[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Henry just write a Superman movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Cavill_Reeves_suit.jpg (49 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Cavill_Reeves_suit.jpg
49 KB, 640x640
Why doesn't Henry just write a Superman movie?
>>
Henry has said multiple times that he considers acting to be his job, his way of making money and supporting his friends and family, not any kind of art. Why would he want to write?
>>
I think Jon Favreau should write/direct one. He clearly has a decent grasp on how to direct superhero movies with a balance of seriousness and levity and his more recent projects show he has a good grasp on the visual.

I think he could deliver a Superman movie with enough of the family-friendly uplifting energy folks want from Supes, while balancing it out with just enough real-world weight to keep the adults interested and thinking "Yeah, what about that?"
>>
File: 1461111017980.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1997) Image search: [Google]
1461111017980.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1997
Well, he's not a writer, for one.

But now that he's essentially "locked" into the Superman role, they should write something more playful that takes advantage of Henry's natural charisma, rather try to turn him into Batman or Spider-Man.

Or at least let him talk more, and talk to other people.
>>
File: 1453158527782.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453158527782.png
244 KB, 500x375
>>82036821
>We'll never have a golden age Supes movie with dialogue as cheesy as Raimi's first Spider-Man starring Henry Cavill
Why actually even live?
>>
>>82036916
>he puts on his accent from Man of UNCLE
>>
>>82035869

>Favreau and Snyder doing MoS2 together

my fucking dick. I loved Iron Man 1 and MoS. Shit would be off the charts
>>
>>82036916
>We'll never have a golden age Supes movie with dialogue as cheesy as Raimi's first Spider-Man
Fuck you for wanting that garbage.
Suck it campfag.
You got your 5 movies now it's our turn.
>>
>>82037992
>You got your 5 movies now it's our turn.
And it's going soooooooooo well
>>
>>82036821
funny how elizabeth debicki is gonna star in memes of the galaxy
>>
>>82035869
Isn't he back with Marvel though?
>>
>>82037992
fuck off 90's EXTREMEfags
>>
>>82037875
yeah snyder's job is being the cinematographer don't fucking let him touch the script
>>
>>82035331
Ben was too busy writing a Batman movie
>>
>>82036821
> they should write something more playful that takes advantage of Henry's natural charisma

You know, if they had him as down-on-his-luck Simon Williams, fading movie star, he could really use that upbeat "sure the reviews were shit, but hey, we made a movie, isn't that great" persona to great effect.

Let's hope WB are willing to drop his contract.
>>
>>82037992
eat shit, Nuclear Man
>>
>>82038015
MOS was incredible and Bvs was flawed but still great. It damn sure is.
>>82038109
MOS/BVS have nothing on common with 90s trash, they are mythic yet realistic epics in the vein of Supreme Power.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.