[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix the DCEU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: untitled.png (564 KB, 938x888) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
564 KB, 938x888
How do we fix the DCEU?
>>
Nothing needs to be fixed BVS is a great movie
>>
be either smart or fun but be good at one or the other
>>
>>82374636
Go back in time and kill Snyder
>>
File: ja_eddie_dom_rgb_2764x4096.jpg (388 KB, 1300x1927) Image search: [Google]
ja_eddie_dom_rgb_2764x4096.jpg
388 KB, 1300x1927
>>82374636
>How do we fix the DCEU?
Fix Warner brothers, they have made shit movie after shit movie the last couple of years.
>>
Honestly, they already need a reboot. Starting from the Justice League crossover and working their way backwards was a terrible fucking idea and it's really hard to work their way around that original sin.

Other than that, ditch Snyder, pray Affleck can make the best out of Batman, and hope Wonder Woman doesn't suffer by association.
>>
>>82375112
>the philosophical depth and subtle nuance of Zack Snyder's brilliant Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Dude, even writing that ass a troll it must have torn you apart, but you know what, it's not your fault, it's not your fault.
>>
>>82374636
You can not fix a bunch of Contrarians lot, anon. That's basically WB is all about.
>>
File: lol.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>82374636

Fire Snyder. Hire Joss Whedon.
>>
>>82375628
Sad thing is that as bad as Whedon is, he would still probably do a better Superman than Snyder's fucking horseshit.
>>
>>82374636
Sell DC to Disney.
>>
>>82375628
Didn't they fire Whedon?
>>
How did WB fuck up so badly that a movie featuring the two most famous superheroes of all time failed to make even as much as the already divisive Man of Steel in terms of critical rating and money?

And more importantly, why did I enjoy it?
>>
>>82375112
how much did it hurt you inside to write this
>>
>>82374636
Scrap it all and start again later
>>
>>82374636
Fire Zack Snyder, good thing Goyer is finally dropped. Get Miller, Alejandro, Alfonso Cuarón etc strong directors who have worked on WB movies. Although i don't think Alejandro would ever work on a cape movie because he's into high-art stuff like Wes Anderson. Similar to Nolan who actually said he's not going to do any cape after Batman.

Scrape Cyborg solo movie. Fuck diversity, if you so need a black man on screen there is Martian Manhunter.

Push Batman movie directed, acted, written by Affleck soon as possible. Death in a Family storyline with no killing, just to shut these normies up.

Push for a Man of Steel 2, called Man of Tomorrow. Already had 2 dour Superman movies, his 'death' in BvS. Borrows elements from All Star, Up up and Away, Peace on Earth and obviously has a much lighter tone. In end of BvS, it reveals Clark was going to ask Lois to marry him. So you can expand upon the Clark and Superman's life on the implications of his marriage. Isn't Clark also reported to be dead as well dead? Snyder killed Jimmy as well, so might as well scrape the reporter thing and have Clark start a new identity like Jordan Elliot. Homage to Man of Tomorrow.

I think they should really get the trinity 'right' (well received by fans and critics) first, before moving on Flash, GL, Aquaman etc.

WB didn't need to catch up to Marvel with their cinematic universe. And you don't need to make a solo movie of for all the main cast then make an ensemble movie. Making the Justice League movie then doing solo movies would've worked fine.

That said, DCEU only has 2 movies yet. Some people are making out to be like it needs a reboot. Even if they have to backtrack some stuff it's not the end of the world. Just like how the Hulk actor changed from Norton to Ruffalo.
>>
>>82374636
GIVE DC BACK TO MARVEL
>>
>>82374636
Add quips, market it for the average retard, make it boring. If you want cash, just copy Marvel. If you want good movies, keep the same strategy going.
>>
>Drop the Superman is going Injustice route, have him having sacrificed himself for the world changed the timeline from what would have become Ben's future in BVS.
>Have Superman alive again become much happier and less broody now that he has been given a 2nd chance to live and cherish life.
>Doesn't have to be Reeves level bright & happy but Tas levels would be nice.
Audiences just won't accept this Superman otherwise I think.
>Much better editor then what we had on BVS as the editing and flow of the film seem to be the biggest complaint even tho In my personal experience the film flowed fine.
>Lighter and more "fun" not mcu levels of quip and such but a tone closer to TAS + Abrams Star Trek maybe.
>Drop the symbolism, not a fucking thing wrong with it, but it makes too many fuckers violently asshurt.
>No more of Superman or Batman killing, manslaughter or not.
>>
>>82374636
>How do we fix the DCEU?

Reboot. Warner Bros. needs to suck it up and follow by example. Make DC Studios happen. Bring in someone of Feige's caliber and place him at the top. Have New Line Cinema work with DC Studios and start building up Justice League Dark while DC Studios also reboots The Justice League films by starting one at a time. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. Have DC's Feige oversee both and build towards a longterm endgoal where the two will meet. Bring in the slightly different stuff like Sucide Squad and Jonah Hex. Flesh out the Vertigo side with Sandman and Lucifer and give it the tone Snyder desperately wants Superman to have while making the Justice League side more hopeful and heroic. Have DC Studios filled with beloved DC writers. Have the directors of these films be actually respected people from the industry.

It's not hard.
>>
>>82375112

Well meme'd friend.
>>
>>82374636

>Find Snyder
>shove a frag grenade up his ass
>pull the pin
>throw the fucking midget into a wood chipper
>give his job to Whedon
>>
>>82374636
Fire Zack, make Batfleck the director of the DCEU.
>>
If 99 people out of 100 thought that Civil War was a perfectly average but enjoyable enough 6/10 movie then it'd sit at 99% Fresh on RT. It's not like everyone is saying CW is some sort of god-tier perfect film.
>>
This is just starting to get sad. Like put down Old Yeller sad.
>>
>>82375818

So what does that mean about BvS's 68%?
>>
>>82375776
>Audiences just won't accept this Superman otherwise I think.
I don't think audiences will accept bright and idealistic Superman either. That's where a good portion of his hatedom comes from.
>>
>>82374636
I can't wait until contrarians start saying CW is shit and BvS is amazing
>>
File: 1441729451408.gif (3 MB, 419x251) Image search: [Google]
1441729451408.gif
3 MB, 419x251
>>82374636
Why is being a DC fan suffering? I just wanted a decent movie. It didn't have to be great or "capekino" I just wanted something decent that i could go back and watch when i was bored. BUT NO. ZACK HAD TO HAVE HIS GOD DAMNED 2DEEP4U MOVIE
>>
Nah I don't want a reboot. I'm interested to see where this bad-end universe is heading.
>>
Obviously, the answer is more Snyder
>>
>>82375879

It's like the "Ultimate Universe" of comic films

Everyone dies and it gets mixed-to-negative reviews

and one guy is mostly to blame for it all
>>
>>82375872
>BUT NO. ZACK HAD TO HAVE HIS GOD DAMNED 2DEEP4U MOVIE
But that was a good thing and nothing to do with the films flaws.
>>
>>82375880
At this point taking out Snyder would probably do more damage.
>>
>>82375776
>Much better editor then what we had on BVS as the editing and flow of the film seem to be the biggest complaint even tho In my personal experience the film flowed fine.

Well if Snyder stopped making movies that are intended to be 3 hours long like Watchmen, things would look more smoothly and compact. I have no knowledge of how movies are made, but you would think your boss would tell you the length limit beforehand, so you always keep that in mind to tell a story within 2 and half hours. Guess not.
>>
>>82375689
This. I guess I'm just a fucking easily placated retard because I KNOW that BvS is simply a badly made movie through and through but I had a dumb big smile during the whole movie.
>>
>>82375820
The thing about these movies is, you either like the MCU or you don't. From what I've read, only 1 of those 5 negative reviewers also gave BvS a bad rating. 4/5ths made a point to cite and praise BvS while tearing Civil War to shreds. That says fanboy to me. The 1/5th that hated both just tells me he hates all comic book movies. So to me, none of those viewpoints are valid. RT is a strange thing. Everything is subjective except something like Fantfourstic.
>>
>>82375776
>>82375740
>>82375799
You don't need any of this convoluted mess. They just need to write Superman like superman and not try to be all gritty and moody with him.

I want to see a Superman film that opens with
http://imgur.com/gallery/Ijdxh
And then have the movie close with Supes checking in on her just to see how she's doing so you know he never forgot about her.
>>
>>82375879

I'd really like to see Snyder do a Final Crisis movie, but the way things keep going to shit we're probably going to end up with a rehash of Justice League War.
>>
>>82375850
Tell that to the majority who say Donner Superman is the one of the best cape movies.
>>
>>82375918
>You don't need any of this convoluted mess. They just need to write Superman like superman and not try to be all gritty and moody with him.

But he's already been ruined. You can't just have him suddenly be real Superman.
>>
>>82375843
No idea. I'm not sure how the "Audience Liked It" rating factors in. The fresh or rotten rating is only based on reviews submitted either on the site or by critics. Fresh vs Rotten is just basically Generally Considered Good or Bad, no qualitative depth beyond that.
>>
>>82375689
>>82375912
It was a movie with Batman and Superman. If you didn't at least enjoy that, you're a soulless fuck. The movie wasn't even that bad just disappointing.
>>
I got the perfect idea, reboot Batman and Superman again
>>
>>82375941
Who says that? Critics from 1978? Most casual audiences nowadays will say The Dark Knight is the best one.
>>
>>82375962
He died in BvS. Can pull off dozens of asspulls when he resurrects from Justice League.
>>
>>82375985
>If you didn't at least enjoy that, you're a soulless fuck.

It was so bad even that was tainted for me.

We are the dead now.
>>
>>82375985
>Superman

I don't know. That angry guy didn't remind me of Superman at all.
>>
>>82375985
I would posit the opposite, that to enjoy a soulless movie as BvS you'd need to be soulless yourself.
>>
Was I the only one who liked a more troubled Superman? I'm all for trying something new with him. How is it that people are fine with Batman being everything from a gritty avenger to a Dudley Do-Right type, but when Superman is ever different, it's a problem?
>>
>>82376047

>Angry

Oh Jesus, relax.
>>
File: Average Score.png (371 KB, 1130x513) Image search: [Google]
Average Score.png
371 KB, 1130x513
>>82375818
>If 99 people out of 100 thought that Civil War was a perfectly average but enjoyable enough 6/10 movie
pic

>It's not like everyone is saying CW is some sort of god-tier perfect film.

http://whatculture.com/film-tv/captain-america-civil-war-review-10-reasons-its-a-nearperfect-comic-book-movie
>Rating:

>At two points in Captain America: Civil War there's some unconvincing CGI. One is a rubber character model falling like a ragdoll and the other is some iffy greenscreen during a key scene. And that's it. That is literally the biggest criticism I can muster about Marvel's magnum opus.

>To call Cap 3 the best film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is to sell it short. It is borderline perfect, a thrilling, character-driven blockbuster that stands above the rest of the superhero genre, from classics like Superman: The Movie through genre stalwarts like Spider-Man 2, and even out-thrills The Avengers; it is second (or rather fourth) only to Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy (and actually better if you view it from a purely comic book metric).
>>
Remember that quote from Snyder how Superman and Batman are icons, and Ant-Man is just Blank-Man of the week? I think WB in general has this attitude.

It all started wrong with Green Lantern. The way they dumped that movie out there, they just figured Green Lantern was a big deal and of course Joe Average would rush out to see it. I still remember all the movie toys.

People know Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, etc., but Marvel's burrowed into the mainstream enough that WB actually needs to try. They can't just do whatever and hope the name recognition is enough for big profits.
>>
>>82376060
Maybe because 95% of the casual audience never read a comic. A lot of the great Supes comics does have a troubled Superman, but it doesn't last the entire comic and there is a resolution.
>>
>>82376068

He was going to kill Batman

He was going to kill the RED CAPES PISS JAR man

He was fucking furious. He made Batman seem tame
>>
WB needs to stop interfering. I can't help but feel like they're the ones behind making all their movies look like a Harry Potter film.

Which were all pieces of crap, sans the first two.
>>
File: Brucesaveseveryone.jpg (62 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Brucesaveseveryone.jpg
62 KB, 1024x576
They should take up Bruce Campbell on his offer
>>
>>82376093
You know that I'm only pointing out that "near universal enjoyment" doesn't equal "near universal shilling-level acclaim". 8/10 is solid but not amazing as far as scores go. It's basically the minimum that I'd need to see before considering whether to spend money on a movie ticket.
>>
>>82376068

So remember when "Superman" was trying to get Batman to help him save his mother? Batman triggered guns to fire on him and sonic disrupters and other equally ineffective weapons that were laughable. And then instead of explaining himself Superman just bitch-slapped him and vaguely threatened to kill him.

That dude has some anger issues.
>>
>>82376189
I'm still annoyed he didn't just rip him out of the fucking armor and explain himself.
>>
>>82376255

There are a lot of gaps in logic in this movie, particularly where the fight scene is concerned.
>>
>>82376169
>It's basically the minimum that I'd need to see before considering whether to spend money on a movie ticket.
That's pretty steep, all things considered.
>>
Hand the reigns over to Bruce Timm.
>>
>>82375037
wonder woman clips look god awful and gal gaddot isnt good enough to sell. She sucks hairy anus.
>>
>>82376273
In Australia, at least in my town, it's $18.50 for a regular 2D movie ticket.

You're damn skippy I'm gonna make sure it's a good film before I buy a ticket.
>>
>>82375918
>They just need to write Superman like superman and not try to be all gritty and moody with him.
There is no 1 way to write Superman, gritty and moody does not mother fucking equal "not superman"
>>82375962
>But he's already been ruined. You can't just have him suddenly be real Superman.
How the fuck does treating the character conceptually with respect rather then a campy joke equal ruining him?
Regardless he could easily be more hopeful, idealistic and optimistic after his choosing to accept this world as his home and returning from the grave
>>
>>82376255
I'm still mad that Batman didn't just make a few hundred kryptonite rounds and try to kill him right there. He fucking took the bullets head on, he could have easily been dead.
>>
>>82376137
>He was going to kill Batman
As a last resort to save Martha.
>He was going to kill the RED CAPES PISS JAR man
No he wasn't Lex thru Lois off a skyscraper and he still was all "I'll take you in without breaking you, which is more then you deserve"
>>82376137
>He was fucking furious.
He saw pics of his kidnapped mother in torture bondage gear.
>>
>>82376255
>>82376271
>Supes rips open Batman's armor tells Luthor is playing both of them and he has his mother
>Batman and Superman team up to rescue Clark's mom and stop Luthor with plenty of time to spare
The only problem with this is the fact that people want to see Batman and Superman fight each other.
>>
>>82376335

There are always multiple ways to interpret a classic character but in this case it's an unorthodox interpretation (troubled, uncertain Superman in a more gritty world) paired with godawful writing. A more traditional approach to the character won't make it a better story but it might at least score some points from fans.
>>
>>82376367
>a last resort to save Martha.

I don't understand that

In the opening of the movie, a man has a gun pointed at Lois's head, and he whooshes in and handles it no problem

but when his mom gets kidnapped, he can't do the same and negotiates with Lex "pee pee jar" Luthor

This movie was stupid as shit
>>
>>82376370

Then maybe the script should have actually given Superman enough reason to actually want to fight Bats instead of giving up and just having Luthor blackmail him into it.
>>
>>82376402
>but in this case it's an unorthodox interpretation
Not really, its near Earth One, For Tomorrow, Supreme Power in tone. And Clark is better characterized here then he was in EO.

If Batman can have Adam West vs Killing Joke differences in tone and both be considered valid so can Superman.
>>
>>82376429
Because he has nothing to negotiate with the only thing he can offer Lex is doing what Lex wants of him which is to publically kill Batman.
>>
>>82376483
But he literally didn't need to negotiate. He could have saved his mom single-handedly and then ripped Lex's dick off and threw it in the river

He's fucking Superman
>>
>>82376529
Lex could've stopped Superman if he ripped off the roof of the White House.
>>
>>82376529
He had no idea where she was.
>>
>>82376630

So he knows that Lois is in trouble in the Middle East and happens to know that she is falling off of a skyscraper, but he can't find his mother in the city? I'm sorry anon, but that is just shit writing.
>>
>>82376646
>So he knows that Lois is in trouble in the Middle East
>and happens to know that she is falling off of a skyscraper
Lois & him have a public connection, no one knows about Martha, he doesn't have reason to worry about her as much hence why he did not hear her when she was initially kidnapped.
>but he can't find his mother in the city?
She isn't likely to be talkative with her captors or make much noise.
>>
>>82374661
kill yourself you fucking liar.
>>
>>82376717
He could hear Lois from what, a third of the way around the world but he couldn't hear his mom in the same country?

If you're implying he's constantly listening out for Lois then he's kind of stalkery or really untrusting of Lois' ability to take care of herself, placing her in his own perceptual role of "incapable" and stripping her of agency.

So while your excuses are desperate and pathetic, even if they happened to be true it'd paint Superman in a poor light.
>>
>>82376792
>If you're implying he's constantly listening out for Lois then he's kind of stalkery or really untrusting of Lois' ability to take care of herself, placing her in his own perceptual role of "incapable" and stripping her of agency.
Oh FUCK YOU.
He isn't watching everything she is doing like a stalker, he is just monitoring her heart rate and such in case she becomes threatened or clearly upset or in fear.
She can't take care of herself from the threats she is under thanks to her connection to Superman.
She is a normal human being with zero powers or combat ability. Having limits natural to her human nature and the nature of her experience doesn't make her a incapable human being.
>>
>>82374752
Crazy trannies can't tell a story anymore
>>
>>82377270
Does it give him a right to monitor her heartbeat like a fucking lie detector 24/7? I look forward to him reacting to her stubbing her toe and flying halfway around the world to save her from that because he's constantly listening to her, the sick fuck.

Seriously, him doing 24/7 monitoring isn't any better than it just being a script fuckup.
>>
>>82376792

>If you're implying he's constantly listening out for Lois then he's kind of stalkery or really untrusting of Lois' ability to take care of herself, placing her in his own perceptual role of "incapable" and stripping her of agency.

Are you fucking serious?

Are you telling me that in Superman's position, in a world full of super powered criminals and knowing full well that she has been targeted at least twice before, it is "stalkery" and "stripping her of her agency" to protect her?

Lois didn't even have a gun on her when she was in the middle east, what "ability to take care of herself" did Superman have to trust?
>>
File: muricandream.jpg (188 KB, 573x654) Image search: [Google]
muricandream.jpg
188 KB, 573x654
It's simple
we kill the zackman
>>
>>82377307
>Does it give him a right to monitor her heartbeat like a fucking lie detector 24/7?
She is the only person on the face of the earth he loves besides his parents, he sure as god damn hell has the right to protect her from danger.
>>
>>82377325
His mom got attacked in the last movie. Why wouldn't he monitor her?
>>
>>82377350

How the fuck am I supposed to know? I didn't write it.

Maybe he figured his mom was still in bum fuck no where and was listening out for something to happen there. Didn't expect her to get snatched from her job and shit? Maybe he never assumed anyone who didn't know he was a Kryptonian would know Martha was his mother?
>>
File: IMG_3568.jpg (51 KB, 332x439) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3568.jpg
51 KB, 332x439
>>82374752
>>
To an extent, i think DC movies should keep the hint of serious darkness to them, just don't play it as realism. If they start going more 'popcorn' they won't be quite so defined against the marvel movies.

That said, some people were right, to be honest they should do a new superman, a new batman, and then justice league to introduce everyone else. Give bats and superman a cameo in each others movie, but don't turn it into a Vs situation.

Honestly calling it verses was retarded anyway because everyone knew they'd eventually work together anyway.
>>
>>82374636
Marvel makes DC Studios.
>>
File: Worlds-Deadest-Parents.jpg (26 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
Worlds-Deadest-Parents.jpg
26 KB, 504x360
>>82374636
Fixing implies something is broken with it.

I mean, can you "fix" Plan 9 from Outer Space? No. It is as it was meant to be, utter schlock. There is nothing to fix.

Superman and Batman were always meant to be subpar dime novel heroes for children. Trying to fix them is what got us in this grimdark mess in the first place.

I'd rather see a Batman: the Brave and the Bold style movie. That Joe Chill episode could be expanded a bit, maybe to include Superman helping Bruce and acting as his conscience through much of the plot, then Superman is incapacitated during the final confrontation with the Wayne murderer.

There really is no story to tell in the modern DC movies. Just x fights y. The Marvel movies have the same problem at times, but usually at least try to make the story about something. Batman vs Superman tries to make some thing about fearing messiahs, but what message does it send? That messiahs are okay? Good if there's a guy like Lex Luthor around to make Doomsday? What?

DC needs to go back to being what it was originally, escapist fun. The dark and brooding works only when it's just Batman doing it.
>>
File: 1460923659180.jpg (117 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460923659180.jpg
117 KB, 894x1000
>>82374661

I love me some Snyder style but the pacing issues were horrible, too much montage, dreams hallucinations and overblown visuals, it was too much Snyder for me to handle.

With that said I blame WB more anyway and I#m still hyped for JL.
>>
File: hmm.png (706 KB, 631x461) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
706 KB, 631x461
>Batman's solo addresses his obvious killing in BvS. He decides to swear it off and go back to basics in order to inspire hope like his fallen friend Superman.
>Eventually, when Superman returns he will be regarded as the symbol of hope people wanted and they will accept him. Superman learns to enjoy life again after "dying" and basically acts like TAS Superman.
>Get rid of Snyder, keep him as a producer if you must but keep Nolan as Executive Producer. Someone get Andrew Kreisberg over to the DC film side, as a consultant at the very least.
>>
>>82374636
Honestly, it doesn't need much fixing. Some pacing and editing flaws do not make BvS the worst movie ever made. These movies get hated way out of proportions, it's ridiculous hyperbole propagated by the infantile "capes need to be fun and jokey and bright" mentality.

I honestly believe in ten years time time will look much more flavorably on these movies than what the reaction is now.
>>
>>82377760

>I honestly believe in ten years time time will look much more flavorably on these movies than what the reaction is now.

The Star Wars Prequel and Matrix sequel fanboys said the exact same thing at the time.
>>
>>82377608
>DC needs to go back to being what it was originally, escapist fun
All comics were originally that.
All comics try to be something more now.
Do you even read comics? Are you saying that not a single Superman story has done anything right other than "escapist fun", I mean, is that all that All-Star Supes is for you?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
Simple answer is just let comics be comics and find balance in that. DC and WB are too worried that audience won't get it that they have to make it realistic but people don't go to the movies to see reality, they go to escape it. That's why Marvel does well because they let comics be comics and let the audience escape into another universe like GotG or Avengers. Same goes for Star Wars.

It's also why DC Cable TV in many aspects does better than Marvel if you ignore Netflix series. Event hen those do dark and gritty much better than DC does, but I enjoy Flash and LoT a lot more than AoS.

WB thought after Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy that everyone wanted Dark and Gritty and now that it's shown the public doesn't, they're backpedaling so fat with reshoots of Suicide Squad and actors and directors dropping out that'll they'll just fail again. I honestly don't know if there is hope for WB with their corporate mentality.
>>
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/04/rumour-zack-snyder-and-warner-bros-having-lots-of-fights-over-justice-league-and-the-dceu/
>>
File: 1406248015414.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1406248015414.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>82377888
>rumor
>>
Superman and Batman work because they're opposites not because they're the same person like in BvS.

>We'll never see a campy Superman give a grimdark Batman a hard time for laughs
Feels bad.
>>
File: 1448347146484.gif (420 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1448347146484.gif
420 KB, 500x281
lmao waiting for the Director's Cut before I watch it. My dad is dying to see it too. Usually doesn't care about blockbusters. Gonna get fucked up together and hopefully bask in its greatness. I hope it god Snyder doesn't sneak in a 10 minute sex scene again. I think the DCEU is probably fine. Suicide Squad looks fantastic. And if people suck Nolan's dick surely they'll drool over Affleck's Batman trilogy. Wonder Woman looks good too. But eh who gives a fuck about Wonder Woman realyl? I hope there's lots of fap material.
>>
>>82374636
>http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/04/rumour-zack-snyder-and-warner-bros-having-lots-of-fights-over-justice-league-and-the-dceu/

JUST GOOD STORYTELLING AND DIRECTION. DON'T TELL ME IT'S TOO DARK. DON'T TELL ME WE NEED TO RETURN TO ESCAPIST FUN. JUST GIVE ME A GOOD STORY.

Sorry for all the caps.
>>
>>82375112
the bait is strong in this one
>>
>>82377926
That was such a fun run.
>>
>>82375037
>Honestly, they already need a reboot.

The end of Justice league part2 will end with Crisis of infinite earths. Cavill Superman will die (again) and a new Superman will born.
>>
REEEEE SHUT UP SHUT UP EVERYTHING IS FINE BVS WAS GREAT AND MAKE TONS OF MONEY REEEEE
>>
Civil War retroactively makes BvS look even worse.

On the technical side it shits all over it,from all aspects of direction to fight scenes,actors deliver much better performances, and the pacing is phenomenal for a movie that has crammed up like 10 characters besides the 3 protagonists.

But where CW really beats BvS is characterization. All characters and their motivations are done right, and the stakes are personal, that's what makes the movie work.
Cap fights for his best friend, the only thing left from his past life.
Tony realises there's too much blood on his hands, and his ego won't let him take a step back.
BP seeks vengeance for his father's death.
The political shit gets pushed into the backround.

In BvS you have two people going ballistic onto each other because they don't like each other, Lex manipulated them like idiots, and they failed to even try to talk their way out of the fight.
>>
>>82374636
Step one, get rid of either Goyer or Snyder. I don't know which one of them decided that Superman needs to be the distant Messiah figure, but one of them fucked up.
Make sure whoever you replaced them with reads at least three of the following.
>Superman: Birthright
>Hitman: For thee I sing
>Kingdom Come
>All Star Superman
>American Alien
>For All Seasons
>Secret Identity

Knock it off with the Randian bullshit, that's even worse than the Jesus symbolism. Superman, as he has existed for most of his existence, is a rejection of that ideology.

Make Superman's internal conflict the fact that, for all his strength and abilities, it's impossible to save everyone. During the ten minutes it took to knock Parasite out, a woman burned to death on the other side of the city, a drunk driver wrapped his car around a pole, ect.

I'm just some dipshit on an Indonesian cave painting board, and even I could come up with this. I'm sure somebody who's smarter or knows Superman better has better ideas.
>>
>>82376370
That's just it though. I don't WANT to see Batman vs. Superman.
I wanted to see World's Finest.
>>
>>82377400

saved brah
>>
>>82374636
More quips.
>>
>>82374636
Purge it with fire!
>>
>>82374636
Fire synder
>>
File: Vash17.jpg (32 KB, 702x291) Image search: [Google]
Vash17.jpg
32 KB, 702x291
>>82377802
Just dare
>>
>>82378483
Sadly enough, this might actually work. There was no joy in the movie's world.
>>
>>82378526
Yeah, I totally didn't see how that was a party.
>>
>>82377608
back to >>>tv
>>
>>82375985
>It was a movie with Batman and Superman
it looked more like Miracleman and the Punisher
>>
>>82378540
Everything was just dull and unhappy. I don't understand why Superman had a statue, no one in the movie besides Lois liked him.
>>
>>82376189
>>82376255
All of this. Remember how even in DKR they weren't actually trying to fucking kill the other in public and how Superman was all "Bruce...your heart..."

Simply have him grab Bruce and whisper something like "Lex is setting me up. Help me."

Hell, don't have him act like Superman. Just have him act like a decent person with half a brain. Cane we at least have that?
>>
>>82375926
>rehash of Justice League War.
NO NOT AGAIN
>>
>>82376335
There might not be 1 right way to write Superman but there are wrong ways.
>>
>>82378556
This so much
>>
>>82376370
Maybe one should set the heroes up in such a way so that they see like sane, rational people instead of psychotic man children?

The Avengers fought when they first came together but then became friends. Civil War has the weight of friends being torn apart by circumstance.

BvS has the emotional weight of two grumpy pro wrestlers throwing down.

Snyder wants to write icons, but the audience wants characters.
>>
>>82378557
Yea why give him a statue? puny god xD
>>
I just don't get it

Batman v Superman actually took RISKS, it tried to do something different for once and aim a mostly mediocre genre of movies to a higher audience, it tried to achieve something to further the medium and the standard of movies today, and all it gets is nothing but shit left and right.
And here we are, we get another Marvel movie, with the same premise, same characters, same story, same pacing, same cause and effects each and every one of its movies have been having for nearly a decade now, and everyone is praising it like its the next coming of Jesus.

I just want movies to be good, and we had it, but we just turned our backs on it. Why?
>>
>>82376468
>Supreme Power
Hyperion was deliberately anti-Superman. What if instead of the Kents Superman had government flunkies raise him and all that.

>Earth One
I agree. I'm not a fan of Earth One Superman but I can see and appreciate what they were trying to do there. Earth One really should have been Man of Steel.

>For Tomorrow
The one with Wraith? Even there that felt like a very traditional Superman minus killing those aliens that showed up at the very end.

I don't like a moody "Me vs the World" Superman, but I can appreciate someone doing that. As long as they do it well. Snyder didn't.
>>
>>82378661
No, I'm asking you why.
>>
>>82376529
This.

If you want dark Superman have dark Superman act like he has a pair. Lift the chucklefuck up by the neck and give him the glowing eyes.

Superman was intimidated by Pee Pee Jar Lex. I didn't buy it for a fucking second.
>>
>>82378670
Here's the thing about risks. They can fail.
BvS did. By all metrics save personal taste, it failed horribly.
>>
>>82378629
>The Avengers fought when they first came together
For no reason
>Civil War has the weight of friends being torn apart by circumstance.
For no reason

Also, saying "friends" is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
>>
>>82378699
I see you haven't actually seen the movie then.
>>
>>82378415
THIS THIS THIS

It's all about characters and their interactions. CW had vibrant colorful characters. BvS had characters as stale and drab as its digital coloring.
>>
>>82377802
well they were right about the 3rd godfather movie at least

that said no this is never going to be considered good
>>
>>82378699
I will agree with this post. Marvel didn't really show the Avengers coming together and being friends. Every movie had them butting heads and fighting. Age of Ultron showed Tony and Steven at each other's throats over Ultron and Vision and then we're suppose to believe they're BFFs in Civil War.
In the comics we had decades of building instead of 2 movies over a few years.
>>
>>82377307
if she detects something wrong he can expanding the hearing to work out exactly what happened
>>
>>82378425
>Randian Bullshit
>Snyder is going to legit direct The Fountainhead
Oh god. It makes too much sense.

They got a Randroid to direct the superhero who was created to be a socialist folk hero and "savior of the oppressed."

This is some cosmic level humor. Talk about cross purposes.
>>
>>82378756
It's also pretty clear that the Avengers have been operating for 4 years, since that's outright stated. Pretty clearly they've worked together and had good times together. The party at the Tower in AoU didn't suggest they got along just fine? Nor their little conversations and the back and forth they had even when there wasn't something straining the relationship?
>>
>>82374636
Easy: stop trusting critics.
>>
File: Avengers-Age-of-Ultron.jpg (155 KB, 1200x606) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-Age-of-Ultron.jpg
155 KB, 1200x606
>>82378699
>Also, saying "friends" is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

They were friends. The movie make clear that before recovering the scepter they have made several missions offscreen. They work together for three years and they know each other. None of them are best buddies, but they are starting to feel a group even out of the missions. It's a film with time counted, they can not waste too much time just because the audience is too stupid to understand that without being didactic.

So, yeah, Steve, Tony and Thor are friends at the end of Utron, but Bucky is something more for Steve. A brother, someone who comes from his own era.
>>
>>82378766
Gonna be awkward when he hears her masturbating or having sex then. I doubt Lois signed on for that.
>>
>>82378556
THIS THIS THIS

Why couldn't they have just used characters that weren't Batman and Superman?
>>
>>82378556
>it looked more like Miracleman and the Punisher
You just made the movie much more interesting, anon.
>>
>>82378483
i dont know i like quips in marvel movies but im not sure it would work in a dc film
or at least not that volume of quips you can have a few.
>>
>>82374636
>Fire Snyder
That's it, really. Oh, and Goyer.
>>
>>82376093
Now this is shilling.
>>
>>82378670
>Tried to achieve something to further the medium

Retreading the 90's is not going to further the medium.
>>
>>82374636
Remove kebab- I mean Snyder. Get him and his wife out of this.
>>
We need to fix DC fans as well.
>>
>anti-DC threads usually end in praising Marvel
>therefore all anti-DC threads are Marvel propaganda

>>82378892
There aren't any here. Real DC fans are outside 4chan.
>>
>>82378892
Mission impossible.
>>
>>82378827
>>82378819
>Implying people that defend BvS understand how to depict people as behaving as anything other than giant angry caricatures.

The Avengers have popcorn characterization but what characterization they do have dunks hard on Punisher vs Miracleman.
>>
>>82375763
Taken a big old swig of grandma's peach tea, huh anon?
>>
>>82378905
>There aren't any here. Real DC fans are outside 4chan.

You wish, For BVS they have even put a thread blocked by threatening to ban any bearer of Spoilers.
>>
>>82378920
You're aware that the tea is a nice allegory for Marvel movies. It looks like a nice drink but it's actually piss from someone who is not to be trusted.
>>
>>82378934
Reminder that mcufags love to cosplay as DC fans, anon. Why do you think they mention the MCU all the time? Even worse, why do they think the DCEU should be like the MCU when it could be something better, like the Fox X-verse?
>>
>>82378935
>looks nice
>actually piss

Yup that's a Snyder film alright.
>>
>>82378670
Wrong. BvS took risks only insofar as it evidently tried to reinvent the wheel and naturally failed miserably.
It doesn't only want to be a comletely new cape movie, but also a completely new version of Superman and Batman, an innovative approach to editing, a bold score, the foundation of the DCEU etc.
And it fails in every regard.
All the best movies know exactly what they are and don't try to be something they can't be.
You never change a winning team and you don't change a winning formula.
Marvel has a solid foundation for its movies by now.
A solidified tone that allows directors to build on.
They have characters with set starting points and a vague idea of where they have to go.
Still, to claim the movies were all the same is not true.
The directors and stories give them individual character and increasingly so.
With a growing number of less "mainstay Avengers" characters they have become far more diverse in tone.
Winter Soldier was a spy thriller, Ant-Man a heist movie, Civil War borders on character drama and revenge saga. Spiderman will likely be a highschool comedy and I don't even know what to call Doctor Strange.

Yeah, Marvel arguably plays it safe in the big scheme of things, but they take every new movie now some place new and one step further towards Infinity War.
And that is just flat out better than Snyder's delusions of grandeur when he produces a simply incomprehensible mess of a movie that allows critics to have more fun with poking holes into its pretentions than watching it.
>>
>>82378843
>He came to our world. He judged our world. He fixed our world.
>Wide shot of Olympus
>But he could not control his family.
>Scenes of Kid Miracleman raping London
>He could not control himself
>Scenes of Miracleman "burying" his Mike persona.
>For that he must be...Punished.
>Sound of gun loading. White Skull bursts into frame.

PvM: Man vs Miracles.
>>
>>82378962
>Snyder makes Marvel movies
Then what's the problem?

>>82378965
>tried to reinvent the wheel and naturally failed miserably
And that's always better than making the same old crap, like the MCU.

>>82378970
Pity that Marvel doesn't have the balls to make such a movie.
>>
>>82378958
And you, instead, what's your cosplay now?
>>
The way I see it, Marvel has the big screen, and DC has the small screen. Yeah, Marvel has some truly astounding movies, but aside from the '70s Incredible Hulk, I can't really think of a good Marvel TV series.

Agents of SHIELD is just shit. It's like... you have the Avengers in the movies, but nobody can afford them in the TV series, then you have all these B list and C list superheroes, but that might require more than a $5 special effects budget, so in a superheroic universe, we focus on a bunch of non-powered choads.

What next, Agents of Mister Softee?
>>
>>82374636
Take every director and writer they hire to make their movies, and lock them in a bunker with the comics they're adapting, only giving them food and water after they read 100 comics per day each. They're allowed to come out once they get through all of them. And on every wall will be a TV with Deadpool on continuous loop with a voice over saying over and over, "Look how good things can be when you follow the source material. Comics have existed for 80 years, you do not need to make changes to something that's already successful."
>>
File: RDJ's career after the MCU.jpg (244 KB, 607x763) Image search: [Google]
RDJ's career after the MCU.jpg
244 KB, 607x763
>>82379002
Cosplay is for losers or furries, anon.
>>
>>82378935
Uh huh. Just take another swig.
I wonder how many drafts he had to go through before he settled on "piss" and "peach tea"
>You don't shit in a paper bag and tell me it's Aunt Aggie's chocolate doughnuts!
>You don't jizz in a jam jar and tell me it's lip balm!
>You don't upchuck in a clay pot and tell me it's kimchi!

Ahh Snyder. Intelligent and uplifting.
>>
>>82378988
>Making new things and failing is always better than making the same old thing

I suppose that every night you come up with a brand new awful recipe that is completely awful and you choke it down thinking "at least this isn't spaghetti or pizza or nachos or any of those delicious same old things", right?
>>
>>82378819
Yeah, but that's the same way I get along with my co-workers. I would maybe call only one or two of them my actual friends.

I can believe Cap being friends with Widow and obviously Sam, maybe Thor, although we haven't really seen that, but they seem to be laid back around each other, but everyone else on the team is closer to co-worker status by the begining of Civil War. Of course, when the teams are formed, the guys on Cap's team all get elevated to friends.
>>
>>82379035
The upchuck would be more appetizing. God I hate kimchi.
>>
>>82378988
If Snyder made Marvel movies, we wouldn't be waiting for Captain America 3. Chris Evans and RDJ would be out of work, and Joss Weadon's Man of Steel would have cleaned up the charts.
>>
>>82379036
What can I say? I'm not American or fat, so I like slow food better than junk food.
>>
>>82379044
Isn't getting along with the others in that way enough for Tony to want the others to not want to go to jail?

I mean, would you be fine with your coworkers going to jail for something that was necessary at the time, especially to clean up the mess you made?

Tony genuinely wanted everyone to come through the Accords thing clean and able to continue operating. And Steve genuinely didn't like the idea of being under government watch. It was coworkers who respected each others' side but still disagreed.
>>
>>82379056
>Chris Evans and RDJ would be out of work
Marvel should have hired Snyder long ago.
>>
>>82379063
Nice way to completely not answer the question. You don't reinvent stuff every day even when it fails so why should the movie industry?
>>
>>82377291
you just took the blue pill
>>
>>82378988
>And that's always better than making the same old crap, like the MCU.
If you operate in a vacuum where artistic expression is a free commodity and an artist can just sit on a pile of money while coming up new, bold ways to refine his art, then yes.
But here in reality-land movies are an industry where people work and have to eat.
In reality a movie that does not sell results in no more movies for you to make.
You make movies for the audience and the audience has decided they would rather take another bite of Marvel-cake. Well, at least that's what the critics predict so far.
>>
>>82379096
>>82379107
>the movie industry should never try anything new
Lucky that you never worked at Holllywood in the 1910s.
>You make movies for the illiterate
Fixed.
>>
>>82378865
Just calling the other poster out on their bullshit...3 hours ago. It's getting pretty solid praise.
>>
>>82379116

Don't you fucking dare twist my words like that you obnoxious little cunt. I didn't say that. My comment was in regard to this:

I highlight the AND FAILING bit. You're telling us that making something new and awful is always, 100% of the time, better than making something good even if it was sticking to old things.

And you drown in your own goddamn argument because BvS wasn't trying anything new, it was retreading the exact same fucking path as goddamn Man of Steel you baiting piece of shit chucklefuck.
>>
>>82379158
Yes I'm mad you dumb fucking cunt, otherwise I wouldn't be typing phrases like these. It aggravates me to know that there are asshole people like you who either get pleasure from pretending to be this fucking dense or who really are so incapable of smelling their own bullshit that they'd walk it right through their own fucking living room and smile happily about it.
>>
>>82374636

Unfixable for now. Green Lantern was also intended to be the start of a cinematic universe but since they barely talked about that they were able to sweep it under the rug and reboot.

With the Snydermovies theres been so much posturing and poking at Marvel that everyone knows what DC wants to do. The fact that its blown up so spectacularly is the worst kind of hubris. Its just too embedded in the public conciouss now. You'd have to wait like 10 years before you even think of starting over again.

The only way out of this is to fire Snyder, stealth reboot. Radical new direction. Go back to the drawing board. But even then I don't know. They're so far behind now and their constant "look how fucking great we are, lol antman? Who gives a fuck brahhh" completely fucked them.
>>
>>82379204
>Thinks spaghetti, pizza and nachos have to be junk food and can't be made with good ingredients in a healthy manner.
>Has no other way to insult those he knows are correct other than to bait with a failure of a food jab.

Literal Amerifat.
>>
>>82379145
Don't bother. I remember this guy from years ago. He's a notorious shitposter, with a very specific set of reaction images. People are calling him "1.jpgfag" now, but I think they used to call him Greenday Kid or something. His sole purpose in life is to get a rise out of "Marveldrones" on the internet.
>>
>>82379204
Hey guess what dickhead? I enjoy being angry. I get angry at folks like you and it makes me happy because it reminds me that you're a dumb cunt and that thankfully you're in the minority of the population. It's fucking fantastic to feel so mad at someone for being this wrong when you know the majority of the population is sensible and right-thinking.

Getting people mad doesn't mean you've won an argument if you can't actually refute any of their points. Getting people mad through being a stubborn ass is just consolation for being wrong.
>>
>>82379116
>>the movie industry should never try anything new
Nobody said that. The point is that art has never been produced in a vacuum because artists have to eat, too.
With 100+million-dollar budget you need to make that back and much more because it's a fucking business.
Sure you have to make a new movie every time. But you have to be aware that trying new stuff results in 80-90% fucking something up and only about 5% of actual improvements.
Challenging every paradigm at the same time leads to hot steaming shit every time. Maybe you had one good idea, but 100+ years of film-making have more good ideas because that is how you got to where you are.
A bad man panders to dogma; a good man works with what he has; a visionary builds upon what is and grasps for the stars. And a stupid child tips it all over and plays in the mud.
>>
>>82379249
Haha no worries, per >>82379261 I enjoy getting angry at assholes like him. It makes me feel better about my place in life, because at least I can get angry over the fact that people like him have lives so insignificant that making people mad is their goal for the evening.
>>
>>82375897
>mixed-to-negative
I've never known anyone hate Millar, Hickman or Fialkov's Ultimates that much
>>
>>82374636
1. Fire Snyder
2. Make MoS and BvS non-canon
3. Retool SS, WW, and JL as necessary
>>
>Everyone that wanted to see it saw it opening weekend
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/#39bf591b6d72
>>
>>82379293
If Fox can pull off soft-rebooting X-Men, WB can with DC. Maybe. They haven't put out a good DC film since TDK.
>>
>>82378670
Because superhero films are not genre.
>>
>>82376370
>The only problem with this is the fact that people want to see Batman and Superman fight each other.

Then make Superman stand his ground and actually fight, and for a good reason. What we got was just Asshole #1 being too dumb not to be a fucking asshole and Asshole #2 being too dumb to be able to tell Asshole #1 "i don't want to fight, they got my mom"
The fight was miserable under all perspectives
>>
>>82379082
Well, I mean of course there's an emotional connection between them and they certainly don't want to fight each other, but honestly, it's also understandable that Steve chooses a close friend over a coworker.
>>
>>82376370
No one wanted to see Batman fight Superman, I don't know who the hell thought it was a good idea.

A little rivarly at the start sure but open conflict was fucking dumb.
>>
>>82379302
You know, I sort of wonder if that "greatest gladiator match" wasn't really the ass-in-seat generator DC hoped it would be. See, It appeals a lot to superfans, and the argument of Batman vs. Superman has been done to death on message boards, and by people wanking off The Dark Knight Returns. But not much of the general public has actually read TDKR. My dad, for instance, when I told him about the movie years ago, thought the concept seemed stupid, because his idea of the characters came from the Superfriends, and saw the two characters as friends and partners. So if there were record numbers of preorders for the opening night by rabid fanboys, but the rest of the world, that didn't really care, it would explain the rapid drop pretty well. I think it was more than just word of mouth, I think a lot of people didn't really believe in the project anyway.
>>
>Get rid of Snyder now.
>Delay Justice League and push some of the solo movies forward.
>Get someone or a group of people who know their shit to helm to universe, give the directors some kind of direction.
>Deal with the fact MoS and BvS happened and were shit, no hard reboots/recasts or they'll just fall more behind and confuse the audience further.

Pretty vague ideas, I know, but it was the best I could come up with.
>>
I've enjoyed MoS and BvS more than every other cape movie aside from S1 & 2 and X 1 and 2.
>>
File: 1429249382152.gif (726 KB, 460x218) Image search: [Google]
1429249382152.gif
726 KB, 460x218
>>82379417
This may work. Marvel had Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor before going into Avengers, that was universe building and that's what DC needs more than anything. But also those solo films focused on those characters while giving nods to others.

BVS was just a setup movie for Justice League, it was pretty much Proto Justice League, DC is in such a rush to catch up to Marvel that they trip over themselves and land in a pile of shit.

The only nod to Avengers in Iron Man was Fury showing up in the end the rest was just focused on Tony becoming Iron Man and introducing the world to a hero that not many knew. Now he's Marvel's biggest right next to Spiderman. Maybe even larger.

DC needs to take it's time and actually build a foundation instead of releasing it's load too early.
>>
>>82379463
That's totally fine. You're not calling it the landmark of modern cinema and shitting over other comic films despite the numerous problems that MoS/BvS had, and I think most people wouldn't begrudge you liking it.

They might be confused, but they wouldn't begrudge. It's when the DCfanboy defence mechanism kicks in that it gets unfriendly.
>>
>>82374636
>How do we fix the DCEU?

CWverse, Foxverse, nolanverse etc. All do a crisis on an infinite earths crossover
>>
>>82379491

They had problems but I genuinely liked that they at least tried something new compared to the Marvel movies. I'm confused as to how people can actually bring themselves to care about any of the Marvel movies when they're all basically just the same.
>>
>>82379509
Safe fun that engages your blockbuster popcorn senses. They're good flicks to watch on a big screen with surround sound, and people are familiar enough with the characters now that to a lot of people they feel real enough to care about them and what happens in their continuing adventures.
>>
>>82379325
Use the Flash movie as a way to reboot the universe.
>>
File: Batman Returns.jpg (28 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Batman Returns.jpg
28 KB, 333x500
>Get rid of Snyder

Snyder didn't direct Catwoman, didn't direct Superman Returns, he had nothing to do with Green Lantern, nor did he make cornball The Dark Knight Rises.

The last well-directed DC Cape film without Nolan in the director's chair was 24 years ago.

24 years.

And Nolan ain't coming back. The problem is a lot deeper than Snyder.
>>
>>82379540
>3 good directors in 40 years.
>>
>>82379524

so far its not different than a tv-series, where you've now the characters for a long time, its easier for people to care about them and their struggles.
>>
>>82379540
The problem is WB execs that think movies are a business model with no real love for film.
Snyder isn't a bad director, but when he's stuck being a puppet for executives he suffers.
>>
>>82378670
>it tried to do something different for once
Interpretatitng Luthor as Joker Zuckerberg isn't trying to make something different
>>
>>82379555
Exactly. That's precisely what Marvel was banking on to keep people in seats when it decided to try the at-the-time risky concept of the shared universe. It happened to pay off big time.
>>
File: 1432494026039.jpg (329 KB, 500x2035) Image search: [Google]
1432494026039.jpg
329 KB, 500x2035
>>82379484
>This may work. Marvel had Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor before going into Avengers

The serious problem is that Batman by the very nature of his fanboy popularity, will devour the entire effort before the other two can get any air.

You'd have to build to Justice League without Batman, and I don't think the studio would sign off on it.
>>
File: shamalan.jpg (10 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
shamalan.jpg
10 KB, 300x251
>>82379557
The problem is that Snyder is a fairly decent visual director who believes he's an incredible director and storyteller.
>>
File: Hackman Luthor.jpg (86 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Hackman Luthor.jpg
86 KB, 600x300
>>82379565
We've had cornball Luthor before in any case.
There wasn't a single fresh or interesting idea in BvS. Just hackneyed homages and religious allusions.
>>
>>82379592
Snyder is good at directing dark and gritty. Batman was the best part of BvS. He just needs to stick to what he's good at.
I enjoyed 300, Day of the Dead, and Watchmen. And don't forget Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>82379622
Then he should be getting projects like Etrigan the Demon or Doctor Fate but not the Superfriends.

And Watchmen was visually impressive but otherwise pretty lame.

He's just about fucked up Superman for an entire generation.
>>
File: hello darkness.png (1 MB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness.png
1 MB, 953x953
>>82379540
>Snyder didn't direct Catwoman, didn't direct Superman Returns, he had nothing to do with Green Lantern, nor did he make cornball The Dark Knight Rises.
This, whether DC fans want to admit it or not. It's easier to have a scapegoat like Snyder or Goyer, and yes, these people are inept, but they only exist in the positions they were given because of Warner Brothers. It's more satisfying to say these people are to blame, because then you can fool yourself into thinking things can easily get better, when in all likelihood, they won't in the near future. Something has to radically change in the status quo of how DC movies are produced for things to get better for them, because nothing seems to be changing at Warner Brothers. Who would buy DC from them and why WB would sell it, I don't know though. This is probably just the way it is now.
>>
>>82379540
>he problem is a lot deeper than Snyder.

Its WB just not wanting to copy the Marvel style and trying to find their own way. The problem now is that they need a hit which gives them enough room and money to try different things and characters. BvS may've been bad but it was primary used to introduce a lot of characters/actors anyway, now they can get atleast some feedback about their whole cinematic universe, it was obvious batman was gonna be the cash cow like iron man and now captain america. Lets hope it'll be the same way with superman where one good movie pushes his popularity enough to be able to be an adecuate substitude cash cow for batman.

And maybe someday we'll get worlds finest. I put most of the blame on WB instead of Snyder though, he seems to have to cope with different demands, mainly from WB who wants to push their cinematic universe as fast as possible.
>>
>>82374636
Give up and reboot.

>>82374661
You need some serious help.
>>
File: TDK epic fight.jpg (355 KB, 967x1450) Image search: [Google]
TDK epic fight.jpg
355 KB, 967x1450
>>82379654
>Its WB just not wanting to copy the Marvel style and trying to find their own way

No, it's WB trying to take what worked for TDK and hammer all the other round-peg heroes into that same square hole.

Nolan's world of non-superheroes where Batman is a guy who fights terrorists with high technology was never a good template for Superman movies.

No one ever asked for a reasonable scientific explanation for how Superman soars around on yellow sun juice, nor did they want a look at how being a gorgeous, invincible man-god could be "crawling in my skin" suffering.
>>
>>82376152
...I'd watch it
>>
>>82374661
I agree with you, brother.
>>
File: 1418850575674.jpg (18 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1418850575674.jpg
18 KB, 180x200
>>82379653

It can't be helped, Snyder is an easy scapegoat for everyone since Watchmen which turned fedora-fags against him and the same with MoS which buttblasted Sup/Nostalgia-fags.

/co/ has such a hateboner for Snyder they don't even want to consider that at the end its WB who sets the tone and has the last word in any matter.
>>
#1: Reboot
#2: Cast Dwayne Johnson as Superman
#3: Profit
>>
>>82379727
>That bulge
>>
>>82376025
Protomen?
>>
File: 300.jpg (77 KB, 312x500) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
77 KB, 312x500
>>82379717
On the other hand, this IS exactly the sort of film that Snyder has been more or less making all his life.

So it's not as if WB is forcing Snyder to make movies a certain way; he's making Snyder movies.

It's just that they are putting him in the captain's chair for stuff that his style just isn't appropriate for.

He's great directing ludicrous sandal epics with muscley men shouting tag-lines at deformed mutants.
>>
Hi again! Are we still mad, "DC fans"?
>>
>>82379035

Chris Terio, you mean, right? Snyder is not a writer.
>>
>>82379653
DC could take the Marvel route and team up with investors and do their own thing but it's too late for that.
>>
>>82379759
Various stages of grief.
>>
File: 1427474990158.jpg (55 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1427474990158.jpg
55 KB, 416x416
currently watching in good camrip quality, this movie is truly a beautiful mess.
>>
>>82379786
You could break it into 40 or so really exciting commercials, but as an entire film it's painful.
>>
>>82378670
>>
>>82379717
Yeah, this >>82379756, i get mad a Snyder because it's easy to tell (from his old movies and interviews) that the man is doing exactly what he wants to do. At best i can blame on WB stuff like the JL cameos, but Super-Jesus? Bat of Manslaughter? Trying to turn the whole thing into a pseudo-Watchmen? That's 100% Snyder. If i'd have to blame WB it would be for not putting the man on a leash
>>
>>82379820
WB lets their directors do what they want because they made one or two cash cows. Joss Wheadon gave Marvel one of the highest grossing movie of all time and they let him go. Marvel doesn't give a shit, they know what works and they follow by it.
>>
File: 1461579096958.jpg (73 KB, 640x570) Image search: [Google]
1461579096958.jpg
73 KB, 640x570
My favorite /co/ meme this spring is definitely "defending snyder". It works on at least 9 levels of irony and even people new to the exciting world of memes can enjoy it.
>>
File: conan.jpg (179 KB, 883x1024) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
179 KB, 883x1024
>>82379756
>He's great directing ludicrous sandal epics with muscley men shouting tag-lines at deformed mutants.
Hmm, I'm trying to think of what others of the kind of overtly macho, simple fantasy Snyder would actually shine working on, instead of screwing up Superman. I think in general there is a place for most creators. Something they excel at, even if they can't do other things.

I think I just thought of it. I'd watch a Snyder Conan movie, with poses and visuals cribbed directly from Frank Frazetta. He's said before that he's a fan of the character and that art before.
>>
>>82379528
pretty much this is the only exitway they can use. Have Flash do a Flashpoint that resets Superman and Batman into their Pre-52 selves.
>>
File: 050_debate_the_atheist.jpg (121 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
050_debate_the_atheist.jpg
121 KB, 600x448
>>82379204
>>
>>82379736
Which one? He and Kevin Hart appear to be packing.
>>
>>82379856
They won't do it now. No one understood the Flash cameo in BvS, they most certainly won't do it after that outcry.
>>
File: 1380236685049.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1380236685049.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
>>82379820
>>82379756

the movie looked beautiful, it was the convulted script that killed it, you can see the opinions and demands that went there.

>WBs more realistic tone like the Nolan movies yet more comic-esque mystical unlike MoS
>Snyders/Goyers character arc for superman which was suposed to be for a whole movie (MoS 2)
>Terrios re-writting to turn MoS2 into BvS
>WBs demand for more JL stuff and foreshadowing into future movies
>more Batman because its obviously the only reason why Ben is doing this
>>
BvS just proves how autistic fanboys are.
>>
>>82379855

I've been saying this since day one, Snyder should do a Thor movie, it'd be basically a mix of 300 and MoS. I hope they fire him after JL and Marvel gets him on discount.
>>
>>82375112
I hope everybody who has ever posted on /tv/ is raped to death.
>>
>>82379883
>Flash End Credits
>supes greets Barry
>Barry removes his mask....It's Grant Gustin
>>
>>82379897
Why Marvel? Why not just a direct adaptation of the God Thor's myths themselves? I mean, he might need poses to emulate or something, like how he emulates panels, but there's old art of Thor out there.
>>
>>82379897
Marvel won't touch him if he's surrounded by bad PR, least not for years.
>>
>>82379540
>Get rid of Whedon

Whedon didn't direct Elektra, didn't direct Amazing Spiderman, he had nothing to do with Ghost Rider, not did he make cornball Daredevil
>>
>>82374636
Have a cinematic Superman that actually feels like Superman. Make him inspiring and warm and actually have him contrast Batman, not have him in a grim'n'gritty off with Batman.

Oh and sacrifice Zack Snyder to a god. Any god it doesn't matter just make sure he's dead
>>
>>82379923

someone needs to save that horrendous franchise that is the Thor movies and Snyder can hardly make it worse, when atleast the fights are gonna look like they did in MoS and BvS.
>>
>>82379816
The difference is that I was actively engaged by Rubber, loved it, could understand why it was very divisive but still liked the subversive metatextuality of it.

Whereas BvS was just shit.
>>
>>82376137
>he was going to kill Batman
No he wasn't, weren't you paying attention to what he was actually saying?
>If I wanted it, you be dead already
>if I wanted it
>implying that he doesn't want to kill Batman
>>
File: Disney ) WB.jpg (392 KB, 985x1920) Image search: [Google]
Disney ) WB.jpg
392 KB, 985x1920
>>82379923
Because that almost never works. Thor, just like Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the Frog and the Little Mermaid, while all being open to the public IPs now culturally belong to Disney. Anyone else doing these stories is doomed to failure, because the audience will go "wait a minute, that's not Disney!". See The Huntsman films and Pan last year. And Jungle Book by WB in 2018.
>>
>>82379953
The point I was trying to make was: Genre challenging film unlike any other =/= automatically good
>>
>>82376255
>tear off his armor
Cause that act of extreme aggression would totally calm down the already incredibly paranoid Batman.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.