[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JSA Storytime: LOSH New 52
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
Good evening owls of /co/,

we back
>>
>>82362728
(properly, we back in 15 minutes, but we are on for tonight)
>>
>>82362728
Hello Storyteller.

Good to have you back. It's been a... trying couple of days.
>>
>thought I'd use those nights off to catch up on the X-Men storytimes
>still almost a week behind

I'm a failure
>>
Yai anon is back.
>>
>>82362728
Hi OP. Glad to have you back.
>>
>>82363019
Yeah I've fallen way back on that too.
>>
Oh shit, we're about to hit Giffen's KILL EVERYONE return, aren't we?
>>
Ah, yes, some fine continuity fuckery in the early morning hours. An excellent choice monsieur Storyteller.
>>
>>82363080
Probably. We've also reached The Culling in Legion Lost. So it's happy times ahead! :^)
>>
So, while we're waiting, Zemo is good in CW.
>>
>>82362728
Hey, people who've been following along this read through longer than me: Can someone explain how the UP fits in with other DC space stuff?

I was brainstorming Legionnaires and thought up like Thanagarian Lizardmen or Xudarians or other relatively common 'modern' DC Aliens as prospects, but would they even be in Legion space? Does the UP make it out of Sector 2814? Has DC ever made it clear one way or another?

I know Green Lanterns are either banned or extinct, always, but what about the rest of DC Cosmic?
>>
>>82363159
In Robinson's Starman, he was trying to set up the UP as having found it's roots in a modern-era "League of Planets" diplomatic agreement between most of the known planets and races. Rann, Thanagar, Tamaran, etc, etc
>>
>>82363214

I see what he did there
>>
>>82362750
so how are you owls?
>>
>>82363159
The rest of DC Cosmic is pretty much never brought up as far as I remember. Which is really odd, especially since the aliens of the current era never seem to show up. There's no thanagarian or tamaranen legionnaires, for example.

Granted, it's a thousand years in the future, but still.
>>
>>82363159
It covers/has member planets in several sectors including 1287 where Colu is located.
>>
>>82363124
mademoiselle, s'il vous plait
>>
>>82363299
so I see that while I was gone people started getting mad that Frank Cho is doing Wondy variant covers, and Nei Ruffino, who makes the Zenescope covers look like the interiors might actually be sexy (spoiler: they are not), is coloring his art
>>
>>82363264
Last night I discovered that the window on my bathroom ceiling leaks now when it rains really hard. But it didn't rain today and I had breakfast for dinner so that's nice.
>>
>>82363343
I wonder who greenlit that, the absolute madman.
>>
>>82363264
>So how are you owls?
Honestly? Pissed. It's hot as balls, and I want all nerds to die. >>82322088

Yeah, y'know what? I hope the SJWs win. Fuck everything.
>>
>>82363277
Well, Tamaran has blown up like three times since the early 80s. Them not surviving into Y3K kinda makes sense, so matter how slutty Starfire makes them seem.

It is weird that you never get "weird accident powers Rannian joins the Legion" though. Especially once DC starts going hard for continuity.
>>
>>82363343
>Nei Ruffino, who makes the Zenescope covers look like the interiors might actually be sexy (spoiler: they are not), is coloring his art
those Zenescope covers ARE pretty enticing

Cho/Ruffino should be a killer art combo
>>
>>82363343
I'm more baffled by the decision if anything.

The guy has been trolling for the past few months to get attention and money and it's been working, so they put him on variants for one of the most popular superheroines who has started getting more attention due to the DCEU?
>>
>>82363264
I caught Civil War and I am really, really hopeful for Zemo in the MCU. Based Thunderbolts husbando.
>>
>>82363382
I figure it's best of both worlds: regular covers done by the interior artists and it sells on their strengths and Rucka writing, then Sexy Covers for the variant-buying audience, and we might get a Wondy book that sells over 40k
>>
>>82363264
Hype about the Midnighter finale. It's got a Authority send-up, Waller decking Hendy-Bendy, and FUKKEN MULTIPLEX
>>
>>82363425
I don't know about attention. Cho has been doing his thing for years. Money, sure, people are paying like hell for those sketches.
>>
>>82363343
Eh. Nobody really got mad, per se. It's really more like the typical "Oooo I bet Tumblr will shit themselves over this. I hope Tumblr-chan will finally notice us this time!" crap.

I don't really give a shit, since they're varieant covers, and thus I don't have to put up with Cho's childish bullshit in the book itself.
>>
>>82363392
Whoever was in that thread, defending Carol's new costume mask was wrong.

That mask makes her look like some weird bondage mask. The new costume has issues enough without it, although I will admit it's grown on me.
>>
>>82363264
I have a sudden craving to bust out the wine, and the fact that it is a craving means I probably shouldn't
>>
>>82363456
Authority book under the Young Animal umbrella when?
>>
>>82363431
so even though he's not Zemo in some ways, he's apparently very Zemo in others

Hmmmmm

>>82363456
I love multiplex

>>82363484
I've seen actual madness on Twitter and "now I can't buy Wondy"
>>
>>82363456
I dunno what sigil magic we need for Orlando to be on Stormwatch and/or Suicide Squad but I wish I did.
>>
>>82363493
I know that feeling
>>
>>82363486

It's a Kree thing it's just no one cares about or uses the Kree anymore.
>>
>>82363509
Seeley on SS is fine, honestly, let's save Orlando for the JSA unless Abby is taking it up.
>>
>>82363505
>I've seen actual madness on Twitter and "now I can't buy Wondy"
hahahah, fucking really? they can't buy an A+ team on a book because they don't like the guy doing variant covers?

>>82363509
I hope they announce more Orlando stuff soon, Supergirl isn't exactly lighting me on fire
>>
>>82363539
Daaaamn, Nura

>>82363552
there's a lot of performative pureness tests going around

>>82363550
Orlando JSA, fuck yeah

he tweeted about liking Jared right before I went out of town and I went all <3
>>
>>82363505
Man, Luorno is pretty understanding towards Grava, despite the attempts at Grand Theft Husbando
>>
>>82363539
>That face
Looks like he just had a vision of things to come.
>>
>>82363582
I am just dying to know which JSA we're getting
>>
>>82363582

If you have a better way to prove I love comics than not buying comics with certain people involved i'd love to hear it
>>
>>82363548
Man, remember when the Kree were a central part of 5 years worth of great Giffen/DnA Marvel Cosmic?
>>
>>82363582
>tfw he's the only writer alive who'll admit to liking jared
GOAT
>>
>>82363552
>I hope they announce more Orlando stuff soon, Supergirl isn't exactly lighting me on fire
Williamson apparently has a Vertigo mini so maybe Orlando will have something too

If he does I hope it's gay
>>
>>82363264

Ear infections suck. But I have the GOOD pain meds now to help with that. Just kidding, just ibuprofen :(
>>
File: 1412652913411.png (443 KB, 528x597) Image search: [Google]
1412652913411.png
443 KB, 528x597
>>82363505
>I've seen actual madness on Twitter and "now I can't buy Wondy"
Okay, no. We need to get this out in the air once of for all.

Stop. Listening. To Radicals.

These people are crazy and reactionary. They are loud, but they are few. Stop seeking them out to re-post their nonsense. Stop giving them attention. So what if some idiots claim they won't buy the book due to one or two minor factors? Who gives a shit?

Just stop. Stop making this a thing. Enough. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>82363505
He wasn't Zemo for me in the least significant ways - the costume, the props. I think there's even some Zemo vs. Cap/Bucky fanservice there.

Some spoiler-ish thoughts here: >>82348039

I'm not a big MCU fan really but I came out of this one really happy with how they did one of my favourite characters in it. I think there are so many ways they can go from here too.
>>
>>82363635
He's so unabashed about his enjoyment of 90s stuff that so many people turn up their noses at

>>82363654
;___;

>>82363659
they're funny to me and my life needs funny :(
>>
>>82363659
Radical SocJus and the alt-right have made it really easy to get lots of attention to radical viewpoints these days. Both movements are so huge online and, it feels, a lot of people in them are still trying to work out where the party line is. Not that this is anything new in political movements!
>>
>>82363683
oh gosh, that does sound appealing

I haven't seen a single MCU movie
>>
>>82363685
A lot of 90s stuff was honestly great. Milestone was killing it. DC was at the top of their game in a lot of their stuff, and even their step into "EXTREME!" excesses had a lot of fun behind it. Lobdell's Gen X was, honest to god, really good. Best work he's ever done, I'd say.

Hell, even fucking muscle-overdrive Prime from Malibu comics was fun.
>>
>>82363552
I think Orlando is one of the rare writers who can handle literally any character well. I am hoping Apollo shows up in Supergirl.
>>
>>82363727
>Not that this is anything new in political movements!

As a GOPer, I think it's hilarious that people are so gloom and doom about both parties undergoing civil war right now. I mean shit, that's how the Republican party got formed in the first place.
>>
>>82363659
>Stop seeking them out to re-post their nonsense
but they're funny. how will I feel superior if I can't make fun of other people's wrong opinions?
>>
>>82363750
>tfw Milestone will never kill it again

Did the Milestone revival die or something because it's been like a year since we've heard anything
>>
>>82363019
>>82363069
You can do it Anons! I'm only one day behind, I just need to read the Vignettes.
>>
>>82363729
>I haven't seen a single MCU movie

I legit enjoy all the Captain America movies, and Guardians of the Galaxy was a a lot of fun. Rest of the MCU I'm pretty "eh" on though.
>>
>>82363750
I know this and you know this, but it's an uphill battle to convince some younger (in terms of being less extensively read--we're kind of all old now because we've read so many comics) readership that there's stuff worth their while there. Which is why it's funny that the guy writing a book that so many of them love is so steeped in it.
>>
>>82363785
I'd looooove for Apollo to get a bunch of all new character interaction, just throw him at unexpected matchups, make him talk to people who are way, way away from the Authority or anything like it.
>>
>>82363785
I am sure it will be good, I just wish he was on something more my speed (also I'm already getting Adventures of Supergirl and I don't really need two Supergirl books). I'm definitely checking it out though
>>
>>82363425
Maybe it's because he's a talented artist who specializes in the female form?
>>
>>82363785
His Billy was meaner than most people were comfortable with. That said, in a Johns sort of way, I trust him with characters he likes.
>>
>>82363729
You're not alone OP

The only good the MCU and DCEU are doing are making DC and Marvel reprint stuff
>>
>>82363839
Exactly, Apollo needs characterization that's not "Midnighter's husband"

Like how Teddy needs to escape being "Billy's perfect +1"
>>
>>82363729
I end up going to see them all but I'm rarely enthusiastic about them. This one also left with me with a lot of anticipation for the Black Panther movie. I was a huge fan of Creed, so the director already had me switched on, but Boseman turns a great T'Challa performance and they seem to be going with a real afrofuturist Wakanda.

I did find it funny that this movie had pretty much the opposite side of Zemo's characterisation to the one we saw in Standoff.
>>
You guys are making me hope he pulls best Superboy into Supergirl's cast
>>
>>82363685
>they're funny to me and my life needs funny :(
No. By giving these idiots the attention they crave, you are allowing the Internet to be further divided into extreme halves. No. NO!. Bad Storyteller.

>>82363727
Like I said, fuck 'em.
>>
>>82363873
Deadpool was the first movie I'd seen in the theatre since, ummm....Frost/Nixon?
>>
>>82363787
Yeah, and the first time the Republican Party ended up in charge, it ended up killing nearly a million people in a four year civil war.

I think people are at least justified in being a bit afraid of in party political strife possibly bleeding out into sectarian violence, generally speaking.
>>
>>82363850
Yes but DC has been shat on relentlessly for a while now over diversity and representation and all that, not to mention Berganza rearing his ugly head again.
Getting a cheesecake artist on Wonder Woman won't really help how people see them.
>>
>>82363879
New Avengers has been doing him good there. Making him Gay Space Conan was a good start, and he's got plenty of other people to interact with.

Now if Ewing can just maintain hold of them.
>>
>>82363839
On one hand Supergirl's kind of typical, on the other hand, it would be kind of Stars and STRIPES-ish if they were arbitrarily friends and that would be hilarious.
>>
>>82363787
People I meet and interact with in real life are still mostly willing to acknowledge other people as, uh, people so I haven't lost all hope yet.
>>
>>82363729
I haven't seen any since the first Avengers, they all started to feel the same

>>82363889
Kon? I would like to see him show up but I worry they're going to phase him out in favor of Jon
>>
>>82363902
Well, I don't take the argument TO them, that's pointless.

so I also got the rare pleasure of going to a plant place in Houston where I walked around and was all "what the actual fuck IS that?" which is not a common occurrence.
>>
>>82363837
Aw, Glorith doesn't have a logo yet.
>>
>>82363785
I'd die for Kara to become Polly's faghag. It's only right after Midnighter got him some Dick.
>>
>>82363879
OH SPEAKING OF. The preview had them visiting Wanda and Sandoval can't not make that scene look 10/10 uncomfortable hilarity. With Wanda lounging around with her tits out and the kids being all NOT STARE AT TITS.
>>
>>82363943
Right, I have to catch up on Ewing in ANAD, as it sounds like he's doing probably the best work in Marvel right now
>>
>>82363866
Not who you're replying to but yeah I wasn't a fan of his Billy at all.

And Supergirl will probably be fine but I'm not interested in reading what seems to be using the TV show's status quo.
>>
>>82363920
CW does build on a lot of previous MCU stuff so if you haven't seen any of it I could see parts of it being super boring, if you do decide to break the streak.
>>
>>82363837
.... I don't think I care much for this art.

Anyway, yeah, the stigma of the 90s is still very strong. The bad has blinded everyone to the good (WML Wondy, Inza Fate, FATE, WildCATS...), and people refuse to read these titles simply because of the era they hail from. It's a shame.
>>
>>82363879
>Like how Teddy needs to escape being "Billy's perfect +1"
Yes please, I think they could both benefit from a real break for a while.
>>
>>82363972

His silhouette was on the very first Rebirth teaser is the only reason I'm thinking he's gonna show somewhere

>>82364004

it's so off. I'm hoping there's payoff in the issue
>>
>>82364022
The TV show status quo is Gates status quo sans-New Krypton. Nothing to be mad about.
>>
>>82364026
I gotta say I don't think this is the strongest outing I've seen from Kolins, no
>>
>>82364011
None of Ewing's current books are ones I would point to solely on the strength of the writing and say "This is amazing" (but I would give a nod to the meta stuff in Ultimates) but what really impresses me is how he's able to vary up the tone of a book. New Avengers is a completely different beast to Ultimates, and Champions is sort of the fun parts of NA turned up to 11 (except the fun parts of NA are already turned up to 11...)

I would love to see him become a flagship guy for Marvel.
>>
>>82363943
I love how making someone Conan with tweaks can make so many dozens of characters quantifiable better.

My fucking soul for a Busiek/Nord Hawkman
>>
>>82364011
The preview where he and Billy start talking to Wanda was real good.

Also, Wanda is unnervingly hot in those pages.
>>
>>82364011
With Vision ending and King going exclusive, Ewing is certainly up there as the most consistently good writer. Ultimates has gotten pretty good and it's making me not hate Carol or MAC. If marvel didn't ruin events, I'd almost want him to do one.

Speaking of King, did you hear that Vote Loki was originally King's premise?
>>
>>82364098
Pray for a Hawkman DC challenge IMO. Every writer/artist team taking on a different incarnation of Katar and Shayera.

>>82364102
>Also, Wanda is unnervingly hot
FTFY
>>
>>82363879
>Like how Teddy needs to escape being "Billy's perfect +1"

It's kind of amazing that a character that deep in lore is just kind of a supporting character. Like, how much has he ever interacted with Carol? Or Rick Jones? There are people with deep connections to his father all over the place.
>>
>>82363987
She's new, and still isn't entirely sure about this whole superhero thing.

>>82364004
Wanda seems to have seen The Graduate recently, and wants to be Mrs. Robinson. Gracious, woman, tone it down a notch.
>>
>>82364135
Wiccan is "deep in the lore" in the sense Mantis' stint as the Celestial Madonna was IMO
>>
>>82364120
No, really? Hah!

I bet King is enough of a back-issue nerd to have read Etrigan for President, which I have discovered very few comics pros on Twitter seem to have known about

McCrea made a "got an email from Garth" comment the other day something something Baytor
>>
>>82364120
>Speaking of King, did you hear that Vote Loki was originally King's premise?
That is interesting, I might have actually read it if he was writing it

>>82364163
I think anon meant Hulkling, what with him being Mar-vell's son and heir to the Skrulls and all
>>
>>82364135
When was the last time Rick ever even did anything?
>>
>>82364022
Is continuing from previous run mix with tv show, Michael, Tv jimmy.
>>
>>82364081
So, things Rokk can't handle:
Other people form his home planet
Rocks
>>
>>82364174
King was editing Robin back in the mid-90s, no? Not surprising, Etrigan 4 Prez was only '92.
>>
>>82363264
I'm currently deciding what I should storytime.
I'm deciding between Daredevil, pre-Onslaught Avengers, or Mar-Vell.
>>
>>82364135
Wasn't the Whisperer being Rick Jones James Robinson's idea? I think I read that on CBR or something.

Ah, yeah

>It was actually James Robinson and Mark Waid who lobbied very effectively for it to be Rick.
>>
>>82364174
Oh Jan how I miss you...
>>
>>82364174
>Etrigan for President
Dwayne McDuffie will burst out laughing from his grave if Trump is elected.
>>
>>82364174
>I bet King is enough of a back-issue nerd to have read Etrigan for President, which I have discovered very few comics pros on Twitter seem to have known about
Speaking of stuff people don't read simply because it's from the 90s... You could never do that story now, because people would literally kill each other fighting about politics.
>>
>>82364234
>>
>>82364207
>TV Jimmy

What? That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>82363974
was it a triffid

should I buy a new hose
>>
>>82364196
He was JUST the Whisperer, who basically started Standoff.
>>
>>82364279
Since comic Jimmy is white, Orlando is using michael as replacement
>>
>>82364174
>>82364234
Will Hadru ever win Arrah-sensei's love?

Seriously, I'm not the only one getting vibes here, right?
>>
>>82364081
>>82364217
Rokk used to be vastly stronger at magnetism compared to other Braalians because he was born on Earth.
He's probably wishing his suit still had the bubble dome, though.
>>
>>82364276
JAN IS GOING TO FUCK YOU UP

>>82364271
I love it because it's all-out explicitly political. No fake names or shit, we Sam Donaldson jokes and "vote for the crook, it's important"

>>82364280
it's this place in the NW Houston near-boonies that's like 3 acres of greenhouses with tropicals everywhere--obscure weird tropicals--and bonsai and Vietnamese herbs
>>
>>82364068
Pretty sure I picked up the book with NK and then dropped it after that so...
I'm not mad but it's not what I want to read. Might be fine but meh.
>>
>>82363343
Honestly, sexy variant covers have to be one of the least offensive possible sexualizations in comics, right? It's literally the thing you can choose not to buy, and the thing most like an actual pin-up.

I can understand the think of the children argument for eliminating them, I suppose, not that I agree with it. And there are characters it's not appropriate for but Diana isn't one of them. All we should be bitching for is a Dautermann Thor pin-up cover.
>>
>>82364312
Oh, the handicapped kid? Well that's good, he should stick around. Kara's been strong during all of the New 52 in terms of supporting casts and characterization, I'd like that stuff to stick.
>>
>>82364276
The fuck is with Jan's sparkly eyes? That space-hemp must be some good shit.

>Cast your vote for Legion Leader!
I vote Nura!
>>
File: Awakening-3.png (383 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Awakening-3.png
383 KB, 640x480
>>82364312
>>
>>82364338
This is pre-ZH continuity, right?
>>
>>82364355
Dautermann Thor pinup in full shirtlessness, arms extended, hair down...why can't we have nice things?
>>
>>82364370
I miss the Babs/steph Friendship
>>
>>82364388
How many fucking times has Nura been legion leader? Like, more than anyone almost right?
>>
>>82364464
SUSPICIOUSLY many.
>>
>>82364430
so the opera was well-worth going to even though I wanted to fire the entire creative team for the shittiest dragon fight I've ever seen

and Fafner's singer was costumed like a Juggalo, which was odd because you usually never see Fafner's singer on stage
>>
>>82364464

I think Saturn Girl had the record according to that DnD book thing.

best girl wins again
>>
>>82364196
He kickstarted Avengers Standoff and got recruited in SHIELD for it.
>>
>>82364343
>I love it because it's all-out explicitly political. No fake names or shit, we Sam Donaldson jokes and "vote for the crook, it's important"
The book had balls. Brass balls to just straight up take the piss out of then-current stuff. No fucks given.

>>82364355
>Honestly, sexy variant covers have to be one of the least offensive possible sexualizations in comics, right? It's literally the thing you can choose not to buy, and the thing most like an actual pin-up.
Seriously, even -I- don't have a problem with pin-up variant covers. Because, and this is the important part, they're not part of the story.
>>
>>82364430
I just remembered that Marvel is doing a "Men of Marvel" variant month and that all the covers are bad

why
>>
>>82364355
>All we should be bitching for is a Dautermann Thor pin-up cover.
I will never not be upset by how two gay guys working are on a couple female led titles.

Somebody bribe Dautermann with Superman or something so Supes can compete with Lumberjack Bruce.
>>
>>82364484
dat bouffant
>>
>>82364484
>for the shittiest dragon fight
As a pleb, what distinguishes a good opera dragon fight from a bad one?
>>
>>82364530
>Somebody bribe Dautermann with Superman or something so Supes can compete with Lumberjack Bruce.
Didn't Dautermann draw Nightwing? Why don't I see anything from that reposted in sexy panels threads?
>>
>>82364505
IDK, I blame Alonso. It probably made him feel funny so he told everyone to make everything ugly and tame. Gay stuff scares him.
>>
>>82364539
>>
>>82364505
There's like one or two that are okay IIRC.
>>
>>82364505
>Fiona Staples drew Miles' cover
>a 16 year old boy

She couldn't do sexy even if marvel would've let her.
Because according to Henderson, Marvel wouldn't allow really sexy covers or something?
>>
>>82364546
To be fair, it's an impossible scene to stage. But the production team had shown that they could do visually striking busy displays in other scenes, and then the dragon fight was completely static. Just have shit happen on stage with the mobiles and all, and I'd be happy. Anything to distract us from the tenor who has a sword and no idea how to use it.
>>
>>82364562
He drew a couple issues, the best issues of the entire thing funnily enough, but it wasn't really sexy at all.

If anything Dick was just really cute.
>>
>>82364588
>Because according to Henderson, Marvel wouldn't allow really sexy covers or something?
oh yeah, didn't she say her more risque ones got rejected or something
>>
>>82364464
Pretty sure it was just the once. Remember how everyone suddenly hated her for no reason?

>>82364491
>Imra
>best girl
Mah nigga. I loved when she was leader in Reboot, because she had Ti'Julk as her bitchy little minion.
>>
>>82364505
As a straight male, I'm still unhappy with that. Beefcake covers would be hilarious.

They should have fully committed to the beefcake. They used to be willing to do that. The Swimsuit Specials were as male as they were female.
>>
>>82364629
>>
>>82364629
So this is Nibelungen right? How did Wagner do the dragon fight?
>>
>>82364640
Marvel did reject Wada and Anka's swimsuit issues so yeah no more sexy
>>
>>82364539
I guess she's getting over her anger, then.

>>82364546
The amount the audience boos?
>>
>>82364673
quick, someone post Swimsuit Frank and Swimsuit Quasar
>>
>>82364698
Look at them go. Those rocks are a danger to us all.
>>
>>82363729

I think they're ok but they remind me why I don't really like movies. Just doesn't seem worthwhile because everything ends before anything happens. I don't know, I like the slow build of TV too much I guess.
>>
>>82364673
>tfw marvel rejected Anka and Wada's swimsuit special

A-at least we got a couple of people from it...
>>
>>82364725
>Not Swimsuit Ghost Rider
And I thought I knew you, OP...
>>
>>82364698
Geeze. A lot rocks to the head in this story.
>>
So, Storyteller. Not to nag, but are we doing The Culling tomorrow, or...?
>>
>>82364700
Weeeeeellllll...in typical Wagner fashion he asks for the fucking impossible and expects you to stage it. Lemme see if I can find the stage directions online in English.

The same production is on Youtube here but when I saw it the lighting was not quite the same and the dragon didn't move, so maybe they had technical issues? But you can clearly see at 4:10 that Fafner is a Juggalo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFkpwRd59I
>>
>>82364725
Yeesh. Did someone break Nura's hair machine? She looks like something out of a Van Halen cover band.
>>
>>82364803
I don't have the other issues so I'm putting it off as long as humanly possible

>>82364807
>Er nimmt das silberne Hifthorn und bläst darauf. Im Hintergrunde regt es sich. - Fafner, in der Gestalt eines ungeheuren eidechsenartigen Schlangenwurmes, hat sich in der Höhle von seinem Lager erhoben; er bricht durch das Gesträuch und wälzt sich aus der Tiefe nach der höheren Stelle vor, so dass er mit dem Vorderleibe bereits auf ihr angelangt ist, als er jetzt einen starken, gähnenden Laut ausstösst.)

This is basically "Fafner is a big-ass dragon and comes out of the cave. Make it work somehow!"

>>82364845
shit I didn't know I wanted.jpg
>>
File: 2Punisher.jpg (127 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
2Punisher.jpg
127 KB, 400x550
>>
>>82364872
>>
>>82364845
Honestly, I could see her being a hair metal fan. Just imagine her rocking out the Dare or The Touch.

>>82364872
>I don't have the other issues so I'm putting it off as long as humanly possible
Can't really say I blame you.
>>
>>82364906
>>
>>82364872
Do you want it?
>>
>>82364807
For real I was expecting a lot more fire and smoke obscuring things and a lot less dragon. I did not anticipate a big mechanical worm.

I don't understand what those dudes writhing around on the ground human centipede-style are intended to represent.
>>
>>82364872
>I don't have the other issues so I'm putting it off as long as humanly possible

Remember, there's always still the cartoon tie-in and the Star Trek crossover to use as palette cleansers.
>>
>>82364872
LOSH battle of the bands would be superb and I believe the thread should discuss who would be in what band.

I can just see Brainy in some fucking awful German synth band.
>>
>>82364979
I have Teen Titans already, but no Ravagers, so yes

>>82365004
They were all throughout act 2 and I was really not sure at times either. They helped make a forbidding hedge in act 3 that was visually very effective, and Brünnhilde's Birthday Cake was beautiful in the house

Heavy smoke machine action is a classic tactic for obscuring your dragon puppet, yes
>>
>>82365050
GOODNESS, TINYA

>>82365040
Brainy would be into math rock
>>
>>82365082
>>
>>82365050
I thought maybe they were going to be fire at first and they could have Sigurd fight them, but no. Thank you for sharing with an ignorant soul, anyway.
>>
>>82365050
I can dig up some stuff, which issue are you looking for and how do you want to receive them?
>>
>>82365006
I wish I wasn't such a cheap, lazy bastard, or else I would stream the cartoon, just so we could go uber-completionist on this thing.

>>82365040
>I believe the thread should discuss who would be in what band.
Sorry, not enough of a music nerd to do that.
>>
>>82365163
I can dig it up via the torrents, probably, but thanks
>>
>>82365040
Garth and Imra buck trends and preform together, singing nursery rhymes out of sheer habit.
>>
>>82365208
>>
>>82365082
Tinya, you fucking tease.

>>82365103
"Legends"? Dirk, you were there when they were first formed. Remember? You and the rest of the Legion recruited them to help defeat the Sun-Eater, and they double crossed you and ran off together. Pay attention, dude.
>>
>>82365208
Alright! But if you can't be bothered you can find them by going to bazq95dfrkio on usercloud.[/spoilers]
>>
>>82365257
sparkleman is here

get fucked
>>
>>82365343
>>
>>82365384
>>
>>82365384
SPARKLE OF MURDER
>>
>>82365384
Jan will not let you get lucky with a SECOND rock.
>>
>>82365424
>>
>>82365424
>WHUMP

>>82365434
Anon, what is with you and the rock thing? You ever been hit in the head with a big rock? Hurts, dude.
>>
>>82365452
so it's issue 17 where we get Giffen and things start...well...
>>
>>82365516
>>
File: Almost_Got_Im_Croc.jpg (51 KB, 763x583) Image search: [Google]
Almost_Got_Im_Croc.jpg
51 KB, 763x583
>>82365479
I just like the comedy aspect of it.
>>
>>82365536
wait, isn't that the Sagrada Familia?
>>
>>82365563
>>
>>82364872
Not that my vote matters but I'd like to do the Culling before we finish LoSH v7 just because it feels appropriate to end Retroboot where it actually ended.

Although I can't really argue against putting off the Culling for as long as possible, to be honest.
>>
>>82365452
>Lydda and Tasmia
Yay!
>beak boobhole
.... Really? Really.

>Vi says I'm losing muscle tone.
Yeah, because Giffen isn't drawing you anymore.
>>
>>82365635
It's been a thing for all of Retroboot. It has not gotten less dumb.
>>
>>82365613
that's true

errr, how do you usercloud?
>>
>>82365667
>>
>>82365667
Click on download, close ad tab that pops up
Click on download again and close the ad tab
Click on download for the third time and actually download something. Ad block is recommended.
>>
>>82365690
Yes, apparently it is the Sagrada Familia.
>>
>>82365690
welp

this is just making me think about Chuck Tingle again, now
>>
>>82365753
He's really going for that Hugo!
>>
>>82365667
Anon misposted - it's userscloud, not usercloud
>>
>>82365563
There are so many reasons why the whole witch hunt thing is fucktarded and awful. But chief among them is that if any of those women were actual witches, these backwards morons would've gotten their asses kicked so hard their descendants would feel the bruises.

Seriously, did nobody stop to think that it was a little suspicious that none of the accused used her alleged magic powers to prevent being hanged? Idiots.
>>
>>82365781
Space Raptor Butt Redemption!

So Spencer wasn't lying, was he:

>It's a great environment for him to be absolutely ruthless, because everyone around him is either another prisoner or one of his captors. He can be really cruel here in a way that doesn't contradict a lot of the stuff we had established with the character. This is sort of evil Zemo unleashed, because he's in a place where he can be that.

>Zemo is a character I really love because he's always had a lot of nuance. He's a character that straddled a lot of lines, but in this, the leash is off. There's just his temper, and not much else.
>>
>>82365787
You wanna write the treatise on the perceived limitations of witchcraft in the 17th century? At the very least, God is always supposed to trump Satan when you're invoking powers.
>>
>>82365783
AHA yes that helps
>>
>>82365807
>Zemo is a character I really love because he's always had a lot of nuance. He's a character that straddled a lot of lines, but in this, the leash is off. There's just his temper, and not much else.

you like Zemo's nuance but then you write him one-dimensionally, smdh
>>
>>82365807
>Zemo is a character I really love because he's always had a lot of nuance.
>I am going to take that nuance away.
Yeah IDK. The set-up for Thunderbolts was weak too. But if we get *movie synergy* we'll get keikaku Zemo who doesn't really give a shit about HYDRA back. If not, we'll see what Zub does with him.
>>
>>82365845
ObSF rec: R. A. MacAvoy, Damiano Trilogy
>>
>>82365889
Well yeah, he says that--he loves nuanced Zemo, but this ain't it. Which makes me :( compared to the very first issue, but that's apparently what he intended.

>>82365900
I rarely say this about events, but he needed another issue.
>>
>>82365945
>>
>>82365902
This artist /almost/ makes Retroboot Brainy look attractive, even with the ugly uniform.
>>
>>82365945
Well in the next few months we get Zemo Hydra vs Red Skull Hydra.
>>
>>82365966
>>82365980
I'd kill for his hair
>>
>>82365945
Yeah. You throw in a mommy moment with Karla, have Fixer express some worry when the Baron talks about forcing Kobik back into an inanimate cube, do some shit with Bucky or w/e, have Atlas go along with Kraven to throw Kobik's birthday party (and throw Kraven on the Thunderbolts too). You need some connections for those guys to be her picked squad.

But another issue wouldn't have done anything for Zemo. I don't really buy Spencer's professed love for the character and nuance, because he wrote The Red Skull like Helmut just fine.

>>82366012
I have no hope for that to go the way I'd like with Spencer writing it.
>>
>>82365966
Does Legion Magic run under Vancian Magic rules?

I don't think I've read enough wizarding Legion.
>>
>>82365945
>>82365966
>witch hunt
>the accused actually IS a witch, but she's a good guy
>uses her powers to slap their shit
Well, flight ring in this case, but the principle is the same. I love this.

>no spells prepared
Also good to see that we are consistently sticking to D&D rules for magic.
>>
>>82365902
Witches are my jam, I'll check it out. Always take the chance to add to the book collection I have no room for.
>>
>>82366012
>Zemo Hydra
vomit.jpg

>>82366072
Mysa always did
>>
>>82365945
I think his intent doesn't match what he actually wrote. I didn't get a lot of anger from his Zemo. Seems more like he just wrote him out of character rather than reacting emotionally.
>>
>>82366014
Man, Persuader looks weird without the mask.
>>
>>82366113
Idle hope for future MCU film: Hydra busts Zemo out of prison, and asks him to take up the mantle of his father who we find out was comics Heinrich. Helmut shoots them all and goes rogue, forming the Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts.
>>
>>82366113
that IS a reasonably hot Brainy

>>82366114
his Zemo struck me as so furious he wasn't thinking as straight--or properly twisty--as usual. Leaned really heavy on the self-pity, which is not where I would have gone.
>>
>>82366189
>>
File: what the hell am I casting.jpg (57 KB, 420x547) Image search: [Google]
what the hell am I casting.jpg
57 KB, 420x547
>>82366072
>Does Legion Magic run under Vancian Magic rules?
Yes. And the influence is pretty explicit at that. Legionnaires could even be seen playing a D&D type game during the era Mysa was introduced.
>>
>>82366189
All that THIS IS THE PLAN WE FOLLOW THE PLAN WHY IS THE PLAN NOT WORKING turned me off real bad.

Half the time Zemo's plan is just 'I'mma fuck shit up and I'm sure I can make that work for me somehow'.
>>
>>82366114
There were points of anger- shooting the hostages definitely felt like it was done out of anger. But Zemo's characterization has been in the crapper for years.

Like, I think the closest to in character he's been in ages was when he turned Barney Barton into Trickshot and ended up making Clint rich.
>>
>>82366214
The Legion playing D&D would be such a great fill-in issue.
>>
>>82366211
>>82366229
Right, he's an improv master with contingency rerouting skills
>>
>>82366274
>>82366230
His first Brubaker arc wherein it was "elaborate scheme to troll Bucky but no one really gets hurt" was fine, the later stuff was definitely meh, especially the hitting on Sharon
>>
>>82366260
Any superteam playing D&D would be fun as heck.
But I feel like Tim Drake probably is not someone who used to DM anymore after New52.
>>
>>82366113
Spencer at least acknowledges Thunderbolts/Born Better-era Zemo so maybe this time we won't have Zemo slitting someone's throat and taking a picture to upset Steve.
>>
>>82366331
that was pretty harsh, yes
>>
>>82366380
BROFIVE!

one more?
>>
>>82366274
People have taken issue with his plan in CA:CW but like he often he has options he could have taken if things went differently. We only see the sequence that actually happened. He's not the single fixed plan guy.

It's fucking weird that the movie gave us a more complex and more characterful Zemo than the comic. I'm so used to the opposite, I'm actually hoping for the GotG treatment here.
>>
>>82366395
Sure.
>>
>>82366302
>>82366380
Glorith 3 is a total cutie.
>>
>>82366396
>I'm so used to the opposite, I'm actually hoping for the GotG treatment here.

Bendis takes over and ruins everything?
>>
>>82366325
I assume Brainy is forced to DM, even though that is painful for everyone involved, simply because no-one else wants to DM for him as a player.

I can imagine Mon-El playing a Paladin and getting confused at how vulnerable his character is. And the Legion as a whole being frustrated at how the species they can choose in the game are so much weaker than their native ones.
>>
>>82363920
There is some thing seriously wrong with the second panel.
>>
>>82366433
lemme go make some tea~
>>
>>82366442
OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA
>>
>>82366395
>Next: VALIDUS
OH BOY, MORE TIME FUCKERY!

>>82366442
>Bendis
>anywhere near Thunderbolts
Nah. Don't even joke about that. We can never let him know about Melissa.
>>
Honestly I feel like the Zemo stuff is the regular villain reset, it's just painful because of how much characterization Based Magenta Keikaku Man got in the other direction for so long.
>>
>>82366472
>>
>>82366515
She was on a team with Luke Cage, he must know already.
>>
>>82366539
It seems to have stuck for Magneto, who's been an X-Men ally more or less since Marvel backpedaled hard on Morrison's take one month after he left. We'll see how long Doom lasts.
>>
>>82364422
Yeah, but Retroboot fucked with so many things that I'm not sure what's canon anymore.
>>
>>82366586

Claremont had Mags redemption arc planned out to like Uncanny 300
>>
>>82366539
He's been reset like that ever since Bru; Waid had him buying illegal superweapons in his Hulk run
>>
>>82366556
>Noone notices me, and that's exactly how I like it.
Sorry, Tinya, but calling bullshit on account of the titty-fuck outfit and the frequent flirting. You most certainly enjoy some attention every now and then.
>>
>>82366634
Let us not speak of what Hopeless wrote him as.
>>
>>82366665
>>
>>82366665
Ha. With this Zemo Hydra vs. Skull Hydra set-up (someone wants to play Secret Warriors?) it is kind of weird to think that Helmut and Sin used to bang. Spencer might write that entertainingly.
>>
>>82366466
I'm guessing they just ban Brainy after a few games because if he feels like making everything needlessly complicated and boring he can do it on his own.
>>
>>82366634
>that panel
Okay, Hadru is hot for teacher. He has to be, and I cannot be the only one who sees it.
>>
>>82366629
Yeah, but then Marvel wanted him to be a villain again so when they launched the adjectiveless title they dropped that retcon about how Moria MacTaggart modified his brain when he had been de-aged to make him good, then he went full evil again for Fatal Attractions, slipped into a coma, came back as a good clone, then came back again for real as a full-on villain and stayed that way until Claremont retconned Morrison. This period of reformed Mags is much longer than the first one.
>>
>>82366678
>>82366693
Wait, I don't think he ever banged Sin

there was that very odd woman who he married...
>>
>>82366754

Man X-books got weird in the 90s.

i blame adherence to Lee/Kirby and Byrne for wanting to reset mags.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.