[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hanna Barbera tried to make The Blackstones a spinoff of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: The-Blakstones-Title-Card.jpg (301 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
The-Blakstones-Title-Card.jpg
301 KB, 500x406
Hanna Barbera tried to make The Blackstones a spinoff of the Flintstones.

Could it have worked?
>>
>>82063880
Armadillo looks cute.

I imagine it'd probably be something considered horribly racist by today's standards but ultimately probably just an animated ripoff of Good Times and other Black shows from the 70s.
>>
PUDDIN

POPS
>>
Name is too on the nose but it looks interesting.
>>
>That mother
T H I C K
H
I
C
K
>>
>>82063951
I feel like Rickety Rocket is considered worse than Fat Albert, even if a lot of the same basic criticisms could be applied to both.
>>
File: farshar.png (352 KB, 471x474) Image search: [Google]
farshar.png
352 KB, 471x474
Why do people attempt shit like this.

Doesn't it essentially just say "We are so different from you, you need your own show or you can never relate"
>>
>>82063880
I'm guessing this one takes place in the 1970s
>>
WE
>>
SUCK
>>
PUDDIN
>>
>>82063880
It will be as successful as the Cleveland Show.
>>
>>82064098
>Rickety Rocket
I was the 70s and written by a guy White guy who grew up in the 30s. Yes he thought that
>>
>>82064061
It's the nigger lips on the rocket...also probably the fact that Bill "Mr. Sandman" Cosby was a big part of Fat Albert whereas Rickety Rocket doesn't have a known black face attached to it, if any.
>>82064098
>>82064192
It's not like we don't think that shit now. I mean taken to its ultimate conclusion yes that's what it means but people want to "see themselves" in a product. Even if you can relate to other products which they do, a lot of people will gravitate to something they feel represents them. I forget who said it, if it was Chris Rock or whoever, but he said that's why a lot of these black acts do consistently well because they're selling out to black audiences who crave that shit. So it's natural that corporations will want to profit off that. Not even jumping to the conclusion of "YOU CAN ONLY WATCH WHAT LOOKS LIKE YOU" a company would be fools to not at least try to appeal to a lucrative audience if it doesn't actually hurt them.
>>
>>82063880
Literally "Ooga booga where the white women at?"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.