[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was retconning MCU Hydra into an Inhuman death cult a good change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 20
File: Red_Skull_full.jpg (16 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Red_Skull_full.jpg
16 KB, 500x333
Was retconning MCU Hydra into an Inhuman death cult a good change or midi-chlorians level stupid?
>>
>>82045064
Doesn't matter, Hydra is shit anyway. What they did to A.I.M pisses me off way more.
>>
>>82045064
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>82045064
>Was retconning MCU Hydra into an Inhuman death cult
What?
>>
>>82045182
>>82045213
Agents of SHIELD made Hydra a centuries-old organization worshipping an Inhuman.
>>
>>82045142

A.I.M has literally only ever been mentioned, I wouldn't even count that really. There was only Killian and like 5 guys really.
>>
>>82045241
I see, well the MCU is iffy whatever the tv shows are canon or not.

But if it is canon then it's midi-chlorians level stupid.
>>
>>82045064
>>82045213
>>82045241
>>82045308
>Was retconning MCU Hydra into something closer than what it is in the comics a good idea?
There, FTFY
Also, yes, yes it was
>>
>>82045588
Why do I get the felling that Hickman is behind this?
>>
>>82045064
AoS is semi canon, meaning what happens on the show means jack for the movies
>>
AoS is non-canon
>>
>>82045806
Nice meme
>>
>>82045064
Pretty stupid, but otherwise a good story.

I wish they had just introduced a new group instead of retconning Hydra.
>>
>>82045699
>>82045806
Fuck off Whedon
AoS is better than Age of Quiptron
>>
>>82045241
Hydra, one beast, many heads? Right?

The Head of Hydra responsible for destroying SHIELD in TWS, under Whitehall and Strucker, and others in TWS/Agents of SHIELD/AoU was mainly focused on science, espionage, and weaponry.

By Season 3.5, Malik's Head was the only one not destroyed, and his branch was primarily focused on occultism and mysticism, not like Whitehall, the Red Skull, or Pierce.

That branch is the one that is still focused on the ancient traditions of worshipping their Old God, Alveus, not the rest of Hydra. The episode from a week ago made it clear there were differing agendas in Hydra even before TWS.
>>
>>82045241
>Agents of SHIELD made a small faction within Hydra into a centuries-old organization worshipping an Inhuman.

FTFY. Do you even watch the show?
>>
Whenon was the only one peddling that line of bullshit and his ass was booted from Marvel long ago.

AoS is as canon as they come.
>>
>>82045806
>>82045875
>>82046003
It's non-canon until the movies outright mention something in the show. Like if in the Thor movies, Sif let's slip that Coulson ain't dead, or if if the Inhuman movies the Royal Family makes mention of all the bullshit that happened with Afterlife (which I hope they do, if only so they can demonstrate why Atillian is better, or why they think it's better).
>>
The movies don't need to outright saw mention something from AoS to make it canon.

I mean, I wish they would, but they don't have to do that in order for the events of SHIELD to be canon.
>>
>>82045064
Hydra will always be pussified nazis too neutered to wear the swastika. Marvel/Disney didn't want to piss off Germans and their local law that forbid nazi symbols.
>>
>>82046028
>By Season 3.5, Malik's Head was the only one not destroyed, and his branch was primarily focused on occultism and mysticism, not like Whitehall, the Red Skull, or Pierce.

>Red Skull
>The dude who based his entire world conquereing scheme off Norse mythology weapons
>not focused on mysticism
>>
>>82045064
Marvel's refusal to acknowledge Nazis is as frustrating as their refusal to acknowledge magic.
>>
>>82046003
I thought Whedon was behind AoS
>>
>>82046364
Whedon is behind AoS. He's a cool guy. Jed Whedon.

Joss Whedon is the faggot responsible for AoU and making some nonsense remarks about Coulson and SHIELD that mean nothing.
>>
>>82045241
>MCU
>AoS

pick one
>>
>>82045064
Well, it explains what was up with the slogan about regrowing heads back in the era of the Red Skull. Why would their thing be "we always come back" if they were a new organization with their original head?
>>
>>82045064
Its more interesting than Nazis, that's for sure
>>
I've been trying to watch AoS

So far mid season 2 and it remains almost unwatchable.

Skye is by far the most unlikable char in the entire show
>>
Exactly.
Plus eventually fighting the same derivative of Hydra over and over and over again starts to get boring. At least Hive's branch is something new----it's more of a growing cult of personality at this point than Pierce's or Strucker's Hydra.
>>
>>82046621
>Watching Season 2
>Calling Skye unlikable

Spot the liar.
>>
>>82045249
>There was only Killian and like 5 guys really
Exactly why it pissed me off. Why mention A.I.M and only show a couple of guys?
>>
File: ugh.png (420 KB, 444x540) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
420 KB, 444x540
>>82046658
Im at the episode after she just got powers

>constantly gives gives shit to coulson like she is in charge
>no business being in the terrigenesis chamber because she knows that exactly what her dad wanted so she gets discount Antony Mackie killed
>Letting the brain damaged guy lie for her just so she can further endanger whats left of SHIELD
>now they made her Daisy Johnson and raped the MU char to be like her too

how can people like that?
>>
>>82045641
Because he absolutely is behind it.

In fact, Agents of SHIELD is very loosely based on his Secret Warriors run. The main villain, and inhuman death god that HYDRA worships, is Hive, a Hickman creation.
>>
Wow, AoS is worse than I thought.
>>
>>82046127
>Tom King's Vision is non-canon unless Waid's ANAD Avengers references it
>Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-man is non-canon unless Slott's Amazing Spider-man references it
>any good comic is non-canon unless they're referenced in an event comic
This is what you sound like.
>>
File: Maveth_HYDRA_statue_2.png (338 KB, 587x587) Image search: [Google]
Maveth_HYDRA_statue_2.png
338 KB, 587x587
>>82046068
That's what I thought too, but why the fuck is there a giant Hydra logo statue on the planet? Didn't they also say the logo evolved from this cult's completely different logo? How the fuck does that make sense if there was an ancient logo statue on the fucking planet!
>>
>>82045064
I like it.
Fight me IRL
>>
>>82045806
AoS is more canon than any post-Civil War Marvel Studios movie.

A-canon:
>every Marvel Studios movie up to Civil War
>AoS
>Netflix shows

B-canon:
>post-Civil War Marvel Studios movies

C-canon:
>all those shitty MCU tie-in comics
>>
>>82046894
That was presumably created by Hive. Hive retains the memories of everyone he possesses. He's been possessing HYDRA agents for a thousand years or however long.

Presumably at some point, one of the sacrifices was sent over knowing the HYDRA logo.
>>
>>82045064
That was only one head. There are many
>>
>>82046621
>Skye
Daisy
>>
>>82045064
Hive is just another route to the same end goal. Herr Skull had his Tesseract, Daniel Whitehall had his Obelisk, and now we have Hive.

Ultimately the endgame is no different. Domination. Control. Power.

HAIL HYDRA.
>>
File: But that's wrong.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
But that's wrong.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>82046425
It's literally part of the MCU though.
>>
>>82046127
It's canon until the movies contradict it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Get off Hydra's back
>>
>>82046939
Are you counting Black Panther as "B-Canon" despite what the spoilers say?
>>
>>82046425
If AoS isn't MCU, then Daredevil isn't either, just saying.
>>
>>82046425
>Not in the MCU
>literally deals with the remifications of Winter Soldier and Thor II
>Entire first season built around finding out about what happened to Phil after the Avengers
>second season introduces Dr List, Sokovia, the obsession with super powers HYDRA had, talks about "the twins"
>Theta Protocol: a new Helicarier that Fury used in Age of Ultron
>Maria Hill and Nick Fury, played by their MCU actors, appear

On what possible grounds can you possibly consider AoS not canon?

Like... How?

Even taking into consideration an out of context quote that came from the brother of the show runner - Joss - who is now no longer in Marvel's employ...

How?
>>
File: CBR-New-Hydra-8e41d.jpg (88 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
CBR-New-Hydra-8e41d.jpg
88 KB, 630x354
>>82046028
>By Season 3.5, Malik's Head was the only one not destroyed, and his branch was primarily focused on occultism and mysticism, not like Whitehall, the Red Skull, or Pierce.
Not only that, but Agent Carter indicates that that branch of HYDRA, the one using this symbol, has been in the US since before World War II.
>>
>>82045064

You know, they could take Hive, Zemo, AI Zola (because AI's always survive), and introduce Madame Hydra and have a fairly interesting, hopefully non-expendable council for Hydra.

Sadly the Hydra horse has been ridden a bit far.
>>
>>82048201
>On what possible grounds can you possibly consider AoS not canon?

that its an utterly shitty garbage show
>>
>>82048238
Completely irrelevant to the argument. Also, no longer even true.
>>
>>82048238
If a chapter in a book isn't as good as the other chapters, it's still part of the story. Even if you don't like it.

AoS, regardless of your opinion IS canon.
>>
File: Alvis_by_joeadonis[1].jpg (285 KB, 537x597) Image search: [Google]
Alvis_by_joeadonis[1].jpg
285 KB, 537x597
>>82046028
>their old god, Alveus
the hardest man ever to slap iron. He killed for your sins.
>>
>>82047819
Literally nothing from the show has had any impact or reference into the movies.

It's meaningless in its impact to the plot.
It's basically an elseworlds.
>>
>>82045241
>Agents of SHIELD made Hydra a centuries-old organization worshipping an Inhuman.
But they pointed out that it's more than that. Some are with the old ways, some with the newer version of HYDRA that arose from science.
>>
>>82046939
>AoS is more canon than any post-Civil War Marvel Studios movie.
Wait, I'm out of the loop, how so?
>>
>>82048316
What about the Helicarrier in AoU? Coulson's responsible for that.
>>
>>82048316
>"I got this out from mothballs from an old friend."
- Nick Fury, Age Of Ultron, regarding the Helicarier. Salvaged and restored by Coulson as part of Theta Protocol in AoS

Try again.
>>
>>82048397
>Some are with the old ways, some with the newer version of HYDRA that arose from science.
So, I'm still a little unclear what the "newer HYDRA" wants for the world. A global fascist government? Rule by an AI like Zola? Red Skull believed a superhuman should rule the world, and sought to become one, and rule it. Pierce, Daniel Whitehall and Strucker? I still haven't figured them out.
>>
>>82046730
What did they do to AIM in Agents of Shield?
>>
>>82048591
We're talking about Iron Man 3
>>
>>82045241
>AoS
>>
>>82046251
1. Daisy Straightforwardly call Hydra Nazi
2. Magic is acknowledged (ln Avengers, Loki talk about Odin using Dark Magic).
>>
>>82048556
The death of the weak and unwilling to comply.

Not only to rule the world, but enrich it by surgically cutting out the cells that will not serve their greater purpose - HYDRA sees a secure, strong world that prospers under singular rule and absolute authority.

Hive was meant to bring this about by bringing together an inhuman army that HYDRA would use to destabilise any direct threat.

HAIL HYDRA.
>>
>>82045064
It's not a retcon, it was already established in the comic.
>>
>>82048614
I'm sure AIM is still around after IM3.

They're a legit company and most of them probably had nothing to do with Killian's Extremis/Mandarin project. so they probably just let a few AIM people get arrested, filed for bankruptcy, reorganized, and then went back to being a superscience defense contractor.
>>
>>82045064
I just presumed that over time the ideals were mixed so there would be various heads who all think the ultimate goal is something else
>>
>>82048717
I'm surprised they didn't use AIM in the Cybertech story line in season one.
>>
File: hydra.png (630 KB, 862x556) Image search: [Google]
hydra.png
630 KB, 862x556
>we'll never have the uber powerful hydra of the MU
>>
Which episodes does this take place in?
>>
>>82048238
Things aren't canon if they're shit? Fuck yes, goodbye thor movies
>>
>>82048776
We did, Captain America punched it to death in TWS.
>>
>>82048063
It's not. Compare pic related from Daredevil season 1 with my next post.
>>
>>82048880
He crashed HYDRA, with no survivors!
>>
>>82048904
>hundreds
>74
Pick one. In before damage control.
>>
>>82048927
I'm going with the theory that the casualties listed in Civil War are ones caused directly by actions from the Avengers.
Otherwise, the numbers in CW are stupidly small.
>>
>>82046028
Exactly, in fact, they even showed Whitehall calling that part of HYDRA stupid.
>>
So, does IGH really stand for Inhuman Growth Hormone?

Could the writers really have been able to bridge AoS and Netflix like that?
>>
>>82048971

Yeah. Right. It's just poor coordination between studio divisions.
>>
>>82048993
It already has bridged.

Same evil biker gang.

Micro knows Daisy.

Daisy and Matt went to the same orphanage.
>>
>>82048993
>>82049048

Oh and Absorbing Man.
>>
>>82048664
>Hive was meant to bring this about by bringing together an inhuman army that HYDRA would use to destabilise any direct threat.
I thought Malick said Whitehall wasn't in on his Hive stuff. I thought Whitehall's mission to cull humanity of the weak was centered around the Diviner, which he thought would cause an apocalypse-level event.
>>
>>82049066
Creel would be old as shit if he was fighting Matt's dad. I don't think that's the same Creel.
>>
>>82049048
>Micro knows Daisy.
Wait, Daisy said something about Micro? When?
>>
>>82046251
In the MCU, The Nazis were overpowered and replaced by Hydra very early on in the war. That's their explanation to why there's a lack of Nazi imagery.
>>
>>82049100
Creel is in his 40's.
>>
>People on /co/ then
"man, I wish they'd stop referring to the Avengers/Battle of New York! We get it! It's in the same universe!"

>People on /co/ now
"It's not canon."

It's nice the Internet let's people of all mental conditions express their opinions.
>>
>>82049118
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Micro
>>
>>82049048
>Daisy and Matt went to the same orphanage.

stop this meme
>>
>>82048987
>>82048311
>>82048214
>>82046209
>>82046028
This is right from the comics, there have been like, seven different HYDRAS since Steranko made them.
>>
>>82049040
Of course it is. People trying to rationalize the numbers is "Ruusan Reformation" level of rationalization.
>>
>>82049100
The actor's 37 in Agents of SHIELD. I think the fight was supposed to happen almost 20 years ago? They said the "much younger" Creel in Daredevil. Creel was probably 18.
>>
>>82049179
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Agnes_Orphanagehttp://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Agnes_Orphanage

You stop this meme.
>>
>>82049229
>matt felt her vibrations when she quivered
>matt took daisy's virginity
I bet there is fanfic of this
>>
>>82049275
>pairing best guy with worst girl
"no"
>>
File: I want off Ward's Wild Ride.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
I want off Ward's Wild Ride.webm
3 MB, 720x404
Man, based Ward has been carrying this show.
>>
>>82046790
Waifufags, anon. They have no reason, only boners.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 207x244
>>82048238
>>
>>82049048
>Daisy and Matt went to the same orphanage.
What is this, Final Fantasy 8?
>>
>>82046870
>>any good comic is non-canon unless they're referenced in an event comic
Given how many event comics are written by Bendis, they may as well.
>>
>>82049321
>daredevil
>best
Man clearly has issues
>Daisy
>worst
I concur!
>>
>>82049097
>>82048664
>>82048556
Yeah, Whitehall succeeded Pierce after the immediate fallout following The Winter Soldier. Since Hydra's continued existence was a very real and very publicized threat at that point, they had limited ways to hide in plain sight, and instead resorted to manufacturing weapons of mass destruction that could quickly depopulate the planet as well as using Inhumans as guinea pigs for research purposes.

When Malick played his hand in Season 3, it became less about Inhumans as guinea pigs, and more about stockpiling them as living weapons when Hydra controlled the ATCU. And after Alveus succeeded Malick in the past episode, Hydra's focus will likely now be about Inhuman supremacy with servile human thralls existing as labor and food for GodWard.

Each new head pretty much has it's own thing going for it.
>>
>>82049275
The actors are 9 years apart, so who knows if the Characters were supposed to be there at the same time. It's just an orphanage that exists in both stories.
>>
>>82049391
So when Hive dies, who will rise?
>>
>>82049229
at no point in daredevil does it canonically state that matt went to ST Agnes orphanage
>>
>>82049426
Are you a retard?
>>
>>82049421
The return of the Skull of course!

Or Zemo.
>>
>>82048297
well, for 'fictional universes' people love to try the "if it's shit it isn't canon" meme
>>
>>82049463
Can Marvel studios use Skrulls?
>>
>>82049391
The common threads seem to mostly be the idea of absolute rule, sometimes but not always by some powered being. All of them are contrary to the ideas of Freedom and democracy, and that's the consistent role they play.
>>
>>82048556
HYDRA like the US government or /co/ or any other organization, is a bunch of different assholes who all want different things.
>>
>>82048644
>>82046251

You are stupid
>>
>>82049490
As a race, but not THE Super-Skrull.
I'm curious if they can make generic Super-Skrulls with various Inhumans, like in Secret Invasion.
>>
>>82049448
Are you?
>>
I'm more upset that this season and last season has focused on inhumans.

I'm also upset that the Secret Warriors are ALL Inhumans instead of a mixed bag of people with different abilities with different origins.

Hellfire where
Phobos where
>>
>>82049421
Maybe no one. If what I've heard is true, and Zemo's not really HYDRA in Civil War, Hive my be the final form or HYDRA.
>Season 1 - Ward turns out to be HYDRA
>Season 2 - Ward ends up starting a new branch of HYDRA
>Season 3 - Ward IS HYDRA personified
Poetry.
>>
>>82049575
Once we introduce magic with Dr Strange, we can start adding magic guys.

Like Ghost Rider
>>
>>82049557
I'd like to see the Chitari again, they were a nice collection of different forms, shapes, and sizes.
Also giant battle turtles and serpents.
Sucks, because I think the epilogue heavily implied The Avengers successfully xenocided it's invaders, so I'm note sure they'll come back anytime soon.

They might have been cannon fodder, but they were damn good cannon fodder.
>>
They want to do a Ghost Rider, but Ike the Kike's cheapness is preventing it.
>>
>>82049575
It needed to happen. Do you think most casual TV audiences prior to season 2's release what the Inhumans were? The royal family? Attilan? Lash?

In 3 years if/when the Inhumans movie comes out, there will be a lot less people questioning why some mute guy can blow up anything with his voice, or why some Queen can fight people with her impossibly long hair. Giving the lore of NuHumans now makes sense in the longterm.
>>
>all these AoS fans desperately wanting their shit taste to be rewarded by it being relevant to the MCU

So sad
>>
>>82045249
Another high level position has just opened up.
>>
>>82045241
They specified last episode that was just Malick's weird religious cult branch of it. Whitehall reappeared just to mock them.
>>
>>82049517
Underrated post
>>
Makes more sense than most of the shit we see

Like, if they're hell-bent on creating a line of genetically altered Super-Human army, and we've seen them go to such extremes where they use literal cosmic energy as fuel sources for giant super-weapons, then why is something like the Inhumans so out there?

Besides, sounds like the type of shit Nazis would do in real life anyway. Nazis were fucking weird black magic worshipers
>>
>>82049641
>I'd like to see the Chitari again
Avengers AoU seemed to be implying that they were Thanos' army, as in, his main fighting force, which works, it you notice that elements of their armor design are echoed in Thanos' design in GotG. It makes pervect sense for Thanos, he's always been about using biological and cybernetic augmentation to make things more powerful, cloning, etc. He did it to himself, he did it to his "daughters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk

>"Our warriors are fearless. They welcome a glorious death"
The Otherm in a deleted scene
The Chitauri are basically an embodiment of Thanos' will. They are many, rather than individually powerful, so they die in great numbers. They round up civilians execute them for no reason other than to kill. They're pretty much Thanos' art project to impress his girlfriend.
>>
>>82049843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_4nfoT93Rs
They were so dastardly and wicked they tried to invade an alternate dimension of powered people almost decades before WW2 in preparation for their world domination.

>Thule Society was Hydra
>>
Tell me /co/ is AoS and Agent Carter worth watching?

I know that AoS supposedly "gets better" and Agent Carter was generally well-received, but I don't know if I'm missing out on anything by not watching them. As an aside, I have actually watched Daredevil (both seasons) and Jessica Jones since, well they're actually about legit superheroes and all.
>>
>>82045241

>Agents of SHIELD

Nobody cares.
>>
>>82050049
AoS is really really bad until season 3

Agent Carter is ok
>>
>>82050049
The cast of AoS is more superpowered than Daredevil now.
>>
>>82050049
I would only watch them if for some reason you are out of shows you want to watch. As in, they're not so terrible you will regret watching them but there are so many other good tv shows that there's no reason to actually watch them.
>>
>>82050049
Season one of Carter
Season 2&3 of AoS
Skip the rest
>>
>>82050049
>since, well they're actually about legit superheroes and all.
Agents of SHIELD has superspies with powers, and that's pretty cool.
>>
>>82049122
More like Schmidt split off and did his own thing. About halfway through the movie he mocks "Hitler's Aryan ideal" and says he's been kicked out because he no longer fits it (as, yknow, the Red Skull), but keeps going autonomously, as he has the resources, and a secluded fortress in Switzerland, not Germany.

Hence trying to Tesseract-bomb Berlin as well as the US, wiping the field clean of everyone else for Hydra to emerge the only victor and ruler. Schmidt took what he needed from Germany and ran with it for his own motivations.
>>
>>82050210
I don't mean that as a slight against AoS, especially since I recognize that it uses actual comic characters as part of its cast of good and bad guys. Rather I mean it in the way of Daredevil and Jessica Jones are about mainline superheroes and not necessarily just MCU.
>>
File: 1430583117563.jpg (8 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1430583117563.jpg
8 KB, 300x199
>>82045241

Good lord, no wonder Feige just ignores Agents of Shield.
>>
>>82050489
Forgot to add "MCU-original".
>>
>>82050306
If you look at Schmidt's motivation in Captain America - the First Avenger, it's kind of easy now to realate it to the older, Inhuman-worshipping cult. He believed the world must be ruled by "superior men" and sought to become one, hence his research into the super-soldier serum. That belief would likely have come from the idea of a powered being ruling the Earth.
>>
>>82049652
Perlmutter having an "accident" when
>>
>>82049623
Ghost Rider isn't usually a team player, is he? He may cooperate with other heroes sometimes but he's not the type to attend mission briefings or whatever.
>>
>>82050552
Thats a good justification
>>
>>82048201
It's canon in the sense that AoS doesn't exist without the MCU.

But the MCU could care less about the show.
>>
>>82048316
>Literally nothing from the show has had any impact or reference into the movies.
Yeah? Well, Howard the Duck's comic has had no impact or reference into X-Men comics. Still the same universe though.
>>
>>82051281
>X-Men comics. Still the same universe though.

not for long now
>>
>>82045142
I think AIM is easy enough to fix though. It'd be simple to have new leadership step up and change it into the AIM we know and love.
>>
>>82051059
He could have a role similar to Punisher in DD S2.
>>
>>82051337
DAMN YOU, IKE
>>
>>82046003
Agents of Quipshield?
>>
>>82045241

Agents of shield? Good to know this doesn't actually matter then
>>
File: 15d.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
15d.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>82052956
>>82053016
Just wanted to say I love your memes, sir.
>>
>>82049048
Also
>AoS has news ticker mentioning gang war in Hell's Kitchen
>Newspaper articles in Daredevil reference Cybertek going under as a result of the Deathlok program from season 1 of AoS
>>
>>82048238
It's better than a third of the movies.
>>
>>82053445
Man, I'm just really mad that Coulson isn't even looking into Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>82048047
Yes, because it's coming out after Civil War.

>>82048400
Because everything up to Civil War was made by Marvel Entertainment, so Marvel actually made them. Marvel Television is also under Marvel Entertainment, so Marvel made them.

But after AoU, Feige made a power-play to have Marvel Studios removed from Marvel Entertainment and just become a Disney-ran movie studio rather than a Marvel-ran one. It was too late for this to fully effect Civil War (though the switch did happen in the middle of Civil War production, so some things were effected), but everything post-Civil War isn't made by Marvel. It's made by Disney.

Up until Civil War, the movies and television shows were all made by Marvel under the control of Perlmutter and the Marvel Creative Committee. They were MARVEL movies and shows. Now, the movies are made by DISNEY while the shows are made by MARVEL. So the Disney made MCU movies aren't as canon as the Marvel made ones, since this is the MARVEL cinematic universe.
>>
>>82048461
Honestly, that was probably a favor from Whedon to his brother, who is making AoS after all. Feige and co already showed that they have no idea what happens on the TV side.
>>
>>82053575
Dude's kinda got a lot on his plate.
>>
I was not expecting that ending for the last episode.
>>
>>82046939
>>82053663

That is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>82053663
... Are you an idiot?

A Canon is any movie
B Canon are the shows
C Canon are the tie in comics
>>
>>82053663
How can someone be this stupid?
>>
>watching last week's episode now
>about 6 minutes in

"why dose Hydra want this agricultural company?"
"Well, what do they do?"
"GMO's, pesticides, you know basically ruining the planet"

Really, they're going there? Even had their biologist be the one to deliver that line?
>>
>>82055460
This is a Joss Whedon show, what do expect?
>>
>>82045064
Probably more the latter than the former. Making them aware of and wanting to exploit Inhumans, Whitehall style? Cool.
Tying their origins directly to the Inhumans (which is honestly one of the weaker parts of the show with its halfassed X-Men lifting) -Not so much.

Honestly this season going even more Inhuman heavy killed a lot of the momentum the Real SHIELD plot gave the show last season IMO.
>>
>>82055460
>Something made in Hollywood is anti GMO

Stop the fucking presses guys.
>>
>>82051281
Howard the Duck lived at the Xavier's Massachusetts campus for a while.
>>
>>82045064
>>82045241
Hydra was set up in First Avenger as being into investigating and acquiring occult shit and magic and whatever other wacky stuff. Other than implying that the organization is older, the idea that they would worship a super monster on the other side of a stargate seems pretty within their wheelhouse
>>
>>82045241
I've gone from playing the along with the "AoS isn't canon" joke to actively wanting it to be true.

Remove that tumor.
>>
>>82048440
>>82048461
That movie being written without AoS in consideration is exactly what started the "It's not canon" meme to begin with.
>>
>>82055582
It's Jed, not Joss.
>>
>>82048776
>AIM is part of Hydra
I don't like it
>>
>>82045241
>>82045064
Before AoS
>hydra is an ancient aliens cult that wants to take over the world
After AoS
>hydra is an ancient aliens cult that wants to take over the world

>>82046485
I never thought about that.
>>
>>82059404
Except fury's line obviously tells us SOME consideration, albeit one line's worth, was given to the show when the movie was written.
>>
>>82054725
No stupider than the people that think AoS and the Netflix shows aren't canon just because Coulson and Daredevil aren't in Civil War.
>>
>>82045064

That's pretty much what happened in the comics, too. HYDRA didn't become what it became until Strucker took it over.
>>
>>82045588
No that retcon was dumb, HYDRA and SHIELD should just be what they originally were.
>>
>>82051139
What a retarded definition of canon. The same could be said about Star Wars'.
>>
>>82048461
Which was shit because that was also Joss and AoS ignoring what happened in TWS.

That said the Russos don't give a fuck about AoS and they mist likely won't care to reference it and whatever that show does it won't affect the movies.
>>
>>82045241
I had a hunch it was AoS. They're really trying to get banned from canon aren't they?
No way the actual Cinematic universe goes with a large retcon like that without being the ones to show it happening.
>>
>>82046028
>primarily focused on occultism and mysticism, not like Whitehall, the Red Skull, or Pierce.
But Red Skull was focused on mysticism in TFA.
>>
AoU's canonicity was put in jeopardy the momeny Feige split the Marvel Studios from Marvel Entertainment.

I mean I don't think the movie people will actively try to shit on what the shows have done but they won't limit themselves to following what the shows have established and with the lack of communication both groups have it might lead to more minor discrepancies like this
>>82048904
>>82048927

>>82048461
That's funny especially since Whedon disliked the idea of Coulson's being acknowledged as being alive in the Marvel movies in any way, probably did as tease for shiw fans but kept it vague enougj so that it could mean anyone other than Coulson.

>“As far as I’m concerned in the films, yes he’s dead. In terms of the narrative of these guys [The Avengers] his loss was very important. When I created the television show, it was sort of on the understanding that this can work and we can do it with integrity, but these Avengers movies are for people to see the Avengers movies and nothing else. And it would neither make sense nor be useful to say ‘Oh and by the way remember me? I died!’”

And with Russos admitting they don't watch AoS I guess it doesn’t matter much.
>>
>>82045064

Whatr wierd is that Whitehall's entire life's work only brought him to the very brink of finding out what inhumans are and then next season we find out apparently Hydra has always known inhumans exist and worships them.
>>
>>82062456

Whitehall was in prison for decades and even then was clearly the Admiral Motti of HYDRA to begin with. He had no time for any hokey death cult ramblings, he was about proper mad science like a true man should be.

Even if he had been alive when Hive had come through the portal, he wouldn't have cared. At best he would be experimenting on Inhumans like what he did with Skye's mom but on a larger scale.
>>
>>82049421
Hive will be blown up by some fancy new weapon and the team will think they've won. Then in the epilogue scene you'll see the a montage with countless people each waking up and looking into the mirror only to see Grant Ward staring back.
>>
>>82062456
>Whatr wierd is that Whitehall's entire life's work only brought him to the very brink of finding out what inhumans are
Really? I thought he was studying and experimenting on them for a while.
>>
>>82059441
Are all whedons J's? Like the J version of the kardashians.
>>
Do you think Inhumans will reference this at all?
>>
>>82062846
Honestly I don't think so. Maybe some vague allusions. By the time it runs out, if AOS is still around, the inhuman shit should have run its course.
>>
>>82062910
*comes out not runs out
>>
>>82045241

Actually that was just an ancient order within Hydra. Honestly fans were thinking it would turn out to be Zodiac or something.

What should piss you off is so many Hydra villains that died so unceremoniously.

All we have now is Struker jr.
>>
If you had watched last week's episode, you'd realize that Hydra is still Hydra, but Malick's father, who happened to be a Hydra head, ALSO was in an Inhuman worshipping cult.
>>
>>82062910
don't they need to start mentioning shit for when the Inhumans movie comes out?
>>
>>82062846
I hope so. Not as like a major plot point or focus of the movie, because the Attilan Inhumans won't give that much of a shit, surely, but just acknowledging that there have been Nuhumans awakening their powers over the past few years in some way would be cool.
>>
>>82062945
I should have waited to post til I found this, but here.

It's terribly formatted post copy/paste, but fuck you, figure it out.

Malick: Why are we here? Our dad's body is barely cold. I felt it was vital we spoke before you upcoming stone ceremony. Your first, yes? There better be a point to this. You boys are of age now. It's time you choose a path forward in Hydra. And with your father gone, I believe you should choose mine. And why would we do that, old man? Gideon, don't. I'm a man of science, not religion. Your family's ancient traditions are nonsense. You don't know anything about us or our beliefs. No? A ceremony where grown men draw stones from a bag and one unlucky participant draws a white stone and is sacrificed to a liquid rock. To be chosen as the Traveler is a great honor. An archaic blood sacrifice ... You're a coward. He was 10 times the man you are. Make no mistake. Your rituals are foolish.
>>
>>82051139
>But the MCU could care less about the show.

So it DOES care?
>>
>>82045241
That show no one watches?
>>
>>82062754
He studied and dissected Skye's mom but he never truly knew what she was. He died before the term "inhuman" was ever uttered on the show. He knew there was some connection between Skye's mom and the Diviner, and he was looking for the Kree City, but he didn't know what Terragenesis is, or know there was a community of Inhumans or fully grasp what he was looking for. He just knew there were "special people" and the Diviner did some special shit and he was trying to find out what it was.
>>
>All these people saying AoS doesn't matter because it doesn't affect the movies
Neither does Daredevil or Jessica Jones.
>>
>>82063517
Yeah but DD and JJ aren't boring shiny shit garbage. And they're 13 episodes instead of 23, so them not mattering is more condensed, which is a plus.
>>
>>82063298
Lel, that's hilarious considering his dismissal of Gideon's "cult" in the Season 3 flashback. If only he had a closer connection with Malick, he could have found out everything.
>>
>>82063624
>DD and JJ aren't boring shiny shit garbage
You not liking something has no bearing on whether or not it's canon
>>
>>82063672
Sure it does. headcanon4lyfe
>>
File: freebirdhydra.png (252 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
freebirdhydra.png
252 KB, 1920x1200
>>
>>82063823
Wouldn't Confederates be more like The Brotherhood of the Serpent?
>>
>>82049229
Yes, this "meme" is very strong and has been circling the internet since Daredevil S1 came out, so some idiot changed it on the unofficial wiki and nobody doubted him. I rewatched it to check. They literally never mention the name of Matt's orphanage. Foggy does mention a "Saint Agnes Daycare" in an earlier episode, which is what this originates from, but the name is never linked to Matt's orphanage in any way.
>>
File: Your Bum in my face.gif (978 KB, 247x131) Image search: [Google]
Your Bum in my face.gif
978 KB, 247x131
>>82045064
I hate the fact that they killed off the entire leadership except for Red Skull.
Would've been better if they were portrayed like in "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" Plus I majorly hate their live action uniforms.
And I would hate to think what they would do to A.I.M's uniforms IF they ever bring them up.
>No Madam Hydra....Ballox.
>>
File: 130630275251.jpg (330 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
130630275251.jpg
330 KB, 1680x1050
>>82063823
It is a bit of a dead religion right?
>>
>>82045064
>retconning

What happens in the movies isn't canon. MCU is not 616.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.