[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say at least three positive things about the Schumacher Batman films.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12
File: Batman-Forever-still-2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Forever-still-2.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Say at least three positive things about the Schumacher Batman films.
>>
File: tumblr_n2pzwz0ueV1rrkahjo3_250.gif (2 MB, 245x194) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2pzwz0ueV1rrkahjo3_250.gif
2 MB, 245x194
The ice puns were pretty *cool*
>>
>>82036473
They forced Hollywood to re-evaluate how Superhero films should be made.
>>
1) Jim Carrey did a pretty good job as Riddler. It was really more Joker, but I still thought he did a good job.
2) Two Face's henchwomen were really hot.
3) Val Kilmer was acceptable as Batman.
>>
Batnipples and ass shots.
>>
>>82036473
Make me
>>
They're not Batman vs Superman

They faithfully reinterpret the established Burton mythos, only recasting two characters (Dent and Batman) and even using the plot about the pointless power station from Batman Returns to light up the old city sets and backdrops, indicating Gotham is more corrupt than ever

Jackie Chan
>>
>>82036473

>Their failings led to the Nolan films.
>Made the Burton films seem good.
>George Clooney is hot as Batman, I want fuck.
>>
Riddler was good
Gotham looked great
Alfred's still good
>>
File: dale3.jpg (108 KB, 901x676) Image search: [Google]
dale3.jpg
108 KB, 901x676
They're entertaining.

They're highly stylized.

They're definitely unique.
>>
>>82036544
Catwoman
>>
>>82036473
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gough
2. >>82036529
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDl1c0nR5SI
>>
File: 800468_orig.png (672 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
800468_orig.png
672 KB, 1100x618
>1.) Outfits looks ok to good when you ignore the nipples. OP's image for example looks perfectly good with great ears.
>2.) Mr Freeze's outfit is dated but is still kinda cool.
>3.) Alica Silverstone is cute as fuck.
>4.) Good music if I recall correctly.
>5.) Chris O was actually a good-ish Robin IMO.
>6.) Val was good.
>7.) Kidman is among the sexiest live action comic book women ever holy shit.
>>
1. Gotham was colorful and interesting. It gave a reason for why anybody ever comes to Gotham in the first place, because it has such an insane night-life and basically where the rich/famous go to blow their wealth

2. They're memorable. They're hella goofy and over-the-top, but they're memorable and it's still fun to look back on just how silly they were.

3. They're a product of their time period. It's kind of neat to come back to them and remember how actions movies were often stylized in the 90's
>>
File: batman19.jpg (630 KB, 1358x569) Image search: [Google]
batman19.jpg
630 KB, 1358x569
I absolutely loved the way Gotham looked. It's not my ideal Gotham, but it was wholly unique and felt like a bizarre alien world with the neon lights and the giant statues and the impossible architecture.
>>
>>82036578
>They're not Batman vs Superman
But BVS is vastly better then Forever and a hundred billion fucking light years better then B&R.
I say that as someone who does see flaws with BVS and knows its absolutely not perfect.
>>
Riddler's Cane Twirling
BATTLESHIP
Deranged Campy Style
>>
Gotham and the set design
The main theme song
The casting was on-point
>>
>>82036473
The score was great.

The costumes were good in a really gay way.
>>
>>82036770
>BVS
>I'M JESUS
>NO I'M JESUS
>WHO CAN DO A BETTER T-POSE AND HAS MORE MOODY MOODINESS
>LOOK AT ALL THIS PSUEDO-POLITCAL NONSENSE GOD WE'RE SO SMART AND PRETENTIOUS

>B&R
>comicbook heroes doing comicbook things from comicbooks

I'd rather watch the shitty batman movies than any of the fun-less Nolan/snyder bat/supes films any day
>>
>>82036473
- Good musical scores
- Fun stylized set design
- Not ashamed of having characters in sexy outfits and poses
>>
>>82036759

God, this. The entire thing felt like it was trapped somewhere between the 1980s grime and comic-book neon excess. Massive statues that just sit in the middle of the city, day-glo thugs, awful puns, the whole works. It was so great.
>>
>>82036473
Batman forever has a great opening scene.

Val Kilmer wasn't a bad bruce wayne choice for the time.

Alfred was still pretty cool in them.
>>
It was one of the few superhero movies that sexualized the men more than the woman.
>>
>>82036936
That's not "the entire MCU".
>>
>>82036473
had the best riddler
>>
>>82036887
>>I'M JESUS
>>NO I'M JESUS
Your a lying mother fucker, the Jesus imagery in MOS amounted to 1 2 minute scene and 1 3-5 second shot in the film.
And BVS had nothing as overt as that except Lex's speech about angels.
>LOOK AT ALL THIS PSUEDO-POLITCAL NONSENSE GOD WE'RE SO SMART AND PRETENTIOUS
Yes they are smart to explore the realistic effects of these characters on the world and your a ignorant child-ish mother fucker if you can't appreciate it.
>>
>>82036946
Man, I really wanna cuddle with Chris Evans and sip hot chocolate on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
>>
>>82036971
It's a Wednesday, 10AM pacific time. Get a job, Snyder.
>>
>>82036473
1) The soundtracks for them were pretty amazing.
Seriously, Kiss from a Rose and The end is the beginning is the end are fucking classic.

2) Jim Carrey's performance was pretty entertaining, Like Frank Gorshin on acid.

3) They did have a rather colorful design style to them, unlike the overly dreary, washed out colors of the Synder films.
>>
>>82036473

- Jim Carrey. Not everything, but the moment where Bruce is really channeling the Bat and the Riddler starts to scream... ahhh, that was nice.

- ...I'm sorry, I guess that was it.
>>
File: LonelySadness.jpg (39 KB, 309x323) Image search: [Google]
LonelySadness.jpg
39 KB, 309x323
>>82036473
I don't need to. I unironically like more about them than I dislike. Name a thing even Batnipples and I probably enjoyed it.

tfw when I would even prefer Schumacher to Snyder
>>
File: 1399844892279.jpg (29 KB, 341x390) Image search: [Google]
1399844892279.jpg
29 KB, 341x390
>>82036597
>>82036724
>>82036759
>>
Although he didn't really do a good job of it, I think this place between straight up camp and dark/gritty aesthetic is my favorite 'tone' for Batman stories. Only Morrison has really gotten it right though, and only some of the time.
>>
-We got "Kiss From a Rose".
-Jim Carrey's Riddler was a fairly good interpretation of the character at the time, matched up with Carrey's acting style.
-Gotham's unique design
-Pretty good version of the Mr. Freeze suit.
-The campiness is entertaining. They aren't serious movies, but they don't really pretend to be.
>>
>>82036759
Deranged theme park Gotham was pretty great, and made all the costumed villains seem a lot less out of place. In a city that looks so crazy it's easy to believe anybody living there for very long really IS just one bad day away from becoming like the Joker.
>>
The Beginning is the End is The Beginning
Kiss from a Rose
The End is the Beginning is the End
>>
>>82036473

I really, really like how Gotham looks and feels in those movies.

Good Batmobile, while I don't dislike the almost literal tank we have now the old one had some charm I wouldn't know how to describe

Pic related
>>
>>82036473
>Val Kilmer made for a good Batman
>Jim Carrey was fun to watch
>The aspect of Mr. Freeze being sympathetic was still there, and was at least a little compelling
>>
>>82037071
I haven't watched it, but apparently Gotham has a steady mix of dark and camp.
>>
File: 1417497925111.jpg (72 KB, 410x389) Image search: [Google]
1417497925111.jpg
72 KB, 410x389
>>82037033
>Schumacher's DCLAU
>>
>nerds spent nearly two decades clenching their assholes in rage that their "deep and serious children's funny books" got such a "shitty film"

I'm just glad you people are finally starting to unclench.
>>
>>82036473
No. Fuck you.

The 60's Batman movie was the best one and we'll never get another funny Batman movie ever again thanks to these turds.
>>
>>82036473
>Good score
>Batman was much more heroic in Forever than he was in 89 or Returns
>I liked how Gotham looked in some shots, particularly when they would show the streets and not just arial shots
>>
>>82036759
That matte painting of the circus and Gotham skyline/bay is still just as awesome as it was when I was 7.
>>
File: 1459300031379.jpg (152 KB, 594x720) Image search: [Google]
1459300031379.jpg
152 KB, 594x720
>>82036994
>You will never get cozy in his lap and use his pecs for pillows.
>>
>>82036473
Best cars
Best depiction of Gotham as a backdrop
I actually enjoyed the campiness. It was like watching Batman '66
>>
File: test1.jpgXX0001.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
test1.jpgXX0001.jpg
447 KB, 1280x1080
>Elliot Goldenthal theme
>Smashing Pumpkins, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mazzy Star, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey
>"Kiss From a Rose" and "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me"
>Bombing and paving the way for Nolan to to make his Batman trilogy
>>
>>82036473
The Red book subplot was kinda neat, why did it almost completely disappear from the theatrical cut?
>>
>>82036473
>I actually liked Arnold as Freeze
>Kiss by a rose is a good song
>The burger king mugs for Batman and Robin were pretty great
>>
They where fun
I like Mr. Freeze
Good luck seeing Richard or Babs in a live action film again, unless you count Robin in DKR
>>
>>82038880
WB didn't want anything that could be considered "adult" in Forever after Returns got shit on by parents for being too dark.
>>
What if BvS ended with the two of them singing Kiss From a Rose?
>>
>>82040990
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhW1cu1cC24
>>
>>82036473
Special effects and lighting were alright. Really dug the neon lights.

Kinda pulled off the overall feel of 60's Batman. Kinda...

They're bad-movie-goofy fun to watch.

Special Bonus Opinion: Uma Thurman's ass.
>>
>>82036473
>I liked Riddler
>I kind of liked Tommy Lee Jones as Two-face even if he was too campy for my tastes
>Clooney was decent casting even if he phoned it in a bit
>>
I liked it when they suited up. I find it hilarious and pretty cool at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxOkt414b8
>>
>>82036473
Fun
Comfy
Full of feels
>>
File: BatNipples.jpg (41 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
BatNipples.jpg
41 KB, 620x300
1. They are FUN! Seriously, while they are silly they are genuinely fun. Yes, even Batman and Robin.
2.Visually appealing. We still get the darkness of Batman but we get lovely contrasts with the villains and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want toys of all these things when I was a kid.
3.They were cool, at least for kids. I mean, I watched the Adam West movie as a kid and I took it super seriously, not realizing the inherent goofiness of it. Same with these. the stakes were high and the action was spectacular.

Man, gotta watch them again now... so much fun.
>>
>>82036473

In retrospect, with good batman films in existence, they are fun bad movies.

There's hundreds of fun things in them that are forgivable now.
>>
>>82040264
I'm starting to think WB is as bad as Sony is at handling and understanding comic book properties.
>>
>>82036564
>It was really more Joker, but I still thought he did a good job.
It still worked as a quiz showmaster who wants to entertain the audience.
>>
>>82036473
I don't know why everyone shits on this film. Its obviously a throwback to the campy days of Adam West. If you were expecting a 2deep4u capeshit movie then you need to take your head out of your ass.
>>
>>82042748
Well, earlier someone compared his performance to Frank Gorshin on drugs >>82037026, so it's actually really very appropriate. I can't believe I never made that connection before.
>>
Jim Carrey as Riddler was ridiculously infectious.
>>
They are bad movies. But at least it's possible to enjoy a bad movie. These movies succeeded in being entertaining, and thus have done their part as movies.

Boring movies, on the other hand...
>>
>>82036473

1. Great set/art design. Over the top fluorescent neon everywhere. Not tasteful or classy, but entertaining.

2. Jim Carrey is actually a really good choice for the Riddler, even if the script let him down.

3. Uhhh Alicia Silverstone looked nice in skintight Rubber?
>>
>>82036473
1. I like the way B&R just opens up with Mr. Freeze fucking shit up and Batman rushing to save the day. Just straight to the point.

2. Like people said, Gotham looked cool.

3. The idea of a big-budget, star-studded movie trying to recreate '66 Batman is pretty wild, hard to believe these movies got made. I genuinely think we could have gotten a pretty good movie out of that idea
>>
Batman & Robin understands the goals of Batman better than every single other Batman movie.
>>
Manual reminder that Schumacher was told by the studio to create something more light-hearted and kid-friendly so they could sell toys. Nigga based his iteration of Batman off of the silver age and the Adam West show, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
uma thurman as poison ivy was one of my earliest faps
>>
>>82045669
Explain.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.