[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Dynamite Entertainment fuck up the reboot of Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Blackcross01-Cov-A-Lee.jpg (136 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Blackcross01-Cov-A-Lee.jpg
136 KB, 600x900
How did Dynamite Entertainment fuck up the reboot of Project Superpowers so badly that they killed any hope for it to be revived again?

I mean, what the fuck were they thinking when they decided to have Ellis pen a standard horror story that had jack shit to do with the original premise, and treat that as a "reboot"?
>>
>>82373805
I liked that story, but I know jack shit about project superpowers.
>>
>>82373805
>all these pulp threads in last few days
/co/ loves me.
>>
>>82373805
>mean, what the fuck were they thinking when they decided to have Ellis pen a standard horror story that had jack shit to do with the original premise, and treat that as a "reboot"?
It is more appropriate to call Blackcross a spinoff.
>>
>>82374205
Haha yeah, that's the whole reason I just went and read Blackcross myself just now, seeing some of these other threads. Have to say, given that PSP Chapter 2 was... what, 6 or 7 years ago now? I was disappointed by Blackcross. Generic horror story basically.

>>82374249
The story itself was a spinoff, yes, but the consensus on the DE forums is that it was intended to test the waters for restarting PSP. And it killed a lot of the good faith people had left over after so many years of waiting, so with the way the sales ended up I think PSP is unlikely to be revived.
>>
>>82373805
Ellis was in typical talky/confusing mode.
>>
>>82374408
>Have to say, given that PSP Chapter 2 was... what, 6 or 7 years ago now?
Which is shame, desu. They set up story really nice.
>And it killed a lot of the good faith people had left over after so many years of waiting
People waited for PSP and got Blackcross or Blackcross was delayed a lot?
>>
>>82374171
The story itself could have been okay but it didn't need superheroes at all. And even then it didn't really cover enough of what it needed to do in order to give a sense of proper denoument.

I mean, let's presume for a moment that the heroes/ghosts continue to exist within the bodies of those who survived. What happens next? What was this secret project that we saw a brief flash of regarding the American Spirit?

Do the ghosts take on the lives of their mundane selves? Is something going to try to kill the three or four who survived or are they free to do as they please now?

Because whoopdifuckingdoo they killed the monster that was coming for them and lost half their crew in the process. Now what, Ghosts?
>>
>>82374478
People had been hoping for PSP Chapter 3 to actually give a conclusion to what the fuck was going on in PSP, and actually maybe learn a little more about what this "Project" really was.

Instead, we got Blackcross.
>>
Honestly I'm amazed that they didn't all die and return to the urn, given how this seems to be a parallel world to the actual PSP world and taking place before the events of PSP.
>>
>>82374478
>Blackcross was delayed a lot?
Only the fifth and sixth issues.

Even with Dynamite's new editorial hires last February, PSP Chapter 3 seems to be unlikely for now.
>>
>>82375986
Which is a goddamn shame. I just want a nice uncluttered superhero universe not bogged down by years of continuity and influenced by that Golden Age feel of innocence or simplicity.
>>
>>82373805
>Dynamite Entertainment
there's the problem right there, worst publisher in the biz today.
>>
>>82377070
Yeah it fucking bums me out because I love pulpshit and stuff like Tarzan and John Carter and the oldschool scifantasy novels. So I'm happy to see them getting comic runs but then DE always without fail drops support for them after like... 4-10 issues and gets crappy artists/writers.

Somebody once said that DE rides waves. It licenses a new property, saturates that property for 6-9 months and then as soon as they get another new property they drop the previous one, and that person was spot on.
>>
>>82377979
>Somebody once said that DE rides waves. It licenses a new property, saturates that property for 6-9 months and then as soon as they get another new property they drop the previous one, and that person was spot on.
It's the reason that in Dynamite's current and upcoming series, minis outnumber ongoings.
>>
>>82378016
I hate it. It makes it very hard for me to support the company even though I like a lot of the IPs they're releasing. They aren't in it for the long run with pretty much any IP except Vamperella and Red Sonja so how can I trust them to show any loyalty or care for the IPs I like in tough times or when selecting writers and artists?

Let's be completely honest, Ellis being on Blackcross was a name-branding thing only. Considering the end result they'd have been better off going with someone who actually likes the classic era of superheroes.
>>
>>82377979
>Somebody once said that DE rides waves. It licenses a new property, saturates that property for 6-9 months and then as soon as they get another new property they drop the previous one, and that person was spot on.
They got Valiant's characters and they did jack shit with them. Fags.
>>
>>82378096
What? Which characters? I was unaware of this. Mostly because I was unaware that they ever did anything even remotely superheroey aside from Kirby: Genesis (which I cannot for the life of me find anywhere to read FFFFFUUUUU) and PSP.
>>
>>82378096
>They got Valiant's characters and they did jack shit with them. Fags.
Actually the comic book rights to some Gold Key characters such as Magnus Robot Fighter and Solar.
>>
>>82378211
KAT's torrents for Silver Star and Dragonsbane are verry slow. It wouldn't be problem if any of other links didn't involve that cuck hosting site, Florenfile. Or go here http://getcomics.info/dc/jack-kirby-ultimate-collection/. I'm not sure will you have to download everything.
>>82378223
See, that's what I didn't know. I was familiar with Magnus and Solar when I explored old Valiant books and noticed they're missing.
>>
>>82378364
Oh cheers thanks, I'll grab the files and hopefully it won't take too long. I expect I'll need all 8 to decompile it correctly though.
>>
>>82378472
getcomics is God-tier with their Userscloud hosting. Don't forget to make account/use JDownloader.
>>
>>82378211
Magnus, Solar, and Turok.

Technically though, they weren't Valiant's. Valiant licensed them from Random House or something and after Valiant/Acclaim went under, the license went back to them.

Dark Horse got them probably because they got Jim Shooter to write for them. And I guess Dynamite will just somehow snap up whatever license is available.

Honestly though at this point they should just take it away from Dynamite and hand it over to Valiant.
>>
>>82373805

Ellis like Crossed Ellis? Fuck that. Fuck no, I don't need that edgy shit in my golden age.
>>
>>82378569
>Honestly though at this point they should just take it away from Dynamite and hand it over to Valiant.
Why do you think we got Divinity? Solar expy.
>Bloodshot and Turok will never hunt dinosaurs in blasted future
Fuck everything.
>>
>>82378096
>>82378211
The first push they did with the Gold Key characters was pretty decent. They've also just launched a crossover series for them, which (based on one issue) is a lot better than it should've been.
>>
>>82378995
Sadly, that series is another mini.
>>
>>82373805
>ellis
Have a guess.
>>
>>82379268
Hence why I said "why the fuck would you pick ellis for this job?". It was incompetence on the part of the corporate and the editors, moreso than it was Ellis' fault.
>>
>>82378584

That's Ennis, who did The Shadow for Dynamite.
>>
>>82373805
Project Superpowers was never that great to begin with.
>>
>>82379601
You shut your whor- who am I kidding, it was a nice read but average.
>>
>>82380935
The art was a bit too much, but it was a fun ride.
>>
>>82373805
Because it's Dynamite. That's what they do, they take old licenses and fuck them up. It happened to Red Sonja, it happened to the King characters and it happened to PS.

To be fair, they seem to produce a few good things at the start, and then they give up and just publish shit.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.