[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lift review embargo and do screenings a month before the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 554b8a4d89081.jpg (51 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
554b8a4d89081.jpg
51 KB, 940x529
>Lift review embargo and do screenings a month before the release.
>The whole airport movie is leaked.
>The whole plot is leaked.
I'm being serious, do you think this will affect the movie box office?
And before you say "lel mad dccuck"i want you to get out and go back to /tv/.
>>
>>82272617
It will flop, not because the movie itself is bad, but because no one is excited for it.
A lot of grandpas think superheroes fighting each other is retarded.
>>
>>82272646
Seriously, how deluded can you be to think this?

It's tracking to get a $200 million opening weekend and it's outselling all previous MCU movies in preordered tickets.
>>
>>82272699
>it's outselling all previous MCU movies in preordered tickets.
*cough**cough*bvs
>>
>>82272617
No? This happens with literally every Marvel film.
They're always released in America last. Hell, Age of Ultron had it's entire plot published in a tie along children's book like a month before the film dropped.
>>
>>82272923
>Hell, Age of Ultron had it's entire plot published in a tie along children's book like a month before the film dropped.
I thought they just did it until the Hulkbuster fight.
>>
>>82272763
Except BvS was killed by the awful word of mouth.
>>
File: whut.jpg (52 KB, 1024x1094) Image search: [Google]
whut.jpg
52 KB, 1024x1094
It will make over $1billion. Easy. Theres no way it can't. Its like fucking top 40 music. It gets shoved down your throat until you swallow.

There is no hope. We will never have capeki...
>>
>>82272646
>[insert MCU movie] is totally going to flop!
Probably my favorite meme.
>>
It'll come down to word of mouth and either way it's performance is going to cause a shitload of butthurt around these parts.
>>
No because most people don't care or actively look fro that kind of shit

>>82272646
>It will flop
Turbo kek
>>
>>82272617
I don't think these are the factors that might affect it more like the bad taste bvs left in most people's mouths

on the other hand it has a lot going for it, word of mouth is seriously hyping it up, new characters are being introduced not to mention it's an ansamble movie so it will draw in extra audience that might not go to a solo cap movie

I don't think it's going to flop, but I don't think it's going to be an overwhelming success either, I expect it to break 1B but I doubt it'll make more than 1.5B

I don't think the general public (a.k.a most of the movie's audience) is going to be affected/turned off by the spoilers, 1st they don't really hang out on co all day and 2nd that didnt stop episode 7 to literally print money

honestly, the spoilers I saw only made me more excited for the movie although it sucks that we'll have yet another weak villain
>>
>>82272646
whoah, thought i was on /tv/ for a second there.

I wont go see this piece of trash, but still, itll be crazy successful
>>
>>82272968
>I thought they just did it until the Hulkbuster fight.
Nope. It was the whole movie.
>>
I need to confess something /co/ and since this is the only civil war thread up I will take the opportunity to do it here.

I dont feel like watching the movie but is because of how awful are the current marvel comics and how much damage the MCU have done to the comics.

It might be because of the decitions that marvel have done in the comics i used to like.
>>
>>82273205
I agree, the whole comic/movie synergy thing is bullshit

although there are several big differences as well, they're mostly sjw pandering (thor, youngspidey, falcap etc)
>>
>>82273180

If it broke 1B it would be the forth biggest Marvel movie. So, I feel like you either don't have a good feel for the numbers you're spouting or something.
>>
Nah. Companymemes aside it's different from Doomsday.
Showing Doomsday (and the Batman Superman "she with you" banter) in trailers meant that you told your audience that the titular conflict would be resolved before the end of the movie.

The airport fight doesn't actually spoil much. You see people punching each other and one of the bad guys gets fucked up. I mean, none of the movie's premise conflict is resolved by any of the scenes we've seen in trailers.
>>
>>82273205
That's why I don't read comics
>>
it's already on pace for a 190 million weekend

by the very nature of that, and no competition, it will break a billion EASILY.

dckeks forget that RDJ has made a billion per movie for marvel 3 times in a row plus the russos delivered with winter solider PLUS spider-man is a crown jewel
>>
>>82273180
>an ansamble movie
dcaujonnjonnztryingtoreadsomeonesmind.mp3
>>
>>82272763
You mean the movie that the studio had to hide from critics until a few days before opening?

The movie that had to go for broke on opening weekend because they knew once it was out it would sink like a rock?

The movie that did, in fact, sink like a rock after blowing its wad in the first weekend?
>>
>>82273205
same. It's really disappointing to have whole arcs that just serve to take up space while reminding you of a movie that might come out. Nothing interesting seems to happen anymore, and this is coming off of an event where people were killing multiverses and beyonders and shit. I don't know, it's just the way they have gwen-captain-america and black 14 yr old spiderman share the same living space as legitimately good seres of the past.

I'm getting real tired of continuity in general. Nothing in a comic has any weight when they take a page away to mention the event where the character's future self is in a relationship with a space-tree or something.

If anything I feel like they need to innovate more series that only take place in the greater 'marvel universe' when absolutely necessary. distancing new characters from this "IT'S ALL CONNECTED" bullshit would help a lot for me, but hell I'm not really the target audience anymore it seems. eh.

/rant
>>
File: 1461697047054.png (838 KB, 2448x1420) Image search: [Google]
1461697047054.png
838 KB, 2448x1420
>>82273333
I meant compared to the other big money makers it's not that much

fucking furrytopia it about to break 1B and it's for furries and kids, I think Disney will want CW to make at least a billion
>>
>And before you say "lel mad dccuck"i want you to get out and go back to /tv/.

Oh shit, are you that autist from last night who jerks off over /tv/?
>>
>>82273419
>one of the bad guys gets fucked up
I meant black guys. I-I swear I'm not racist.
>>
>>82273491
ensemble
sorry
>>
>>82273436
Then you shouldn't be here.
>>
>>82273436
neither does 90% of /co
>>
Jesus, it's worse than I thought.

The mods should put up a sticky with suicide hotline info soon. When CW is a critical and commercial smash success DC fans are going to be jumping out of windows.
>>
>>82273508
>I'm getting real tired of continuity in general. Nothing in a comic has any weight when they take a page away to mention the event where the character's future self is in a relationship with a space-tree or something.

Continuity is God. It's what's special about American capeshit compared to everything else. Good writers make it work.

If you don't like it, read manga or indie shit about sad autists making cupcakes alone in their sad autist apartments.
>>
>>82272617
OP, I don't know what backwards world you come from but lifting the review embargo far ahead of release is a sign of confidence and strength. It's a good sign. It means the creators have a lot of faith in what they've made and aren't afraid let critics see it.

A movie being hidden until just before release is something to worry about. Ask Ebert.
>>
>That Spider-Man commercial
>Reviews in it prasing the movie are from all the major publishers. Forbes, USA Today, Hollywood Reporter, Variety, etc.

>BvS commercial
>Reviews are from tweets. Also one from USA Today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bE8E269qFY

I don't think Marvel is worried about jack shit m8
>>
>>82273508
>>82273269
What I might want are unique stories, for example vision, carnage, Hercules or even new avengers or uncanny avengers, they are taking character to a new level, making take decitions they havent dont before and having experience that arent a cliche.

All the others book in marvel seem to repeat what other books have done, dr strange and spider-man now are some kind of Tony Stark, Iron man is broke, ANAD avengers is taking teens and are broke, nothing new, nothing that interest me.
>>
>>82273180
Lets be honest.

The villain we REALLY want is Thanos.
>>
>>82275181
>you're now aware that in a few weeks this statement won't be irony or shit posting but something people legitimately believe.
>>
>>82275221
The villains we REALLY want are stuck in Fox Hell right now.

Dr. Doom, Galactus, Kang*, Annihilus, Magneto, Apocalypse, etc.

All these awesome characters stuck in Fox's shitty movies.

*Had to look up Kang because he's also a major Avengers villain but apparently Fox owns his rights:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/29/guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-clarifies-who-owns-kang-and-the/
>>
>>82273508
Anon.

The fuck is wrong with you.

Marvel pulled off something we could only DREAM off when were kids. Silver screen adaptations of crossover events. Individual movies that tied to a greater universe. Continuity that could still work, even if you missed a movie or two.

And they pulled it all off.

Are you just upset DC cant get some of that dosh?
>>
>>82275294
Nah. Marvel's movies have never claimed to be "deep and serious" like Snyder tried to make BvS out to be. They've always been fun adventures.

Even a more serious movie like CW isn't going to be held up as Serious Cinema by anyone.
>>
>>82275294
It won't. MCU will never be "kino" because :"kino" is a meme propagated by contrarian faggots. MCU is too popular among normies (and well, everyone) for contrarians to claim it's got any quality whatsoever.
>>
>>82275418
Eh fuck them.

We got the Celestials.

And. Motherfucking. THANOS.

Hell what about Korvac. Does Fox jave Korvac? What about Beyonder?

And they can even use the MC2. Like with Hope.
>>
>>82275507
>>82275517
There's an entire board on this website that revolves around shitpost. It has become a cultural phenomena and has its own political mascot running for president with a real chance at winning.

No I'm sorry. You can't stop memes. The more people that regurgitate it the more people start to actually believe it.
>>
File: 1461769148940.png (237 KB, 323x425) Image search: [Google]
1461769148940.png
237 KB, 323x425
>>82272617
>entire plot based around collateral damage and casualties that barely equal a 747 crash
>both teams agree on an open area to fight in because muh civilians
>stakes are cheapened by the disagreements literally happening around the living room like family talk time
>quips and jokes ruining any sense of drama and suspend disbelief
>everyone is clearly still friends with one another too much to do real damage
>this is literally the Thor/Iron Man scrap in Avengers but with everyone
>Spiderman cursing

May as well have named this Captain America: Playground Fight.
>>
>>82272646
>it will flop

I heard this back when Guardians of the Galaxy was gonna come out. And also AntMan and also Deadpool.
Even the last XMen movie I think.
Now I'm hearing it about Captain America: Civil War.

Take one guess, based on all the previous given information, what the next result will be.
>>
>>82275635
Nobody is saying the meme will die. We're saying the target will remain pretentious Snyder shit that the vast majority has gotten over or sick of.

You just gotta remember that the kinofags are basically Armond White. They'll look at what's popular, declare it shit, and then look at what's heavily criticized, and declare it spectacular art. That's how the game works.
>>
>>82275418
>*Had to look up Kang because he's also a major Avengers villain but apparently Fox owns his rights:
Kang is a Richards, so F4.
>>
>>82275707
It'll be out in force for Black Panther and Captain Marvel just because people want to see those fail.
>>
>>82273525
You forgot the biggest achievement
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=jurassicpark4.htm
>>
>>82275562
>Does Fox jave Korvac? What about Beyonder?

After poking around a little I couldn't find a direct answer, but from what I've read the answer seems to be no. Marvel has those rights.
>>
>>82275784
Yeah, but his first appearance as Kang is in The Avengers, though retroactively he was also Rama-Tut who appeared a year before that.
>>
>>82272617
>The whole airport movie is leaked.
Do you have a link?
>>
>>82272617
Probably a little bit.

But the movie has enough big spectacle that people will still watch it on the cinemas a couple of times.

I don't think it'll make Avengers Money, but it just might cross the 1b mark. The biggest problem will be holding up against Apocalypse, I feel. Better or worse, it'll still take a huge chunk of that weekend.
>>
>>82275839
Then there you go.

Marvel can easily adapt the Korvac saga. Maybe even tease the what if world where Korvac destroyed the Universe.

Beyonder is Secret Wars. That was BIG.

Oh and oh yeah: do they have the Sentry?
>>
>>82272617
No, it wont affect it unless all the movie gets leaked with a quality like the airport leak.

I wouldnt mind to watch the whole movie in that quality.
>>
>>82275915
First appearance doesn't matter in this case. As soon as he was connected to Mr Fantastic as family, he became an F4 piece in the rights.

>>82276015
>Do you have a link?
It's so good.
>>
>>82277104
I want this meme that Winter Solider is good to die.
>>
>>82277182
Better than the other shit that Marvel releases sure. Ant-man and GotG are not even close to TWS quality.
>>
>>82275418
>Implying Marvel wouldn't water down any villains regardless of how they are written in the comics

lol
>>
>>82276458
>Beyonder is Secret Wars. That was BIG.

Secret Wars would be VERY hard to do without the FF and Doom.
>>
Why do people even bother calling it Secret Wars?
They should just call it not so secret wars because the title was just used to lure kids in because they like the word secret
>>
>>82277104
>This is another completely safe, completely harmless

What the fuck does this even mean?

It's a summer superhero blockbuster. Of course it's "safe and harmless". If you want serious attempts at art in film that push boundaries and make people rethink the world, these kinds of movies are not where you're going to find it, and that's fine.

What you want is the Watchmen of superhero movies (and no, not the shitty adaptation of Watchmen). A superhero movie that sets out to be an intelligent work of art with serious implications.

Marvel isn't going to make that kind of movie with its mainstream characters. It's going to make fun adventures. Crying about how it's not something it never intended to be is just stupid.

You know why there are "quips"? Because they're funny and people like them. Dour and serious is what low-brow hacks turn to because it feels "mature", and the result is dreck like BvS.
>>
>>82277734
Do you bleed?
You will.
>>
>>82277682
>Why do people even bother calling it Secret Wars?

Because that's its title?
>>
>>82277104
>Not after the shitty airport scene. Plus it needs to put artistic merit over the needs for profit for it to be capekino. And Marvel will never ever do that. This is another completely safe, completely harmless movie full of quips (yes, yes it is) that seems to be a step down from TWS (the only good mcu movie)
Steve should have died so you could stop posting shit like this. I can't do nothing to change your opinion, but you have to accept that this had more moral ambiguity than TWS with their muh nazis.
>>
>>82277556
Replace Doom with Thanos.

Bam. Secret War

Bonus round: get a one time agreement with Fx. Crossover with Fox Xmen to take on Apocalypse-Thanos tag team with Clestial technology.
>>
File: 4219427_700b.jpg (59 KB, 361x686) Image search: [Google]
4219427_700b.jpg
59 KB, 361x686
>>82277763
Okay.

*snip*
>>
>>82272617
Theres no way it can do badly. It could just be a literal turd on the screen for two and a half hours and it'd still make its money back
Critics would still probably praise it like mad.

Honestly though, Marvel is too big of a cultural thing these days to do anything wrong
>>
File: 1461642423502.gif (500 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1461642423502.gif
500 KB, 500x281
>>82272617
I can only speak for myself, as a comic book fan and a person that downloaded the airport scene (15 min worth).

I watched it 4 times already, start to end, and it makes me want to watch the thing twice in the theaters. And I'm the kind of guy that usually just watches a film once and grabs a bootleg later after Blu Ray release. Total honesty here.

It also really, really, really made me want more ANTS and Spidey. I NEED more ANTS and Spidey, dude, you don't even know.
>>
>>82273525
How much did Civil War cost to make?
>>
File: 1461719580181.jpg (163 KB, 640x794) Image search: [Google]
1461719580181.jpg
163 KB, 640x794
>>82277763
>>82280741
Honestly, MCU T'Challa could probably kick Batfleck's ass.
>>
>>82272646
Bumfuck SEAsia here. Theaters were packed on a Wednesday early afternoon to late night. I don't know if this will keep up though, but I feel like word of mouth and Spidey will entice others to try the movie.
>>
>>82273036
No joke, CW has two parts serious and only one part lighthearted (that's the airport part).

Except for the airport part, the whole movie doesn't really feel like the usual MCU movie.

Watched it yesterday btw
>>
>>82282182
Black Panther is superhuman, not peak human, so yeah.
>>
File: 1461197048083.png (587 KB, 791x608) Image search: [Google]
1461197048083.png
587 KB, 791x608
>>82282182
really anon?
do you really think catman could triumph over the murderman?

murderman would just run him over in his tank or something
>>
>>82273180
>weak villain

Nah you will like Zemo, you'll see. For me he's better than Loki.
>>
>>82273036
>Its like fucking top 40 music. It gets shoved down your throat until you swallow.

But I don't listen to that. Hearing it in public doesn't count since I tune it out.

It's easy as fuck.
>>
>>82272617
The plot of BvS was leaked with the first trailer. People still saw it opening night.
>>
For those who've seen the movie, how cute was Zemo in it? No spoilers, but I already like him frmo watching this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXipE2hraA
>>
>>82282227
Impressive for a workday

The real cachingas will start dropping this weekend
>>
>>82282275
Arkham Knight was simply the best game ever released in that span of time.
>>
>shitty airport scene

Friends, I really wish you could watch the movie now. That airport scene is part of the mid, lighthearted break, of the movie. The rest is not like the airport scene at all.
>>
>>82272617
Not really, the rexes fight in JW got leaked before mass release too, shit likely was the biggest reason people wanted to see it, and it stil made over 1.5 billion.
>>
>>82282309
>you will never poison RDJ with laxatives
>>
>>82282309
Polite, soft-spoken, pragmatic, tragic, bonkers.
>>
>>82275702
There aren't many quips in this one outside of Spidey and Hawkeye. The status quo changed right at the end - Avengers are GONE gone and on the run, Cap and Tony don't resolve their issues with each other, the Accords are still in effect and... Ross might be starting an anti-Enhanced manifesto. It's not Winter Soldier or Iron Man, but the movie was pretty good.

I'm surprised how well they pulled it off considering the source material was shit.

I'd rank it above Assembled, personally.
>>
>>82275505
I never dreamed of civil war. And frankly, nothing can top the fun I had with my toys
>>
>>82272763
>*action*

Kill yourself
>>
>>82272763
BvS died because of horrible word of mouth.
>>
File: I Don't Think You Tried At All.png (11 KB, 402x424) Image search: [Google]
I Don't Think You Tried At All.png
11 KB, 402x424
>>82273539
>>
>>82282915
Tony takes Steve's last message well at least.
>>
>>82275791
>Captain Marvel
>People want to see those fail
>Implying that Marvel won't break 1 billion on Carol from female viewers alone

I like Captain Marvel well enough, but the fact that that'll be their first female lead will easily carry them to xboxhueg profits
>>
I'm really interested in how the Earth phase 3 movies will play now that the Accords are active.
Specially interested in Black Panther because of Bucky, and maybe even Team Cap may appear.
>>
>>82277104
>TWS (the only good mcu movie)
>not Iron Man 1
Spotted the newfag desperately trying to fit in
>>
File: 1443511687745.jpg (19 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1443511687745.jpg
19 KB, 268x265
>>82283204
>>
>>82275418
>Fassbender Magneto
>stuck in Fox Hell
I mean I'm an MCUfag but you'd have to be pants-on-head retarded if you don't think that Fassneto was the best thing to come out of the X-films.
>>
>>82277104
>there are now neckbeards using the word ''capekino'' unironically
This is so sad.
>>
>>82282309
I want to know if Bucky and Falcon get any good scenes together.
>>
>>82282915
Honestly enjoyed more than all them, because I've never seen a movie that having all the ensemble cast, even the new ones has clear motivation and character arc rather than just a quip-machine (well, ant-man and spidey aren't more than just an addition, but they definitely stole the show) since The Incredibles. The scale was bigger but definitely felt more personal.
>>
>>82282915

This.

Also:

>both teams agree on an open area

They didn't agree on anything, Tony went there to stop them, and they just happened to be there.

>quips and jokes ruining any sense of drama and suspend disbelief

They don't do it that often, just the established smart-ass characters. The airport scene is really the only fight in which they do it, because honestly is the only one in which they're more like pushing and shoving each other around than actually fighting to the death. The other action scenes and fights are pretty serious and devoid of jokes.

>entire plot based around collateral damage and casualties that barely equal a 747 crash

That's the stupidest argument. The movie wouldn't make any sense if the collateral damage were any higher. It'd be a no-brainer to sign the treaty if the deaths were in the fucking hundreds. Cap would never oppose something like a government Accord if their actions had resulted in 9/11 levels of damage.

It was never about the collateral damage, it was about controlling super-humans.
>>
FOURTY SEVENTH FRESH REVIEWS!
>>
>>82283527

Yeah, the trailers had be expecting a toned down Avengers film, but it was actually a pumped up Winter Soldier.

It kept the espionage thriller tones and atmosphere, with bigger actions scenes, bigger cast and an overall bigger scale to things.

I left the theater really surprised at how well the Russos paced everything, I honestly, as good as Winter Soldier was, didn't believe they could pull it off. I thought they were cramming way too much shit into a single movie for it to come out good, but it actually surprised me.

I mean, shit, we get T'challa's origins, background and motivations, on top of seeing him in action multiple times and it never detracts from the main plot, or hinders the movie in any way, it only adds to it.

I don't think it's better (or worse) than Winter Soldier, I think it was a perfect sequel that consistently maintained what WS brought to the table without dropping the ball.
>>
>>82284035
And the one Rotten is clickbaiting.
When are we going to get a true rotten review?
>>
>>82284184
Funny that, the rotten review actually praised the film a lot more than tearing it up despite claiming they were "let down". I recall that the author admitted to saying they gave a rotten score for clickbait's sake but did that end up being true or was that just made up?
>>
>>82284035
>someone give a C score
>it's not rotten
How does this shit work exactly?
>>
File: 1460833749686.png (48 KB, 814x742) Image search: [Google]
1460833749686.png
48 KB, 814x742
>>82284238
Apparently true.
>>
>>82284324
What the good actual fuck.
This guy has deluded himself to believe that giving dishonest reviews is his best option and that it's justified. Fandango needs to see this shit. These clickbaiters are part of the reason that RT is lambasted so often (yes, and the fact that aggregating reviews is very squishy, not a science, but the same can be said of putting a number to a single review).

Seriously, fuck this Buzzfeed Upworthy Elite Daily piece of smegma. I hope his blog tanks.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>82284324
Can't that shit get reported for fraud and taken down?
>>
>>82284405
I'm trying to find the source of that pic. Any help?

I'm going to report this fucker daily until he's banned from RT aggregation.
>>
>>82282257
I think its their most serious yet.
Way more than I expect these movies to be.
The whole 'flashback' thing felt too heartbreaking, and the 'security' tape thing felt too brutal.

Man, I want to hug my parents and friends right now.
>>
>>82284421
Looks like imdb forum. Shit is a mess so good luck.
>>
>>82273525
You shouldn't look at the worldwide box office because the studio only earns <15% of those. Domestic box office is what matters wi block busters
>>
>>82284020
>They didn't agree on anything, Tony went there to stop them, and they just happened to be there.
As I recall, after Steve's team had assembled in the parking lot, there was an announcement that they could hear about the airports being evacuated. I assume that was done so that Steve and his group just couldn't blend in with the crowd, get on a plane, and fly out of the country as well as to make sure that, if they pressed on and went there anyway, Tony's group could fight back against them without worrying about causing any casualties.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEsbcNCHLJJ/

Second credits scene ^^
>>
>>82284531

Yeah, exactly. How is that in any way an agreement on both parties to fight?
>>
It took me wayyyyyy too long but I found it in the bowels of IMDB (what a terribly designed site).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/board/nest/256113273?p=1

Have at it, anons. Let slip the dogs of Marvel's Captain America: Civil war.
>>
>>82284638
I'm just clarifying, anon.
>>
File: spider signal.jpg (224 KB, 1365x765) Image search: [Google]
spider signal.jpg
224 KB, 1365x765
>>82284546
They're gonna do it!! THE ABSOLUTE MAD MEN
>>
>>82284546
Are we going to have this "X will return" shit in all their movies now?
>>
>>82284726
If by Mad Men you mean Don Draper-tier marketing bros who are too big to fail.

GIMME THAT MAN-THING MOVIE NOW. GIMME THAT OFFICIAL CANON MCU SQUIRREL GIRL PORNO NOW.
GIMME THAT WANDAXPIETRO TWINCEST NOW.
>>
>>82284779

Hey, it works for James Bond.
>>
>>82284779
It's been that way for years, anon, sorry to break it to you. I wanna say the first Thor is the first time I remember seeing it.
>>
>>82284546
Is there one of the first credits scene? From what I heard I don't know if I can handle it.
>>
>>82284848
Haven't seen one yet. I wanna save those feels for the theater though. It's gonna wreck me.
>>
>>82284668

Oh, alright then.
>>
How much screentime does Bucky get overall, and how much of it is spent doing stuff instead of being the resident Macguffin Boy damsel.
>>
>Hank Pym warned me to never trust a Stark!
>Who are you again?
>>
>>82284546
Good God, I never thought I'm getting hard to Aunt May
>>
>>82285049
KEK BTFO
>>
>>82285031
He gets a lot of screentime and several cool action scenes and emotional moments, even in the scenes where he's a "boy damsel"
>>
File: Kakyoin fantasizing.png (916 KB, 1280x717) Image search: [Google]
Kakyoin fantasizing.png
916 KB, 1280x717
>>82285050
Embrace the MIILF
>>
>>82283373
They do
>After Steve and Sharon share their in-universe awkward kiss, Sam and Bucky are sitting in the car smirking
>Bucky and Sam fight against Spider-Man together, at one point they all get webbed up, but then Falcon directs Redwing and manages to push him out of the airport terminal. While still tied up, Bucky asks "Why didn't you do that before?", to which Sam replies "I hate you"
>>
>>82285173
That's good. He didn't get to do that much good stuff during the airport scene.
>>
>>82283373
They have some good stuff together, like both of them grinning like adorable idiots after Steve and Sharon kiss. They also tag team Spidey.
>>
>Sharon Carter does almost nothing and only gets one action scene where the Winter Soldier kicks her ass
>Shows up in a bunch of posters

>Wanda has a huge role, her own character arc and several action scenes
>Barely shows up in promotional material

I don't understand
>>
Wait, so the whole Martha thing is being ridiculed around but the final fight in Civil Fucking War being around Bucky killing Tony's parents under mind control is approved? The fuck?
>>
>>82285711
The situations are completely different and you know it. Most people would have probably reacted the same way if they were in Tony's shoes.
>>
>>82285727
>Most people would have probably reacted the same way if they were in Tony's shoes.

I agree.
But still, this is Civil War we're talking about. Reducing it to a personal matter and not even killing Cap at the end fucks the only good things that could be found in the comics, IMHO.
>>
>>82285757
Making it a personal matter makes the fight between Steve and Tony that much more personal and brutal.
>>
>>82285659
They keep trying to make Sharon relevant and have hype and fans that care about her and her yawnfest romance with Steve. I honestly feel sorry for the actress. Sharon Carter should have had a larger role in Cap2 to establish her better, but how in the hell can they expect people to care about a literal who background character now when Spidey and Black Panther and Giant Man steal the show? It was way too little too late.
>>
>>82285803
>It was way too little too late.
Amusingly, when they kiss they literally say that it came "too late"
>>
>>82273525

How the fuck does Nolan waste so much money?
>>
>>82285796

Different strokes, I guess.
What I liked about the comic arc was that the conflict was not personal, but rather a political and ideological war putting friendships tot he test only as a side effect.
Frankly, I'm finding the Martha twist much more interesting, since it brings back Bruce out of his paranoia and back to human mercy.
>>
File: Just make out already.jpg (290 KB, 620x917) Image search: [Google]
Just make out already.jpg
290 KB, 620x917
>>82285876
Yeah, different strokes
>>
>>82272617
All my friends that went to see it, gave it 10/10.
It's going to pass 1.5B easily.
>>
>>82285835
The interviews all suggest that they're not even sure how far they're going to explore this romance, and a lot of things Chris Evans has said on the press tour sorta hint that he's not even into it. When he outright called it icky and EVC told him to get over it was a little awkward. It just sucks for the character that her popularity and future in the films is now tied to a pairing that most of the audience vocally dislikes and she seems to be the only one in the cast supportive of it.
>>
>>82285983

When they kissed, the guy sitting next to said something like:

>"isn't she like Peggy's niece? Caps going full Woody Allen here"
>>
Saw it today. Personally I think it wasn't as good as TWS. All the action is amazing.

I know it's been done to death but feel free to ask questions if you want

>>82282309
Really cute. Comments on Cap's eyes and how beautiful Tchalla is Tries to commit sudoku ;_;

>>82283373
Adding onto to other anons have said: Bucky and Sam are sitting in a car together and Bucky asks if Sam can move his seat forward. Sam refuses and Bucky grumply shifts over
>>
I wonder if the Raft will be used in Agents of SHIELD.
>>
>>82286060
It helps that they don't look too much alike, but it really does feel that he's projecting his loss and feelings for Peggy onto Sharon by the way they transition it from Peggy's death to him finding out she's related to them kissing.

M&M tried to backtrack by saying it wasn't incest and that the Peggy and Steve thing wasn't more than a kiss to make the dating her niece thing not so bad, but considering Cap2 and AoU and the Agent Carter series all played up the significance of Steve and Peggy's feelings for each other and that it's one of the fan favorites in the MCU, it just seems to be poorly played out.
>>
>>82286143
It should have been called The Bendis.
>>
>>82286143
What use is that place? The Avengers kill all of their villains.
>>
>>82286275
The Abomination should be in there somewhere. Wish he'd gotten a cameo or a mention.
>>
>>82277182
I want this meme that people having differing opinions than someone must be memeing to die.
>>
>>82286275
>>82286287
There was also their implied battles against other "enhanced" humans at the beginning of AoU.
>>
>>82286275
>>82286302
What if Whirlwind is the villain of Ant-Man and Wasp, a superhuman that fought Pym and Janet, and has been locked up for decades, and he escapes from the Raft in the opening sequence?
>>
I'm so bored with Marvel Studios and their cookie cutter formula that I actually want one of their big pictures flop badly, just to get them to do something differently.
>>
This movie works really well as

Iron Man 4, Avengers 3 or Captain America 3 at the same time.

Also as Black Panther 1 and Spider-Man 1
>>
>>82273419
>Showing Doomsday (and the Batman Superman "she with you" banter) in trailers meant that you told your audience that the titular conflict would be resolved before the end of the movie.

You would have to be fucking retarded to think they wouldn't kiss and make up and fight some kind of a mutual threat together in the end.
>>
>>82286413
Sure, but showing the WHY it gets resolved takes a lot of the tension out of it.
>>
>>82273419
>there are actually retards who think in Batman v Superman they would fight and stay as enemies throughout the whole movie.
>>
>>82272617
It will hit a billion maybe around 1.2-1.4 billion.
>>
>>82286397
Having seen the movie, I can tell you it doesn't follow a "cookie cutter formula".
And I guarantee you it won't flop. You're gonna have to wait for Captain Marvel for something with even the most remote chances of flopping.
>>
>>82286409
I found it amazing how well they can kept up the pace throughout the movie with multiple character's arc without felt dragging. The last movie I remembered doing this as well is The Incredibles
>>
>>82286476
Since Captain Marvel comes out right between part 1 and 2 of Infinity War, I doubt it will flop. It will probably tie-in to the whole Thanos conflict and there's rumors that other Avengers will also be in her movie.
>>
>>82286476
It's pretty cookie cutter
>>
>>82275418
>Kang

WE
>>
File: Time travel in a nutshell.png (992 KB, 1106x530) Image search: [Google]
Time travel in a nutshell.png
992 KB, 1106x530
>>82286527
Kang actually WAS king of Egypt
>>
>>82285983
>EVC told him to get over it was a little awkward.
Source?
>>
>>82286511
explain pls
>>
>>82272646
>This Marvel movie is going to flop, said the increasingly nervous DCuck for the fourth time
>>
File: alittleicky.gif (2 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
alittleicky.gif
2 MB, 245x250
>>82286577
It was the UK press interview with the majority of the cast.
>>
>>82286569
>Kang
>King of Egypt
Holy fucking shit Kirby and Lee is based now and was WE WUZ postan before the internet existed
>>
>>82286606
No major message
Zemo tries to take the Avengers down from the inside, just like Loki and Ultron
Script was very clean cut and simple. Everything was said with no subtlety at all
No significant twists
>>
>>82286577
>>82286617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqfAL9oCCyc

It's at 6:42. Evans said in a recent interview that he thinks Black Widow would be a good romance option for Cap, so I'm guessing that he's not really a big fan looking at his response in the video.
>>
>>82286663
>No significant twists
Really? Bucky killed Tony's parents is a pretty significant twist. As well as Zemo's motivations and goals.
>>
>>82286773
we already knew both those things
>>
>>82286773
I thought we already knew that first one?
>>
>>82286786
No, we knew that Hydra killed Tony's parents, we didn't know that Bucky did it. Even Steve says that he knew about the Hydra thing but not that it was Bucky.
>>
>>82272617
>Americans thinking they are the center of the world
kek, like always

Vive la France !!!
>>
>>82286663
Well, you know, Zemo avoided the mistake Loki and Ultron did of creating a common threat that forced the Avengers to ASSEMBLE together as one, forgetting all differences between them, to go save the world. Actually went out of his way to get rid of the threat for them, even.
>>
>>82286663
>No major message
does every movie need like it though?

>Zemo tries to take the Avengers down from the inside, just like Loki and Ultron
Zemo's plan was much more subtle and destroyed them psychologically, other villain just went full mind control

>Script was very clean cut and simple. Everything was said with no subtlety at all
why does everything need to be subtle?

>No significant twists
Bucky killed Tony's parents is pretty significant twist for both of our main characters and destroyed their relationship
this movie's premise was simple, but the twist and turn that happened throughout the movie made it interesting

honestly, that doesn't bother me at all, I was more interested with the execution of the whole thing.
>>
>>82286809
I think that only like 15 minutes are actually spent in America. Most of the movie takes place in Europe and Africa.
>>
>>82286798
Zola's reveal implies that Bucky did it.
>>
>>82286752
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DGT9ryF7Q

The Black Widow thing.

I agree that their chemistry was really good in Winter Soldier and I wouldn't have minded if they made it romantic in the future, the build-up is there. At the same time they have a really good friendship and it's refreshing to see these kind of male-female comaraderies.
>>
>>82286824
It's still a subtle enough blink and you miss it moment that most of the audience didn't really catch.
>>
>>82272617
You do realize that most of the audience doesn't go out of their way to look for spoilers, right?
They just know what they saw in trailers.
>>
>>82286773
>>82286817
>Bucky twist
I thought it was implied by Zola in TWS

>>82286773
>As well as Zemo's motivations and goals.
>m-muh dead family!

>>82286814
Yeah I definitely appreciated his approach to pitting them against each other but it was nothing surprisingly fresh or new

>>82286817
>does every movie need like it though?
It makes a movie stronger. Yeah, it can still be a fun action popcorn flick. But why not both? Make a good movie even better.

>Zemo's plan was much more subtle and destroyed them psychologically, other villain just went full mind control
Still nothing really fresh or new

>why does everything need to be subtle?
Complex and though provoking is better than simple and clean

>Bucky killed Tony's parents is pretty significant twist for both of our main characters and destroyed their relationship
Implied in TWS
>>
This'll break 1bn easy peasy.
>>
>>82286948
>easy peasy
get out of here kamala klone
>>
Why did Zemo go through all the effort to find the other Winter Soldiers?
>>
>>82286914
it's practically new for MCU's context
>>
>>82287029
I dunno... was that video file all he really wanted?

Also how lucky was he that there was a camera recording that whole event?
>>
>>82287029
>>82287055

He only ever wanted concrete proof of Tony's parents' death. Though the extra winter soldiers also acted as the perfect bait to draw people where he wanted them.
>>
>>82284519
Holy fuck, then it means WB has only made around 271 million dollars if you combine domestic + worldwide gross. That's 21mn more than production budget. BvS is a huge fucking flop.
>>
>>82287226
You can't go entierly on the 15% thing. WB. Fox and Disney for example are able to make better deals with a lot of countries so they get a higher percentage of the profits.

The general rule of thumb is that if a movie has grossed twice its production budget GLOBALLY, then it breaks even, after that, it's profitable.

Take BvS just as an example, it has a stated production budget of 250 million dollars. It has made 854 millions globally. It needed to make at least 500 millions globally to break even according to that rule. So then WB has probably made around 354 million in profits.

It's probably waaay less then they hoped for but I wouldn't really call it a flop. Going by the same rule, the marvel films have been far more profitable however.
>>
>>82287348
Production budget doesn't include marketing though, so I'd say add another 150 mil to that.
>>
>>82287348
>>82287363

It also doesn't take into account that theaters make about 50% of ticket sales and studios only get the other half
>>
So pretty safe to say, the next Avengers movie is in good hands.
>>
>>82287393
I read somewhere that it's a bit tricky with theaters, studios get like 80% of the earnings in the first week and then gradually the theaters get more and more.
>>
>>82284149
>and it never detracts from the main plot
This actually surprised me. The new characters just mesh together with the plot. I really expected the movie to be a mess but it turned out okay.
>>
>>82287396
Much better than Whedon's at least
>>
It must be so frustrating for Bendis to see the Scarlet Witch, Vision and Ant-Man in such prominent roles after all the effort he put into ruining them.
>>
>>82287396
Yeah, the writers really know how to juggle a huge cast and give everyone at least one good moment. On paper this movie sounds like it could turn into a huge hot mess (lots of plots, characters etc), but somehow they made it work.

I don't want to imagine how Infinity War would turn out with Whedon at the helm. The movies could still turn into a fuckhuge mess of plotlines and characters, but I definitely have more faith in the Russos and Markus&McFeely to pull it off.
>>
>>82285049
Even though Ant-Man was talked down in this scene, I still love that he said such a thing.
>>
>>82287348
No around 20-50 million is much more accurate than 354 million. You're literally disregarding that theatres take a bigger cut each weekend into running and you're disregarding advertising costs.

That WB hasn't fired snyder yet just blows my mind
>>
>>82277734
100% agreement. All these dipshits bitching about how a mainstream movie is "fun" need to actually watch an art film. They may find out it's nothing like BvS at all and that BvS is, in the end, the same "safe" commercial crap they're ranting the MCU is.
>>
>>82286663
The difference is that Zemo succeeded and Loki and Ultron failed.
>>
>>82287456
Jesus. Is there a bigger flop in the past two decades?
>>
Friendly reminder that people even care about CW because of Spider-Man.

>>82287456
>>82287529
>900m
>a flop
Your brand loyalty is showing.
>>
>>82286914
>Still nothing really fresh or new
None of the MCU villains did it.
>No major message
Wasn't the whole theme of the movie revenge?
>>
>>82287577
>dckek
See? Brand loyalty.
>Read the above posts
Sorry, but I don't trust what an anon wth a beef against DC says.
>>
>A big guy crashes onto a plane
>>
>>82272617
No, but I kinda understand the reason Perlmutter and JQ for not want to do Civil War, right now. Ironmanlet popularity will went to shit with this film and AoU, they portray him as a total cunt and a straight up shit in both film, lol.
>>
>>82287676
>they portray him as a total cunt and a straight up shit in both film, lol.
I disagree. During most of the movie he's portrayed as a reasonable man haunted by his actions that believes he's doing what's necessary.
And at the final battle, his reasons for fighting Steve are completely understandable and sympathetic.
He came out much better here than in the comic.
>>
>>82287593
>Wasn't the whole theme of the movie revenge?
This. BP says it. "You let vengeance consume you too much. I let vengeance consume me." Or something.
>>
>>82287698
>completely understandable and sympathetic.
Yes, but he's totally in the wrong side as well, there's no excuse for that.
>>
>>82287655
>underperformed
Like CW minus Spider-Man?
>>
>the whole plot is leaked
Are americans really so self centred? The movie is fucking out, it's not a leak
>>
>>82284238
>>82284324
>>82284376
>>82284405
>>82284421
Why didn't you do anything when BvS got rotten reviews?
>>
>>82287891
>Are americans really so self centred?
100% so
>>
>>82287957
Too many to work against. Literally negative reviews upon negative reviews poured in when the embargo lifted. It's too much to handle for one or two anons.
>>
>>82287676
He's been shit since IM2.
>>
>>82287785
I think we should keep your comment achieved for the rest of time, so when Civil War out grosses and receives more critical praise than Batman V Superman which you seem to be praising we can bring it out to remember just how silly your comment is.
>>
Kneel before the Mouse.

Could this break 2 billion? Or will one or both of the Infinity Wars do that?
>>
>>82272617
Do you seriously believe anyone who was remotely interested in watching this movie would not go see it because he saw a couple minutes of leaked footage of it?

Not to mention that leaked footage was fucking amazing, so it probably has the opposite effect and makes people even more hyped to go see it on the big screen.
>>
>>82284421
Search the Civil War threads on IMDB and its called 'I wrote the rotten review, and would like to address people's complaints' - the image is from page 16 of that i believe...
>>
>>82288015
I doubt it'll break 2 billion, most likely it'll finish between Iron Man 3 and Age Of Ultron levels.
>>
Had they released it in the Us today instead of a week from now, we wouldn't Benin this issue
>>
>>82287891
It's a CAPTAIN AMERICA movie
>>
>>82288083
Yes. And it's fucking out over here. The plot isn't leaked if the movie has released, you moron
>>
File: 1391702462860.jpg (24 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1391702462860.jpg
24 KB, 413x395
>>82287995
Buttdevastation, I tell you.

>>82288046
>Iron Man 3 and Age Of Ultron levels
Oh, boy. I sense an Ultimatum movie coming.
>>
>>82288036
>someone publishes a negative review
>has to apologize for disliking something
Sequart was right after all.
>>
>>82287396
I'm still not convinced on some stuff, but we'll see.
>>
>yfw the music fits
http://youtu.be/T5hnoBQzDQI
>>
>>82288205
It's kind of different here. He outright says that he did it for clickbait reasons. If I remember correctly, his review didn't even sound that bad, just that he deliberately made it rotten to get attention.

I'm not that anon complaining, nor am I mad at the reviewer. He had to do what he thought he had to do to keep afloat.
>>
>>82287722
Not really. Whike Cap makes a few good points about them, here's nothing extremely excessive about the Accords compared to the comics registration, considering the people they're designed to monitor and hold accountable. Even the Raft, while...exotic for a prison, isn't entirely unreasonable.
>>
>>82272617
It's going to outgross IM3 and take its place on the records list

Screen cap this
>>
>>82275562
>We got the Celestials.
How would you even animate those?
>>
>>82288335
CIVIRU WOR
>>
>>82288402
What kind of question is that? Special effects these days are very advanced
>>
>>82288205
>As I write this, there are scores of critics, schooled in storytelling, who are swallowing what they know to be true, burying their criticisms in parentheticals and sentences that appear to be modifying generally positive reviews, simply because these critics are also intelligent enough to recognize that our culture is awash in a sea of stupid, in which the grossest of infractions of basic narrative logic are routinely forgiven because computer-animated anthropomorphic raccoons flying out of explosions look cool. No one, least of all an intellectual, wants to be seen as a party-pooper – or as an elitist, lecturing others on the basic rules of how stories work, while people obviously seem to be enjoying these “stories.” So in order to fit in and not rock the fanboy boat, we grade these movies on a heavy curve, praising a little humor or use of 1970s songs as if that’s oh-so-different. And so you’ll read about how “brave” it was to mount a summer blockbuster starring D-list characters in outer space, as if this “offbeat” story wasn’t sanitized and pasteurized in every way imaginable – and as if Marvel Studios wasn’t created based on the success of B-list and C-list characters who Hollywood considered unworthy of licensing.
>It’s one thing for America or even the world to shut off its collective mind. It’s another when this anti-intellectualism and hostility to our own history of fine storytelling becomes so dominant that it infects critics too. (...)
>An awful lot of this movie would get laughed out of an introductory writing class. But that’s normal now.
>>
>government proves it can't even stop a completely different man from walking in to their facility, pretending to be someone else who looks completely different from them, and actually interview their most high profile prisoner
>hurr we need their oversight
>>
>>82288402
...the way they did in GotG?
>>
>>82288389
>Cap and several of the Avengers retire
>Wanda put on house arrest
>not excessive
>>
>>82272923
>They're always released in America last
I still don't understand why this keeps happening
>>
>>82288610
Maybe they no longer consider this market as profitable as it used to?
>>
>>82288645

But how does that effect profits when shitty 3rd world nations get it first. Not just the EU, places in South America have it.
>>
>>82287698
>>82287722
Steve was ultimately the bigger hypocrite.

He was all, oh, the UN has an agenda. We can regulate OURSELVES. Shield, the WCU, whatever, they all keep secrets. We shouldn't have secrets. You're a backstabbing liar, Tony! You're a traitor to the team!

And then:

"Oh...Tony. Yeah, I didn't know that Bucky was...you know...he was brainwashed at the time...but I didn't know he killed your...I...yeah...he did and I did know. But I only kept it a secret so I could protect y-!

I mean, for fuck's sake, Steve. That was despicable. A man watched his parents get violently murdered and your first instinct isn't to comfort him but make excuses? FUCK YOU!
>>
>>82288714
So USA know if they must like or dislike the movie, duh.
>>
File: 20000 keks under the sea.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
20000 keks under the sea.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>82272646
>It will flop
>>
Anyone else get triggered by Peggy and Sharon getting Cap's "No, you move" speech?
>>
>>82288494
What is South Africa?
An ex-HYDRA agent to boot.
>>
>>82288718
He was, but after the events of Winter Soldier, you can understand why he acted the way he did.

It's a movie called Captain America, and he acted how Steve Rogers would have. Not saying it was good, but it was in character
>>
>>82288718
Eh, Cap kept a secret about shit that happened in the past that he (correctly) guessed Tony would overreact to

Tony kept secrets about shit he was doing in the present that he (correctly) guessed everyone would have a problem with and try to stop him from doing
>>
File: 1461323884874.jpg (573 KB, 1200x1599) Image search: [Google]
1461323884874.jpg
573 KB, 1200x1599
Just got back from watching it, The Movie was fucking great.

All the side characters stole the show for me, especially Ant-man, Black Panther and Vision. Their scenes were amazing.

Watching Vision trying to cook and be awkward around Wanda was a big highlight.

Also,Does Black Panther have any other special powers? There were a couple scenes to me that seemed like he had a special power.

The movie doesn't pull any punches when it came to the action, The final fight scene was great. Better than Winter Soldier and much better than the trite that was BvS and its godawful final fight scene.
>>
>>82288953
It was the only place where it would fit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.