation
>>
>>82380496
They must think it's so funny

Or maybe the wave of comic book films might have something to do with it, who knows
>>
>>82380332
>SU has a lot of flaws, and they don't play it really barely at all during the week, BUT it has a large following online, AND I've noticed it has a buttload of merchandise. Like, a ton. As much as Adventure Time has/had.
Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck
>>
>>82379613
>SU's actually the only show that's been known to surpass TTG during a premier night
Not really. Throughout its run its always played second fiddle. Gumball, AT and WBB are the only shows that has beaten TTG at least once on premiere night.
>>
>>82380747

He's wrong on the merchandise, or at least merchandise that isn't akin to a mug with a character's face slapped on it, but they haven't been airing it that often during the week and its internet interest is the largest out of any current CN show.
>>
>>82379968
Dude, RS's been second banana to AT since day one
>>
>>82379613
April 28th
Clarence: 1,362,000 (0.3)
The Amazing World of Gumball: 1,284,000 (0.23)
The Powerpuff Girls: 1,319,000 (0.29)
Teen Titans Go!: 1,484,000 (0.27)
We Bare Bears: 1,385,000 (0.27)
>>
April 23rd
Transformers: Robots in Disguise: 755,000 (0.25)
Pokémon the Series: XYZ: 846,000 (0.27)
Uncle Grandpa: 1,041,000 (0.22)
Regular Show: 838,000 (0.21)
Adventure Time: 914,000 (0.26)

Whelp I can see why they're moving Adventure Time back to Thursdays after this week but I guess that's it for Regular Show.
>>
>>82380771

That's not actually true at all though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Steven_Universe_episodes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teen_Titans_Go!_episodes

Compare the ratings of each and you'll find a few example of SU beating out TTG, and they definitely get similar ratings overall. In fact TTG has had lower ratings dips than SU's ever had from time to time.
>>
>>82380891
You may want to read your sources because that says the majority of the time a premiere of SU never aired on the same night as a premiere of TTG was going on and the last time that happened TTG soundly beat it. The dip in ratings was on a night everything was down and SU didn't air that night afterwards SU only aired new episodes in a weekly secession like it has been doing til now while TTG and always on so the latter is pretty much CN's anchor while the former barely even airs.
>>
>>82380106
AT's problem is there are too many writers, RS' problem is it's been doing the same thing for too long. Still, both have had respectably long runs on TV and movies. But I don't know if they'll be beloved years from now.
>>
>>82380993

I'm not arguing that SU beats TTG 100% of the time, it definitely doesn't, but there are examples in there of it beating TTG on the same night. There's not many, but they're there.

If you're talking about August 6th in particular, several shows did significantly better than TTG that night. What happened on August 6th that made them drop that low anyway?
>>
>>82380496
They think they're on to another Spongebob and DC's trying to make movies, so it'll have a general ground swell of attention. Plus it's easy to make. They only thing they lost are fans of the old show, but that's not going to break them. What will is the steadily declining viewing of TV in general and that young kids don't watch TV if they have the internet.
>>
>>82381036
>But I don't know if they'll be beloved years from now.
AT kicked off the second animation renaissance. well technically Tangled did at least when movies are involved, and resurgence of creator driven works after the crap we got in the last decade and CN's current lineup would not have existed without it hell they were pretty much close to getting rid of all their creators if CN Real became a hit and change the network branding but AT's success made them think otherwise. RS is pretty much a has been though and barely anyone even acknowledges its contribution let alone remembers why it was such a hit back then.
>>
File: 1461728719502.png (271 KB, 632x558) Image search: [Google]
1461728719502.png
271 KB, 632x558
>>82380799
>or at least merchandise that isn't akin to a mug with a character's face slapped on it
Well they have books and a fleshed out mobile game and an actual cheeseburger backpack.

Which is a lot more than most CN shows at least.

>mfw there's going to be a children's book in the Little Golden Book style about lesbian love
>>
>>82381054
>What happened on August 6th that made them drop that low anyway?
I couldn't tell you. Like I said everything was down that night and TTG seem to fluctuate even if it remains in the top percentale of the network viewer share

10 Highest-Rated Premieres on Cartoon Network in 2015:

Teen Titans Go! (January 8): 2,421,000
Teen Titans Go! (July 3): 2,350,000
Teen Titans Go! (February 26): 2,332,000
Teen Titans Go! (June 30): 2,298,000
Teen Titans Go! (February 19): 2,276,000
Teen Titans Go! (June 29): 2,278,000
Teen Titans Go! (July 1): 2,273,000
Teen Titans Go! (July 29): 2,260,000
Teen Titans Go! (April 9): 2,234,000
Teen Titans Go! (February 5): 2,223,000
Look at this shit? Its ridiculous how over-saturated that show is on the network and if NuPPG becomes a hit they'll push it the same way but so far its not looking to be the case.
>>
I'm pretty sure they wanted PPG to be their big new thing, but uh, not sure that's working out so well for them
>>
>>82381228
They desperately wanted an episodic version of Steven Universe, all the emotional progressivism but without any of that ridiculous "serial storyline" bullshit.

Which is just one issue in a million.
>>
>>82381228
That's what happens when you hire artists from tumblr on the cheap and want 28 episodes right the damn now. Probably a rushed decision to try and capitalize on super heroes being big right now.
>>
>>82381228
It might be do to the fact that its trying too hard and is girlier than the original leaving the boys out. Funny thing about TTG is that a lot of girls watch it as much as boys and they do so without trying to pander to either demographic.
>>
>>82378477
Adventure wouldn't be loosing damn rating if they released episodes less than a month apart
>>
>>82381292
They release episodes on a weekly basis for the past like 2 months
>>
>>82381371
On a dead timeslot
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.