[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 2000.jpg (345 KB, 1852x939) Image search: [Google]
2000.jpg
345 KB, 1852x939
From the ashes of this pitch came three really great books so lets talk about it. Would it have worked? Ho good was it? How would dc,superman the industry and there careers have been different had it came out. Are we better off with these three stories than the original? Which of the spawn books were the best?

https://sites.google.com/a/deepspacetransmissions.com/site/news-1/superman2000-thegreatestsupermanstorynevertold
>>
Where's Felicity?
>>
You forgot Morrison's Action Comics run.
>>
Where is Secret Identity?
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (26 KB, 720x395) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
26 KB, 720x395
>>82037446
>Superman has to think differently from us, and when we see into his head, we should be shocked by the clarity and simplicity of his brilliance and compassion. This is a god sent to Earth not to suffer and die but to live and inspire and change the face of the galaxy by his deeds and reputation. This is the man who will take time out from stopping Mongul’s plan to crash Alpha Centauri into our sunsystem just to save a drowning dog or dry the tears of a child.
We also see Superman as the ultimate communicator--invulnerable to pain, he needs none of the physical defensive postures we take for granted and so would be incredibly relaxed and open--the big smile, the instant handshake, the conviction that everyone he meets is to be regarded as a friend until he proves otherwise. Superman should be indefatigable and trustworthy. No more "Bad Superman" or "Crazy Superman" stories for a while.
>>
>>82037446
This whole thing sounds pretty awesome, its a damn shame it hasn't been done.

The Toyman idea is kinda stupid though. Other than that, I'm loving it.
>>
>>82038031
>The Toyman idea is kinda stupid though. Other than that, I'm loving it.

It's different enough. It would have been fresh and different enough from Prankster or past incarnation of Winslow.
>>
lol at the idea of no more bad Superman stories. Who would Batman fight then???
>>
>>82037806
Johns had nothing to do with this

>>82037691
AC was based in the golden age Ass prequel concept.
Its more of a grand son
>>
>>82037446
Man that would have been an interesting way to revitalize superman at the time. Too bad that shit didn't happen.
>>
>>82039873
What would we be like if it.did
>>
>>82037446
One of those is classic, the other is mediocre, and the last is shit.

>>82037691
That was garbage.
>>
>>82041916
Wat
>>
>>82041916
This garbage taste offends me.
>>
>>82037446
>Would it have worked?

I guess. Morrison was a top seller with JLA and Waid was still popular for Flash and Kingdom Come. Mark Millar was getting acclaim for his Superman Adventures even though the general comics readership didn't notice and would start writing Authority in 2000.

>How would dc,superman the industry and there careers have been different had it came out.

In our world, Morrison and Millar went over to Marvel because of the incidents over at DC and did New X-Men and Ultimate X-Men respectively. Without them, who does Quesada tap to do those books? Loeb? Bendis pulling double-duty on USM and UXM? Joe Kelly? Would Man of Action be the ones overseeing the X-books since in our world Joe Casey wrote Uncanny?

Their goal to "restore Superman to his pre-eminent place as the greatest super-hero of all and to topple Spawn and every Marvel comic that’s currently in his way"... I think they would easily topple Spawn, because after 2000 the book's sales regularly declined after that. But at that time they made the pitch they didn't know Joe Quesada and Bill Jemas would be running Marvel, so I don't know if they would've been able to beat Ultimate Spider-Man, or JMS' Spider-Man.

Ellis would still pick Millar to do Authority, but it's hard to tell how that would've gone. Millar probably would've gotten censored still, but it's possible he doesn't make a big deal out of it because he's also writing Superman.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.