[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MCU And Tv Show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9
File: Marvel-movie-TV-rivalry.jpg (49 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-movie-TV-rivalry.jpg
49 KB, 700x350
Would you like if the Marvel Movies were to connect with the Tv shows? Or do you prefer them to saty separate?. I personally don't like the idea of the Movies and TV shows being connected mainly because i don't want to watch 3 seasons and 20 or more episode of a show just to understand what is going on in a new movie.
>>
Who wouldn't want Daredevil interacting with Cap?
>>
>>82367276
I want to see Spidey and DD interact desu.
>>
>>82367211
I don't want AoS to ever touch the movies.
>>
>>82367211
>"Huh. Coulson's still alive and he brought us a heli-carrier."
>"Neat."

There you go. You didn't need to watch anything.
>>
>>82367312
This. AoS needs to keep its fucking head down.
>>
>>82367312
>>82367384
>AoS is bad meme
>>
>>82367211
You know that helicarrier that comes out of fucking nowhere in AoU? That's explained by AoS. The "old friend of ours" that Fury refers to in AoU when he explains where it came from was Coulson. Did not knowing this ruin the movie for you? No. That's how you handle the "everything is connected" thing and they're doing that just fine with it. If you watch the TV shows then you can go "oh ok!" if you don't watch the tv shows then you can just shrug it off because it doesn't really effect anything.
>>
>>82367421
Now we just need to quickly explain the fishoil thing to the Russos before the next movie...
>>
>>82367460
Thing is, by the time Infinity War comes out, the whole fish oil thing might be completely taken care of. That's the problem with the TV/movies thing. AoS gets written a couple months in advance. The movies get written a few years in advance. They're working on Infinity War NOW, but AoS will be on its 5th season by the time it comes out.

All they really need to know is "there are people with superpowers popping up here and there and people are worried about that. Boom, there ya' go. Why they're popping up is explained by AoS, but you don't need to watch AoS to know that as long as they just throw in a throwaway line acknowledging that. Not hard.
>>
It should be like Stars Wars Expanded Universe. Side stories that fit into canon.
>>
>>82367415
>"AoS isn't really bad, it's just a meme" meme
>>
>>82367599
>I don't watch the show, I just shitpost meme
>>
>>82367460
The show should never have tried to do something that the movies would need to address, because the movies are not going to shift their plans to accommodate them.
>>
>>82367642
I watched the show for two tedious seasons because liars like you told me that it got good.
>>
>>82367211
GO TO HELL JOSS
>>
>>82367671
No shifting necessary. The appearance of the Inhumans ties in perfectly with the atmosphere of paranoia being built by Civil War. Powered people are appearing. Who do they answer to?

A simple throwaway reference is all it would take. Wouldn't even have to be a line, it could be the tickertape in a news show.
>>
Well Punisher and Spidey need to interact somehow, so yeah, they better do a bit more crossing over. But they're not separate. The President from Iron Man 3 is the same character as the President from Agents of SHIELD, and is played by the same actor. It's just that the movies haven't really acknowledged the connection yet.
>>
>>82367691
Don't blame us for your shit taste.
>>
>>82367782
There's a lot of characters from the movies that have appeared in the shows. Just never the reverse.
>>
File: 1412649121137.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1412649121137.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>there are people on /co/ RIGHT NOW who aren't on board for Ward's Wild Ride
>>
>>82367840
I'm not in.
>>
>>82367815
Yes, that's pretty much what I said.
>>
>>82367840
Damn fools, all of them.
>>
>>82367815
>Just never the reverse.
I don't understand why anyone cares about this. I love AoS and I don't remotely care if any of the characters from the show end up in the movies. I already get an hour of them every week, I don't need them using up screentime in the movies when we only get 4 hours of movies every year.
>>
>i don't want to watch 3 seasons and 20 or more episode of a show just to understand what is going on in a new movie.
Do you do this with a comic book too?
>cloak and Dagger / teen Titans make a sudden appearance in Batman / Spider-Man
>for their adventures read X comics
>continue to read the comic with the guest appearances
Is anything actually lost here? What makes you think a plot that calls for the tv/Netflix shows to connect to the movies is going to be so insanely complex that you need to watch every little thing beforehand? That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>82367782
If you think Disney is going to let its new squeaky clean teen Spider-Man anywhere near Frank "Franked 20 Good Men With a Prison Shiv" Castle" you're delusional.
>>
>>82367983
>good men
>in a corrupt prison
>>
The TV shows have had little references here and there to the movies. They do tie together, just very lightly.
>>
>>82367983
I think the issue is potentially less that and more the Sony end of things.
>>
>>82368040
The TV show references the movies plenty of times. The movies have referenced the shows... once. Which is perfectly fine, but some people seem to have a complete stick up their ass over for no fucking reason other than mild autism.
>>
>>82368181
This
>>
>>82368181
>The movies have referenced the shows... once.
You mean never.
>>
>>82368224
Hydra taking over SHIELD you silly cunt.
>>
>>82368276
That originated in the movies.
>>
>>82368276
Never mind, read that wrong
>>
>>82368181
Yeah, there's no reason to get het up about it. As long as the movies don't directly contradict the shows there's no reason to worry.

The things that have happened on the shows so far are really small potatoes it the grand scheme of things, anyway. The Avengers aren't going to even notice that some crime lord rose up and was taken down in some part of New York by some vigilante, let alone that some other vigilante shot up a bunch of street criminals and the first vigilante stopped him and also a bunch of ninjas. Jones and Kilgrave have powers but their actions were so low-key and isolated that it's not going to get attention at that level.
>>
>>82368181
>The movies have referenced the shows... once.

No they haven't. Fury's line about the Helicarrier was never intended to be Coulson specially, the show writers just took it and ran.
>>
File: mtu.png (306 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
mtu.png
306 KB, 960x960
I'd rather the flicks not fuck up my perfect MTVU.

>ABC
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Agent Carter
Most Wanted
Damage Control
Untitled John Ridley-developed series

>TBD
Untitled Marvel comedy series separate from Damage Control

>Freeform
Cloak & Dagger

>Netflix
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Defenders
Punisher
>>
>>82368318
People expect the whole Avengers team to deal with Street Level problems.
>>
>>82368318
Hell, Ant-Man wasn't even on their radar until he robbed them.
>>
>>82368376
That's stupid. They deal with the really big stuff, the things that threaten the nation or the world.
>>
>>82368376
SHIELD is mostly dealing with Hydra

Why wouldn't Cap get involved

And when it's alien shit, I think Tony would want to be involved also
>>
They should have either had a unified plan or kept them completely separate. shared universes are retarded to begin with anyway when you have separate creative teams, all it does is limit scope and create plotholes.
>>
>>82368439
You'd think Stark would at least be aware that there was a man who was trying to invent shrinking tech. But it's Stark.
>>82368463
Yes, but SHIELD wasn't rebuilt publicly, they used the breakdown of Hydra within their ranks to start again as a small covert group that eventually grew. And Hydra has been keeping quiet since their big plan got spoiled and their head hancho was murdered off camera. Before, when it was time to storm the castle and take Hydra down and capture Strucker, Cap and The Avengers were called in to help and lead the assult.
>>
The only thing that bothers me about the Netflix shows not mingling with the movies is we may never see Daredevil with Spider Man and Frank with Cap
>>
>>82368752
Spider-man is too young to hang out with those dangerous men.
>>
>>82368810
Hey, he's Spider-MAN, he can hang out with whomever he wants.
>>
>>82368224
The intel of the HYDRA base for the Avengers to attack in AoU at the start comes from AoS. The helicarrier gets fixed via AoS to pop up at the end of AoU.
>>
>>82367599
>Better than Arrow, Super Girl and Flash right now

>Its really bad

kek
>>
I want to see Bobbi and Clint interact.
Alas. We wont.
>>
They seriously need to fix this shit. It's two separate universes right now.
>>
>>82369399
Being better than those shows does not make it even close to good.

>>82369263
And Whedon clearly stating that nothing about AoS came up in writing AoU is what started the whole "not canon" meme in the first place. That's the show referencing the movie, not the other way around.
>>
File: 1406494228716.jpg (122 KB, 947x734) Image search: [Google]
1406494228716.jpg
122 KB, 947x734
>>82368810
>Not wanting the Daredevil/Spider Man interaction
>>
>>82367211
I would.
>i don't want to watch 3 seasons and 20 or more episode of a show just to understand what is going on in a new movie.
Where'd you even get that idea? "Connecting" would entail minor stuff, a cameo here or a namedrop there. Little easter eggs for people who follow the TV stuff whilst not detracting from the viewing experience of those who don't. At most I'd want Absorbing Man to land a spot in a Thunderbolts movie.
If Daredevil & co. show up in Infinity War, Marvel wouldn't use it as a opportunity to punish casual viewers who hasn't watched their respective shows by dropping in all sorts of references and subplots. Fuck no. They'd just kick ass and look cool, in simple instantly gratifiable designed to make people WANT to check their shows out.
>>
>>82367421
Basically this. Good example of what my above post was trying to say.
>>
>>82367782
IIRC an actress in Luke Cage appeared in Civil War too.
Maybe it was the black mom.
>>
>>82367840
Ward's dead anon. His corpse is just being used as an Octodad skin puppet.
>>
>>82367421
Like how they referenced the Battle of New York in Daredevil. The movies can handle the global/universal stuff and thr shows can handle the street level stuff. They can coexist without interacting.
>>
Having them connect in some way doesn't mean you've gotta make the show required viewing. Just have Coulson show up with SHIELD to help with a situation at some point, deciding it's time the Avengers knew he was alive and that he's head of a new SHIELD that's not infiltrated by Hydra. When they ask how he's alive either just handwave it or have him give the Cliff's notes version for new viewers.
>>
>>82370184
I wouldn't be so sure... Hive appears to be in control, but I think Ward might not be 100% dead in there.
>>
>>82367211
Isnt Agents of SHIELD directly connected with AoU
>>
>>82371428
AoS is as connected to the MCU as the previous Star Wars Expanded universe was.
>>
>>82367415
AoS is terrible. If there was a scale from dark to campy representing the best, on one end there would be Daredevil and Flash on the other. Everything else mediocre to shit.

AoS is a poor-man's-MCU that picks off bread crumbs from the films. So glad Felicity is not part of the DCEU.
>>
>>82372022
>AoS is as connected to the MCU as the previous Star Wars Expanded universe was.
That's a good comparison. There were terms like A canon, B canon and C canon, right? Well Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter all seem to be part of the same "B canon".
>>
>>82372107
And even more frustratingly, the Netflix shows intermingle and the ABC shows intermingle but the two platforms don't intermingle with each other. It's not even MCU and MTVU. It's MCU, ABC, and Netlix universes all looking up and waving at each other across long distances infrequently.
>>
>>82372425
Daredevil has actually made multiple references to Agents of SHIELD. The Creel Matt's dad fought is intended to be the same Creel from AoS, but obviously younger. There are framed issues of The New York Bulletin in their offices that are shown to cover things like Cybertek, the corporation responsible for turning Mike Peterson into Deathlok.
>>
>>82368224
In Age of Ultron, Fury randomly shows up out of nowhere with a Helicarrier saying that he got it from an old friend of theirs. That "old friend" was Coulson, and the fact that he had been recommissioning a helicarrier for Fury was a plotpoint in AoS S2.
>>
>>82369738
>And Whedon clearly stating that nothing about AoS came up in writing AoU is what started the whole "not canon" meme in the first place
No he didn't. He said that he didn't want Coulson showing up, because it would be jarring for people that are going from Avengers to Avengers 2.

Then that quote got misunderstood by retards, and then meme'd to hell and back.
>>
>>82372057
Dude as a DCfag that hrts a lot.

>>82372107
Yeah, you could say S1-2 is A canon and S3 is B dwelling to C regarding to movies canonicity.
>>
>>82368357
Then who was it supposed to be?
>>
>>82369738
>And Whedon clearly stating that nothing about AoS came up in writing AoU is what started the whole "not canon" meme in the first place.
Not to mention that Markus and McFeely have been asked several times about certain elements from Agents of SHIELD, and respond with confusion every time, because they're just not paying attention.
>>
>>82372425
>And even more frustratingly, the Netflix shows intermingle and the ABC shows intermingle but the two platforms don't intermingle with each other.
Not technically true. The Dogs of Hell biker gang in Daredevil was originally from AoS, and in season 3 of Agents, it showed "gang war in Hell's Kitchen" on a news report.
>>
>>82372849
Who fucking cares?! You dont need to be spoon fed everything.

Its like in Civil War, there is a line with vision saying that since the NT incident more enhanced have apeared. It could mean anything but there are people out there who actually (want to) believe that line its supposed to be a reference to all the TV series/Netflix shows.
>>
>>82369662
>It's two separate universes right now.
No it isn't. Are Totally Awesome Hulk and Squadron Supreme set in different universes because those two comics haven't referenced each other?
>>
>>82372988
Meant NY but you get the idea.
>>
>>82372975
>>82372727
Yes. Hence the second half of my quote,
>universes all looking up and waving at each other across long distances infrequently

I absolutely appreciate the nods. But that's not a crossover. And it's not like I want a forced crossover where Phil has to show up and kick Daredevil's walking stick. I simply want some of the plot in one to perhaps influence the plot in another. You know. As if they took place in the same continuity.
>>
>>82372425
The Netflix and ABC shows are both made by Marvel Television under Loeb. The movies are made by Marvel Studios under Feige.

It's more like Incredible Hulk and Iron Man. Different distributors, but the same people making both.
>>
>>82372997
>>>>>>82372022
>>
>>82373110
They're as connected as two different ongoings from two different editorial groups, but one editorial group is "the Avengers" while the other is a third string editorial group like the X-group, so the heads of Marvel care more about one than the other. They're still both the same universe, they're both still canon, there's just different people handling them, and one is more important than the other.
>>
>>82372988
>Who fucking cares?! You dont need to be spoon fed everything.
OK, so basically, under the "AoS is canon" approach.
>Coulson recommissions a helicarrier for Fury. Fury uses it in AoU to help save the day. Says he got it from an "old friend" who is Coulson, someone who is indeed an old friend of theirs.

Under your "AoS isn't canon" approach.
>Fury randomly shows up with a helicarrier to help save the day, says he magically got it out of nowhere from an "old friend" that doesn't exist.

One is a plot point with internal consistency. The other is a deus ex machina. You seriously would rather have the deus ex machina? That's just shit writing. You'd actually PREFER shit writing?
>>
>>82373096
I'm not sure I see how that would work. See, it's alright for individual plots to tie into a big crossover event, and then continue in their individual ways, but for a plot element to leave one story and then turn up in another seems a little more risky. If Civil War is as much of a hit with general audiences as it is with critics who have been forced to watch all the MCU movies, and thus know what Ant-Man is doing there, even though he was never in any previous Cap movies, we might see more of what you're saying. But I'm wondering if that is the point when people who aren't as invested in the whole thing, and just want to see their character might tune out a little bit.
>>
>>82373294
I honestly prefer the one where HYDRA was a Nazi party created to cater the Red Skull paranormal investigations and NOT a secret cult older than the Nazi worshiping a fucking alien in another planet.

But I actually like what this anon said it goes with my SW EU theory >>82373171
>>
>>82373399
I guess I'm talking more about how Winter Soldier shaped Agents of SHIELD. That and the Sif episode are really the only 2 things I can think of that are substantial enough for me to call them proper crossovers.
>>
>>82367969
>implying Cloak and Dagger is ever going anywhere outside Freeform
That channel is a containment zone for shitty teenage drama. Nobody is going to want to touch Cloak and Dagger with a 30 ft pole, not even the ABC shows.
>>
The movies and shows need to be more connected, because at the moment the shows are suffering from how non canon they feel.
>>
>>82373781
They don't give a fuck. In fact, I imagine Feige and Marvel Studios actually feels bad a TV side even exists. Fuckers.
>>
>>82373454
>I honestly prefer the one where HYDRA was a Nazi party created to cater the Red Skull paranormal investigations
Thing is, there's one major aspect to that that makes the whole thing not make sense. HYDRA's motto was "cut off one head, two more shall take its place" even back then, but by that point, Red Skull was the only head it had ever had. It doesn't make sense to have your motto be "cut off one head, two more shall take its place" when the way it was presented in Cap 1 implied that it was Red Skull's personal super-science/paranormal army and not some constantly shifting organization with different factions and leaders, and if you get rid of that motto, then it doesn't make sense to call the group HYDRA in the first place.

Also, if we're following comic canon, HYDRA being an ancient secret cult that far predates WWII and the Nazis is canon there, and personally, anything that makes the MCU closer to comic canon is fine by me.
>>
>>82373694
Oh God, are you telling me Freeform is ABC's The CW?

Fuck, and here I was with actual hopes for the Cloak and Dagger show.
>>
>>82367211
On the contrary, I want the Netflix shows to not be a part of MCU anymore.
AoS can go fuck itself with a big Thanos cock for all I care.
>>
>>82373994
>Oh God, are you telling me Freeform is ABC's The CW?
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>82373781
No they aren't. Literally the only people that think like this are people that don't even watch the shows in the first place.

The show is perfect as is. Having the movies reference the show explicitly doesn't make the show better, it makes the movies worse. Having the show keep going "BATTLE OF NEW YORK. Remember the Battle of NEW YORK? Gee, we sure remember the BATTLE OF NEW YORK, right guys? Avengers, lmao" every fucking episode like they were doing in Season 1 just to hammer in the point that its canon didn't make the show better, it made it worse.

Doing things like having Sif, Malick, Sitwell and President Ellis show up in the show made it better. It added connective tissue by taking third-string characters from the movies and expanding on them in the show where they could be properly fleshed out. Just having the two constantly reference each other just makes everything more obnoxious, all for the sake of the small handfuls of autists who think "if it's not canon then it's not good, and if they don't drop constant cringe-worthy references 24/7 then it's not canon."
>>
>>82373994
>The channel primarily features series and movies aimed at teenagers and young adults – with some programming skewing towards young women – between the ages of 14 and 34, a target demographic designated by the channel as "becomers";
I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>82374086
>a target demographic designated by the channel as "becomers"
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN!?
>>
>>82374083
Yeah, I remember how everyone just stopped talking about 9/11 a few days after it happened.
>>
File: Daredevil-typing.jpg (63 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-typing.jpg
63 KB, 500x534
Doesn't Daredevil interact on occasion with Black Panther in the comics?
>>
>>82374123
The Battle of New York was 4 years ago in-universe at this point, and plenty of even worse shit has happened since then. It got a shoutout in President Ellis' speech earlier this season and it worked great in context. Any more than that would have been unnecessary and cingeworthy, all for the sake of a handful of autists like you.

A speech I might add, that gives great context for the state of the MCU going into Civil War. So much so that the person who made that based Road to Civil War video opted to include an excerpt from it:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cR6Xa6fEAg
>>
>>82374123
The thing is, The Avengers came out in May of 2012, and Agents of SHIELD came out September of 2013, which is part of the reason it was so annoying it kept saying "Hey, remember the Avengers? Boy, that was a big momentous event that changed everything" And then practically never deliver on much about the world that was changed, aside from a couple pieces random Chitauri tech.
>>
>>82374083
I watch literally everything MCU religiously as soon as it comes out and I say the feel disconnected. And it's not a good thing.

They're supposed to feel like separate properties in the same universe, not separate properties that take place in a completely different or ambiguous continuity.
>>
>>82374423
I watch literally everything MCU religiously as soon as it comes out OK, I never did finish Agent Carter admittedly and I say they feel connected just fine, and any more forced connection would be at the detriment of the individual products.

Just because you're too fucking stupid to think things are connected unless they're making constant non-stop references doesn't mean actual, functioning people think the same.
>>
>>82374423
Going into AoU, AoS felt more connected to the MCU than Iron Man 3 did. Is Iron Man 3 not canon?
>>
>>82374120
I don't know the term for it but it's disgusting. Something along the lines of people who are "becoming" the people they want to be. Young adults in transition to sadness/parenthood/debt or alternatively, happy successful lives.

>>82374516
That's just because Joss is an asshole that tried to fuck up the canon as much as Marvel would allow with AoU.
>>
All I want

All I want

Is everyone in IW.

And Cap makes a big speech like, "We are all defenders. We are all guardians. But today, we are all Avengers. Avengers... (big panning shot of everyone getting ready to fight) ASSEMBLE!" (Pull out to reveal ERRYONE)
>>
>>82374563
But that would imply Avengers are better than Guardians or Defenders and I don't think they'd do that. But sure, something along those lines.
>>
>>82373781
Do you know how to make AoS a good show? Good writing and making it into a good show. Making it more connected isn't going to make it better. It just makes the TV depend more on the films and Russo brothers and all future movie directors to give notes to the TV writers on what their plan is. So the TV guys can steer the story in the direction so it fits with the movies that come out years after the annoncement.
>>
>>82367421
Also: the Avengers got the location of the Hydra base at the start of AOU thanks to Coulson.
>>
>>82367421
kinda like the comics. Funny how that works isn't it. Too bad nobody here seems to get that.
>>
File: born again avengers.jpg (572 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
born again avengers.jpg
572 KB, 800x1202
>>82367211
I want to see Cap and Frank interact.

I want to see Spider-Man to face Kingpin, and for him and Daredevil to become friends.

I want Born Again to be adapted, including the stuff with Cap.
>>
>>82374563
It feels great that Cap has taken Iron Manlet's spot as face of the MCU.
>>
>>82375271
>Nuke is a budget Captain America
>Nuke's actor looks like a budget Chris Evans
>>
>>82367777
>quads
witnessed, this is the best solution
>>
>>82367671
Thunderbolt Ross says "New powered people pop up all over the globe every day."
Boom. Addressed. Such a massive shift in plans that was.

Haven't seen Civil War yet, so I don't know where this would fit. But I'm sure something like this could easily be put in there.
>>
>>82367276
This.
I want Daredevil: Reborn with Nuke and Cap in it.

I'd rather see MCU characters in the series rather than the other way around.
>>
The further the shows stay away from the flicks the more the shows can get away with. Besides, I wouldn't stomach the jumpcuts they'd use to butcher Daredevil, would you? Season 2 was shoddy enough on that front.
>>
>>82367211
Netflix shows are OK

AoS can fuck off.
>>
>>82367211
I think both movies and shows are in the same universe until something in the movies directly contradicts one of the shows.
Then that show will be in another universe that's similar to other.
Just like in comics when Marvel doesn't want something in 616 they change the universe of the comic to 185683544684634.
>>
>>82367312
it did already
>>
>>82379038
this>>82367415
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.