[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: civil-war-poster-3.jpg (685 KB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-poster-3.jpg
685 KB, 1280x1896
Just watched the movie. Asianbro here. Ask me anything.
Definitely the most emotional Marvel movie
>>
>>82265822
Why can't Vision aim for shit?
>>
>>82265822
I heard some people say:
1) quips were still excessive
2) fight scenes aren't really impressive
3) it plays too safe
4) Spidey sucks
Is it true?
>>
>>82265822
Can I expect to cry?
>>
>>82265900
Nah.
>>
>>82265877
1. Yeah. There were a lot of quips but it was mostly from Spidey
2. Disagree. The airport scene and the final scene were spectacular. Definitely had more weight to them.
3. Depends on how you'd define safe. Ultimately, there were widespread ramifications and the ending directly leads to the future Black Panther/Spidey films.
4. SPIDEY WAS THE SHIT!

OHHH AND SCOTT WAS MVP.
>>
Two post credit scenes. One showing Bucky being out in deep freeze sleep with Steve watching over him. T'Challa approaches him and it is revealed that Steve and co are hiding in Wakanda. Second scene shows Peter with an upgraded web-shooter that functions also as a Spider signal like in the comics.
>>
>>82265822
Did you watch with Asian dubs, if so, what kind of voice actor did they get for Spidey? Was it as nerdy as the original?
>>
>>82266231
Nah.. It was in English, man. My country's main language is English. But seriously though, wasn't expecting Tom Holland's voice to be that high. Aside from that, I'm confident he'd make an excellent Spidey for future films. Aunt May was fucking hot.
>>
>>82265975
How is the pacing?
>>
>>82265822
I heard that spiderboy was like 12 years old. What did you think of him?
>>
rank the cast in terms of who got the best material and who got the worst
>>
Was the audience audibly impressed at times? If you can get that effect in Singapore it's a good sign.
>>
>>82266340
Tony
T'Challa
Steve
ClintHis verbal throwdown with Tony in the Raft was amazing
Wanda/Vision
Peter/Sam/Nat
Rhodey
Bucky (He was literally just there)
>>
>>82266470

>Bucky (He was literally just there)
kek so he jobbed after all?
>>
>>82266470
Oh crap. Forgot about Scott and Zemo. I'd place Zemo below Steve and above Clint. Scott goes in the same rank as Wanda and Vision.
>>
>>82266504
He was against T'Challa who was Cap-tier even without the suit, and Spider-man

Though he still held his own
>>
>>82266310
Pretty good actually. The film definitely made use of its time to develop all the characters. Didn't expect T'Challa and Zemo to get the development they got. Based Russos gave all the characters their time to shine, be it in the fight scenes or dialogues.
>>
>>82266544

Yeah true, it's to be expected. I was already imagining T'Challa getting the better of him, at least.
>>
>>82265822
who was right?
>>
>>82266504
Definitely didn't job. But in terms of character development, Bucky served more as a plot device than anything.
>>
>>82265822
spoil me the ending, I just wanna know what the fuck happens.
>>
>>82266332
Definitely the highest pitched Spider-Man in any medium (including the cartoons). However, considering how the actor is still a teen and how this was the most accurate teenage version of Peter I've ever seen, Tom Holland gets a pass.
>>
>>82265822
I keep hearing that nobody dies, not even Cap. Is that true?
>>
>>82266657
Zemo plans to destroy the Avengers from within. Tony finds out that Zemo was behind the attacks and was just using Bucky as a scapegoat during the last part of the second act.
The beginning of the third act in the bunker actually has Tony and Steve forming a truce. Supposedly, they were drawn to the bunker under the impression that it was to stop more Winter Soldiers from activating. Turns out, it was just a ruse by Zemo to reveal that Bucky was the one who killed Tony's parents.
Tony goes full out beserk and they fight. Eventually, he blasts Bucky's arm off and Steve smashes his shield onto the arc reactor. Fight ends in a draw with Steve abandoning his shield.
Movie ends with Tony, Vision and Rhodey in the Avengers compound. A letter from Steve arrives basically apologising for the events of the movie and saying that he will be there for Tony no matter what.
Movie ends with Steve sans costume rescuing his faction from the Raft.
Pretty bittersweet.
>>
>>82266799
Yes. Not even Zemo
>>
The good thing is, Zemo isn't die. So, there is opening for further development for this villain for Thunderbolts/Master of Evils somewhere in the future.
Also, nobody died, except Crossbone and Peggy Carter - which acceptable because she is basically bedridden and in borrowing time the last time Steve met her a few years ago.
>>
>>82266799
Crossbones and T'Chaka die.
>>
>>82266932
Although Rhodes is in crippled state, and Stark obviously emotional about it... but i'm they can fix him in the future. With all the tech and future magic (Dr. Strange) they have.
>>
>>82266882
>A letter from Steve arrives basically apologising for the events of the movie and saying that he will be there for Tony no matter what.

So it's just going to be business as usual after this? That seems odd
>>
>>82266947
Well, if you count in Crossbone and Peggy Carter.
At least nobody riding on cheapening dead scene... which only gonna be redacted in the next 10 minutes.
But one member has to pay with his body.
>>
File: Ant-Man-7.jpg (146 KB, 1393x770) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man-7.jpg
146 KB, 1393x770
>>82265975
>OHHH AND SCOTT WAS MVP.
>>82266470
>>82266528
>Scott goes in the same rank as Wanda and Vision.

Based Scott Based Rudd!!! MVP hell yeah!!

Any mention on Hank and his whereabouts?
>>
Asianbro or anyone...is quicksilver in this movie? or is he really dead? Do they mention him?
>>
What happened to Pepper?
>>
>>82265822
any eastereggs or anything that can tell us a little about the upcoming movies? Besides the post-credist scene.
>>
>>82266158
>Spider signal isn't in his belt.
Yo, fuck you, Marvel. One job, ONE JOB.
>>
>>82266920
No Cap death? Well, they royally fucked up.
>>
>>82267030
Strained relationship.
>>
Some notes:

Clint is definitely given more material to work with in this movie.
Zemo is a Sokovian whose family was killed during the events of Age of Ultron.His motivation is basically revenge.
He is portrayed as sympathetic towards the end and even has a heart to heart talk with T'Challa where he apologises for causing T'Chaka's death.
He then tries to kill himself but T'Challa stops him.
Vision x Wanda scenes were good
Pym was name-dropped by Scott towards Stark. Something about how Hank was right to never trust a Stark.
>>
>>82267012
Scott literally says that Pym told him to never trust a Stark.
>>
>>82265822
Watched this yesterday afternoon as well. SEAsia. Man, theater was fucking packed on a Wednesday afternoon.
>>
File: 1453328714312.gif (2 MB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
1453328714312.gif
2 MB, 300x243
>>82266158
>web shooter
>also a spider signal
>>
>>82267013
Nope.
>>82266997
Not really. The Avengers are now split into the two factions. And based on my observations, I doubt Tony has forgiven Bucky and in effect, Steve. He seems more weary now.
>>
>>82266997
Cap and friends are now fugitives

but they do manage to find asylum in Wakandia as T'Challa finds out it was Zemo who did it all
>>
File: ant-image-2-10-15.jpg (202 KB, 634x517) Image search: [Google]
ant-image-2-10-15.jpg
202 KB, 634x517
>>82267182

Ohh Im so down with this! Based Pym always gonna be based.

Ok no more spoilers for me. Im #TeamANTS and all set for the premier tomorrow.
>>
Disney shills are going strong both here and /tv/
welp, back to the Win-O'-Thread it is
>>
>>82265877
Not OP but (spoilers ahead btw)

1.) It had a lot of quips near the end, but they were mostly from Ant-Man and Spidey. Some characters did have funny moments, but they weren't really excessive compared to Avengers and AoU. Really, the first thing I noticed was how it had lesser quips.

2.) First part had tons with the mission that went wrong. I really liked Black Widow's part in this. Then there was the chase scene, then the airport scene where it was just hero versus hero. Then Ironman, Bucky and Cap in the end.

3.) Yeah I expected something different in the end. I wouldn't say safe, but it offered something different to me. Also they're broken as a team, man, goddamn.

4.) For me, I had fun watching him as a dorky teen. It's a really different feel than the last two Peter Parkers.
>>
>>82266158
>One showing Bucky being out in deep freeze sleep
Dude he voluntarily went back to "freeze sleep", not the other way around

And yes, there are two post credit scenes. One after the main characters/actors credits, then right at the very end after all the credits.
>>
What happened with Black Widow? Did she run away to Wakanda with the rest of Cap Team too?
>>
>>82266310
At first, you'd get a lot of slightly disjointed scenes and I was kind of worried the whole thing would be a disjointed mess, but after the Vienna scene everything just went into place like jigsaw puzzle pieces. Really, really good villain btw. I was surprised how good Zemo was.
>>
>>82267377
question: is it more of a Captain America movie or Iron Man 4?
>>
>>82266470
>Bucky (He was literally just there)
What? No. I'd even rank him higher near the top. What a tragic character.

I'd rank it as

Steve/Bucky
Ironman
T'Challa
Wanda/Vision
Clint/Nat/Rhodey
The rest

Sam is the one who was just there, but I appreciate it because he knows he's just there for his homeboy Steve.
>>
>>82267481
Very much a cap movie with Stark as a simultaneous deuteragonist and pseudo antagonist.
>>
>>82265822
I watched it today too. It was enjoyable.
>>
>>82267013
They showed the machine from the Korean doctor to heal Rhodes but no Quickslav at all. It hurts.
>>
Any slight references/small hints to Daredevil?
>>
>>82267104
Love that scene. If anything, my gripe is that I needed more Ant Man/Paul Rudd scenes because he was just so great in his parts.
>>
>>82267481
Cap movie but it's balanced well. You understand where Tony is coming from. You also understand why Cap is doing things. Actually, you understand why everyone is doing what they do.
>>
>>82267630
Not OP but I didn't notice, sadly.
>>
>>82267553
Well I forgot Zemo, and I guess I'd rank him with T'Challa or even with Ironman.
>>
Question:

Does Panther get pissed at Widow for fucking up his revenge? Seems like that would be the point for him to split of to do his own thing

Also, how shaky is IM and BW's alliance? They aren't really friends imo
>>
>>82266158
Wait, does that mean that we will see Team Cap in Black Panther?
>>
>>82267930

1. Not really? He learns some important stuff because of it and ultimately gets another type of revenge.

2. It's fairly shaky, she's not really that fond of him most of the time and clearly sympathises with Steve.
>>
>>82267930
He doesn't get pissed outright but Tony does mention to Nat later that T'Challa reported her betrayal to Ross. That's the last time we see Nat in the movie. The 'I'm not the one who needs to watch my back' scene.

Tony actually does point it out early on in the movie that he can't believe Nat is supporting. It was a humorous/quippy scene.
>>
>>82268291
Seems so. The post credit scene only shows Steve and Bucky in Wakanda but we are made to assume that Steve's faction is there as well.
>>
>>82268347
>>82268384
Thanks. I guess the
>'I'm not the one who needs to watch my back
was a warning to not to trust the government then. Shit, now I want this arc to continue but the next movies are Doctor Strange and GotG
>>
>>82266596
Neither. To be honest, while the trailers made it seem that Steve's side was clearly in the right, the film itself does an excellent job with making Tony's side a lot more sympathetic.
>>
So, Black Widow is in Wakanda too or what?
>>
>>82265822

>Definitely the most emotional Marvel movie

Out of sheer curiosity, which ones did you think were emotional at all?
>>
How do we know Tony and Pepper had a fight? Is that a plot point?
>>
>>82268556
Uhhhhh
>>
>>82267446
US Government basically after her ass, as Tony warned her. Either she went underground/solo, or joining Steve team, because she obviously has more attachment with Steve and the gang than with Tony team.
Still, we still need factoring Nick Fury in the future though....
>>
>>82268677
Damn so Tony is fucked at the end, huh? from what's been said, it's hard not to feel for the guy, especially considering previous movies.

Also does Wanda get any comeuppance for siccing Hulk on Wakanda (it was Wakanda in AoU, right?)?
>>
>>82267930
Panther's arc gets resolved in the end. He's not mad at Widow because he knows the real truth in the end and has come to terms with what happened. Really good teaser to what's to come in his movie.

Not gonna lie, he's a literally who for me, but CW made me look forward to his movie.
>>
Bucky was incredible ugly in this movie. I get that it makes sense in universe but his face is all wrong and he doesn't match his comic book counterpart at all...
>>
>>82268556
Not OP but for me Bucky has such a sad life. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say anymore.
>>
>>82265975
>quips mostly from spidey.
Nothing wrong here
>>
Is it true that Crossbones kills Hawkguy's wife?
>>
>>82269036
No, but he does kill his wife's son.
>>
>>82269036
He kills himself by trying to blow himself up with Steve
>>
>>82268752
That was not Wakanda city during Hulk rampage in AoU. but South Africa Cape Town or Jo'burg.
>>
The bucky twist and the vilain plan is so bad. Worse thzn MARTHA. The last 30 minutes are pure shit.

-You killed my mom and dad LOL !
-but I was not myself
-but I will kill you anyway lol

The plot is pure shit.

But Spidey, Ant Man et Black Panher are god tier. In a shitty movie.
>>
>>82268556
In terms of ending: Cap 1
In terms of moments during the film: Loki scenes in the Thor movies, Groot's death in GOTG.
>>
>>82265822
>Russos said it's no point if it's not 50/50 about who's the right side.
>Literally made the Ironmanlet did everything wrong.

Russos, that's not how 50/50 work, you fucking hack brothers. Well, it's still a very entertaining movie nonetheless.
>>
>>82269247
I like Bucky's part in this. He's a truly tragic character, especially when he said he remembers all of his victims. That's one hell of a guilt to live with, and you see the guy trying to live a normal life earlier in the movie, only to be dragged down again. And to top it off, he willingly goes back to being frozen until they can figure out what to do with him.

>>82269290
What? Tony almost didn't do anything wrong. I'm Team Cap but I can't fault Tony. I can even say Cap was being selfish in this movie, which I think he deserves to be selfish this time, but Tony was acting on what he thinks was right and I can't blame him.
>>
File: 1458585244100.png (23 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1458585244100.png
23 KB, 500x294
>>82269316
>>
>>82269290
What did Tony do wrong?
>>
>>82269565
Nah he's right anon
>>
>>82269598
Riiight......
>>
>>82266470
>Tony steals the show
Hah
Why is T'Challa so mad at Bucky? Literally every single scene we've seen of Panther is him trying to stomp Bucky
>>
>>82269630
He thought Bucky is the main culprit of the bomb blast that killed his father. Based on early evidence. He is in full on revenge mode.
>>
Further note.
Thor and Banner do get mentioned.
First is when Ross taunts the Avengers by asking them where those two are.
Second scene is between Tony and Nat. Tony (playfully) asks Nat if she could get Banner. She replies with "He would definitely be siding with Steve"
>>
>>82269529
Yeah, he's sympathetic but he's totally wrong then when he knows he's wrong and try to make things better, Russos managed to make him a fucking cunt, lol.

I mean, it's hilarious, dude. This is not a 50/50, it's what you called 100/0, the end. It's dog shit on that point no matter how much they try to make it seems emotional.
>>
>>82265822
I usually avoid these threads and I won't be reading anything but your reply, OP.

I have one important question,it's yes or no.

Are the fights good?
>>
>>82270021
Not OP, but yes.
>>
>>82270021
Best in any MCU movie IMO, about as good as those of the DCEU
>>
>>82269963
Alrighty, then.

>>82269944
I'm sorry but Nat, that's bs
>>
>>82270021
Yes. Airport scene pretty much topped all the other superhero movie fight scenes.
>>
>>82266882
Not a draw, cap clearly won that fight and only stopped shy of actually killing Tony.
>>
>>82270317
Yeah, Cap straight up annihilated Tony
>>
>>82269963
He wasn't wrong at all in Civil War. Russos actually took a god awful comic arc that practically demonized Tony and turned it into a truly balanced event.
>>
>>82268752
Ironman is literally the universe's punching bag in the movie. He gets shit from everyone and every kind of shit happens to him even though he's only trying to be reasonable and make amends.
>>
Civil War BTFO
>>>/wsg/1057147
>>
>>82265822
So in this movie they actually say that Iron Man has been operating for 8 years and the Avengers for 4.
Looks like we aren't getting a sliding timescale in the MCU.
>>
>>82270463
I wonder if this is the movie that will make /co/ like RDJ Stark again. He's got a reputation for being a cunt in-universe, but this time around, he was about the only person in the movie that was honestly just trying to keep things from spiraling out of control, and he gets shit on for it.
>>
>>82266882
> I like how Steve optimistically overlooks that Clint, Wanda, and Scott won't lift a finger to help Tony from now on.
>>
>>82266971
> Strange helping Stark.

Top kek.
>>
>>82265877
1. Quips came from people that you expected (Lang, Spider-man), characters had minor ones but they weren't Whedon levels of absurd. Heck Stark has some gravitas to him and only quips when appropriate.
2. Not excessive compared to BvS Action scenes usually had a cause and reaction to them.
3. Like CA:WS there's some ramifications that should affect the MCU; now it's up to the other films to follow though.
4. Spider-man is probably the most authentic and genuine Spider-man put to film. He's just a 15 year nerd trying to be cool in front of these people.

Bonus: Lang-man was the shit, nobody wins.
>>
>>82270703
>2. Not excessive compared to BvS Action scenes usually had a cause and reaction to them.
Really? I felt BvS' action scenes weren't excessive enough. Doomsday was paced poorly but wasn't very long (this airport battle was longer I think) and the BvS fight itself, while very good in its first half, was ridiculously short. Even the Warehouse scene lasts like 5 minutes max.
>>
>>82270563
Good. Sliding timescale just leads to confusing bullshit, like Peter Parker dressing like it's the 60s for no reason in high school, and the feeling that older stories are getting gradually squeezed out, because they create too much character development past what Marvel is trying to write now. I'd like it if the MCU never has a hard retcon of a major plotpont of a previous story.
>>
>>82270786
Hmm, I think my phrasing was probably incorrect. By excessive I mean in terms of collateral damage, BvS paid lip service to it after MoS but they still decided to level a whole section of Gotham Metropolis.

Civil War, had its quiet scenes which help give motivation to the action. BvS had scenes that just made you hope the action would be worth while; which in the end wasn't.

Marvel might get ragged on for being quip heavy (Russos dialed it down and only characters that should, do it) but it shows a sense of camaraderie between the Avengers. E.g. Falcon and Bucky.
>>
>>82270463

Not true. Tony Stark is more like the Jimmy Neutron of the MCU. He only fixes his own bullshit.
>>
Does Steve get killed by Crossbones or does no one die at all?
>>
>>82270977
No one.
>>
>>82270989
Except Crossbones.
Zemo makes it, I hope he escapes and forms the Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts
>>
>>82266932
>except Crossbone

That honestly seems like such a fucking waste to spend a movie setting up Crossbones only for him to die 10 minutes into the sequel.

I'm guessing he would have played a bigger part but once they got the ok for Civil War instead of whatever they were gonna do for Cap 3 orignially he had to go.

Still though, such a waste.
>>
>>82269963
>Yeah, he's sympathetic but he's totally wrong then when he knows he's wrong and try to make things better

But that's what happened and the reason why it's 50/50? You understand why he wants Bucky killed because Bucky literally killed his parents. He has no pity for him because he didn't spend time with the dude. He put their differences aside to help them with the other winter soldiers, goes against the government he sided with, only to find out that Bucky doesn't deserve his aid.

Tony was wrong for not believing Cap about the fake psychologist/other winter soldiers. Cap was wrong for withholding information from Tony and being biased with Bucky. Tony was right to lash out at Bucky. Cap has his reasons for protecting Bucky (last remnant/friend from his past).

I'm saying this as someone who is Team Cap in this movie and don't think BvS is that bad (just not what fans expected). I'm just saying what I understood from the movie.
>>
>>82271088
Kinda, but the entire movie was built to be an emotional roller coaster I understood why it was him
>>
>>82267481

It's a Captain America movie with Iron man as the villain.

What is ISN'T surprisingly is Avengers 2.5. The rest of the heroes are pretty much just there for the airport fight and that's it.
>>
>>82270566

almost everyone seems to be taking Caps side at the end and its not gonna be different with normies, specially because he apologises and is all like don't worry we still friends.
>>
>>82271088
He has such a small part but he triggered a lot of consecutive events. I did like him as an antagonist and it's a shame he finally bites the dust this time.
>>
>>82271173
To be fair, Tony does get it in the end that having to work with Thunderbolt Ross as the Raft Warden is gonna be a doozy
>>
I wonder how they're gonna do Antman and the Wasp now that Antman is part of Cap's illegal avengers group and presumably a wanted man.
>>
>>82271315
The status quo will be completely different after IW1 probably.
>>
>>82271315
Hopefully they don't ignore CW's ending like Whedon did in AoU with the HYDRA/SHIELD reveal in Winter Soldier.

Feige said that Civil War will have a big impact on Phase 3 (except the space movies like Guardians or Thor I guess), so hopefully he isn't bullshitting.
>>
>>82271402
Ant-Man comes after Infinity War Part 1?

At that point they'll probably be friends again, you're right. I'm still curious how they'll do the movies that come out between Part 1 and Part 2.
>>
>>82269247
>>>/tv/
>>
So, IW part 1 will be Secret Avengers shenanigans?

At the end of the movie Thanos comes to Earth and everyone is forced to put aside their differences and work together. Part 2 is the crazy battle with Thanos where the Guardians will also come to Earth. Feige also said that Captain Marvel will only be in Part 2, so I'm assuming that's when shit gets real and they need the big guns to take on Thanos.
>>
>>82271433
>Hopefully they don't ignore CW's ending like Whedon did in AoU
This. AoU was so shit because it ignored TWS.
>>
File: Scan10963.jpg (188 KB, 844x1023) Image search: [Google]
Scan10963.jpg
188 KB, 844x1023
This dialogue made it into the movie by the way.
Delivered by Sharon during Peggy's funeral.
Thought it was a nice touch.
>>
So Zemo isn't Zemo then just a guy with his name. Great, they've pulled another Mandarin on us. Why the fuck can't Marvel do villains?????
>>
>>82271763
Hey, Zemo was great in this movie.
Sure, he wasn't exactly like the comics version, but he was still interesting in his own right, and he still has the motivation of wanting to destroy the Avengers because revenge.
>>
File: Mark.jpg (165 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mark.jpg
165 KB, 1200x1200
>>82271717
>Delivered by Sharon

Well, It was not exactly a Cap speech in the first place.
>>
File: 1418048531581.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1418048531581.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
Just got back from seeing it too, it was actually good. Spoilers ahead.

What I liked, basically:

- Giant Man was fucking great
- Spider-Man was really good
- Black Panther was really good too
- Aunt May is a fucking milf
- Fight scenes are cool but i'll have to see it again to get a better look because it was kinda all over the place
- Team Cap will probably end up in the Black Panther movie
- ANT-ARROW
- Crossbones acts as the adaptation's Nitro by being the trigger of the Accords

What I disliked:

- Tony is basically Inigo Montoya
- Vision can't aim because lewd thoughts about Wanda
- Natasha changes side in lieu of Spider-Man but for a microscopic impact
- Martin Freeman was wasted in a cheap role when he could have been used as a better character
- No one dies, Rhodey just ends up more or less handicapped, so the emotional impact of the war is diminished
- General plot is okay but adaptation-wise it's nothing like the books, but you already knew that.

pic unrelated
>>
>>82271315
Most likely Wasp and Pym gonna visiting Wakanda often.
Pym not big a fan of government intervention/Stark anyway.
>>
I wish we had seen the Abomination make a cameo in the Raft.
>>
>>82271717
>Cap undecided on the whole accords
>Peggy dies
>Sharon's speech
>Bucky truly the only thing from Cap's past now
All this made him decide to save Bucky.
>>
So, will Wanda x Vision happen?

>I want the world to see you like I do
>>
>>82271823
>- Martin Freeman was wasted in a cheap role when he could have been used as a better character
He was mostly there to set up his future appearance in the Black Panther movie. I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to shine there since he doesn't have to compete with over a dozen other characters for screen time.
>>
>>82271763
He's probably gonna be comic Zemo later on, like in the style of Daredevil where they ease in into the villains. Works well too because that way he won't be forgettable to the audience and you get to learn more about him. Marvel should have been doing this in their past movies.

He's actually a really good villain in this movie, Zemo or not. He managed to do all those things without being superpowered.

And they didn't pull a Mandarin.
>>
>>82271823
oh yeah I forgot, Zemo was totally not Zemo, just a guy who framed Bucky to get the Avengers to autodestruct because MUH FAMILY

Also the speech delivered by Sharon as >>82271717 said was a cool reference.
>>
>>82271823
>Martin Freeman was wasted in a cheap role when he could have been used as a better character
Nah I like how much of a cheeky cunt he was in this. He had a good scene with Zemo in the end.
>>
>>82268752
>Also does Wanda get any comeuppance for siccing Hulk

The morally questionable stuff Tony, Wanda et al did in AoU seems really downplayed here, as it probably should be.

Let's just say her brother's death was her comeuppance and leave it at that, because I don't think that's going to be addressed again any more than Tony's murderbot-building habits.

Come to think of it, no one seems to mention Quicksilver's existence directly any more. I don't know if that's proof of a Fox/Marvel custody arrangement for the twins or just they didn't have time.
>>
>>82271823
>but adaptation-wise it's nothing like the books,

And this is a gift of God. The comic Civil war was shit.
Cloned Thor killing people and no one takes responsibility for what.
Dimensional prison where people were being closed without a trial.
Reed, Pym and Tony psychopaths and Steve full hypocritical. It redefines the concept of character assassination

Fuck you Millar.
>>
>>82270092
>Banner
>Ever collaborating with the government, especially Ross.

YOU'RE BS.
>>
>>82271823
>General plot is okay but adaptation-wise it's nothing like the books
Shouldn't this be a plus? There are people who actually wanted a faithful adaptation of that shitty comic?
>>
Any shitty romance subplot?
>>
>>82271932
I didn't even know he'd be in the movie, that is good to know.
>>
>>82272048
Cap and the blonde chick was pretty forced, but it's a really small part of the movie. Hulk/Widow was worse because it took up too much screentime.
>>
Torrent where?
>>
>>82272048
Sharon/Cap.... but it is already foretold since Winter Soldier.
>>
>>82272048
Natasha gets BLACKED
>>
>>82272048
Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter kiss in one scene, which Steve admits is "way too late" since they're about to go on the run. The funniest part was seeing Sam and Bucky laugh at him.
It didn't feel out of place.
>>82272051
Yeah, his role, Everett Ross is a supporting character to BP in the comics.
>>
>>82272008
To be fair that wasn't actually Hank Pym, it was some alien asshole.
Reed getting with Sue Storm at the end was really shitty though.
I thought Stark feeling regret and remorse was pretty cool, but hiring Thunderbolts was kind a low blow.
>>
I wonder if Spider-Man commenting on Falcon's wings during their fight is foreshadowing for the Vulture being in Homecoming.
>>
>>82272048
Only a bit Sharon/Cap but it's more like a continuation in Winter Soldier and Cap just showing human tendencies. There's a slight Wanda/Vision hint too, and their arc is interesting since they go separate ways in the end (in more ways than one).
>>
Does Steve fuck Bucky in the ass?
>>
>>82272120
What you are quoting are later stories written by others who have tried to justify that shit. The best things about Civil war were just secondary ones.

The main event was Ultimatum tier shit.
>>
>>82272120
Stark was an asshole in comic CW. But Reed is the biggest asshole. He is emotionally stunted, lacking empathy even to his own family. Let alone to his superhero peers.

Either way, Millar made heroes as big assholes.
>>
>>82272184
Steve helps Bucky's ass
>>
>>82272184
There's no need.
He has all the time of the world between Dr. Strange and Ragnarok to do it offscreen.
>>
>>82272008
>>82272032

Actually, I would rather that Cap and Tony's relationship was more developped before they went full Civil War. I didn't care much for the rest of this comic, but the thing I liked in it was the emotional consequences of two brothers torn apart by their ideals, ultimately ending in one's death. The impact would have been a thousand times better if they did that, say in phase 4, after all the Infinity War stuff. They should have had time to endure more stuff together.
>>
>>82272184
I just realized how crazy Tumblr and AO3 is gonna explode once May 6 comes

Hopefully awkward sweater wearing Vision and Wanda alleviates the gay
>>
One thing that hasn't been mentioned about Zemo yet.
After making Tony fight Steve and Bucky by showing the Hydra video, he goes outside and is confronted by T'Challa, who discovered the truth. Zemo explains his motivations to him, and T'Challa realizes that he too has been taken over and blinded by revenge. Zemo tries to shoot himself since he did what he wanted to do, but T'Challa stops him, saying that the living aren't done with him yet.
>>
>>82272262
Tony and Steve still felt like 2 friends fighting each other, you feel bad for them.
Which is something I didn't feel in BvS since they barely knew each other and didn't have the history they had in Dark Knight Returns. And the reason for the fight in CW makes more sense than in BvS.
>>
>>82270885
>MoS but they still decided to level a whole section of Gotham Metropolis.

Civil War opens with General Ross giving them shit about the destruction.

Then they destroy an entire airport and a ton of other shit too.

double standards much?
>>
>>82272306
>Zemo no, you can't kill yourself. Already too many dead villains in the MCU, you need to live.
Based Panther is the hero we deserve.
>>
Tony has any hope to get out good again or the film make him fall even deeper?
>>
>>82272306
Oh and another thing
Throughout the movie you see him occasionally listening to his wife talk on the phone. He listens to his wife one last time just before T'Challa confronts him and he attempts suicide, and after it's done he deletes the message. Then he tells T'Challa about how his wife, son and father all died in Sokovia.
>>
>>82265822
what are the post credits scenes?
>>
>>82272348
>Which is something I didn't feel in BvS
You weren't supposed to. Canonically, Superman and Batman fight each other the first time they meet because there is no trust between them. They both see each other as enemies, threats to be stopped. It's only later that they see reason and become good friends. It makes sense because of how differently they operate. Friends fighting each other is nonsensical.

But I can understand Tony and Steve fighting each other because they were never depicted as friends in the films. Never.
>>
>>82272229
I just read an interview with the Russos in RESOURCE magazine where one of them says, and I don't have the exact quote, that Marvel publishing wasn't sure about doing Civil War because they felt while it was a big hit, "it hurt the characters for a long time afterwards."

In other words even the people who made CIVIL WAR know that they damaged a lot of the characters for short-term gain.

When you add up the three big events that Marvel did from 2004-6 (Avengers Disassembled, House of M, Civil War) you find that while the sales were good a ton of characters were left dead or unusable. Including a bunch of characters who came back for this movie, like Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Scott.
>>
Who turns out to be right in the end, Captain America or Iron Man?
>>
>>82272499
The first for Steve. The second for Spider-man
>>
>>82272404
Tony doesn't really do anything villainous in this movie. He just gets really pissed off at the end when he finds out that Bucky killed his mom.
No joke, he doesn't say "you killed my parents" or "you killed my father", he says "you killed my mom".
>>
>>82272389
>Airport destroyed
>Getting Nuked by Doomsday

That's the thing Civil War dealed with the collateral damage the situation has changed after the film shit like that can only happen if they're sanctioned to do so; well we can assume it has.
>>
>>82272539
>Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Scott.
It's hilarious how characters that Bendis tried to ruin and break ended up being so prominent in the MCU. He probably spent all of his time in the creative committee complaining about them.
>>
>>82272527
>they were never depicted as friends in the films. Never.

They started at the end of AoU. Not best friends, but certainly friends. The film literally tells us who have fought many battles off screen before recovering the scepter.
>>
All I'm getting from these threads is that this film will be MUCH better than Batman vs Superman, and will actually be a decent movie all on its own as a piece of film, much like Winter Soldier.

Poor DC. Rotten Tomatoes will probably hyper the shit out of this movie's percentage just to further spite BvS.
>>
>>82272582
At least he likes Spider-Man. I think. Maybe he hates him now because it's not his own Spider-Man.
>>
>>82265822
why is tony still active as ironman after ironman3?
>>
>>82267268
What are the two teams lineups and is there any overlap at the end?

Who's on steve secret avenging squad

And who is on the Tony stark official group of officiated officials

Also, how kuch Tomei do we see? Goddammit aunt may i
>>
>>82272550
He has never been exactly a super fan of his father. For some good reason, I would add.
>>
File: 1461792965227.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1461792965227.webm
3 MB, 854x480
holy fuck new footage from another thread in /tv/
spidey opening his eyes in surprise is fucking perfect
>>
>>82272640
AoU was after iron man 3 anyway wasn't it?
>>
>>82272640
Isn't he getting like 200M for this run as iron man? Or is that his next
>>
>>82272648
I know, I just thought it was interesing because it's rare for movie characters to care more about their dead mom than their dead dad.
>>
>>82272648
in ironman2 he seems to care that his father loved him
>>
>>82272640
>>82272669
Whedon retconned a lot of shit in AoU or outright ignored it, so, basically Ironman 3 doesn't matter.
>>
>>82272666
>Spider-Man vs The Vulture
>>
>>82272710
>basically Ironman 3 doesn't matter
holy shit
>>
>>82272692
>in ironman2 he seems to care that his father loved him

he only found out why his father was cold and absent, but remains a ridiculous excuse apology through a video. I say I am not surprised if Tony is left with some rancor.
>>
>>82272666
>shooting at a teenager
>>
>>82272541

Neither really. Zemo played them like idiots and both overreacted and came to blows. In the end nobody really wins either.
>>
>>82272710
Maybe you should watch the movie before you try to explain something. He clearly says he and Pepper are on a break due to him picking up the suit again after promising not to use it.
>>
>>82272793

Nobody knows he's a kid except Tony. Even Rhodes asks him just how old is this guy he brought in when Spidey mentions Empire Strikes Back is an old movie to him.
>>
>>82272488
Oh boy
>makes Zemo sympathetic
Thunderbolts confirmed
>>
>>82265822
How much of Ultron was mentioned? One of the things I hated about AOU was how it made it seem like damn-near everyone survived save for Quickslav. With the Sokovia Accords being named after Sokovia it's obvious there were casualties but do they add on to that with more obvious references to the shit that Ultron caused?
>>
>>82272811

Anon actually has a point. It's not Whedon's fault though. Basically IM3 was meant to wrap up Iron Man for good (with one final apperance in AoU before retiring the character) but then RDJ decided he'd do more films. Hence IM3 has been all but ignored by the films after it.
>>
>>82272851
Mentioned once by Stark in passing, saying it was his fault in regards to Sokovia.
>>
>>82272868
This is already more mature than his paper version.
>>
>>82272647

It's not really confirmed who's on what team at the end. It's assumed though that everyone that helped Steve in this film is in hiding with him.

Spidey is seemingly the only person on Tony's team for the moment.
>>
>>82272851
Yes
>The mother of one of the victims confronts Tony a la Miriam Sharpe in the original CW
>Tony mentions how Ultron is all his fault as one of the reasons for needing oversight
>Zemo is from Sokovia. His entire family died, killed by debris. It took him 2 days to find their corpses.
>>
>>82265822
Did Crosbones get to do much? Were his fight scenes pretty cool?
>>
>>82272912
The Tony in Civil War is much more tone appropriate compared to Whedon-stark.
>>
>>82272868
>>82272925
Thanks anons, glad to know that AOU and Ultron actually left a mark.
>>
>>82272832
That doesnt really say much to how young he is. I'm 29 and the empire strikes back is still an old movie to me.
>>
>>82265822
Does the Spider-Man suit really look THAT bad?
>>
>>82272306
>the living aren't done with you yet
Really good line. I really liked that scene, even though it's a bit dark, with Zemo pointing his gun underneath his mouth. Feels a bit different from other MCU movies somehow.
>>
>>82272940
He shows up in the opening scene in Nigeria, and gets cool fight scenes.
After Steve beats the crap out of him, he taunts him about Bucky. He then tries to kill them both with a suicide vest, but Wanda TKs him away, which leads to his explosiong killing a bunch of people in a building (though she definetly daved everyone in the market).
>>
>>82273009
CGI looks off in some scenes, good in some others but he is seen actually wearing the suit. He's literally a 15 year old kid through and through. I love the mask and how they provided reasoning for why his eyes are adjustable.

Also Aunt May is a milf.
>>
>>82273060
>Also Aunt May is a milf.
Literally, Tony Stark actually hits on her, which makes Peter uncomfortable
>>
>>82273037
I thought the movie needed a little darkness; I really enjoyed it, but I was surprised at times by how softball it was. Anyway, great showcase for T'Challa and for Zemo too.
>>
>>82273055
So he dead? Daaaamn what a way to go.
>>
>>82273060
dont you mean an ailf
>>
>>82272541
As a cap fan, neither. They were both wrong but also right.
>>
>>82270154
aw shit hype
>>
>>82273089
I was surprised that Peter didn't deck Tony or at least web his mouth shut the way he was talking about his MILF aunt, but I guess he's too star-struck and too sweet.
>>
>>82271887
They're definetly setting them up as having a relationship of some kind. It's clear they care about each other.
>>
>>82273089
I genuinely felt quite relieved when Peter was revealed. His room, his proto-Spiderman costume just all the little things made him feel like Parker. Now all Sony has to do is not fuck up.
>>
>>82272550
>dad seems distant
>never emotional to him
>dad keeps praising Steve Rogers
>becomes too attached to his mom
>>
>>82265822
How exactly did the final battle pan out? I know it was two on three with Bucky/Cap vs Tony but how does it play out in the end? No one ever seems to mention this.
>>
>>82272832
A better example would have been the Star Wars prequels.
>>
File: 146177823667.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
146177823667.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>82272666
Got you covered senpai
>>
>>82273009
The movie states CW takes place 1 year after AoU; Spidey says he got bitten 6 months ago or something similar to that.

I wish we could see him more in his ghetto suit, he appears to be ridiculously strong as well as well as untrained, most of the time he's fumbling around in the fight scene but in a kind of I'm trying to impress everyone here.
>>
>>82273199
This. I'm 23 and I've seen the OT when I was like 4-5 years old. PT was basically my generation when I was about 10-15.
>>
>>82273156
>Now all Sony has to do is not fuck up

Sony only product. Marvel Studio make the movie, or so I understand.
>>
>>82271823

> General plot is okay but adaptation-wise it's nothing like the books, but you already knew that

Sounds like a plus if anything

>No one dies, so the emotional impact of the war is diminished

fuck off m8. If someone had died they'd just come back in Infinity War anyway. No deaths is inherently superior to temporary death.
>>
>>82272550
Moms are sacred, bro. Losing any family member that way is painful, but your mom? Especially when she's completely innocent and meets a gruesome end because of the guy she married.

Tony was justifiable there.
>>
>>82273108
I'm a fans of both and this is so good.
>>
>>82273219
holy shit that thumbs up lmaooooo
>>
>>82272666
Spider-Man is OP, pls nerf.
>>
>>82273219
why is antman not shrinking immediately after spiderman tries to lock his legs?
>>
>>82273278
Spider-Man IS OP.
>>
>>82273282
He's a distraction.
>>
>>82272666
Bruv that's a 15 minute video of the airport fight posted here.
Welcome to 7 hours ago.
>>
>>82272647
Team lineups during the movie:

Ironman, Spidey, BW (lets Cap and Bucky pass in the end), Rhodes, Vision, Panther

Cap, Bucky, Falcon, SW, Antman, Hawk

Ironman captures the rest of Cap's team (except Cap and Bucky), but he didn't know they'll end up in a bunker underneath the ocean.

Movie ends with Cap breaking in the bunker and getting his team out. They're going rogue. Panther also helps Cap in the end. Vision started out a bit sure of what to do with his powers/fears but ends up all the more confused/doubtful/scared(??), which is quite the opposite of Wanda's arc: she starts out feeling horrible with what she did and then realizing to just control her fear and ignore what others think of her, partially thanks to the people who believe in her. Rhodes doesn't blame Tony regarding the "accident" with his spine.

So in the end it's only Spidey and Rhodes that's just with Tony now.

Oh and stay after the credits if you want to see more Aunt May
>>
>>82272666
What's with the disparity between Spider-Man in action scenes looking good as opposed to him looking like absolute shit every other time?
>>
>>82273282

Because once he does he's so exhausted he's out of the fight because of the stress it puts on him. So he tries to hang on as long as he can, and even takes down Spidey with a final backhand. He doesn't shrink back until he's clearly out of the fight regardless.

It's not something he has good control over yet.
>>
>>82273370
Spider-Man isn't with Stark.

All Stark got left is paralyzed Rhodey and shell-shocked Vision.
>>
>>82273356
wouldnt distract them more if they not know where is he and goes from small to giant in succession like the fight with falcon in antman?
>>
>>82273370
wat rly

they said the after credits was just bucky in wakanda
>>
>>82273370
>if you want to see more Aunt May
L-lewd.
>>
>>82273372
He looks great in action, Cap and him have some light banter together whilst fighting. He's there to just 'web people down'.
>>
>>82272666
Falcon official jobber.
>>
>Everyone is right
>Yet everyone is wrong

I didn't think they'd pull off making everyone just the right amount of justifiable and otherwise. Bravo Russos, bravo MarkFeely.
>>
This seems as good a place as any to ask this.
I've never been much of a marvel fan, more of a dc guy so I didn't really bother with the MCU movies. I've seen a little, but nothing much.

I decided to watch Iron Man 3 and I just finished. Is it considered among the good ones or the bad ones? I personally found it really bland and mediocre, with a few good scenes, what's /co/s general idea on it?
>>
>>82273409
He needs to distract all of Ironmans team; seriously just watch the movie when it comes out :)
>>
>>82273402
>Because once he does he's so exhausted
why? it doesnt seem to affect him going small
>>
File: even now.jpg (48 KB, 224x257) Image search: [Google]
even now.jpg
48 KB, 224x257
>>82273219
It's everything I hoped it would be.
>>
Would it be better if Cap ended up in prison?
>>
>>82273451
well i guess i have to
>>
>>82273450
by far one of the worst, but it had it's moments.
>>
>>82273450
Watch the first Iron Man film and you'll get why he's so beloved in the first place.
>>
>>82273450
Captain America series is the stronges out of them all, IM3 was okay it kinda went off the reservation in regards to the Iron Man thing but it's watchable compared to IM2.
>>
>>82273450
It's shit, the 1st one is the good one among /co/ and the 2nd one is eh, thor movies are bland, captain america 1st movie is good only for the first half, and the 2nd cap america movie is good
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.