[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ if you were to have 5 street level powers what would it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16
File: 1403116770088.jpg (374 KB, 1858x2144) Image search: [Google]
1403116770088.jpg
374 KB, 1858x2144
/co/ if you were to have 5 street level powers what would it be?
>>
>>82364573
What qualifies as street level?
>>
Batman's money
Luke Cage's strength
Luke Cage's durability
Nightwing's sex appeal
Nightwing's acrobatics
>>
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by street level, I choose:
>The power to magically conjure hot dogs and hamburgers (gonna be a street vendor on the side).
>The power to perform clown tricks, only they're actually magic and not fake.
>The power to walk up walls, but with my hands instead of feet (so basically climbing).
>The power to spontaneously grow handlebar mustaches anywhere I want on my body.
>The power to magically summon hats on top of my head.
So basically, the powers to be a street performer.
>>
>>82364573
Regenerative healing factor
Photographic memory
Precognitive vision
The Hercules Method
Confidence
>>
>>82364573
Are stretch powers street level? I only need stretch powers.
>>
>>82365147
Anon, Luffy has Stretch powers. Plastic Man is a fucking shapeshifter, and you know that's who you meant.
>>
>>82365198
Nope I want be Luffy. Plastic Man is way too powerful.
>>
Is Shapeshifting street level?

The other four are just side notes if I can get Shapeshifting. That's priority number one.
>>
File: 1372047994456.jpg (443 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1372047994456.jpg
443 KB, 1280x1920
>>82365414
Depends on the level of the shapeshifting. Someone with either a Martian or Apocalypse's level of shapeshifting obviously wouldn't be street level. But someone with Mystique or Chameleon's level of shapeshifting would be considered street level.
>>
>>82365198
>immortality
>shapeshift into anything
>become a giant
>immune to mind attacks

Even the lesser known leaguers are virtually gods. He was even able to take on an unleashed Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>82364573
"street level" is not a power level, you dumb fuck. it means "heroes that fight street crime".
>>
Photographic reflexes, enhanced agility, and I'm good with two.
>>
>>82365636
>photographic reflexes
>the ability to know when something would make for a sick photograph at superhuman speed
>>
5 of Spiderman's stuff
>>
File: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (563 KB, 867x766) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png
563 KB, 867x766
>Enhanced intellect
So that I can start by own business and acquired funds to fund my interests and investments. Also useful for when I decided to further enhance myself with nanomachines.

>Immortality
Useful for conquering death and witnessing humanity's potential migration into space.

>Healing factor
To help sustain my immortality. Great insurance against freak accidents. assassinations and etc that can lead to potential death.

>Enhance durability
Prevention against potential injuries that would had killed an ordinary men. Reduce stress on healing factor due the damage reduction that I receive.

>Persuasion
For when you need to convince a potential business partner into becoming your business partner.
>>
>>82366015
No nanomachines? You're batshit insane.
>>
>Healing Factor
>Photographic Reflexes
>Luck Manipulation
>Shapeshifting
>Mind Control
>>
Spider Sense
Eidetic Memory
Healing Factor (Regenerative)
Super Durability
Super Strength
>>
File: bagorama.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bagorama.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
i'm unimaginative, so I'll just settle for spider-man's powers

>Super Strength
>Super Agility
>Spider-Sense
>Stick'em Powers
>Ability to naturally produce webs.
>>
Spiderman's power set, with the edit that my webs and webshooters are organic.

Now that I think about it, is there any character that is strictly street level and is as powerful as Spidey?
>>
>>82366572
Nah. web-head is kind of an anomaly in terms of power.

He's stupid strong, but he's still "street level" despite going toe to toe with cosmic entities like Firestar.

He's only really street level in the sense that he mostly operates more personally and on the literal streets, rather than a grander scale like the GotG, or the X-Men, or the Avengers.
>>
>Ability to Heal other people (can't revive the dead)
>Bullshit peak human condition
>Enhanced sight and Accuracy
>Enchant fists with magic or something
>Martial arts expertise?

I dunno that bullshit peak human condition is all I need to be honest
>>
File: Ob0S2px.jpg (174 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
Ob0S2px.jpg
174 KB, 1280x670
>>82366287
Why waste a slot on nanomachines when you can easily acquire that via enhanced intellect?
>>
>>82364573
>Healing Factor
>Invisibility
>Flight
>Telekensis
>Super Duribility
People underestimate telekensis. You can fuck with people, kill enemies, steal whatever you want, ruin somebody's life in various ways, and obviously hero shit if you want to go that route. Also makes you pretty much invulnerable against guns and melee weapons.
Combine that with flight and invisibility and people can't even realize you were at so many spots relevant to these situations.
Then super durablility in case they ever manage to sneak up on me with say a sniper or something and regenerative to heal myself afterwards.
>>
Infrared Vision
Optical Camouflage
Voice Mimicry
Enhanced Durability
Hostility Detection
>>
>>82364573
Let's make it more interesting, in order to street level it, design a weakness, limit or drawback of your powers

>invulnerability but you feel the pain
>you get tired when you fly
>you have to hold your breath in order to heal
>>
>>82364573
The power to quadratically expand my physicall stats for a certain time
The power to quadratically boost my other powers
The power to multiply my physical stats by 10
Unaging
Taskmaster's learning shit

They call me Quadraticommando
>>
Enhanced strength
Enhanced durability
Master of martial arts
Master of weapon use
Healing powers
>>
File: Mutantzero.png (196 KB, 339x565) Image search: [Google]
Mutantzero.png
196 KB, 339x565
>>82364573
I was always fond of Typhoid Mary, an 80's villain of Daredevil. Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis (only 100 lbs or less, but fine control), Hypnosis (reasonable suggestions only), and pro class agility & fighting skills.

I'd take those 5 qualities of hers any day of the week.
>>
>>82368102
You get the crazy along with it.
>>
Just tons of guns.

And a dick the size of Luke Cage's.
>>
Super strength
Slight stretching power mostly so I can contort into and between any space.
Wall crawling all over my body
Ability to cover my body in friction less mucus.
Finally super human sensory powers like DD.

I would be called the tongue.
>>
>>82365475
Pretty sure that's Groucho Marx in the second panel
>How do you scare man who's afraid of aliens, sitting in a room all on his lonesome?
>You march in
>>
>>82364707
>>82364824

Does Most Excellent Superbat's level of money still count as street level?
>>
>>82364573
Mind Control
Shapeshifting
Regeneration
Precognition
Reality warp resistance.
>>
>>82364573
Whatever it is bullseye has combined with domino/longshot luck. That would be pretty neat
>>
>>82366015
All of this except, instead of persuation, the ability to change the form and mind (or give mind) of objects/creatures so I can have qt birds and insects as my citizen when I built my own empire.
>>
Either Spiderman isn't street-level, or any power in the world that you want is street level as long as you "work on the streets". Far as I'm concerned, Spiderman is streets ahead of street level.
>>
Having a MASSIVE DONG with which I uphold justice.
>>
>>82364573
(1) Teleportation, but it's impossible for me to accidentally teleport inside of something or someone. Or purposefully, for that matter. That sounds gross. I don't want to do it. Oh and I guess the range is limited to, like, a blocks or something, in order to keep it street level

(2-5) Don't care since I'm not really interested in any street level power beyond (1)
>>
>>82367568
Super speed, but with realistic caloric consumption.
Don't run too fast or you'll starve to death in seconds
>>
Purple Man's persuasion powers
Taskmaster's skill learning powers
Wolverine's healing factor/immortality
Spider-man's speed and strength
Luke Cage's strength/durability

All street level heroes, and now you have an eternity to learn how to beat the shit out of people, you can't be hurt, and if you do get hurt it heals instantly. Plus you're strong enough to hurl trucks at people and you can convince anybody to do anything you want.
>>
File: phot2222o.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
phot2222o.jpg
5 KB, 100x100
Domino's luck
Longshot's luck
Gambit's luck
Jake and Katie from Just my luck
and super speed
>>
>>82368693
no you'd be called the toad. someone collar this mutie!
>>
Healing factor
enhanced/super intelligence
batman's wealth
Dick Grayson's sex appeal
teleportation
>>
>>82364928
That'd be a badass superhero, honestly. I'd read a conic about this.
>>
Nick Cage's future sight from Next
enhanced reflex
lodsa money
enhanced durability
shockwave by doing a guitar solo
>>
>>82365475
>Manhunter is a cartoon enthusiast

I never knew he was so based.
>>
File: no newbs allowed.png (611 KB, 542x722) Image search: [Google]
no newbs allowed.png
611 KB, 542x722
>>82364573
I want the power of Parkour.
>>
>>82364573

There are no street level powers. Only street level characters.

The typical rule though is that if your powers allow you to jump really far or fly, you aren't a street level character.
>>
There's really only 3 powers that matter.

Luck

Enhanced Intellect

Invulnerability

This combo can't be beat.

If you aren't smart enough, you're lucky enough and if you aren't lucky enough, you're invulnerable.
>>
>>82364573
>Bulletproof
>Spiderman reflexes
>Building-height jumping
>Mind reading
>Don't need to sleep or eat
>>
>>82364928
>>The power to magically conjure hot dogs and hamburgers (gonna be a street vendor on the side).
You later learn you aren't conjuring them from thin air, but magically transporting them from honest hardworking cooks and hotdog vendors.
>>The power to perform clown tricks, only they're actually magic and not fake.
Turns out clowns are still scary, and this is increased exponentially with magic.
>>The power to walk up walls, but with my hands instead of feet (so basically climbing).
You got me here, I can't find a monkey's paw for this.
>>The power to spontaneously grow handlebar mustaches anywhere I want on my body.
But the hairs don't stop regrowing, and you now have to consistently shave your body wherever you've summoned a mustache.
>>The power to magically summon hats on top of my head.
You can't take them off. If you keep summoning them they pile up until the weight on your head snaps your neck and paralyzes you.
>>
>>82373455
This is the best so far.
>>
>>82364573
Is Middy considered street level? If so, I want whatever he's got.
>>
>>82364573
>power of suggestion (people can resist it if it goes against a strong belief)
>teleportation (myself and anything I'm wearing/holding)
>mind reading (has an off switch, aimed rather than AOE)
>can 'bottle' fatigue so that I stop feeling tired, and can then 'unbottle' it later so I fall asleep at once

I can't think of a fifth one so someone else can have a sixth power
>>
>>82364573
The power to turn anyone gay at will
The power to make anyone unbelievably horny
The power to make clothes dissapear
The power to make myself irresistibly attractive to anyone
The power to make sex organs dissapear and reappear at will

Essentially I'd make villains unbelievably horny unicks unless they complied with my demands
>>
>>82377563

You can walk up the walls but the power doesn't work if you're trying to go back down so you're forced to find other ways to get down.
>>
>>82364573
>gooey shapeshifting powers as opposed to regular shapeshifting powers because I want to be a special snowflake
>regeneration
>super reflexes
>street level super strength that changes depending on the form I take
>mind control
>>
File: wolololo.png (56 KB, 900x1550) Image search: [Google]
wolololo.png
56 KB, 900x1550
The ability to turn anyone I want into a slave that is willing to do whatever
The ability to erase any mark of me being at any one place, like if a camera captures me than it would be blurred. Don't care if that is a bit OP, wouldn't have the balls to do it to anyone famous.
Walking bullet sponge, if it's not a rocket or harder than a rocket barreling at me than I can have it in me with no problem.
And the ability to spawn a burrito of my choosing when I'm starving, so that I don't have to leave harem.
>>
File: prototype.jpg (193 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
prototype.jpg
193 KB, 1680x1050
Just make me a Shoggoth I'll take care of the rest.
>>
>>82379941
>The power to make sex organs dissapear and reappear at will
Imagine all the salami you could hide...
>>
>Super Speed
Not Flash-tier, but Speed Demon or Quicksilver fast should be fine.
>Teleportation
Just a close range thing like Nightcrawler.
>Super Ventriloquism
I think it can be useful. Confuse criminals, never have to worry about someone recognizing my voice, help with secret identity stuff.
>Shapeshifting
A whole slew of uses.
>Telekinesis
As strong and precise as I can get at street level. It's never used with enough creativity, just tying the bad guys' shoelaces together would be enough to stop decent number of criminals.
>>
>>82364573
Whose that semen demon?
>>
>>82382368
Taskmaster
>>
>>82375720
Your nemesis have the power to drain luck.
He drain all your luck.
You end up buried alive with 0 luck.
He wins on the lottery, meets the love of his life and become the most loved president in history.
>>
>>82382628
youre nemesis have power of typo and bad grammer more then you
>>
File: 1421249707185.gif (2 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1421249707185.gif
2 MB, 300x199
>Street level hero
>climbs on roof tops well above street level
>>
>>82382624
I meant the girl on the right you classic faggot
>>
>>82382721
It's Domino, jeez..
stop having fun any time.
>>
>>82382729
time to fap
>>
File: Domino scared by giant cock.jpg (320 KB, 1280x926) Image search: [Google]
Domino scared by giant cock.jpg
320 KB, 1280x926
>>82382746
have fun
>>
File: emporio Ivankov.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
emporio Ivankov.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>82364573
Enhanced Strength
Enhanced Endurance
Persuasion
Healing Factor
Hormone Manipulation
>>
>>82382667
How is that bad for me? If anything I will look less like a non-native speaker...
>>
File: Domino.jpg (37 KB, 335x311) Image search: [Google]
Domino.jpg
37 KB, 335x311
>>82382746
>>
File: 1440124581371.jpg (113 KB, 850x942) Image search: [Google]
1440124581371.jpg
113 KB, 850x942
Super Fast Car capable of accessing the SPEED DIMENSION that enemies are constantly trying to steal from me, yet it tricked out so only I can drive.

peak human physiology

danger sense

super racing suit to hide my identity and help protect me from super Gs/bullets. It comes with a scarf.

badass kung fu powers to fight Toyota and Mitsubishi ninjas off of my car.

They shall call me the Speed King
>>
shapeshifting is all I need.
unconscious shapeshifting that is, like Mystique, not like Clayface
>>
>>82364573
Constantine is street level, right?
If so, his mastery of magic.
Also Batgod's "preptime" brand plot armor.
>>
>>82382698
Buildings are still attached to the ground and close to one another, they cant get any higher than they can jump.
>>
>>82371145
He bought a country, so that makes him at least a national level hero.
>>
Street level magic. Something like the Spiderwick chronicles. Not some lightning tossing wizard, but just some guy with a couple of grimiores detailing different magical phenomena and how to properly deal with them. Maybe hunt down that goblin that's been raiding your neighbors trash, or help that cute ghost girl in the local haunted house move on to the afterlife. I wouldn't want to go any further down the path of a wizard than that because then you end up fighting thousand year old super liches and incomprehensible abominations from beyond the stars.
>>
>>82383404
That might be cool

Another interpretation of "street magic" could also be the capacity to do whatever trick street performers do but at a superhero level.

You'd get to pick from a wide range of fortune telling methods, some forms of levitation, hypnotism, mind reading, conjuration of small objects, arguably telekinesis and so much more.
>>
File: melmo_by_teruchan.jpg (381 KB, 759x597) Image search: [Google]
melmo_by_teruchan.jpg
381 KB, 759x597
>>82364573
The power of save points. Every time I'm unconscious I'm given the choice to create a save or return to a previews save.
Age control, not in making people turn to dust just by looking at them but more like being able to change others and self age with continuous contact (like holding hands)
Superhuman durability can be very useful. Don't want to find out if I can still load a save after death
Teleportation
Shapeshifting
>>
>>82383708
That sounds pretty cool too. You'd basically be Abra Kadabra but a hero. Not too mention that if we're going the Houdini route of magician then you'd probably have some Scott Free levels of escape artistry at your disposal too.
>>
Golden age superman was street level right? Maybe not back when he was first created since he was the only Superman walking around, but if we're talking about a world where it seems every other petty thief can shoot lasers and manipulate fundamental forces of the universe he'd be pretty street level. faster than a train, super jumps, bullet proof. yeah that'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>82383948
And then comes the interesting part where you mix the two concepts

That guy could be an actual sorcerer initiate who pretends to be a street performer by day and investigates the paranormal by night. Uses his little street shows to make money while traveling so he can freely roam around the globe in search of all kind of occult beings.
>>
>>82365520
Well, Plas has the advantage of being Fernus!Manhunter's hard counter.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.