[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You get to reboot superboy from scratch, no canon baggage, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 328926-122639-superboy.jpg (25 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
328926-122639-superboy.jpg
25 KB, 400x341
You get to reboot superboy from scratch, no canon baggage, how would you do it? Clone? Clark as a boy? Multiverse? Clarks son/brother/cousin/nephew?
>>
>>82062094
Supes/Luthor clone from the beginning.
>>
>>82062155
Go back to bed, Geoff. That was always a terrible idea.
>>
>>82062224
Honestly it isn't the worst idea. I like the idea of Kal-el being the Last Kryptonian.

Of course, stuff like Kandor fucks that up anyway, but cloneSuperboy is far from the worst idea.

I like the idea of a juvvie delinquent hellion who was imprisoned in the Phantom Zone for decades, being put in there for an unjustifiably harsh 1 year sentence just before Krypton blew. And Clark discovers that there's a young teen in the Phantom Zone who should have been released but has been stuck for ages and feels guilty and goes into the PZ to get the boy out.

And of course at first the kid is a bastard who causes trouble, but eventually adapts to the idea that his home is gone and decides to hang around on Earth.
>>
>>82062094
Mr. Mxyztplk conjures up an image of how Clark would have been if he'd grown up on Krypton after hearing Clark bemoan that "Kryptonian teenagers would be much easier to handle back on Krypton" after dealing with superpowered Kara kicking up a teenage bitchfit.

So it's literally teenage Kal-El who has been yanked from his loving Krypton family, except he's not even real and has to deal with loss of identity after discovering he's a 5th dimensional projection of wishful thinking.
>>
I hate legacy/family superheroes, so definitely boy Clark.
>>
Bump for Superboy love
>>
File: CSATLOSH-Page-7.jpg (269 KB, 1673x643) Image search: [Google]
CSATLOSH-Page-7.jpg
269 KB, 1673x643
>>82062094
Clark as a boy gives us the Legion and Ma and Pa Kent stories, both are pluses.

Kara makes the whole Last Kryptonian thing moot unless you want to say Last Son, and as Anon points out >>82062372, there's Kandor (plus whomever the fuck is currently in the Phantom Zone).

I'm not adverse to Kon being other dimensional (ala Power Girl). And from there, he could be a clone.

But Luthor - FUCK NO.
>>
>>82062094
Keep everything the same. Just re-release the 90s series.
>>
Son of Superman and Lois from a destroyed parallel Earth.
>>
>>82063595
Or maybe kill Kara and make Kara the daughter of Superman and Lois of a destroyed parallel Earth.

Superman remains the last son of Krypton and we get a hybrid Kara/Superboy.
>>
>>82063610
Fight against the mega threat. Mega threat destroys earth and Superman just has time to send Kara to the PZ but the explosion combined with the PZ sends Kara to Earth 0.
>>
>>82063610
A clone of Superman and Mercy Graves! It's genius!
>>
Teenaged Clark brought to the future, creating a splinter timeline.
>>
I miss the old pre52 superboy. Starting out as some hothead wannabe who eventually calms down and becomes pretty damn caring for his friends and family.

The Ravager/Superboy ship in the last issue of the Teen Titans before the reboot was kinda weird though. I was a fan of the forbidden love between him and Lex's Niece who's name I completely forgot.
>>
This thread reminds me of how much I want to see the whole thing scrubbed and redone so that Superman is literally the last Kryptonian aside from some Phantom Zone folks that are for all intents and purposes not even in this dimension anymore.

You want a Superboy or a Supergirl? Fine. Clones. Magical doppelgangers. Daxamites. Anything but more Kryptonians.

I'd make Kandor an actual Kryptonian city except that its population vanished long ago and so it's this ghost town remnant of the world Clark never got to experience.
>>
I honestly like the idea of Superboy as a byproduct of Clark and Lois. Raising him like how his parents raised him.

And paring him with Damien as Super Shota...
>>
>>82062372
That's stupid.
>>
>>82062094
I want superman to be the last kryptonian, so no supergirl.
Superboy should be a luthor/kal clone. And a bit weaker than superman.
>>
>>82062094
Son of Earth-3 Superman and Wonder Woman who is raised by Superman and Lois.
>>
>>82064343
His tagline is "Last son of Krypton" not Last Krytonian. So Supergirl being from there still works.
>>
>>82062094
Jor-El secretly hated his wife and built a rocket so he could go to Earth with his son. Seeing that he had cool powers when he arrived he abandoned his kid with some rubes and fucked about for the next twenty to thirty years. He then suffered a Mid-life crises and decided to he wanted to hang out with Clark, so he dresses all cool like the kids and declared himself Superboy.

(Note he looks exactly like the picture but he's actually in his 50's, he's also a manlet.)
>>
>>82062224
Fuck off, it was one of the best things about him.
>>
>>82064420
It works even if there are more Kryptonians. He is literally the last child to be born on Krypton. So regardless he will always be the last son of Krypton because it doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>82062155
Make it more interesting and make him an Ultraman/Superman/Lex clone.
>>
16 years ago a young naive Farm boy from Smallville, Gets seduced and taken advantage of by a woman his first time in Metropolis.Ashamed and taken advantage of he leaves and never speaks to the woman again. Figuring that he is Kryptonian that there is no fear of pregnancy, but he is wrong. She gives birth to a son named Conner who grows up shows strange powers but she does not know why. When Clark's identity was revealed she realizes that the man she slept with was indeed Superman. She gets very sick and on her death bed she confess to her Son that his father is Superman. Superboy finds his father and tells him showing him a picture of his mother and he realizes he is indeed this boys father. Superboy has a lot of hate towards his father seeing him as a dead beat dad who never cared about his mother and who in the end didn't even know she died (even rejecting the name Superboy). Clark has a lot of guilt towards the boys as he let him grow up with out a father even though he did not know he existed.
>>
>>82063318
I want to read this one. what's the name of the issue?
>>
Clark's ship in the Fortress of Solitude doubles as a supercomputer for Clark. When Clark starts out one of the first things he asks it is to make him something that will help protect the world. It does nothing, and Clark thinks it is busted. Clark doesn't revisit that room for many years since the computer doesn't work and in that time the ship has taken Clark's DNA from the FoS and combined it with Kryptonian data. Clark comes home one day and finds someone skulking about. He finds Superboy, but treats him as a little brother than a son.
>>
I would have Superboy be the hidden prince of Amazonia, cast out to protect his life at a young age, he grew up in the human world as an orphan., He recently met his big sister, Diana, and is coming to terms with his new identity as a royal prince, being 15, and all the ladies of Amazonia hunting him down, for bot dangerous and sexy reasons.
>>
>>82062094
Superman just barely saves some 10 year old kid but the kid was paralyzed in the accident. Super man goes out of his way to visit him every now and then, you know because it's Supes and partially he feels guilty about not being able to do more to help. The kid becomes this HUGE Superman fan over the years. Enter some villain doctor, maybe Lex. He offers some experimental procedure that's meant to help the boy walk again and it does. But it also gives him powers that mimic Superman. I'm thinking Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. That's what the procedure did to him. So the boy with the best intentions just goes out and starts being a super hero to help people like Supes helped him. And things go great for awhile, he helps people he becomes Superboy, He hangs out with the titans and Supes and Supergirl. Now the doctor hasn't been waiting all this time for Superboy to get in close with these heroes to make him betray them. WHat he's done is use the technology implants/nanomachines...whatever. to monitor Superboys every move and record data on his surroundings. The docotor/ villain then starts using this access he's gained to thwart heroes give other villains their HQ location and get personal files and technology. It becomes pretty clear they have a leak and then you go into the whole mistrust of Superboy thing except he has no idea it's him so he swears his innocense and is devastated Superman doesn't trust him and goes off to prove his innocence. This leads him back to the doctor for a final confrontation and of course the doctor has some kill switch but ultimately with some help he prevails gets his powers back and goes on to be Superboy once again.
>>
>>82064741
Sounds like Red Arrow in Young Justice
>>
Ultraman's son from Earth 3
>>
>>82064309
And your idea is truly scintillating.
>>
One in a series of attempted clonings of Superman. Like bizarro before him he escapes and tries to be a hero. He's not as uncooked as Bizzy, but as a trade off, his only power is a flight field that he can use to imitate Superman's physical powers, or pretend to be Terry Bogard.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.