[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SEXUAL HARASSMENT ALLEGATIONS AGAINST DC EDITOR EDDIE BERGANZA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: FB-dc-comics-logo-cce82.jpg (20 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
FB-dc-comics-logo-cce82.jpg
20 KB, 900x470
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sexual-harassment-allegations-against-dc-editor-eddie-berganza-become-public

>Last week brought news that veteran editor Shelly Bond will leave DC Comics after her position as Vice President & Executive Editor of the Vertigo line had been eliminated, as part of a larger restructuring of the imprint. Following the announcement, a steady stream of social media discussion surfaced on allegations of sexual harassment against another one of the publisher's longtime editors, current Superman group editor Eddie Berganza.

>DC Comics declined comment when reached multiple times by CBR News on the matter.

Well, now that it's hit the casuals news market, expect Berganza to get a job in the mailroom.
This is hopeful thinking, but maybe Bond will get Berganza's job. Or Berger could take it. Somebody whose surname begins with a "B".
>>
Save Superman
>>
DC's got the worst damage control/PR game in the fucking business. It's like they're actively trying to fail some days.
>>
>>82216512
Good maybe he can finally go
>>
>>82216512
well his last name is VERGAnza for a reason
>>
Fire his ass DC
>>
>>82216512
>This is hopeful thinking, but maybe Bond will get Berganza's job. Or Berger could take it. Somebody whose surname begins with a "B".
Karen Berger and Bond were both likely on a much higher salary, with much more responsibility, than that.

But yeah hopefully Eddie goes, he's been a dogshit editor for fucking years.
>>
Seriously he should've been fired for being a shitty editor already.
>>
>>82216512
>tfw Marveldrones and Disney's pet media will try to spin this as DC being evil
>tfw all dc fans wanted Berganza gone ages ago

I say Morrison editor. Give him control of all DC and watch what happens.
>>
DC gets shat on every other day of the week nowadays. It's impossible for them to catch a break.
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (120 KB, 607x428) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
120 KB, 607x428
>>82216512
Requesting DC style Sexual harassment joke.
>>
>>82216683
Morrison's already editing Heavy Metal. Let him keep working on that and creator-owned stuff.
>>
>>82216512
>DC Comics declined comment when reached multiple times by CBR News on the matter

Comic Book Resources is an anti-dc site, so whatever they say is moot
>>
>>82216683

isn't he already editing something?
>>
>>82216683
Maybe one day, but he's on Heavy Metal right now
It's pretty difficult to be EIC of two companies at once
>>
>>82216695
Yeah but honestly, and I say this as a DC fan, they deserve this one. Although who knows what's happening behind the scenes, what with all those blackmail rumors and shit.
>>
>>82216683
I mean, DC hasn't exactly done GOOD here and I'm a DCFag. Instead of getting rid of him, they just segregated him from women - proving they're aware of the problem but willing to keep him on because???? He's not like invaluable or especially talented.
>>
>>82216512
This thread isn't about comics. It's about harassing professionals through social media.
>>
>>82216695

I mean to be fair, they've brought this on themselves considering how long people at least within the industry have known that this guy is a massive asshat
>>
Wasn't Berganza the reason women weren't allowed to work on Wonder Woman, because they knew better by that point than to let him work with women?
>>
>allegations
perfectly fine reason to fire someone
>>
>>82216770
If rumours are to be believed then yes, they basically just segregated him from women which I guess mean women can't work on Superman lines. Honestly, it's just so stupid how could they not see this would eventually blow up in their faces?
>>
>>82216695
Berganza is a shitty person and a shitty editor, and this whole situation has been around for years now. They were rumors of Berganza blackmailing a higher up years ago, and even if it was and is still true, DC brought this on themselves. Instead of getting rid of him, they've just been moving him around to where he won't have women editors, etc under him.
>>
>>82216798
If they haven't done anything the rumors must not be true
>>
>>82216743
That's where the blackmail theory comes in.

Not that I'm convinced, but it would explain things, however unlikely it is
>>
>berganza might be ousted
>harras might eventually leave, too

While I'm sad that DC is getting bullied again, I'll be happy as fuck if these anchors can finally be left behind. I honestly don't care about the politics behind these things: they create bad books, so they should leave. Period.
>>
>>82216798
>Honestly, it's just so stupid how could they not see this would eventually blow up in their faces?
shitloads of companies (and universities) get away with it, why not DC?
>>
>>82216834

they legitimately demoted a couple years back for a "series of indiscretions" after he attempted to make out with a DC artist's gf at a show.
>>
>>82216512
Good maybe now they'll finally fucking fire him. I love DC but they just have some atrocious higher up like this guy and Harras. I'm betting nothing will fucking happen though.
>>
>>82216836
I think it's more likely he's just bros with someone important so they're willing to look the other way. Comic industry is full of shit like this, it's ripe with of weirdos lacking basic social skills - I just assume every other dude is a James Kolchalka/Chester Brown type.
>>
>>82216893
Where is your proof?
>>
>>82216770
There will still female writers and artists on books he was the group editor of, even right now.

Supergirl, DCYou Wonder Woman, and Starfire come to mind.
>>
DC needs a shake up

i hope this marks the beginning of a good round of firing
>>
>>82216714
>moot

Who?
>>
>>82216714
They're official media partner of DC according to Rich.
>>
>>82216898
They'll only do something if this starts to get out and more outlets start picking up the story, because then they start looking bad.

>>82216926
Writers/Artists don't interact with editors in person do they? Genuinely asking here.

>>82216920
There's giving the benefit of the doubt then there's just being willfully ignorant to play devil's advocate.
>>
>>82216884
And a lot of companies and universes do not get away with it.
>>
BAZINGA!
>>
>>82216836
>Thinking he needs blackmail
Comics industry thrives on nepotism. If he's friends with someone in charge he'll never be let go.
>>
>>82216961
>according to Rich
>>
>>82216942
DC's new editor.
>>
>>82216968

pretty much every comics "news" site has posted about it today.
>>
Andy Khouri Superman Editor when?
Who would you want Superman group editor to be if this fuck is fired?
>>
>>82216720
see
>No.82216713
>>
>>82216968

they occasionally do.
not on a day to day basis though.
>>
>>82216973
public ban for posting Sheldon in a thread about Chuck BLEZINSKI
>>
File: adsf.png (455 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
adsf.png
455 KB, 600x450
B E R G A N Z A
>>
>>82216968
You have nothing but rumors there's no evidence to prove anything you're like that mattress girl
>>
>>82216961

you wouldn't think so if you were more familiar with their ''news''

they were jumping on all the DC bandwagons, '' no jokes policy!!!they don't allowed Batwoman to get married? HOMOPHOBIA AT DC!!!! '' and also all the anti batman v superman stuff that you can think off.
>>
>>82216926

yea but as group editor he doesn't work directly on all the books, he just works on one or two (I think Superman and Action Comics directly) and oversees the general direction of the rest.
>>
>>82217021
Who else? Links nigga.
>>
>>82216857
>>harras might eventually leave, too
I've heard nothing about that. Frankly I can't see him leaving, Marvel sure as fuck isn't taking him.
>>
>>82217021
I mean like a real outlet. Most comic fans won't care or expect like a signed statement from Berganza admitting it.
>>
>>82217080
They were to first break the news about Rebirth officially.
>>
Like Scott Allie, this is going no where.

Half of Dark Horse's editorial staff threatened to walk if Allie wasn't fired, and instead they gave him a promotion. So out went a bunch of Dark Horse staff with no fucks given by the management.

If even internal revolt won't unseat these guys, the press won't either.
>>
>>82217141
And the 'meat and potatoes' article months before basically turned out to be Rebirth.
>>
>>82217111
This. No one gives a fuck about sites like the Mary Sue or BC. Now if CNN or something picked up on this? He'd be gone and so would whoever has been protecting him.
>>
>>82217111
They wouldn't report rumors. That's not how real journalism works
>>
>>82217111

I don't think real news care about stuff like this.
No one outside the industry reacted to >>82217143 either.
>>
>>82216744
>dc isnt comics

You need to fucking kill yourself
>>
>>82217143
Yeah no one in comics gives a shit. Remember the shitfit with Remeder? Marvel basically told them to fuck off.
>>
>>82217143
Yeah if anything they'll just demote him again to a group of books nobody cares about.

The only way I can see him going if is a big media news outlet got a hold of some real shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (51 KB, 641x420) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
51 KB, 641x420
>>82217041
>Andy Khouri Superman Editor when?

not that piece of shit, he is the worse kind of SJW there is.

''Bryan Wood was hitting on some girl in a bar like 10 yers ago, he shoulbe be banned from existing!!!!''

Then people found out about his partner Chris Sims basically creating a harrasing campaign for years towards some female Punisher writter, she even had to go to therapy about it and when he found out Chris was sending ''are you going to cry now???'' messages to that person.

What did he had to say about it? Of course nothing! because it was his friend, hypocrite piece of shit

he is also a giant douche in general, pic related
>>
>>82217206
>Remember the shitfit with Remeder?
That was literally about nothing.

Allie is a known and admitted sexual assaulter who blames it all on his alcoholism.
>>
dc will do anything to generate buzz about it's movie
esp bVs
>>
Wasn't it well known that Berganza is a creep? I don't even know that much behind the scenes stuff but I'm pretty sure I've already read about him harassing women.

Btw, who the fuck is Rich?
>>
>>82217175
It doesn't surprise me that they wouldnt pick up on DH, but DC is Superman and Batman and more known in the general public. They have lots of movies in the theatres, it's a slightly bigger chance of it going viral than the Allie shit.
>>
>>82217141

they were also talking about ''DC pretends to care about diversity!!!!!'' when DC you was out
>>
>>82217256
>Btw, who the fuck is Rich?

Rich Johnston, creator/lead writer for BleedingCool
>>
>>82217256
No really knows anything
>>
>>82217245
>dc will do anything to generate buzz about it's movie
>esp bVs
oh look, another /tvtard/ trying to turn a thread into a Batman V Superman hate thread for no reason
>>
>>82217228
The books Khouri edits right now are 10x than anything from Berganza.
>>
>>82217228
Pro tip: you're responding to Khouri right now.
>>
>>82217170
Nigga, didn't every news network ignore a speech from Bernie to focus on a Trump's empty podium? Real journalism died with Buzzfeed's popularity.

>>82217256
It's basically openly discussed by a lot of creators, it's not even an open secret so much as a known fact at this point.
>>
>>82216637Pene
>>
>>82217100
Harras is shitty at his job (been speculated that he's a big reason why Marvel went bankrupt in the 90s).

His role as EIC at DC has been crappy, too: the New52 caused bad breaks with a LOT of talent, mostly for editorial reasons.

Still, he's the EIC, even as Johns&Didio&Lee basically do his job for him. I can't think of a single reason why he's still in this position, besides the possibility that he's in a situation like Berganza.
>>
>>82217256
Yes, a few months ago de Campi did a piece on it.

And years ago (like 2011-2012) there were rumors of Berganza blackmailing somebody and Berganza got demoted.
>>
Until we start seeing creatives get behind the call to unseat these guys (and I don't mean third-string nobodies like Ales Kot) these guys aren't moving. Until someone who is a big name seller like Mignola or Gaiman says, 'I refuse to work for this company while these people remain' nothing is going to happen.

But the problem is these guys have all the power to hire and fire the 'talent'. So the creatives don't say shit because they don't want to get blacklisted from the industry.

Kieron Gillen, Greg Rucka, et all make a name for themselves on being progressive and inclusive, but don't so boo about known sexual predators occupying powerful positions at this companies, because their paycheck trumps their ideals.

Moral cowards who say a lot, but don't do anything when it matters,
>>
>>82217267

one of CBR's head "editors" is a former Marvel PR guy.
plus they have weekly columns with Marvel's E-I-C and X-Men editors/writers.
>>
>People will defend this shitty editor because of muh esjoos
>>
>>82217333
Now you're calling it a fact you still don't have proof
>>
Who was the guy Alex de Campi accused and who just happened to be the boss who had just fired fired?
>>
>>82217382
They had EIC column for DC too if I remember.
>>
Daily reminder that its only harassment if the perpetrator is ugly. If he is hot then its just flirting and girls like it. His only crime is not being beautiful, which is bad, but its not sexual harassment to be ugly.
>>
>>82216512
>sjw gets fired and is assblasted about it
>allegations come out immediately after with zero evidence
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""coincidentally""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>82217411

they had a interview column with Didio and Lee but it hasn't been a regular thing for at least the 5 or so years I've been visiting the site.
>>
>>82217318
>The books Khouri edits right now are 10x than anything from Berganza.

pffft, fuck him anyway! he can't take credit for the talent of other people.

What comics is he working on ?

Was Berganza the editor of the superman books?

Because besides a rocky start with the main superman book and the Scott Lobdell run, the Superman books have been better than ever!

Morrison, John, Greg Pak even George Perez wasn't bad on Superman
>>
>>82217404
Nathan Edmonson. Those accusations only really came out and got big after he was hired to write Red Wolf for Marvel.
>>
>>82217228
I really don't give a flying fuck about this. The books he edits are generally good and none of them have any SJW shit. I'm just throwing a name out there. DC picked up a relatively unknown Vertigo Editor to be the head editor of Bat books and look where all of them are currently. If I had my way, Superman Editor would be either Morrison or Waid.
>>
>>82217475

nah Ales Kot called out Edmondson and it was more that that started after he got in a twitter spat with him and Mitch Gerards over them doing something Punisher related for the American Sniper guy.
>>
>>82217437
Would Shelly Bond be considered an sjw? Seems more like sjws taking up a rallying call because a woman was let go.
>>
>>82217502
>Berganza gets fired
>Harras goes too
>Waid comes back to DC now that Harras is gone
>he edits Superbooks

In a perfect world.
>>
>>82217413
>what is context
yes, if the person doesn't want it and then you do it anyways, it's harassment

wow there's a lesson in the law for you
>>
>>82217502
>Waid
Why would you want an autistic manchild to edit superman?
>>
>>82217369

Interesting that when Greg Rucka comes back to DC to write Wonder Woman again, it stops being a book under Berganza's purview...
>>
>>82217460
>even George Perez wasn't bad on Superman

C'mon dude. Even Perez himself admits his nu52 Superman sucked.
>>
>>82217540
cause Waid at least understands Superman
>>
>>82217521
People here consider any liberal with an opinion SJW, so I guess so. She hasn't said boo. It just pissed off a lot of people working because she's considered a good editor who gave a lot of creators their start - Tom King for one - and they're mad to see Eddie stay on while she's been dismissed

>>82217545
There's a rumour it was one of his stipulations, but who knows about that one...
>>
>>82217528
>Wanna go out dinning tonight?

Ugly man
>Wahh, sex harrasment!!! (specially if I need a push on my career)

Hot dude
>Sure, teehee.

There it is your whole context. If he grabbed their asses or something like that it would be sexual abuse. Sexual harassment is literally "the guy was ugly and I want money".
>>
>>82217568
He didn't get Man of Steel the guy must be retarded
>>
>>82217475
There weren't even any specific accusations against Edmonson, were there? I remember it just being a lot of "Edmonson is human garbage and Marvel shouldn't hire him, we all know why, so nobody needs to say anything specific"
>>
>>82217545
Greg Rucka works a lot with Scott Allie at Dark Horse. They're apparently close personal friends and he defends him despite the mountains of evidence showing Allie is a problem.

Greg Rucka can go fuck himself.
>>
>>82216512
Borrison?
>>
>>82217528
You cant know if they want or not if you dont ask before.
>>
>>82217545
Yep, it's also worth noting that Rucka's worked under Doyle before, and he probably worked under Berganza at some point before he left DC.

He knows who the better one is.
>>
>>82217228
Idunno, I follow him on twitter, and he seems mellow.
And the books he edits I enjoy.
>>
>>82217577
Also I'm not implying that Tom King has anything to do with it, but I saw a lot of tweets from cool people thanking her for giving them a shot.

>>82217586
Spend less time on TRP and more time in a legal forum, because you are wrong.
>>
>>82217596

not really.
The worst people could find about him was apparently as a younger man he was an accomplice in a credit card theft.
and hes a Republican with ties to an anti-gay rights group.
>>
>>82217596
The called him conservative
>>
>>82217586
Someone sounds ugly and bitter about it.
>>
>>82217358
Wait HOW the FUCK is he EIC? Who gave him that position? I thought fucking Dido was the one running things.
>>
>>82217460
You're a retard if you believe Berganza isn't responsible for the shit quality of Superman books. Lobdell and Perez were dogshit. Diggle and Perez left the book because of editorial mandate. Earth 2 turned to shit and Robinson left. Teen Titans was dogshit because of him. Green Lantern post Johns, all the Superman shit crossovers. And so many other things.

As for Khouri he edits Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, New Suicide Squad among other things.
>>
>>82217661

Didio and Lee are co-publishers, which is a step above EiC.
I'm not sure what the distinction is.

Same with Dan Buckley who has been Marvel's Publisher for like 15 years.
>>
>>82217556

a lot of artists say that their own stuff sucks

Greg Capullo can't look at his Batman stuff from months ago because he thinks that he sucks

So, that Andy douche, what books was he working on?
>>
>>82217522
Waid turned into a huge Slott-tier bitch. I doubt he'd come back anyway he's extremely asshurt at DC.
>>
File: What am I even looking at here.png (47 KB, 184x254) Image search: [Google]
What am I even looking at here.png
47 KB, 184x254
>>82217594
>He didn't get Man of Steel
>implying there's shit to "get" in Man of Steel
>>
>>82217540
Because he knows his Superman idiot. You'll get shit like Legion and JSA and loads of super books if he was appointed.
>>
>>82217726
a pleb shows his colors
>>
>>82217726

its more that he (like most fans) thought that Man of Steel was a terrible take on Superman and didn't understand why WB decided to go that route with the character.
>>
>>82217586

so what happened? I don't want to give CBR views
>>
>>82217683
Yeah he's been pretty awful. Why don't they do what Marvel did with Quesada and kick him up somewhere he can't fuck things up.
>>
>>82217586
Under no circumstance would asking a question without intent of harm be considered sexual harassment
>>
>>82217753

He's not Batman or working on a Batman book, what are you talking about?
>>
>>82217726
what the fuck is going on this thread
>>
>>82217753
Man just imagine if Berganza became co publisher or EIC. Then everybody will have as shitty a book as Teen Titans and nobody will be good again.
>>
>>82217757
Because as bad as you may think Snyder's was everyone else was worse. People wanted to turn Superman into Dr. Manhattan. Snyder at least gets that Supes is a good guy even if he's terrible at showing that properly.
>>
>>82217760
No one knows what happened there are rumors of sexual harassment and that's all
>>
>People are willing to defend Zack "Man of Murder" Snyer over the creator of Superman: Birthright
DC is truly experiencing a dark age
>>
>>82217770
Shitposting

see >>82217586 more details on it.
>>
>>82217766
Berganza is far more important to DC than a fictional character ever will be.
>>
>>82217683

Yeah but also there has been amazing stuff from the get go with Morrison on Action Comics, then just as good stuff but different with Aaron Kuder and Greg Pak

Also Johns on Superman has been great! Not to mention other great books like Superman Unchained and Supergirl.

I don't give a shit about the editors since this just goes to show that they don't mean shit when good talent is working on the books.
>>
>>82217803
Fuck off /tv/tard

Waid is a huge bitch these days.
>>
BUT WIMMEN DON'T DO BAD THINGS?
>>
>>82217830
>Morrison
>Johns
>editable

They're like Bendis. They can't be edited.

Also Pak/Kuder got destroyed by crossovers.
>>
>>82217831
how is it /tv/ for me to defend a comic writer over a movie writer...?
>>
>>82217770

people wantint to talk about DC news and /tvtards/ talking shit about Man of Steel and Batman v Superman at every chance they get
>>
>>82217803
what's wrong? Don't like depth in your capeshit?
>>
>>82217803

that was waide when he was good, now he is just a shadow of his former self
>>
>>82217830
Nigga Morrison and Johns would slap Berganza silly if he tried telling them what to do.

They're in bed with Didio so they can do close to whatever they want.
>>
>>82217830
Let's see newfag
>Morrison: uneditable
>Johns: uneditable
>Snyder: uneditable
>Pak and Kuder: fucked over by crossovers because of Berganza
>Supergirl: Let's cancel her ongoing right before the show
>>
>>82217862
Birthright had infinitely more depth than MoS and BvS combined
>>
Man, problems keep piling up.
>>
File: Dio laughs at this faggotry.png (556 KB, 637x729) Image search: [Google]
Dio laughs at this faggotry.png
556 KB, 637x729
>>82217862
>MoS
>depth
>>
>>82217831
That's not the point though. If Morrison was asked who "gets" Superman like Morrison himself does, first name to come out of his mouth will be Waid.
>>
>>82217929
Well maybe if they got rid of him years ago instead of just demoting him from executive editor to group editor, they wouldn't have this problem.
>>
>>82217957
What will you do if he says Snyder?
>>
>>82217957
Morrison is as much of a hack as Waid is

Berganza is fine, he's literally just being a scapegoat for some bitch who is likely using sexual harassment as a way to climb the corporate ladder in some other company and getting her name in the spotlight.
>>
>>82217969
The demoting him is really damning to them imo, you could argue that there's no ~evidence~ but the fact that DC saw fit to do SOMETHING indicates there is something happening. And instead of firing him, they moved him around. It makes them look terrible, they best hope nobody important picks this story up.
>>
>>82217969
Why would they get rid of him if he never did anything? What kind of evil person wants to ruin lives for no reason?
>>
>>82217809
How so? I mean really what's he done that's so important?
>>
>>82217993
>he's literally just being a scapegoat for some bitch who is likely using sexual harassment as a way to climb the corporate ladder in some other company and getting her name in the spotlight.
What are you basing this on??
>>
File: scott allie.jpg (16 KB, 220x281) Image search: [Google]
scott allie.jpg
16 KB, 220x281
Can't talk about Scott Allie on /co/, apparently.
>>
>>82218066
dudes got a mop on his head, no one can take him seriously
>>
>>82218019
Was he demoted? I haven't even seen proof of that. Even if he was demoted you still don't know why
>>
>>82217256
>Wasn't it well known that Berganza is a creep?

I don't know if it's "well known" outside of industry circles, but yeah, stories have been circulating since around 2010 that he's a sex pest of some sort. I don't know if it's as well-circulated as the stories about Dark Horse's Scott Allie, though.

Anyway, DC higher-ups supposedly "quarantined" him a couple of years ago with an unofficial edict that no female staff would ever work directly under his supervision.

Most of the allegations haven't really been substantiated beyond rumors and hearsay, except for one incident, and it happens to be one of the worst ones—it's about him forcibly groping and kissing a DC freelancer's girlfriend at Wondercon in 2012, in full view of several witnesses. That led to him being demoted at DC, which is nuts if you ask me. In almost any other major company, that would have been a fireable offense, and probably led to criminal charges, but I imagine the freelancer's GF probably declined to press charges knowing Berganza's connections in the company—the same ones that kept him from being fired—would probably blackball the freelancer.
>>
>>82217991
>What will you do if he says Snyder?
He pretty much has said regarding DCEU in a very polite way, not muh Superman.
>>82217993
Kill yourself mate.
>>
>>82218104
Nigga, you have Google use it - It's even on his fucking Wikipedia. Fucking plebbit types.
>>
>>82218104
Berganza was executive editor in 2010, which is the second highest position after EIC. He was bumped down to Group Editor around 2012.
>>
>>82218107
>but I imagine the freelancer's GF probably declined to press charges knowing Berganza's connections in the company—the same ones that kept him from being fired—would probably blackball the freelancer.
This is exactly why no creatives are talking about this stuff except no bodies like Kot. No one wants to miss out on a paying gig.
>>
>>82218165
Anyone can edit wikipedia Ales Kot added a bunch of shit to that edmonson guy's article
>>
>>82218226
its unfortunate that capitalist ideology of money first, politics later has infiltrated even the deepest level of society. People shouldn't be scared to throw a piece of shit under the bus
>>
>>82218289
Fucking do a modicum of research, it's not exactly a hidden secret that he got demoted jesus. You can't play devil's advocate and need to be spoonfed fucking everything.
>>
>>82218401
You're still speculating on why he was demoted
>>
>>82218426
Did Berganza take pictures of you sucking his cock?
>>
>>82218226
This is a real problem for sure, one that all independent contractors in any industry have to deal with, not just comics freelancers. I mean sure, you can complain about your assigned supervisor's misbehavior (whether it be something like sexual harassment or something more mundane like professional incompetence), and maybe you'll "win" some sort of settlement, but there's always the risk that you get labeled as a complainer or "difficult to work with." I'm fortunate enough never to have been placed in that sort of situation, but I know people who have and it really sucks for them. Even if they win they still lose.
>>
>>82218482
You're desperate
>>
>>82218426
He was publicly seen harassing someone at Wondercon, got demoted and has never been to con since despite being a major editor. Stop being obtuse.
>>
>>82218530
stop being acute
>>
>>82218540
CARLOS THIS IS NOT THE TIME
>>
>>82216683

Why did you have to turn this into publisher wars
>>
>>82218540
Stop taking the bait fellas.
>>
>>82217042
nice
>>
>>82216695
Berganza should have been fired a decade ago. Even if you ignore the whole sexual harassment thing, he's still a fucking horrible editor that has presided over many of DC's worst books. If this blowing up is what gets them to finally remove him from a position of power then good, and that's coming from a diehard DC fan.
>>
>>82216512
>>
>>82217367
I remember hearing about Berganza being a creep as far back as 2007.
>>
>>82218833

ok grandpa
>>
>>82217329
If that were true then Khouri would know >>82217228 is that guy who used to post on the same board he used to.
>>
>>82218050
He's been the editor of all of the company's best books for starters.
>>
>>82219200
As we all know, Teen Titans has one of the best ratio of good to bad stories and runs. Not even Batman can touch TT there.
>>
>>82219200
He never edited any Bat books. Or Vertigo.
>>
>>82217413
Fuck off, Quasimodo.
>>
>>82219312
Berganza's TT alone is more important to the company's legacy than any Bat or Vertigo book.
>>
>>82219200
>>82219364
Why do you people continue to reply to this guy?
>>
>>82219393
Yeah I see it.
>>
>>82219364
>>82219200
>>82217809
>>82217993
Someone's trying too hard to defend Berganza and it's not working.
>>
Is this the faggot that insisted they get rid of Superman's red trunks? If so, then good.

If not, then fire that person too.
>>
File: ded clarinet.gif (534 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
ded clarinet.gif
534 KB, 500x293
>they literally can't not fire him now
>>
>>82219531
>yfw just they demote him again

Maybe he'll just be a normal editor on 3 books nobody cares about.
>>
>>82216512
Its what happens when you try to fuck with Keith Giffen
>>
>>82220046
Wut?
>>
>>82216512
Can it be true? Is our long Berganza nightmare over?
>>
>>82220323
in the butt
>>
>>82217358
>(been speculated that he's a big reason why Marvel went bankrupt in the 90s).

Hardly. That was due to decisions that were made higher up than editorial and tied a lot into the fact that Marvel bought one of the three distributors that serviced the industry in the 80s/early 90s and ran in aground.
>>
>>82217072
It happened in public, there were many witnesses.
It's on record he was reprimanded for it.
>>
>>82221439
I tend to believe it but I want a source though.
>>
>>82221495
There's been multiple articles about it over the last week or so.

Pick any one and they mention it.
>>
>>82221495
The topic link?

>Berganza was involved in a known incident of sexual harassment in March 2012, after show hours during the weekend of the WonderCon comic book convention, for which he was disciplined by the company and demoted from his then-position as Executive Editor. CBR News has learned that no misconduct involving Berganza has been reported internally since the WonderCon 2012 incident.
>>
>>82218052
His personal experiences as Ed Berganza, one imagines.
>>
>>82216674
>>82216683
>>82216654
we should start a petition to to "get him fired for being a shitty editor...and also sex stuff whatever"
>>
>that story about berganza pretending to be an overcompensating closet gay

Top kek. This douche should have been fired a long time ago.
>>
As the movies get more and more popular itlll be tough to keep al these sex offenders around.

Then again Hollywood keeps them no matter how many open secrets are around.

Shit is fucked. I hope none of you giys defend these morally bankrupt companies. I love cape comics but.this is really fucked.
>>
>>82218019
Its like those pedo priests the church moved around. The coverup is worse than the crime.
>>
>>82217993
Eddie get the fuck outta here,
>>
>>82217143
Allie may remain as long as his friend Mike Mignola is still working for Dark Horse.

>>82217516
>>82217641
As a result there's a negative effect on Edmonson's book Red Wolf sales-wise (and in turn, eventually it will be cancelled at #6 next month).
>>
>>82222873
Honestly if Mignola backs him up ill lose respect for him.
>>
>>82218066
>this man licks your ear and offers you to write a mignolaverse title
what do
>>
>>82223042
Scream and don't stop punching until his bones don't crack anymore.

Seriously, even if I wanted to do it I'd be too scared and grossed out.
>>
>>82223042
Hell grab your dick too. Not just licking.
>>
>>82223092
cmon baby don't give me that
>>
>>82216512
>Detective Comics Comics
Rustles me every time.
>>
>>82223112
>hair worse than norman osborns

Incredible,
>>
>>82223112
Jesus Christ why does he have the hair Brad Douriff wears when he's trying to look creepy in a serial killer role?
>>
>>82222873
>As a result there's a negative effect on Edmonson's book Red Wolf sales-wise (and in turn, eventually it will be cancelled at #6 next month).

I doubt that series would have lasted anyway. All the scandal did was kill it faster.
>>
>>82217830
Morrison's was edited by Idelson, not Berganza. And he's too big of a talent to be messed with anyways. Same with Johns. There's a reason the histories of Green Lantern and Batman didn't get rebooted with the New 52
>>
>>82222873
>As a result there's a negative effect on Edmonson's book Red Wolf sales-wise

Do you really believe that? Edmonson's not really that big a name in comics (yes, I'm well aware he did Jake Ellis and Punisher, but really, he's not as prominent as a lot of other writers) and Red Wolf is character like very few people know about and already had controversy directed toward him (ie design, etc) even before the allegations toward Edmonson.
>>
>>82223112
Did Dark Horse employees really leave because management decided to keep this fuck? Any source to that?
>>
>>82216512
I would love to see Berganza gone. That fuck needed to be kick out long ago.

That being said, why is everyone treating Shelly Bond being let go as worse than the Holocaust? Is it against the sjw law that women in high power should never be fired? (If that's the case then that's bullshit since Sony needs to fucking get rid of Pascal).

It just seems weird they now bring this up instead of not months ago and not keep bringing it up.
It feels like the websites are trying to frame it that Bond left because Berganza raped/chased her out when they probably weren't in the same office (though I wouldn't be surprised if Berganza tried to rape her).

It's cool they wanna give DC heat for keeping Berganza and want the public to know about his crimes. But the whole thing feels like they care less about that and more butthurt that Bond was fired. Which granted, it is lame that a sexual predator gets to keep his job and not be fired (he should be fired too). But I don't see why if he was fired that would change for Bond. She did a pretty shitty job with vertigo.
>>
>>82223573
It's mainly cause Shelly Bond is like the last link to old Vertigo, editorially. When Karen Berger left people assumed that Bond would try to keep it going as best as she could.
>>
>>82223329
>already had controversy directed toward [Red Wolf] (ie design, etc) even before the allegations toward Edmonson.
Combine these and you got a book that will last only one arc.
>>
>>82223179
his nickname at dark horse is bitey the clown
>>
>>82223376
Just a twitter account of a former Dark Horse editor.
>>
>>82223603
She didn't though.
>>
>>82222873
>>82223329
>>82223622
Another thing: Black Knight got canceled with #5 and there was no controversy surround Frank Tieri or anyone else on the book. So I doubt the whole Kot vs Edmonson thing would've impacted sales on Red Wolf anyway.
>>
>>82223622
Ales Kot pls go. That book was always doomed.
>>
>>82223686
I'm not Ales Kot, fuck off.
>>
>>82225740
Getting mighty defensive there, Koty boy.
>>
>>82223573
It's honestly just because Berganza is a douchebag and Bond is beloved, not just by SJW types. It just is a reminder of the injustice of Berganza being kept on with no results, no quality and a wrapsheet while Shelly seemingly has done nothing wrong but not make Vertigo soar.

None of the people on Twitter talking about Berganza now haven't complained about him and lots like him before
>>
There are people who think it's a coincidence that berganza is feeling the heat just a week after wonder woman earth one is released featuring this page with Eddie berganza and wondy.

Hypercrisis is real
Hypercrisis is love
Hypercrisis is just
>>
>>82217586

except handsome men do get accused of sexual harassment like Toby Turner and James Deen
>>
>>82217586
Oh /r9k/
>>
>>82225818
>namecalling
>>
>>82226448
Morrison get outta here , I'm expecting great thing sfrom Heavy Metal and you can't do it if you're shitposting on /co/
>>
File: 1456360297139.gif (862 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
1456360297139.gif
862 KB, 375x304
Nice to see threads like this prove this image 100% correct.

Give Berganza due process and not the SJW kangaroo court. Also Bond was clearly fired for a good reason if she was not deemed worth while to keep in the first place and these accusations magically pop up.
>>
>>82226625
This Berganza shit started long before Bond, and some of that shit even happened in public.
>>
>>82226625
At least pretend to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>82226521
>Toby Turner
>handsome
He looks like a goblin
>>
File: 1347949171469.png (149 KB, 442x314) Image search: [Google]
1347949171469.png
149 KB, 442x314
>>82226625
>not the red nose one
>>
>>82226650
It hasn't happened in years though. They're not going to fire him over behavior they know about and reprimanded him over years ago that he hasn't repeated.
>>
>>82227028
>he hasn't repeated
Unless the accusations are true.
>>
>>82227107
Nothing anyone's talking about involves an incident that happened in the past few years.
>>
>>82227028
It hasn't happened publically in years because they basically banned him from interacting with the public, why do you believe he would magically stop? Also even if nothing has happened since, leaving him still essentially a boss - though a less powerful boss - doesn't reflect well on your company.
>>
>>82227134
Well, they won't LET him interact with women anymore so I mean, that's probably why there have been no more incidents.
>>
>>82227190
Well he's been editing Wonder Woman so clearly he knows not to mess with Finch's wife He also edits the Poison Ivy mini and I haven't seen Amy Chu say anything negative about him.
>>
>>82227284
Yes, he's been having female writers and artists work under him, but you also have to remember that those people don't interact with group editors on a daily basis.
>>
>>82227331
Editors interact with group editors regularly because they have an actual office, and then artists and writers are like all over the country and deliver their work online and they come in periodically right?
>>
>>82226448

Wait. Is that scene implying that Berganza needs a talk from WW? Thats certainly him in the corner.
>>
>>82221551
do they provide any evidence? First-hand testimony? Reputable sources?
>>
>>82227284
>Well he's been editing Wonder Woman so clearly he knows not to mess with Finch's wife He also edits the Poison Ivy mini and I haven't seen Amy Chu say anything negative about him.

she said bad things abou thim. she said that posion ivy #4 took inspiration on him. in th eissue poison ivy take revenge on a sxual harasser
>>
>>82227629
Sounds like a misinterpretation on your part.
>>
>>82227629
Sauce
>>
Is /pol/ here yet to defend this scumbag?
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 600x585
Eddie sounds minor league to me
>>
>>82227629
I need I source on that one,m
>>
>>82227677
>presumption of innocence and criticism of kangaroo courts is /pol/ now
>>
>inb4 another case of a fat cunt with dyed hair who he said hello too and she took it as sexual harassment
>>
>>82227629
Google says you're full of shit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.