[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a thing. Why is this a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: RCO002.jpg (2 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO002.jpg
2 MB, 1987x3056
This is a thing.

Why is this a thing?
>>
Because you have to re-design/re-invent something for it to sell. It's like you don't know about the change that the Flash got from Jay Garrick to Barry Allen, or the change that GL got from Alan Scott to Hal Jordan
>>
>>82047480
scooby doo has a scouter that does emoticons now fuck you
>>
>>82047523
Yeah and The Flash went from magic to scientific.

The premise is the same "The gang go out to solve mysteries", the characters are the same (Velma, Daphne, Fred, Shaggy, Sccoby). The only thing that changed is the appearance, and cosmetics. Big deal. Stop crying about it
>>
>>82047276
Because scooby doo has always been a lame fucking cartoon and i guess they felt like it could do with a comic that reenvisions it.
>>
>>82047646
But Mystery Inc exists and was actually really good.
>>
>>82047276
>I don't know who Giffen/Dematteis are
Kill all casuals
>>
>>82047657
Well hey, you can go enjoy mystery incs 50 some odd episodes and don't read this comic. Or do. What does it matter?

But it isn't like scooby doo is this sacred cow of cartoon perfection that has in all its incarnations upheld these great creative and artistic standards. It's had metric tons of dumb shit. This will either be some dumb shit or with a roll of the dice maybe not dumb shit.
>>
>>82047276
Because turning Archie into a Stephen King zombie apo story worked...and now these faggots think they can do the same just with worse designs.
I like Giffen and DeMatteis so i'm going to try it thou.
>>
>>82047276
Literally everyone on this board loved JL 3000, why are they hating on the team now?
>>
>>82047276
All I care about is the use of the word "apocalypse", which is dumb, potential use of zombies, which is dumber, and Velma being a child, which is fucking infuriating.
Everything else seems fine. It's not like it's gonna be definitive.
>>
>>82047276
When Mystery Incorporated ended, you complained that Scooby-Doo would never do anything that serious again. Well, you got your fucking wish. Serious Scooby is back.
>>
File: SDOTU_Cv11.jpg?1429639705.jpg (364 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
SDOTU_Cv11.jpg?1429639705.jpg
364 KB, 791x1200
Because satire can be fun

You can buy the main Scooby Doo books instead if you want. They are not going anywhere. July solicits:

SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #11
Written by SHOLLY FISCH
Art and cover by DARIO BRIZUELA
On sale JULY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E
When peace talks between two rival nations are threatened, the call goes out to the ultra-top-secret International Sneaky Service’s number one agent: Secret Squirrel! And since the thing threatening the talks is a medieval ghost, the call also goes out to the not-so-secret Scooby gang!

SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #59
Written by GEORGIA BALL
Art and cover by WALTER CARZON and HORACIO OTTOLINI
On sale JULY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E
What do you do when you’re on an island with a terrible monster that has hissing snakes for hair and one look at her could turn you into stone?! Well, in Shaggy and Scooby’s case, you run as fast as you can with your eyes closed, and hope you don’t fall into the ocean!
>>
>>82047276
Honestly my one sore point is that fred and Fairchild from gen13 have what looks like some kinda high tech weaponry. Though fred could just have a pair of fucking hair dryers or some shit.

Like you wanna redo scooby doo with goofy sci fi gadgets and make shaggy the hippie stoner people all assumed he was anyway...cool do it up. But i dunno it'd be kinda fucked up to have them blasting shit. They aren't ghostbusters. The only way those guns make sense is if they increase speed or open doorways to allow them to more effectively run away. cos thats how they deal with dangerous confrontations.
>>
File: SDOWAY_Cv59.jpg?1429639710.jpg (366 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
SDOWAY_Cv59.jpg?1429639710.jpg
366 KB, 791x1200
>>82047845
>>
>>82047276
Better than Be Cool, Scooby-Doo/10
>>
>>82047813
Because the people who loved JL3000 are the people who actually read comics, not /tv/ or cartoonfags
>>
>>82047276
Giffen is writing, it can't be that bad.
>>
>>82047813
Because NOT MUH SCOOB

Also maybe because of Jim Lee, which is a slightly more valid complaint.
>>
File: GiffenDeMatteis.jpg (65 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
GiffenDeMatteis.jpg
65 KB, 600x525
>>82047276
Does nobody realize this is a parody of gritty reboots? That it's supposed to be stupid?

Have none of you heard of Giffen/DeMatteis?
>>
>>82048594
For me it's just the Jim Lee designs. I'm pumped for Porter on interiors.
>>
yo did this release?
>>
>>82049234
No, it's in May.
>>
>>82048647
I hate that they are so old.
>>
>>82050013
Don't worry, Giffen has cheated death once before.
>>
File: 1397080034730.jpg (50 KB, 536x241) Image search: [Google]
1397080034730.jpg
50 KB, 536x241
>>82050013
>tfw you remember Keith Giffen has already died once
>>
>>82048647
Giffen's Booster, Dematties is Beetle

Right?
>>
>>82050041
>>82050058
When did that happen?
>>
>>82050103
>Giffen: Yes, he's an extraordinarily nice guy. And his art is just …. considering his career was considered to be over by most people. "Oh, he hurt his hand!" and all that. Talk about roaring back! It's funny, half of the fans out there claim that they know comics, but I think most of them don't know that Howard had that hand injury. I know for a fact, most of the fans don't know I died three years ago.

>Nrama: Wait, what? You didn't tell fans that your heart stopped, Keith!

>Giffen: Why should I?

>Nrama: It would explain some of the creative shuffling that was done a couple years ago. Is this on the record now?

>Giffen: Yep, you can put that on the record. "Keith Giffen: Back from the dead!" My concern back then – and DC was good about this; nobody leaked it. Dan DiDio knew; DC knew. Nobody said a word. I didn't want to be — and you know the fans will do this — if this leaked out or I announced it, there would be about five minutes of heat and then people would forget it, but I was concerned that my work would be judged on Keith before, and Keith after. I've got a nice body of work now, so I think people can see, yeah, he's still doing s**t. [Laughs.] I didn't want to give anybody a reason to say, hmmm, he's not the same guy. I mean, in a way, I'm not. But I think it's in a good way.

http://www.newsarama.com/22168-keith-giffen-s-back-from-the-dead-literally-having-fun-on-justice-league-3000.html
>>
>>82047276

Is it just me or does Velma look like an ayy lmao? Her proportions seem all kinds of fucked
>>
>>82050095
Sounds about right, except Giffen isn't so much a gloryhound.
>>
>>82050163
>>82050170
Crazy.
>>
File: sylvester coffee (2).png (470 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
sylvester coffee (2).png
470 KB, 640x464
>>82050163
damn

>God almost took g&d away
>>
>>82047588
Anon. Stop trying to justify the goddamned emoji scouter.

I bet you love Jim Lee too. Keep eating shit.
>>
>>82050300
I like imagine Giffen just slipped the Grim Reaper a $20 and he looked the other way.
>>
>>82050388
I am not defending the scouter. I am just saying that this new take it's fine since Scooby-Doo it's known for retakes of the franchise. Everyones is acting outraged and shit when we haven't seen shit about the comic in itself. Calm down
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.