[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in all honesty...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17
....Who's excited for the Ratchet and Clank Movie?
>>
>zootopia more than likely built an audience for this movie
>even more furries in a near future
I don't
>>
I'm always excited for more Captain Qwark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rBlHUF5KHA
>>
This thing is going to bomb so hard, it's almost depressing.
>>
>>82055811
Ratchet's really the only one. Most of each galaxy consists of technicolor aliens, space humans, and a fuckton of robots.
>>
File: Elaris-ratchet-and-clank.png (588 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
Elaris-ratchet-and-clank.png
588 KB, 1024x429
>>82055731
The original's funnier desu
>>
>>82055731
If the new game is anything to go by, the movie will be decent.
>>
>>82055811
Aliens=/=Furries
>>
As a long time fan of the series, I cant help but feel a tad disappointed by how it all shifted from T to E, but I can think of worse things I suppose. At least the new game is solid
>>
>>82057125

It was only T because of bullshit with the ESRB regarding the first game.
>>
>>82055731
Excited isn't necessarily the word I'm using

But i am really hopeful. I want it to be good. I'm just being cautious. Looks like a lot of the edginess is gone from the humor. Which is fine on some level, the first game was a bit much. But I want like Up Your Arsenal level humor, which I doubt we will get.

But who knows
>>
>>82057187
I dont know, I feel like a small bit of its charm was gone in the future series. Still good though
>>
>>82057278
I think my biggest problem with the future series is for some reason Ratchet gets a lot less lines than he did in the original trilogy. I couldn't understand why. I mean part of it in Tools of Destruction was all the unvoiced dialogue choices, for whatever reason they went with that.

But even in Crack in Time he didn't talk all that much compared to the first 4 games.
>>
>>82057278

That's more to do with the writing changing to a more story driven narrative than just "Here's the bad guy, Ratchet and Clank go planet hopping before kicking butt"
>>
>>82057267
From looking a a little of the game it seems like they still lean into " corporation's product is incredibly dangerous, but they don't really care about you" humor that I loved in the early games

Also Qwark is a full on ass which is good
>>
I like Dr Nefarious but I cant help be feel hes overexposed in this series. Hell what they do to Chairmen Drek in this game (and I assume in the movie) is just criminal.
>>
>>82057436

To be fair, Drek was never that great a character. He had some fun lines and scenes, but wasn't nearly as memorable as Qwark and Nefarious.

Still, it is true that Nefarious is pretty much becoming overused.
>>
>>82055731
Don't know what to think. It has things I don't like, like Ratchet NOT being an asshole (and being a bland fuck), Nefarious in a story he does not belong, Future weapons instead of R&C1 weapons, and some minor tidbits.
>>
I genuinely hope it's good. I loved the vidya back on the PS2.
>>
>>82057554
Well Ratchet was too much of an asshole. He just wasn't very likeable at all in the first game. Its part of why they got a different VA starting with Going Commando
>>
File: Shellshock.png (582 KB, 807x964) Image search: [Google]
Shellshock.png
582 KB, 807x964
I like how theyre pulling nearly everything from different games and mashing it together. I just love recognizing certain weapons and references sprinkled here and there among side characters. When the hell are we getting a HD makeover for Shellshock, Reactor, or Courtney Gears?
>>
>>82057623
I'm sure Courtney gears might have an appearance at some point.

Though is she too dated a reference at this point?
>>
>>82057613
Yeah on that Uselesspodcast channel run by some Insomnia guys they mentioned that they weren't fans of Ratchet's attitude in the first game.

It's a really cool channel, they have LP's of the first three games that work like director commentary
>>
>>82057554

he wasn't that much of an asshole, just carefree and too excitable about doing his own thing now that he could soar the stars. After beating down Qwark and realizing his world was in danger, he lightened up and that was about it.
>>
>>82056161
This. The advertising budget is practically non-existent.

The only advertisement I've seen for it besides the trailers was a TV commercial that didn't even HAVE Ratchet or Clank in it. How the fuck do you advertise a film based on a popular video game series without showing any characters actually from the video game?
>>
>>82055731
Has Sony even been advertising this? I've bearly seen anything about it
>>
>>82057655
Eh the joke was never really that crucial anyway. You can still work with an evil robotic pop star.
>>
Holy hell I just looked up the cast for this
>John Goodman
>Paul Giamatti
>Sylvester Stallone
>Rosario Dawson
>>
>>82057720
I guess I was just saying they would probably want to choose a more current pop star since Britney Spears is kinda by the by
>>
>>82055731
What do you guys think, will it bomb harder than Delgo?
>>
>>82055731
Already watched a LP of the game, that's basically the whole movie right there, so no.
>>
>>82057714
I've been seeing a decent amount of advertising, strangely enough. Mostly on CN and Disney XD.
>>
>>82057827
What like Riley Circuits? Pass. I dont think its that big of a deal for a side character
>>
>>82057827
Britney still has plenty of name recognition. It's not like they named her after Christina Aguilera or something. She has icon status that makes her an easy pop diva pastiche, I don't think it would date the movie any more than if she was named after Madonna.
>>
>>82057714

It's not another Uncharted sequel, so I doubt it.
>>
I think it will be a great movie, but I don't think it will do well. Which is sad, because this is like one of my favorite game series. Still gonna love the movie, though.
>>
>>82057678
That's the same way I'm thinking, but I wanted to summarize it in one word.

Apparently, flaws people are bad protagonists, and everyone must start already very very good, otherwise the audiences will run away from the cinema.
>>
>>82057813
>>
>>82057678
He was a pretty big asshole.
He was a jerk to everyone. A HUGE jerk to clank for about a third of the game. And then its only when he gets his revenge on Quark that hes like "Hey lets be friends again"
>>
>>82058102

I wouldn't say Ratchet has been flawless, he just doesn't get any true closure or depth to his arcs.

Future Ratchet is clearly weary of heroism, but feels that it's his duty because the "real hero" is a fucking moron who can't save anyone. And what he's lacking in closure is finally reconnecting with his people, which they've cock-teased for like 3 games.

Reboot Ratchet has some flaws like being reckless and stubborn, and they do show he's upset when he makes a big mistake. The problem with this Ratchet is that it's kind of resolved too fast. Of course, I'd blame that on them matching up to the film (which of course has to wrap up things quickly) rather than let it persist for a while so he can experience more emotions than just remorse.
>>
>>82058197
I wanted to see more of weary Ratchet. Though I guess they kinda resolved that in the comic series. Kinda?

Really he was retired for the start of All 4 One then at the end he was just back in business.

But yeah, I wanted to see more of retired Ratchet
>>
>>82058134

He wasn't an asshole to everyone, he was just snarky. And that's something he still is, just less abrasive about it.
>>
File: the-le12.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
the-le12.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>>82057813
Luckily they're all in supporting roles and Insomniac didn't sell out the main VAs from the game for more famous people.
>>
>>82058239

Sort of. The comic just has him stop that councilor guy or whatever, and I think he kind of says something like "I'll help save the day when needed, but I really want to move on."

I just want to see him meet his people and either bring them back into their original dimension, or at least get some closure about his homesickness.
>>
So who should be the sequel villain?
>Thugs 4 Less
>Gleeman Vox
>Neftin and Vendra
>Emperor Tachyon
>Lord Vorsolon
>Captain Slag
>A new character?
>>
>>82058339
Yeah.
I also wanna see him get with Angela but thats definitely secondary to the lombaxes
>>
>>82055731
I bet it'll be fun. Probably nothing that great but still fun.
>>
>>82058343
>Thugs 4 Less

> If it ain't broke, we'll break it
>>
>>82058343
Is there any reason they can't go straight to Up Your Arsenal? I mean since Quark isn't gonna be a villain anymore, what would even happen in Going Commando?
>>
>>82058442
i don't think you quite get how reboots work
>>
File: Talwyn.jpg (117 KB, 800x1128) Image search: [Google]
Talwyn.jpg
117 KB, 800x1128
>>82058410

Angela is wherever Talwyn's dad is (presumed to be where the Lombaxes are), and it seems like Talwyn is the winner of the Ratchet bowl given how much focus she's getting. Though they did bring back the chick from the third game for some clash of the love interests, but never took it too far.

>>82058343

I'd be fine with a new villain, with maybe Slag and the Thugs being the henchmen/secondary threat.

And that applies to both another reboot game and a continuation. I loved Nefarious, but he should have died in CiT like they originally implied.
>>
>>82058442
Well Megacorp itself did some shady shit even Quark wasnt in charge. But given the liberties this one does, you could do anything from creating a new villain to actually turning Fizwidget into a villain
>>
>>82058515
I meant Talwyn, not Angela
>>
>>82056276
all it needs its a Brazzers logo
>>
>>82058343
If they're gonna make a sequel, just do UYA with Nefarious. Then TOD with Captain Slag and Tachyon.

Slag and Rusty Pete are the best villains in the series, I think.
>>
File: 1454774256647.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454774256647.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>82055731
I am, for the possibilities it could provide. If it succeeds, it might convince other game studios to try and make their own films of their IPs rather than pawing it off to some Hollywood studio who will inevitably fuck it up.

Or maybe even expand to just make movies as well as games, like some studios should(Blizzard)

>mfw Blizzard makes a full length movie of Overwatch
>>
>>82058442
>>82058543

I could see them merging the Proto-Pet plot with UYA's.

>Nefarious uses an alias and "helps" accelerate the Proto-Pet's production, but retains the flaws and aggression Qwark/Fizwidget was pretending to not notice
>Unleashes the pets and then roboticizes them to create an army of dangerous, but really cute looking, minions of terror that every planet in the galaxy has just purchased.
>>
>>82055731
I haven't really kept up with it all even though I loved the early games as a kid but if it gets good buzz I'll see it and if it doesn't I'll just torrent it first. Maybe I'll be more excited once I see some more promoti-
>release is in eight days
For fuck's sake, Sony.
>>
>>82058666

I'm with Satan on this one. Though it's more to do with the possibility of Rainmaker getting funds so they can do the ReBoot "reboot" without any trouble.
>>
File: GalacticBrazzers.png (457 KB, 942x429) Image search: [Google]
GalacticBrazzers.png
457 KB, 942x429
>>82058615
You're welcome
>>
>>82058343
Neftin made a cameo, so we should expect him sometime.

If they plan on exploring Ratchet and Clank's lore,I can definitely see Tachyon in the future.
>>
>>82058666
Shit, i do wish Blizzard would just do movies. Their animation is top notch
>>
>>82058727
You're more than alright, anon.
>>
>>82055731
Wait I just realized Sylvester Stallone is in this.

Who does he voice?
>>
File: 1314745118463.jpg (36 KB, 435x348) Image search: [Google]
1314745118463.jpg
36 KB, 435x348
>Latinofag
>Has to deal with the movie only being shown in spanish.

I wish people would just bring movies in both languages, but nope, all animation is for children and children can't rea!
>>
File: 9ae.gif (1 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
9ae.gif
1 MB, 250x188
>>82058666
>full length movie of Overwatch
>>
>>82058837
He voices Drek's enforcer Victor Von Iron
>>
>>82058837

Victor Von Ion, a robot working for Drek that basically acts as Clank's nemesis.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>82058857
>full length movie of Overwatch

Overwatch is fucking garbage
>>
On a related note, how many people here actually like Deadlocked? Its actually my favorite game in the series to play over and over again, and I really enjoyed the mission style gameplay
>>
>>82058957

Never played it, though I heard it was solid. But I skipped mostly because it wasn't going to be a proper game like the first 3.
>>
File: 1336885808640.jpg (34 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
1336885808640.jpg
34 KB, 640x475
>>82058849
I know the feel

>Movie is gonna bomb everywhere but US because of the voices.
>No country wants to bring the english version to their respective places.
>Won't be able to get the english version until months after when a decent rip comes out online
>Want to supporting the movie but can't bear to go watch a shitty dub
>mfw
>>
File: YES.jpg (85 KB, 424x736) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
85 KB, 424x736
>More Qwark
Yes PLEASE
>>
>>82059040

Why would none of the countries want the English dub?
>>
>>82059062
Wish granted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUCNU_3_Bqk
>>
File: latest.jpg (56 KB, 1101x518) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
56 KB, 1101x518
>>82059040
It will probably do well in Japan because of the Japanified character's popularity.

>Don't ask about the eyebrows
>>
>>82059078
Because a lot of places have the mentality that only kids go see animation. So they don't bother bringing subtitled movies like this.

The movie would have probably been received way better in France if they had an alternative other than the atrocious dub, but they didn't by their own distributor's choice.
>>
>>82059122

Or just have gotten better actors.
>>
>Nothing said yet pertaining to whether Japanese Ratchet will have his big, bushy black eyebrows.
I can deal with them setting up Nefarious as the primary antagonist for potential sequels if it means we get silly eyebrow Ratchet.
>>
>>82058957
I like it if for no other reason than you can play the whole game coop.
>>
File: amaraobrows.gif (559 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
amaraobrows.gif
559 KB, 500x375
>>82059119

What about eyebrows?
>>
>>82059241
Don't ask why they're there.
>>
File: GalacticBrazzers2.png (167 KB, 540x247) Image search: [Google]
GalacticBrazzers2.png
167 KB, 540x247
>>82058727
>>82058808
......I couldn't help myself....
>>
File: 1227429331205.jpg (120 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1227429331205.jpg
120 KB, 1024x819
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.